[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My heart is beating retarded and I feel like I'm dying.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: arterial fibrilation.jpg (135KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
arterial fibrilation.jpg
135KB, 700x393px
My heart is beating retarded and I feel like I'm dying. I looked on the internet and it's called 'artial fibrillation'. Basically normally my heart is like

>boom boom boom boom boom etc

but right now and for the past 3 hours it's been going unpredicatable and not beating like stopping I feel like I'm going to die and it's never going to beat again, not exageratting it's running at about 50 beats like this

>boom boom booom _______boom___________boombooombooombooom__________boom booom booom booom boom boom boombobombobmbob boom boom boom boom______boom boom boom booom booom_________boom

anyway should I go to the hospital or is this common or what?

I'd just go but I live in the 'freesest' nation on earth and it will cost me thousands

only thing I can think of that's causing it is I'm coming off opiates at the moment but this isn't the first time it's happened and it's happened before without ever even taken opiates

I don't want to go into thousands of debt for nothing but I don't want to die either

I already take 360mg of propanalol because I had some heart issues before (minor heart attack) and did all these tests and shit, mri's went into so much debt but they were like basically we have no idea what happenedd you damaged the tissue in your heart but we don't know what caused it, and your heart looks normal just a murmur which isn't serious. was in hospital for like a week and they said basically we don't know

anyway should I go? I'll definitely go if it stays the same until tomorrow but should I go now? last time I went they were useless and it costs me thousands and now I take this stupid med (propanalol) that doesn't do shit it just burns my stomach

>hurr durr go to hospital I can imagine some responses, but like I said I went last time and basically went into 12k debt for nothing.
>>
I have those all the time. Don't know the reason. Never have been diagnosed with any heart disease.

Is it like when your heart stops for a while and suddenly it makes this one huge beat and after that couple quick ones?
>>
>>25570348
>360mg of propranolol

damn, son. i'm taking 120-160 mg a day and I thought that was a high dose.
>>
>>25570496
meant to quote OP.
>>
Cardiac arrhythmia. It can range from "only detectable via expensive equipment" through "just unpleasant", "dangerous" up to "cardiac arrest".

I've been to a doctor with mine and he told me basically to ignore mine unless it bothers me. But extending this diagnosis to yourself would be stupid.

OTOH you've already been to a doctor and they didn't put you in hospital immediately, so it's probably between "unpleasant" and "maybe a bit dangerous".

I wouldn't go, but I'm an antisocial fuck.

Sorry for this incoherent rant.
>>
>>25570279
You could be having a panic attack. I had something very similar happen to me once.

My heart started to beat all fucking weird for several days, and I was freaking the fuck out. I was constantly researching all of the possible causes, which only made me more worried and made my heart beat even worse. I was fucking terrified that something was wrong with me, and I was just about to walk out the door and go to the hospital when a relative called me, told me I might be having a panic attack of some sort (which I didn't even remotely consider, especially seeing as it had been going on for days) and talked me down.

Again, I didn't even consider it, since I've always had the mental image that a panic attack was a spontaneous burst of someone breaking down and flipping their shit, but I guess you can just as well end up in a self-reinforcing cycle (worried you're having health issues, perceived health issues worsen, worry even more). You convince yourself that something is seriously wrong with you. Then, you start worrying that you need to go to the hospital, and you're anxious over that, which worries you even more and just makes shit worse and worse. Do you drink a lot of coffee or otherwise have a lot of caffeine? In my case, I think consuming a shitload of coffee caused me to have heart palpitations, and from there it just got worse.

At any rate, I would recommend taking a cold shower, have a warm drink, and just trying to relax and take your mind off of it. Researching health problems and trying to self diagnose is a terrible thing to do, and it'll just cause you to be more anxious and exasperate your problem.

