[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do research into numbers stations >get scared of the dark

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1452090450981.jpg (133KB, 1027x767px) Image search: [Google]
1452090450981.jpg
133KB, 1027x767px
>do research into numbers stations
>get scared of the dark again
Why do I do this to myself?
>>
>>25585925
If you own a shortwave radio, just listen to some nice classical music on Radio Romania International or Radio Austria International, and everything will be good again.
>>
>>25585925
Trying to catch a number station is pretty cool. With good weather conditions I can even catch UVB-76 on my handheld.
>>
>>25585958
I'm in the Asia Pacific though. It's hard to pick up anything these days. I did find Radio Australia invaluable when I was on a cruise though. Couldn't get news information any other way.

>>25585997
The spookiest was Cherry Ripe. It was apparently trasmitted only a ten hours drive from where I live.
I never got to hear it live (I was too young to properly use a radio), but I've got a recording of it.

Numbers stations are still the best way to securely smuggle information. You might have a neighbour that uses one for reals.
>>
>>25585997
>implying number stations exist anymore
It's just faggots transmitting random numbers for lulz these days.
>>
Anyone know some legitimate creepy shit to look at?
>>
>tfw shortwave is dead
All I want is an hour from every country each day. Is it all that much to ask?

I feel really sorry for the kids.
When we went away for the holidays, all I'd do is scan the radiowaves. You'd have to pretty much walk around town to find vantage points for VHF/FM DXing, etc. It was great.
What do they do now?
>>
>>25586071
There are still a few number stations. And you need some serious gear to do it for the lulz, if the local government isn't raping you already for illegal broadcasting.
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case#Timeline

it's probably just spies killing spies but fuck if it isn't spooky
>>
>>25586055
Japan has cool radio; some sort of radar system you can pick up, Kyodo news broadcasts articles in HF-fax and they have a number station. China also has number stations, which are claimed to belong to organized crime.
>>
>>25586234
You still have stations to listen to if you look, if you're in North America, while you do have to deal with Brother Stair on ~30 frequencies, you can still get Radio Havana Cuba, China Radio International, Radio Romania, Voice of Turkey, All India Radio, BBC World Service (7445, 9915, 12095), Radio France International, Radio Slovakia International, Radio Prague, Radio Ukraine International and a bunch more.

If you utilize WebSDR's that can expand your range further, and you can still get some nice QSL Cards at least.

It's not what it used to be, but there's still stuff there, I don't know if I'll be able to say that a decade from now unfortunately.
>>
>>25586282
>literally live 5km from where it happened
I actually drove past many times before I read the story when reading about Adelaide's addiction to having spooky murders.

>>25586320
I hope to get an SDR at some point in time so I can decode some of the non-audio stuff. I'd also love to receive some DRM.

When radio dies down and licencing gets easier (as broadcasters die and free up the spectrum) I want to start my own moderately powered DRM shortwave or hf service. It'd only run for 30min a day, but I'd be great fun to bring it back.
>>
File: frequency_counter.jpg (248KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
frequency_counter.jpg
248KB, 750x1000px
>>25586416
About getting gear; This just came in.
>>
>>25586123

Here you go: https://youtu.be/XTgFtxHhCQ0?t=95
>>
>>25585925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWR8oshYDyk&feature=youtu.be&t=92

this is my fav, that german girl and the music box tune are creepy as fuck.
>>
>Numbers stations
>Scary
why?
>>
File: sweatingp pepe.jpg (16KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
sweatingp pepe.jpg
16KB, 200x189px
>>25586123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--yqcHyTo

That guy seems to have some really spoopy videos loaded and it seems pretty new as well. Last time I was so spooped I read about MKultra.
>>
>>25586674
They are real, and still in active use, but we have no knowledge of them.
You can never know the message or receiver.

The way they work means that literally anyone could be the intended target. The only clue that is left is that the target is within range of the signal.

The Cuban Five, for example used Number Stations and only got caught because they were careless with the number encryption.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.