[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I start SSRIs tomorrow morning and I'm pretty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 128564516.jpg (56KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
128564516.jpg
56KB, 480x320px
Hey /r9k/ I start SSRIs tomorrow morning and I'm pretty fuckin nervous about it since I hear the first couple weeks can be hell. I'm just wondering if any of you have had to go through this and what to expect as well as how to deal with it?
>>
They removed all of the emotional coloring from my life, 'woke up' my underlying anxiety, and made me truely suicidal. Have fun
>>
I take SSRIs. They aren't always fun, but life is so much better with them than without them.
>>
>>25534540
the numbed my emotions (which is as bad as it is good, less sadness is nothing when fleeting moments of happiness are rarer too), made me sleepy for the first week or so, and made me a little angrier (though that may have been underlying and just suppressed by anxiety) but they weren't that dramatic.

i don't like em, but i keep taking them because i have nothing to lose. they suck but they're not as bad as i was told.
>>
>Antidepressants are supposed to work by fixing a chemical imbalance, specifically, a lack of serotonin in the brain. Indeed, their supposed effectiveness is the primary evidence for the chemical imbalance theory. But analyses of the published data and the unpublished data that were hidden by drug companies reveals that most (if not all) of the benefits are due to the placebo effect. Some antidepressants increase serotonin levels, some decrease it, and some have no effect at all on serotonin. Nevertheless, they all show the same therapeutic benefit. Even the small statistical difference between antidepressants and placebos may be an enhanced placebo effect, due to the fact that most patients and doctors in clinical trials successfully break blind. The serotonin theory is as close as any theory in the history of science to having been proved wrong. Instead of curing depression, popular antidepressants may induce a biological vulnerability making people more likely to become depressed in the future.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/
>>
>>25535307
Oh I totally forgot that they introduced uncontrollable anger and OCD into my life. OP don't be a fuckin' retard and avoid these money making pills. Eat well, get exercise and go outside
>>
>>25535471
>Eat well, get exercise and go outside

Because that will have the same profound yet subtle effect of SSRIs obviously.
>>
Takes a few weeks to start feeling them.

What was weird was they made me much angrier, at least outwardly so. Also I started having nightmares that were so bad I would wake up screaming. And it would ruin my day. I lost a huge chunk of my motivation and failed 2 of my 5 classes last semester. I had so little sex drive I didn't even masturbate, and orgasam was extremely difficult to get and weak.

So I quit. I'd rather randomly burst into treats in public and sperg our over minute shit than have no orgasams and be plagued by fucking PTSD nightmares.

Good luck though.
>>
>>25535506

SSRIs didn't do it for me, hot yoga, diet, and meditation really helped make the change.

So yeah.
>>
prozac and effexor had positive effects for me. cipralex did literally nothing. To all the people bitching in the comments here theyre just huge massive fucking pussies LOL. SSRI's are soft and so god dam subtle. this one might not be the right one for you either. good luck, and dont be like the bitches here.
>>
Ssris made me feel so sketchy like I was on mdma had to discontinue hopefully they work for you anon
>>
>>25534540

Stay away SSRI.
>>
I've heard that some people have good results with them but when I used Paxil myself it did pretty much nothing for my social anxiety, gave me suicidal thoughts. Although it did stop my OCD from spiraling out of control it made me feel like a zombie most of the time. I had zero sex drive and wasn't able to reach orgasm at all. Coming off them was also awful, I felt like complete shit and had constant brain zaps for two weeks.
>>
Even small doses of truffles are better for most people. You really start to think while on them. Like swallowing a shrink that has access to your memories and experiences.
>>
>>25534540
>tfw on like 10 different pills to live but had to google ssri
i wish i was just mentally ill instead of physically ill

anyway, i used to be on anti-depressants but stopped because they just made me numb and suicidal. good luck
>>
>>25535506
different anon, but pills also made me suicidal and feel like shit in general, but 1-2 hours of daily cardio opened my life up and gave me energy to start exploring my hobbies and etc

if you're too lazy to do it that's another story though
>>
File: sofadog.png (122KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
sofadog.png
122KB, 262x262px
>>25534540
Been off and on Sertraline and Citalopram many times (Citalopram better for me):

Day 1 - wtf I feel shit wtf is this feeling? arggg ill never get better
Day 2 - hmm this <insert thing that really bothers you> seems okish now
Day 3 - Did I really used to be bothered about <insert thing> ?
Day 4 - Should I really feel this comfortable? It feels a bit fake.
Day 5 - Why didn't I cry at my Dad's funeral? I am heartless but don't care.
Day 6 onwards - well I can finally get stuff done but stuff seems a lot less interesting now

It takes about 6 days for it to 'peak' into a 'sready state' and 5 days for Sertraline. If after a week it really isn't helping you then try something else. Prozac is almost a month to peak by the way so give that one a month.

From my experience:
Sertraline - high as a kite, insomnia, strong anxiety reduction
Citalopram - no energy level changes with strong anxiety reduction
Prozac - likely similar to Sertraline but more smooth
>>
>>25534540
Hot advice

DO NOT start with SSRIs.

Get Wellbutrin or Mirtazapine. OR, if you think you have ADD, get Ritalin or Adderall.

Throw them out and pretend they didn't work or something. There's no use risking permanent sexual dysfunction or bipolar disorder.
>>
>>25539924
Huh? The libido and sex side effects aren't permanent. And ssri don't cause bipolar dude.
>>
they are no better than a placebo. get on the good stuff that's been shown to work if you really need them.
>>
>>25540322
yeah they are, my dick hasn't worked the same and it's been four years since I was last on an SSRI.
>>
SSRI/SNRI are emotional neutralizers that will make you mildly retarded. They flatline emotion, perception, enjoyment, and memory of anything you like in life. They are truly the pharmaceutical jew, doctors and the companies that make the shit don't care about how fucked up you will get any more than the Chinese who manufacture shit like MDPV/APVP/AM2201 care what happens to their users. Here are some side effects I ended up with:

1. Constant dry mouth.
2. Occasional nausea.
3. Manic or impulsive behavior.
4. Mood swings.
5. Sexual dsyfunction.
6. Loss of motivation.
7. Withdrawal gets bad even with a taper, brain zaps, strong nausea, extreme mood swings, outbursts of rage and despair, etc.

Source:
Experience with Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Mirtazepine, and Buspar.

>>25536020
Don't listen to this retard, he literally does not know what the fuck he is talking about.
>>
File: 1444013645663.jpg (27KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1444013645663.jpg
27KB, 670x503px
>>25534540
I'd recommend avoiding SSRI's

their effectiveness is clinically insignificant at best, and can have a host of horrible side effects.

there are plenty of better drugs for depression, legal ones even. Look into nootropics, some of them are effective for depression symptoms. some illegal drugs are also shown to be effective for depression, most notably ketamine and related drugs (NMDA antagonists). also, dopamine releasing agents/reuptake inhibitors are great for depression (besides the issues of dependence, neurotoxicity and tolerance)
>>
>>25534540

the first weeks off them is more of a hell desu. Wretched withdrawals
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.