I wouldn't go to the hospital. If these problems persist for a significant period of time, yes, consider seeing a doctor, but for the time being, see if it's just a case of you being overly anxious.
>>
>>25570348
>Is it like when your heart stops for a while and suddenly it makes this one huge beat and after that couple quick ones?

yeah a little bit

how long does yours go on for? it's like boom boom boom *pause* boomboomb *pause* bubomb bubomb bubomb *pasue*, and this is at 25 beats every 30 seconds/50 beats a minute wich is fucking slow for me normally I'm at 90-110 at rest

I think I'll just stay home if it doesn't go awy by tommorow I'll go to hospital, but this has happened to me in the past and I didn't die or anything so I'll just wait

it's just frightening because I also have a lot of anxiety/have tonnes of panic attacks and shit so I think maybe I'm having a panic attack" but I'm not because I don't feel terrified or anything and I'm not choking I think it's a legit problem with my heart which makes me even more nervous

anyway I got my mom to pick up some morphine sizzurp and she just brought it home so I'll see if lessning my withdrawals helps my heartbeat

why do you take propanalol? for palpitations?
>>
your heartrate could just be changing

stay calm, anon, go to a doctor if you can afford it. tell them you're having opiate withdrawals too.
>>
>>25570671

>>25570664
Here.

>it's just frightening because I also have a lot of anxiety/have tonnes of panic attacks and shit so I think maybe I'm having a panic attack" but I'm not because I don't feel terrified or anything and I'm not choking I think it's a legit problem with my heart which makes me even more nervous

In this case, I can almost guarantee you're just having a panic attack, man. You can get heart palpitations from all sorts of benign shit (like I had mentioned, for example, consuming too much caffeine), and from there it's easy to begin convincing yourself something is seriously wrong with you, which just makes your heart beat even worse and worse.

I would just push going to the hospital and all of this other shit out of your mind for now. You're more than likely just convincing yourself that your problem is worse than it is.
>>
>>25570671
>why do you take propanalol? for palpitations?

yes and anxiety (same thing really). i used to get "skipping beats" all the time a couple years back. i got to see a cardiologist and they gave me a 30 day holter monitor. I had hundreds of "harmless' PVCs a day. They eventually went away (for the most part; still get them occasionally). I take propran every day since then.

Don't discontinue med if you're having heart troubles.
>>
>>25570640
>OTOH you've already been to a doctor and they didn't put you in hospital immediately

sorry I wasn't clear I haven't been to doctor with this, it was about two years ago I went to the after hours emergency and they took me to the hospital in an ambo, that was I when I had a heart attack. and that was different, it was mostly pain

anyway I've chugged half a bottle of sizzurp so if my heart starts beating more regularly I will not go but if it doesn't I've decided to go because it's freaking me out it feel slike my heart is heart is stopping it's skipping about two beats

so if you put your fingers on your neck and feel
boom boom boom boom boom, my heart is like
boom___________boom boom
and right about____^ here is where I fee huge relief because it feels like my heart has stopped and I don't know when it's going to beat again if ever I feel like I'm right about to die if it doesn't beat

I'm definitely not having a panic attack I couldn't type or anything, my panic attacks are real bad and people call the ambo on me and shit Im not freaking out or anything and I'm weighing up options which I could never while having a panic attack because I can't really speak without choking/hyperventilation/vomiting
>>
>>25570757
this.

tho, im perplexed by how OP thinks he has AF. also, did everyone walk around the elephant in the room? according to him, he had a minor heart attack. the fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 473x500px
>>25570279
Guess you're having a heart time
>>
>>25570797
how and why did you have a heart attack? are you sure it was an MI. It's unusual for anyone under 40~ to get one.
>>
>>25570757
thanks for helping but I know for sure I'm not having a panic attack I wouldn't be able to type I'd be hallucinating and shit

I got actual heart problems like I said I had a heart attack at 19 years old, if that hadn't happen I'd just ignore it but I get nervous/worried now, because I have a genuine reason

palpitations during panic attacks for me are normally high heart rate ~120, massive cheast pain, pins and needles, dizziness

but for this it's just from me feeling my neck vein, and I have this 'knot' in my throat to chest same feeling when you cry/knot in throat

defintiely not in a panic attack

it's probably just morphine withdrawal fucking up my electrolytes which fucks up my heart electricity we'll sow when this morphine kicks in
>>
Go to an urgent care and get an ecg

No way to know if its atrial unless you get one.

Youve had a heart attack so you need to go.
>>
>>25570279
sounds scary anon, try not to cease to exist too quickly.
>>
>>25570892
but why did you have a heart attack at 19? unless you're a heavy drug user or have a heart defect - that's not normal.
>>
>>25570892
Your vein in your neck is bulging?

