[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people feel a desire to tell others about things that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1451436926632.jpg (478KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1451436926632.jpg
478KB, 1152x1600px
Why do people feel a desire to tell others about things that they have done? In particular, marathoning (or "binge watching)" tv shows?

Last semester, an acquaintance of mine sitting next to me in class pulled out his laptop and
>dude, i made a mistake
>he clicks open his netflix tab
>i signed up for netflix
>he turns his head away from the screen and flashes me a grin
>he turns back and continues
>i watched the entire season of X, 10 episodes of Y at once, and I...
>he goes on and on
>"ok"

Why did he feel the urge to tell me this? This isn't an isolated case, either-in fact quite the opposite. I hear "binge-watching" on campus ALL THE TIME.

Why can't you just watch something and just watch it? Where does the desire to tell people about these things matter? Is binge watching an accomplishment? How is staring at a screen for 6 hours an accomplishment?

Does telling someone else confirm in your mind that it really happened?

What is going on here? If you really liked the show you'd just watch it and then ravenously proceed to the next show and so on.

Is everyone playing a game of "one-upmanship" in the form of watching television and movies now?
>>
>consuming toxic paste
>>
>>25544307
Have you read one of those magazines catered to middle-aged women? This is standard fare for that shit.
>>
>>25544264
>high school ex gf sitting next to random guy in one of her classes
>randomly turns to him and says "I got The Hangover 2 on DVD yesterday."
>"Cool."
>conversation ends
>she never even talked to this guy before or after

She was really weird. And no, she wasn't trying to be funny or LOLSORANDUM, she's really just borderline retarded.
>>
>>25544264
Probably because people like to talk about the shows they watch. He probably told you that to see if you watched the same thing, and if so, it would be the start of a conversation centered around that show.
>>
Maybe he was trying to start a conversation about TV shows you autistic faggot.
>>
telling someone about something you've done is a great way to discover that you have common interests with them and potentially begin an interesting conversation or friendship.
>>
>be such a lazy piece of shit that you'd rather serve your houseguests frozen toothpaste than hardboil some fucking eggs and sprinkle some spices on them

women are so goddamn vile
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.