[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with rents

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

File: 1440729870708.png (396KB, 940x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1440729870708.png
396KB, 940x1164px
Anybody else here 25+ living with parents?
Any greentext stories welcome.

Abybody else sick of getting treated like a child still?
>>
Me and gf are living with my mom. It's alright, not having privacy kind of sucks though and has led to some awkward times.
>>
>>25530949
Do you ever have sex while she's home?
>>
>>25530949
I did this but I wasn't 25 I was 24. It sucked I guess. Nothing else to add rly and we broke up, but after we had moved out. Lived there for about a year.
>>
>>25530965
Yes but we try to keep it on the down low. She's caught us before or known and interrupted us. Like bringing us something to eat/drink while we were going at it.
>>
>>25531012
Damn my mom would probably do some shit like that. My dad tho. Thats a different story
>>
>>25530931
>25+ and living with parents
>an adult

pick one
>>
>>25530931
>28
>Got worthless ba a few years ago and can't find half decent job
>Got my certs to teach English overseas, but don't really want to - besides I would mostly likely end up back home in a couple of years anyway
>Stuck at home and working a near min wage part time job
>Mom tells me when to go to bed
>I often have to go to bed early because of my job anyway
>Usually she makes loud noises and moving things right after I go to bed
>Mom angry when i eat or buy junk food even though she never makes me meals anymore.
>Mother bitches about rent even though I pay for everything I use except utilities. I live a no-frills, no fun life and still am only to save about $3k-$4k a year because I have such a low paying job.
>>
>>25530931
>Living with rents

Only yankees say that shit.
>>
>>25531240
Where the fuck do you work, the swap meet?. You need to get a 2nd job and move out mons still telling u bedtime fuck that I'd rather live out my car
>>
>>25531271
What's the difference fuckboy?
>>
>>25530931
I would contribute, but I'm 22 not 25+ like you wanted so excuse me
>>
21, can't get a job because of anxiety (also depression but i could work if it was just that) living with dad who works lots of unpaid overtime because he is a higher up. when i get kicked out i'm just going to be homeless. tried getting mental health but we have a very shitty mental healthcare system in southern california and they basically kicked me out and told me to go somewhere else, which i can't because i have welfare health insurance and everywhere else that accepts it is full.
>>
>>25531365
Thread is really open to anybody. We're all anonymous here
>>
>>25531365

Me too anon. While I am grateful for not having to pay anything to live with parents, having 0 spending money and -100000 privacy takes it's toll. Leaving for grad school in 6 months though.
>>
I work and go to school, not much more I can do. I also pay for all my shit. Hopefully when I graduate I can finally get a real job and move out but I have my doubts. I'm not some 25 year old neet faggot though, I work hard and i'm 2 classes away from getting my degree..
>>
>>25531317
>get a second job
>already work 30 hours a week and the hours vary

If I got a 2nd job then Id probably end up with like 10-15 at each job and still end up with the same number of total hours worked.

I still wouldnt make enough to live on my own even if I had two crappy 30 hour jobs.
>>
i'm more of a contribution than i am a drain on the house hold. if i wasn't here, she'd still be paying for all these utilities and rent by herself.
by splitting everything with my mom, we both have spending money left over.

if we both lived alone, neither of us would have any spending money, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, mathematically or economically or anything.
>>
>>25531581
Same here 26 already had 2 apartments but fucked shit up both times. Gonna het it right this time. Got a new job, 2 more classes to graduate and I'm hoping to be moved out by August.

Just sick of parents always in my business and my dad getting pissed at me over the smallest shit
>>
I'm 25 and live with my dad, but he's disabled. I can't leave him alone in the house for more than a week, he just can't sustain living alone. He starts turning the place into a wreck. Can't cook for himself or maintain much of anything. No one else in the family helps or cares, so I'm stuck with it.

But I'm also a NEET. That part is my fault.
>>
>>25531589
Im assuming you live in NYC or something. Is cost of living high in your area? A couple months of saving where im at and you could easily manage a decent apartment if not find a solid roommate
>>
>>25531648
Pretty honorable. I see nothing wrong with your situation, my uncle is in his 40s and has always lived with my grandma to help take care of her
>>
>>25531684
What you're doing for your dad is good. You're a good person, most people would dump him in a nursing home
>>
24 here.
I can hear them through the walls always. Blasting reality television through their poorly selected stereo setup, laughing at their own jokes, screaming entire conversations across rooms, and squeeing in glee at inane shit.
Since my mom retired, not a second alone. The rare time she goes out, just as I'm starting to relax, she bursts in the door like some kind of attention crazed elephant and screams out "I'M HOME!"
Who gives a fuck if you're home? Don't you want to relax?
If I don't get a second of peace I won't be able to contain my ree.
>>
>>25531733
Yes, I live in a high cost of living area. Southern California.