Go to the er friendo
>>
>>25570892
>I know for sure I'm not having a panic attack I wouldn't be able to type I'd be hallucinating and shit
>palpitations during panic attacks for me are normally high heart rate ~120, massive cheast pain, pins and needles, dizziness
>defintiely not in a panic attack
Well, when I was having my issue I didn't hallucinate or anything. I didn't even have a clue I was having a panic attack until someone told me I probably was, then I calmed down pretty quick. It could be you're just having a mild panic attack. You've already convinced yourself that it isn't a possibility, which is probably just making you more anxious.

>I got actual heart problems like I said I had a heart attack at 19 years old
I can understand your concern more now, but still man, I would try just calming down before rushing to the ER. I can tell you're anxious, and that's definitely not making things any better for you at any rate.

If it was anything serious, you'd probably already be fugged by now desu. If it continues to persist for several days (but even then, my heart palpitations lasted for several days), or you start to feel genuine pain, THEN I would consider going to the ER.
>>
Yes! Thank you for this thread.

Okay op can confirm this is almost certainly anxiety related. I've been suffering heart related fear shit since the start of December.

>took one too many hits from the bong
>got lata boled
>convinced myself I was having heart attack
>mfw mild chest pain/fasciculations/headaches resulting in anxiety ever since

I've still been getting scary symptoms but I've spent most of my valuable fucking summer researching this shit and (I also have a history of anxiety) am almost definite you like me are suffering from paranoia.

PS a heart attack is not strong palpations. Generally an attack is so painful it will make you double over and collapse
>>
>>25570873
yeah dude I've got the paperwork in front of me I was in hospital for like 10 days after being taken to the emergency room

they did all these tests and shit went in an mri stayed on the ecg thing the whole time did this one test that made me feel like I pissed myself, constant blood/enyme thyroid tests etc bla bla

doctors were like yeah we found damage on front left part of the heart they basically we said we don't know what caused it

which explains it because I woke up in extreme fucking chest pain and I could hardly walk got my friend to drive me tried to walk in but basically fell to the ground and then they put me in an ambo and rushed me to the emergency, my vision was all fucked up I totally thought I was gonna die

some doctor was like maybe a virus got into your heart because I was sick at the time but the other doctors said they didn't agree

they did a full drug test on me because they thought maybe drug overdose, but all they found was cannabis and benzos
>>
>>25571163
do you do IV drugs? share any needles etc? i would suspect endocarditis too.
>>
OP here my mom just booked an appointment a my normal doctor/clinic to go do an ecg and then he'll decide if go to the hospital or not, should only be like 150 thanks for your help guize my guess is it's just opiate withdrawal (it's day 7 of coming off 250-400mg morphine a day) fucking with like the salts and shit in my body which is fucking with my heart electricity, like aside from this heart shit I feel like death as it is fuckin opiate withdrawal lol

fingers crossed I'm not dying
>>
>>25571198
I've shot drugs maybe 4 times
>>
>>25570671
Your heart beats exactly like mine. It just goes for a small pause and then *BOOMBOOM*. I can even see my chest jump a little when it does that. I have no idea how long do they last. They usually start when I'm really sleepy and I doze off at some point. They feel funny but I have never been scared of that crap. Should I be tough?
>>
>>25571298
opiates aren't particularly known for screwing up electrolytes.. why are you doing morphine anyway?
>>
>>25571397
depends how long your pauses are. this is op my pauses are around the length of two normal heart beats which freaks me out

if they're just small pauses like half a heartbeat I wouldn't worry i think that's normal. for my normal heart beat it speeds up while inhaling and then slows as the exhale but only a small amount I don't think normal heart beats are supposed to be perfectly regular

like my heart beat as exhale is boom boom boom and then inhale it's like boomboom boom but it's not a big difference

I'm worried now because the gap feels like a fucking lifetime

it's up to you to be worried if it's normal and you're fine I wouldn't worry I mean you're still alive and it's not hurting or anything so I don't see why there should be a problem

I'm going now wish me luck
>>
>>25571399
he thought he was an elite hacker trying to cause a social revolution
>>
>>25571399
Not him but the classic opiate withdrawal often involves vomiting and diahreah (sp?) which will dehydrate you and he's on quite high dose so it's possible!
>>
>>25571608
diarrhea :)
is how it's spelled
>>
File: aXm2966xjU.jpg (57KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm2966xjU.jpg
57KB, 650x650px
>400mg morphine
>360mg propanalol

found your problem dude... howtf you even still alive?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.