[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt: childhood goals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (61KB, 1023x517px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 1023x517px
What did everyone want to do when they grew up? I always wanted to be an anime watching action figure collecting neet that lived in a small apartment. Now that I'm an adult and work full time and take night classes to be an electrician i can't help but feel like i let myself down.
>>
File: space-shuttle-columbia.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
space-shuttle-columbia.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
I wanted to fly the Space Shuttle.

I legit cried when Columbia burned up over Texas because deep down I knew that it spelled the end of the Shuttle program forever.
>>
>>25549453
The shuttle was a big piece of shit. The perfect example of a piece of junk designed by committee.

Originally NASA just wanted a re-usable man-rated launch vehicle. Then the air force decided it needed a huge cargo bay and robotic arm so it could literally grab Soviet satellites and bring them back. Then NASA decided it also needed insane cross-range capability, so the vehicle had to also be able to glide and turn like an aircraft.

It ended up doing none of those things. The only re-usable parts were the crew areas and the robotic arm. The engines all had to be replaced constantly. The solid rocket boosters and big orange tank had to be replaced after every flight. It never did use that arm to steal Soviet satellites, because it's completely fucking stupid. And out of only 135 missions, the shuttle blew up twice. That's a 1/68 failure rate. That's HORRIBLE.

People always act like the Soviets had no concern for human life when it came to their space program. They lost 5 cosmonauts in their entire space program. We lost 14 on the shuttles alone.
>>
>>25549675

>They lost 5 cosmonauts in their entire space program. We lost 14 on the shuttles alone.

Not including training accidents and testing accidents, both programs had the same amount of catastrophic failures. Two.

The difference is that Soyuz 1 had a single person crew, and Soyuz 11 had a three person crew. The Challenger and Columbia both had seven person crews.

Also the point of this thread isn't to argue about if the shuttle program was good or not, it's about childhood goals.

I thought they were fucking cool and wanted to fly one. Them being huge pieces of shit didn't matter to me when I was fucking 7 years old and got to see one take off for the first time.
>>
>>25549872
Your childhood goal was shitty, and you were a shitty child for having it. Probably still are shitty desu senpai.
>>
>>25549226
>tfw didn't have a dream job as a kid
>figured i'd just do computer programming because it was easy for me
>get a job making websites upon graduating at 21yo
>hate life
>>
>>25549872
>building your life around the desires of a seven year old
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.