[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your thoughts on nicotine/tobacco? Does taking it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: hand-blended-tobacco.jpg (149KB, 756x599px) Image search: [Google]
hand-blended-tobacco.jpg
149KB, 756x599px
What's your thoughts on nicotine/tobacco? Does taking it make you better at social interactions like ecstasy or alcohol?
>>
>>25570559
No.
Smoker here.
OP, don't do it.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (73KB, 692x414px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
73KB, 692x414px
>>25570559
>I smoke tobacco
>>
It only makes you better at social interaction because like booze it's an accepted social activity for people who do indulge in it. At work when you take smoke breaks it can help with social interactions because you can just stand there like an autist and still look like you're part of the scenery since you're supposedly enjoying a smoke outside the building.

It's potentially a gateway to normieland.
>>
Smoking doesn't make social interactions easier but it gives you more opportunities. Also, it helps with anxiety. It's a big difference standing awkwardly and doing nothing than chilling and smoking a cigarette.
>>
>>25570653
i can't agree more.
long time smoker here. it has been almost 7 years since i've started smoking. and i smoke like pack a day.
it doesnt make anything easier but really helps with anxiety and depression. whenever i feel somewhat depressed i just go ahead and light another one. it gives me brief relief when i light it on.
>>
File: 1386969970177.jpg (66KB, 494x481px) Image search: [Google]
1386969970177.jpg
66KB, 494x481px
>>25570653
>>25570741
>smoking improves my life
>>
>>25570647
>>25570653
These guys are right, OP. Wherever you go, there will be an exclusive club already there waiting for you.
That doesn't mean it's a good club. Women in their 30's will look in their 50's. You will constantly be hocking loogies. Not to mention all the health risks associated.
>>
>>25570811
Having a "club" is always good anyways. People who are not part of it will see you have a group of people you have something in common with and that's better than being alone. If you suck at initiating social interaction, cigarettes are a useful tool.
>>
>2016
>not vaping

BETAS
>>
File: 1386970093929.jpg (24KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1386970093929.jpg
24KB, 333x333px
>>25570980
>I vape in 2016
>>
Smoking causes a lot of anxiety. Don't do it. I vape now. It's better but still has nicotine. I use low nicotine levels so I don't get the buzz or the headaches so much. Hopefully I'll be off this too eventually.
>>
File: 1449888226411.jpg (82KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
1449888226411.jpg
82KB, 570x489px
>>25571003
>I smoke in 2016
>>
>>25570980
>sucking cyborg dildo
>not gay as fuck
>>
>>25570804
i didnt say it improves anything but it really helps with some significant issues. as a matter of fact i know that it is extremely unhealthy and gonna get me killed someday. but you know what we all do some unhealthy stuff in our lives some like fries other like drugs. smoking is the way i cope with life and i am not complaining about it.
>>
>>25571018
>smoking causes anxiety
top fucking kek. your retarded ass would suffer anxiety with and without tobacco, retard.
>>
If you smoke in 2016 you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1384518515294.png (158KB, 334x367px) Image search: [Google]
1384518515294.png
158KB, 334x367px
>>25571021
>I think vaping is different than smoking in any way
>>
You're going to learn the hard way most addictions are way more trouble than they're worth.

Just like with opiates or benzos or whatever, you're going to require more and larger doses in order to counter the diminishing returns the substance provides. Pretty soon you'll be smoking a pack a day and you'll be spending nearly $2000 annually you could have put towards something else to maintain the habit.
>>
>>25571144

Not true necessarily. You can buy packs of cigarellos for $2 per. And most of the addiction of cigs I think is just the ritual of ait all. I was able to quit relatively easily recently and did so years ago as well. Now, I will probably buy a pack in the near future every now and then and smoke it down within a day or two and then not buy another pack.

I don't think you can even begin to compare this with benzos or SSRIs even though I've heard some figurehead in the DEA say nicotine is more addictive than heroin I honestly don't buy it.
>>
>>25571143
that's retarded, they're not the same at all, you're just being a contrarian
>>
File: killme.jpg (6KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
6KB, 252x200px
>>25570559
there are worse things out there
if you're able to control your impulses and can limit yourself such that you don't become dependent on it, nicotine is a decent (but mild) chemical for relieving anxiety.
however most people cannot control themselves and become dependent, I suppose if you're truly desperate to relieve anxiety and don't want to see a psychiatrist to get benzos, it is a good way to do so.

It may not earn you points in any sort of social engagements, though this is heavily dependent on who you're trying to interact with.

just be careful and know what you really want
>>
>>25571321
>I don't think you can even begin to compare this with benzos or SSRIs even though I've heard some figurehead in the DEA say nicotine is more addictive than heroin I honestly don't buy it.

While the DEA is almost always full of shit that statement is not completely wrong. Depending on the person some shit grabs people harder than others, there is no 1-10 addiction rating that applies to every single individual ever.
>>
My opinion about smoking varies from time to time. When i'm studying, it relieves stress and after a smoke break I can think more clearly, but it reduces motivation to excercise, because I know my breathing gets harder.

I've had about month's break now and then, but usually when I'm drinking with friends who smoke, i start again.

Now I started getting back in shape for running, and I want to break my records, so smoking won't do anymore.

Because nicotine helps me to concentrate, I'm not going to quit completely, just continue using gum.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.