[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHESS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I really love chess.

Ask me anything.
>>
Which presidential candidate do you think has the most robust plan for dealing with Iran.
>>
Why did I stop playing chess come around Highschool?

Why didn't I stick with it and become really good from childhood?

>tfw barely remember openers anymore

Also, what do you think of Go?

I think it might be a better game but I'm not sure if I've played either thoroughly enough to have a worthwhile opinion.
>>
I just started playing chess. What's your favorite openings/defenses?
>>
Have you played any other varients of chess? Like Chinese or Japanese chess?
>>
What's wrong with the ruy Lopez? Also, I seem to lose a high percentage of games when I play the French defense, but win many more when I just wing it as black.
>>
How do I become better with my pawn play?

captcha: roaaste confirmed
>>
>>25557110
Go is intriguing but I don't want to devote that much time to learning a new strategy game. Same reason I never got into Starcraft. Learning curves intimidate me. I just knew how to play chess from a young age. You should play dude.

>>25557116
As white:
Against weaker players: e4 (usually kings gambit)
Against players my rating: d4 (queens gambit)
Against strong players: c4 (botvinnik english)

As black: e6 against both e4 and d4 cause I love the French and nimzo type lines. I don't see c4 much around my rating but I usually play conservatively like e6 d6 b6 with plans to fianchetto with Bb7 and hit the center eventually with c5.
>>
>>25557212
Nope!

>>25557314
I personally don't like trading off my light square bishop as white since I'm an aggressive player and I don't think the positional weaknesses you create for black like the doubled c pawns are all that dreadful for black desu. Theory disagrees but we aren't grandmasters are we? Also you should just watch more videos on the French or something. It's really an easy opening since the ideas are obvious (target d4) and strict adherence to theory isn't critical. Are you thinking more about theory or the "ideas" behind your openings? The latter is more important in the French IMO

>>25557332
This took me awhile to develop. you want to initiate breaks that benefit you after the dust is settled. Maybe something like your knight being centralized after a trade off. What it came down to for me was more long term thinking (keeping target squares in mind) and calculating more moves ahead. Both require playing lots of chess!
>>
>>25557488
Well if you like standard European chess then I think you'll really like Chinese chess. The pieces move similarly to the pieces in euro (rook (cart) moves exactly the same) and with 2 new imteresting pieces. The rules are basically the same with a few interesting changes that are easy to grasp
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.