I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future - I wouldn't be able to find a similar job somewhere less expensive.
>>
File: rarest pepe.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rarest pepe.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
>>25531902
NEET living at home is god mode if you have your parents under control.

my parents feel guilty about not dealing with my autism when I was younger, so they're basically my slaves now. They just call me for meals and the rest of my time is free.

The normies i knew from highschool are all obese and balding due to stress and overwork, their lives are a pathetic joke.
>>
>>25531902
My parents are kinda the same. They are like 50 but still thibk they're young and in charge. They're memory and logical thinking is starting to go tho
>>
>>25531963
I'm not a neet. I'm a wageslave in the making because my parents are old as hell and I don't want to have to kill myself in as little as two years when they die/move.
Mom still treats me like I'm a burnout, tells me to get a security guard job even though I made the dean's list for STEM. No sympathy for me, just absolute ignorance of everyone around them.
I have co-op next semester so hopefully I make enough to rent my own place.
>>
>>25531012
If your girlfriend keeps interrupting you, why don't you just dump her?
>>
>>25532025
Because she's my gf, can't just dump her for something like that.
>>
>>25531941
That's probably the only reason i like living in the south. Cost of living is dirt cheap, and im not talking trailor home. You can actually rent a 2 bedroom house in an ok neighborhood for not that much
>>
>>25531991
My parents are early 60s. Starting to get into car crashes and stuff. My mom is absolutely batty, she lost her logical thinking in her 40s. Horrible to be around a shell of a person like that.
>>
>>25531804

I appreciate it. I try not to make a big deal of it or complain but a lot of people (roasties mostly) don't get it.
>>
>>25532060
Jesus i don't even want to imagine how my parents will be when they hit 60
>>
>>25532049
>live in bumfuck nowhere, South US
>get single apartment for 400/mos, 500 if you include utilities and internet

Shiiiiet, its kind of nice I have to admit.
>>
>>25532049
What kind of work do you do?
>>
>>25530949
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLZ FUCKING LEAVE
>>
>>25532115
I remember my first apartment 5 years ago was like 325 for a 1 bedroom. Shit was amazing. Prices haven't even went up much. I love it down here. Gonna be even easier now since me and a childhood friend are getting a place together this summer
>>
File: IMG (1).jpg (23KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG (1).jpg
23KB, 500x385px
>Haha, I feel the same silly old bear.

This implies that he is feeling the silly old bear. It's missing a comma.

>Haha, I feel the same, silly old bear.

But even then, "haha" should end with a period and be in a separate sentence.
>>
>>25532159
Warehouse. Some acting on the side. Other little odd jobs as well
>>
File: black-pink-blue-eye.jpg (109KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
black-pink-blue-eye.jpg
109KB, 332x500px
>>25532208
>tfw live in decently sized city
>one bedroom minimum is $700/month
>>
>>25532254
Damn that bitch and that rent is fucked up.
>>
File: za wardo.png (25KB, 79x120px) Image search: [Google]
za wardo.png
25KB, 79x120px
>>25532215
My nigger.
>random text generated
>>
>>25532247
>some acting on the side

Please gtfo normeh. you proably even have a irl gf on the side too.
>>
>>25532215
thanks pat
>>
>>25532208
Where do you live? Juarez?
>>
File: a face chaika gets big.png (469KB, 984x923px) Image search: [Google]
a face chaika gets big.png
469KB, 984x923px
>>25530931
>25+
24 and 8 months.

>living with parents
Yes, but paying rent for it.

>getting treated like a child
What? Everybody's somebody's child until their parents are dead. Do you yearn to be the Batman?
>>
File: 1432558730793.jpg (70KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
1432558730793.jpg
70KB, 550x367px
>>25530931
29 living with mom for 2 years now. in her small house.

