[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm an atheist Do people not realize that atheism requires

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Trypo.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trypo.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
>I'm an atheist

Do people not realize that atheism requires just as much faith as deism?

Agnosticism is truly the only way to go.
>>
>>25542867
what in the fuck are you supposed to do while that shit heals?
>>
>>25542894
wear a hat nigger
>>
>>25542894
Wear a hat.

That looks fucked up or infected though, it's not usually Iike that.
>>
>>25542867
>he thinks atheists believe that there is no god

There's a different between not believing in a god and believing there is no god.
>>
>>25542894

Pray you didn't get someones pubes?
>>
>>25542934
?

They pull hair from the back of the head. Your scalp wouldn't even accept anyone else's hair.
>>
>>25542867
>>25542930

Also, agnosticism is contained within the scope of atheism.

So an agnostic is an atheist. But not all atheists are agnostic.
>>
>>25542930
Being an atheist means you don't believe in the existence of gods or supernatural beings.

That requires a leap of faith due to lack of universal knowledge, the same way deists try to claim there is a god
>>
>>25542912
to work?
>>25542917
do they usually do that much at once?
>>25542934
they take it from your own head dumbass
>>
File: 1415223423237.jpg (122KB, 484x461px) Image search: [Google]
1415223423237.jpg
122KB, 484x461px
>>25542867
>hows the pic relevant?

Agnosticism is a epistemological disposition.
For example, I'm an agnostic atheist towards Odin. I just say I'm atheist towards the Asgard faith.
99.999% of all atheists are agnostic atheists, we just say atheist since it's more convenient.
Thinking you're better because you choose to be agnostic, when it's we're all predisposed agnostic monkeys on a grain in the void.
>You're agnostic so as to not disturb the senpai at thanks giving.
>>
>>25542969
>But not all atheists are agnostic.
Right, and that's what I made this thread for. There is no reason to be atheist over Agnostic unless you're willing to make the same claims as deists

>>25542993
>we just say atheist since it's more convenient.

Except that's not how words work, you door (I used door instead of dingus because it's more convenient)
>>
>>25542973
Wow, are you 15?

>There's a difference between not believing in a god and believing there is no god.
>>
>>25543016
You don't know what atheist actually means. Go back to Reddit dumbshit.
>>
>>25543021
>>There's a difference between not believing in a god and believing there is no god.
Atheists believe there is no god. They take a solid stance that there is not, and cannot be a god.

Agnostics take the stance that they don't know or can't know whether one exists.

>>25543046
>reddit
Why is it always the only people ever mentioning reddit on this site are the ones telling people to go back to it? Why does your type have reddit on the brain so much?
>>
>>25543081
>Atheists believe there is no god. They take a solid stance that there is not, and cannot be a god.

This is proof that you are retarded and uninformed.

I'm leaving this thread because arguing about god is something most people get bored of once they finish high school.
>>
>>25543117
So the fact that you were here in the first place means you're in high school?

kek
>"Not when I do it though!"
>>
>>25542867
There is a huge difference between having faith in yourself and others and having faith in an all powerful invisible being.
>>
I realize many ignorant people think agnosticism says "we don't/can't know if there's a god". In fact agnosticism says, saying "there's a god" or "there's no god" is meaningless because "god" doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "unicorns shit icecreams". It's not right or wrong, just meaningless.
>>
>>25542867
>faith
you fucking retard atheism is LITERALLY the complete lack of faith
>>
>>25543081
Atheist is not making the claim that there is no God. It's disbelieving in the Theist claim that there is one.

For example, imagine I told you that there was unicorn orbiting Neptune. I have no proof of this, but I tell you it is so.

Disbelieving me does not mean you are skipping any logic. It means you're asking 'Where's the evidence?' and refusing to believe in the unicorn until it has been proven.
>>
The idea of god existing literally never crosses my mind but i really like to look at religion from a cultural and aesthetic perspective, like when you travel to asia and you look at all their temples.

i have the utmost respect for the social mechanism of religion.
>>
>>25543117
>Atheists believe there is no god. They take a solid stance that there is not, and cannot be a god.

You're totally wrong, go look into the definition of the word atheist. All that you can assume when someone says that they are an atheist is that they do not believe in a god. It doesn't mean they're 100% positive. Atheism and agnosticism do not contradict each other, it's usually just a matter of semantics or, as in your case, a misunderstanding of the terms.
>>
>>25543827
>>25543858
this

also i can assure you that most agnostics /atheists thing than there's no God (as in the bible) or there is one (that he really didn't text us some book) but he's an asshole
>>
>>25542867
wtf is that picture
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.