[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a pretentious person? if no sure you were. When, why,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cb.jpg (25KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
25KB, 300x400px
Are you a pretentious person?

if no sure you were.

When, why, and how you stopped?

What changes you noticed when you stopped being pretentious?
>>
I uuhhhhhhh yea. I guess, I don't really care either way, but here's a (You) >>25563448
>>
I don't talk to anyone in real life, I don't leave my house.

Is shitposting pretentious?
>>
>>25563448
what do you mean by pretentious?
>>
>>25563448
I fucking hate pretentious people
>>
>>25563513
haters gonna hate xD
>>
>>25563493
Shitposting is genuine

>>25563504
"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

>>25563513
I just hate being one of them
>>
>>25563448

Yes but that's just because I'm bad at emotional expression so when I try it just comes of as histrionic. Oh, woe is me.
>>
Nope, never have been. I've always been a very down to earth person.
>>
>>25563580
Including your teen years? I don't think that's possible...
>>
In my first year of college I tried being pretentious in order to fit in with everyone else. I pretended to be interested in philosophy, politics, and so on. I wrote papers about "The Other" and used words like tautology and teleological.

I couldn't do it. It felt completely fake and disingenuous and retarded. I don't know how people can actually carry themselves like this, it takes a hell of an inflated ego and total lack of self awareness.

These are the same people who speak slowly and emphasize their words like a speech in a movie because they honestly believe that what they're saying is important and that it's an honor to even listen to their wisdom. Fucking cunts.

Now I'm in my second year of college and I'm failing and I'm going to kill myself soon. I don't know what I was expecting, honestly.
>>
I realized a lot of my issues stemmed from me just being a condescending, cynical person. I just made it an effort to tell myself to stop being an asshole and that I'm not better than others. I then forced myself into small social situations and it was painfully awkward at times.

I got a gf within a few months and for the past year or so I'm the happiest I've ever been.
>>
>>25563607
I don't really feel like I was alive during my teen years. I was just completely clueless about pretty much everything. I was ostracized everywhere ever since first grade and just spent my time working through existentialism until I found an acceptable reason to live.
>>
>>25563617
I was you for two years on college too...

It improved my game to be honest, used to include French words a lot (2nd language in my country) and speak about shit I have no interest in, and try to act cool... it was just retarded...

>>25563621
Good for you anon
>>
Yes, I have to be pretentious because the real me is so unlikable.
>>
>>25563740
So your imaginary character living life on behalf of you... nice...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.