she is a nightmare, but it is the price to pay in order not to pay rent nor food.
>>
File: 1430859249160.jpg (59KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1430859249160.jpg
59KB, 499x499px
24 here, I pay rent. My old man won't quit the lifestyle he had before the 2008 crash, I'd live somewhere cheaper with a few buds of mine, but I couldn't abandon my family, he and my lil sister are all I got. Rare Pepe in return for blogpost.
>>
>>25531941
RIVERSIDE NIGGA
>>
>>25531648
>by splitting everything with my mom, we both have spending money left over.
does she gets a few gigolos a year ?
>>
>>25532496
Buttfuck, TN
>>
>>25532650
Buttfuck has always been in NB.
>>
>>25532630
Riverside isstill 3/4 the cost of anywhere else nicer in socal. 800- 1000 for a studio.Still unaffordable
>>
File: 1451115753815.jpg (94KB, 991x743px) Image search: [Google]
1451115753815.jpg
94KB, 991x743px
>>25530931
19 and living at home
rent is too high in boston to live on my own
it sucks
>>
File: 1432368528203.jpg (526KB, 1280x953px) Image search: [Google]
1432368528203.jpg
526KB, 1280x953px
>>25531991
>They're memory and logical thinking is starting to go tho
this my mom is 66 and a bear to cross. she was always stupid and I wonder what kind of man my father should have been to marry her [and divorce her] in the first place.
>>
>>25532025
Top fucking post
>>
>>25532900
>that pic
>those autism shoes
>>
>>25530931
Age 22, still working on a BA degree. Only really in college because I lost all hope after searching for jobs fruitlessly. The last straw was when I was told I needed 2 years of professional dishwashing experience to wash dishes at this run-down diner.
Thankfully my mom's side pities me since she was single parenting for most of my life but when she kicked the bucket early from her excessive smoking, they saw the house was a mess. My grandma is helping me by paying my tuition and books.
So I live with my stepmom and dad, whom get into arguments because they can't stop being passive-aggressive at each other. Especially my stepmom though.
>casually bring up an experience with school in a conversation to do with school
>dad takes opportunity to go to the bathroom
>stepmom instantly leaps down my throat in a public restaurant about how the conversation was about my half-brother
>"I was just adding to the conversation"
>continues bitchfit, calling me an arrogant know-it-all
>by the end of the night dad says I shouldn't have said anything and I added fuel to the fire
I can't wait to move out and leave this shit behind.
>>
>>25532353
>>25532254
dude $700 is cheap. you can't even get a studio around here for that price
>>
>>25534164

700$ is most assuredly not cheap. You don't live in the real world.
>>
>>25534216
yeah i know it all depends on the cost of living in the area
>>
>>25534216
>700$ is most assuredly not cheap

What is "cheap" to you?
>>
>>25534216
That's pretty normal where I live, if not $800.
Housing is run by jews, more news at eleven.
>>
>>25534266

Name your city so I can mock it
>>
>21 (i know its 25+)
>Did 1 year of college and didnt go back
>living with mom and step dad
>working full time
>step dad hates the fact i live here
>he got kicked out at 17
>thinks I need to be on my own
>starting to convince my mom I need to move out
>Mom originally was always sincere said I can always stay until I get my finances straight
>Starting to ask me when Im going to move out

wtf man I hate this piece of shit guy
>>
>complain that i'm not getting enough hours
>work day comes
>wish I didn't have to go
>clock out ASAP at end of the day

Being a wagecuck comes with some complex feels.
>>
>>25534296
Sandy OR.
Have fun.
>>
29. Had my own place in another city, moved back to LA, moved in with parents "temporarily" and I'm still here 3 years later.

It's not too bad, though, my room is a separate thing with its own entrance and bathroom and would be like a $900+ rental unit if I wasn't using it. I only see my family when I go to use the kitchen or if I eat dinner with them.

It would actually be a totally respectable rental room in a nice area for a guy in my position if it weren't for the fact that it's on my parents' property and there's the chance of running into them if I brought a girl back.
>>
>>25534361
what is your job ? do you have a car?
>>
>Anybody else here 25+ living with parents?
fuck, I'm so sorry anon

I'm 20 living with parents with no more friends, no job, no experience, it's a hell. if I don't find a way out of this I don't think I'll make it to 25
>>
>>25531197
True words, your mental and emotional development is stuck in neutral living with the ol' senpai.
>>
>>25534461
My career is in marketing but it's on hold while I finish my degree, I had too many offers for better positions that then got rescinded when they found out I didn't have a BA, so I'm getting one. I have a consulting gig on the side that pays the bills while I'm in school.

And yeah, I have a car, bought it brand new two years ago too.
>>
>>25534654
I recall you posting here before.

That seems really odd that you can't get a job ONLY because you don't have a degree. It seems like you would get a pass if you have experience.

I have a degree, but can't seem to get any sort of real jobs. Im stuck with near min wage part time job. I also live in the LA/OC area.
>>
File: 85.jpg (111KB, 625x720px) Image search: [Google]
85.jpg
111KB, 625x720px
>29
>Work a security job 2 days a week
>keeps my mam and dad off my back
>5 days I'm off I sit in my room playing videogames
>never gunna get a gf
>never gunna give them grandkids
>not sure why I even continue on

Shit life lads.

>get drunk in my room over christmas and new year more than usual
>end up making dating profile
>the few women that reply immediately stop when I they find out what I do for a living
>literally cant find any ugly wome non there
>all the active ones are pretty Stacies
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uc3V8NxKWw

Bought a PS4 to play Bloodbourne. Fuck it.
>>
>>25534868
>>Work a security job 2 days a week
here I need some degree to get this.
>>
>>25534847
The good jobs are all with huge corporations that have HR departments that put the kibosh on anybody without the right paperwork.

