[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is mental illness so fucking easy to fake and diagnose >2009

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 234523452345.jpg (67KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
234523452345.jpg
67KB, 500x494px
Why is mental illness so fucking easy to fake and diagnose

>2009
>Diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety
>Given 20mg Prozac

>2011
>Diagnosed with Social Anxiety and Depression again
>Doc raises pills to 60 mg

>2015
>Fuck some shit up and court tells me to go to get mental help or jail time with Tyrone
>Diagnosed with Avoidant personality disorder
and get switched to Nardil

What a shit load of fuck. Mental illness is literally a fucking meme and fuck every fucking normie who takes pride and brags about their depression or anxiety on Social Media

Also, fuck the pills. I never taken them and never will. Fuck that.
>>
been on 20mg prozac for the past few years
nothing really changed, just take your pills
>>
>>25580395
How come women are more likely to claim mental illnesses. I've dated 4 girls before and every single 1 of them told me about their "depression". I got the impression that they though it made them deep and cool to have a mental illness. They would tell me that they had depression after hanging out 2 or 3 times, like it's just a casual thing. They would also tell me about that time they "tried to kill themselves" by making a shallow horizontal cut on their wrist or swallowing a bunch of pills in their own house where their mom would see them in 10 minutes.

Why do women do this all the time? Men don't do this annoying garbage as much.
>>
>>25580469

Maybe for you because you didn't make a change. My life is going great 2bh

>>25580533

Women are chemically and emotionally weak. They secretly want you to adore them even more when they mention they have depression. About the suicide? Yeah, any fucking faggot can make up a story about how they were going to kill themselves with a shotgun but the safety was on and mummy came in to save the day.

>Men don't do this annoying garbage as much.

Actually they do and they're on Reddit.
>>
File: 1447364952791.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447364952791.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>25580395
Psychiatrists and the pharmaceutical companies are the meme homie. Mental illness is real. The DSM was made so that anybody walking in the door can be diagnosed with something before walking out with meds that are very expensive. Its genius, "lets take people who are mentally healthy and give them a diagnosis and say that their problems will go away if they just take a pill".

As for the normies who brag about "muh meme social anxiety" we are in an age where nobody develops an identity and its really easy to be "depressed". "I am a 22 y/o with depression" is an actual identity now.

The actual mental illness depression can be seen on a brain scan along with addiction and anxiety, etc.

All of the personality disorders are a meme. You cannot see behavior on a brain scan. What you can do is tell them to stop what they are doing and try something different if they are unhappy.
>>
>>25580395
If the mental health professionals start scrutinizing every patient that comes in to see if they're "really sick" then they'll turn away a lot of people who actually need help.

The system has major flaws but "mental illness is a meme" is the worst meme of the century.
>>
>>25580533

They crave attention and they have an innate need to be cared for. They feed off people's sympathy, and since mental illnesses still aren't fully understood and are such a nebulous concept it's basiclaly a free ticket for a shoulder to cry on
>>
>>25581776
>The system has major flaws but "mental illness is a meme" is the worst meme of the century.

this

I hate that serious, life-ruining issues are being trivialized just because some dumb cunts can't comprehend the idea of a debilitating problem that you can't plainly see.
>>
>>25581877

The worst part is if you call them out on their bullshit it just legitimizes their fake plight even more.

I mean I'm not trying to play victim olympics here because that's equally stupid, but someone calling taking 20 Tylenol a "suicide attempt" is hilariously offensive to someone who actually has suicidal tendencies.
>>
anger issues one of the worst things desu, nobody has sympathy for it, I once broke my hand from punching a brick wall and my mum was just like "you deserve it" and didnt even take me to hospital for the first 20 mins.
and im really worried that if I ever did get a gf I'd end up punching her.
>>
File: ughghghghg.jpg (30KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
ughghghghg.jpg
30KB, 493x335px
>>25581877
>you can't plainly see

you cant see diabetes

let the idiots think what they want.
>i cant see it therefore its not real
lol electricity am i right
>>
>>25581983

You did deserve it you fucking idiot
>>
>>25581982
If that's 20 500mg tylenol, then that's a real suicide attempt. If it's 250mg tabs then not really.
>>
>>25582039
that's why it is one of the worst things because normies like you think if you just breath 5 times it all goes away.
>>
>>25581983

Most people don't have sympathy for it because its one of the few mental illnesses that directly affect the people around you and not just you.

But telling someone with legitimate anger issues to "just calm down" is like telling a depressed person to "just be happy".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.