I want to go to an Aerospace or Defense company and they're super anal about that kind of shit, especially because working there often requires security clearances that aren't granted to people the government doesn't think are "qualified" for them.
>>
>>25532900
>what_have_i_done.jpg
>>
File: anger.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>33 years old wageslave
>Not making enough money to live on my own
>Have to stay in my bedroom with my parents house
>For some reason they won't let me cook my own meals
>I haven't cooked my own dinner in 8 years
>The last time I did it I made lasagne and it was quite good
>Parents don't trust me to use an oven
>They insist on cooking everything for me
>Whenever they leave for more than a day they unplug the oven and lock it in the garage
>Freeze a bunch of food for me to microwave
>They call the oven 'the hot box of the responsible' and apparently I am not responsible
>tried to buy a toaster oven for my room
>they found it
>tried to explain it was a sock warmer
>cooked my socks in front of them
>they caught fire
>the oven caught fire and got destroyed
>i hate this shit

The closest I get to preparing my own meals is when we go shopping on Saturday. They let me pick out 3 extra toppings for that nights frozen pizza and I am allowed to put those toppings on later in the day. I've become so numb that the only 3 I ever pick are skittles, bacon and ham. My parents call it my 'oink oink rainbow pie'.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME FUCKING PASTA.
>>
I'm 28 and I still live with my asian parents

They always want to do everything for me and now I am scared that if I live alone I won't be able to do anything on my own

Also I can't ever leave the house without being tailed or known exactly where I am at all times

I'm stuck, I just want a girlfriend, want companionship, want sex, but my mom feeds me too much and says I will get kicked out if i dont eat it all so I'm fat and the only time I'm allowed to leave the house is when I work. I feel like I could leave but I also don't want to abandon my family, they would disown me. The only time a son is allowed to leave (especially only child) is if he gets married and I am never getting married at this point in my life...
>>
>>25535144
>>For some reason they won't let me cook my own meals
>>25535144
>>Parents don't trust me to use an oven

me too. my mom wants me to eat what she cook. but she cannot cook anything on her tiny electric plates. she thinks she is a great cook though. so I best I can prepare eggs and boil water.
>>
>>25534361
here again.

I just realized that one of the only upsides to this situation is that my parents are almost 70 and it's getting to the point where I can claim that I live with them because they can't take care of themselves on their own anymore.
>>
>>25535144
>Set fire to socks in toaster oven
You are clearly not responsible enough to have unmonitored access to an oven.
>>
>>25535144
>age 33
>skittles on pizza
>why don't my parents trust me?
>>
>>25535211
Can you really blame them considering that they would take that away anyway?
If anything it only reinforced their views, which were rather unyielding anyway.
>>
>>25535144
Lol you're a liar. Oink oink rainbow pie? You have to be legit retarded if this is true. You're a family of autists
>>
>>25535236
that anon might just be a total fuck up though, but he may not realize it
>>
>>25535144
Am I the only one who thinks there's a ton of wasted comedy talent on /r9k/?
>>
>>25535257
True enough. Skittles on a pizza is a bit out there. Dude should write a book on this shit. Might make for a fun read.
>>
>>25535144
>I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME FUCKING PASTA
>9.9999/10
>>
I'm 18 and literally just got into an argument with my previous because I wanted to keep the Christmas lights in my room longer. Stupid, I know. They're usually pretty great parents most of the time, it's dumb things like this I don't really get. It would also be nice to have my own room once in my life, fuck. That's something I really want.
>>
>>25535144
>My parents call it my 'oink oink rainbow pie'.
this where I would draw the line and finally get enough courage to kill myself
>>
>>25535144
What the hell ? Are you for real?

Damn, Im on the living with my parents past 30 path, but Im not that weird.
>>
>>25535262
He's just a normie making fun of real robots.
>>
>>25535524
That's not even a weird thing a lot of people keep Christmas lights in their room they're not too bright and look real mellow
>>
>>25534216

I can't even rent a room for $700. Shit, my 2 bedroom bullshit apartment with no laundry and no dishwasher starts at $1700, the so-called remodeled units go up to $2200. I live by a school and a fucking trailer park.
>>
>>25535697
That's what I like about them, I guess I'll talk about it with them. I don't even care about the lights all that much. Just wanted to be included on the matter. I feel like if I don't put my foot down on some things I'll lose a sense of being an individual in this household
>>
28 and still living with parents. It's more about finances than anything else.

Also I worry a bit I might have difficulties doing certain household chores when I eventually do move into my own place.
>>
>>25535850
>Also I worry a bit I might have difficulties doing certain household chores when I eventually do move into my own place.
the trick is to have minimal stuff in the flat. then cleaning is a far easier task and you do not hesitate to get the vacuum cleaner , even for only 5 minutes.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.