[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we beat the system, /r9k/? And by the system, I mean the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1433746651465.png (135KB, 1179x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1433746651465.png
135KB, 1179x1062px
How do we beat the system, /r9k/? And by the system, I mean the fact that we have to slave away for some CEO our entire lives, getting no time to actually enjoy living, until we're like 60 or some shit. Then we can retire, and get a good whole 5-10 years to enjoy life before we go to sleep forever. How the fuck do we beat this bullshit system?
>>
By starting your own business.
Its hard as fuck though otherwise everyone would be doing it.
>>
There have always been serfs and kings OP. And there probably always will be. The only way it would ever be stopped would be if everyone just gave up all forms of currency and we went back to just being nomadic tribes but even then more powerful tribes would still lord over the rest.
>>
>>25530010
That's the only possible way I think you can beat the system, is by becoming the slave driver yourself.
>>
The only socially acceptable ways are:

>be born wealthy with a trust fund
>live off of investment income (see above)
>win the lottery (you'd have better luck robbing people)
>win a massive lawsuit

Things that will immediately earn you the ire of everyone around you:

>milk parents until they die
>get on SSI disability (not as easy as it seems here; takes literal years in many cases and involves lawyers)
>be a vagabond

Self-employment is a meme, and if you're on /r9k/ wondering how to become a NEET in the first place, you probably wouldn't make it anyway, as it involves a fuckton of work and red-tape makes EVERYTHING technically illegal. Seriously; starting and running a business may as well require a law degree in the US.

Currently living off my parents at 26; hoping I die before I have to work full-time. Too much of a puss to kill myself outright.
>>
>>25529970
Arent you some autistic weirdo? Why the hell do you care about wasting your life since that is what you do everyday.
>>
>spends his free time saying he has "no time" to a bunch of strangers
the bullshit is that somewhere along the line we decided people like you should still be allowed to say whatever you want. nothing in your post even had a point. hardly anybody works for a CEO and you've been asleep for 150 years or some shit to miss the whole counterculture movement toward living in the moment. people don't save for retirement anymore, they barely even have families these days to keep them busy. People slave away watching netflix more than they do anything productive.
>>
>>25529970

You have to be more capable than everyone else, and use that to start your own business, or use connections to get a decent job, etc. Be extremely frugal and start investing as much money as possible into diversified sources. This is basically leveraging your wealth to gain more wealth and it's how the rich will forever stay in power. Once you have a solid money base and a low cost lifestyle, you can retire early and life off the dividends.
>>
>>25529970

Be lucky enough to be born rich or genetically superior. That's it. Everything else is work-till-you-drop-dead mode.

I'm planning on killing myself. Seems like the easiest and best option
>>
>>25530243
>how to gamble away your money and maybe make a profit in 50 years
you sound like those guys who charge $300 a seat to tell you "ill tell you something that nobody else will: be yourself. thank you"
>>
become a musician or some other sort of artist.
I bet you can find enjoyment out of that, and you don't have suck on "the man's" dick all day long.
>>
>>25530290

No, I'm the kind of guy who's trying to tell you to research investing strategies and start doing it as soon as possible. Start dropping your money into an index fund or even a mutual fund to start. Most people are idiots and will never save up enough, but at some point the return on the dividends will pay more than your expenses, at which point you don't even have to work. It's a concept called financial independence. My investments are close to paying all my rent at the moment.
>>
>>25529970
humans suck

our lives are a scam
>>
>>25530391
>at some point
yeah man that's how investments work. you just live frugally, like you said, and throw as much money as possible into your "strategic" investments. its that simple. anyone who does this will always make money.

totally better than working some office job sitting on 4chan all day getting a steady paycheck you can spend on yourself.
>>
i figure i would save up money, live frugally for 2 month periods for traveling and neetdom
>>
Become the CEO, become the slaver.
>>
>>25529970

The first thing you need to overcome id your lack of imagination. If you think you need to work for the corporate machine, then that's where you'll end up because you're too stupid to think of any of the better options
>>
>>25530681
>yfw most CEOs are retirement age
epic suggestion.
>>
>>25530105

This post is complete fucking bullshit.
>>
>>25529970

make illegal income and try to evade every tax possible, dumbass. It aint rocket science
>>
find the obscure book Early Retirement Extreme and follow the wisdom contained within
>>
File: 1423584752940.jpg (36KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1423584752940.jpg
36KB, 500x494px
>>25529970
Study
Work
Get skills in a field that makes you valuable
Leverage that value to get better spots
Make your way up the ladder as far as you want and retire happy

or what >>25530010 said and go a bit more risky
>>
File: 1450096709514.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1450096709514.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
>tfw you can only retire when you are 75 in my country

>will literally die while working

Pls end this
>>
>>25530343
> implying you can become an artist for s living if you didn't start learning the chosen art before you were 10
>>
>>25530105
This post basically describes my views and current state as well.
>>
>>25530010
>>25530049
>>25530681
That's not really beat the system though. That's akin to the saying if you *can't* beat 'em, join 'em. >>25530105 is right about the socially acceptable ways.
>>
>>25530829
All of your ancestors died working and so will you and your children and your grand children its a the natural order, become a wage slave already.
>>
>>25529970
Remember marketing=propaganda. Most of what you think you need, you don't. Dropping auto expenses and get another ride. Read classics on the train like a patrician while plebs spend money on their rush-hour-rage never-find-parking machines. If a chick thinks less of you, pretend to be European. Because it hurts to say, but basically Eurofags were right about the insane consumer lifestyle expectations of Murrica.
>>
>>25530883
>patrician
>public transportation
do you work for the government and do you sport a greasy beard?
>>
>>25530768

release yourself from the pursuit of /comfy/

live on $10k a year

Mcwage = retired at 45
Office drone = retired at 35
High skill = retired at 30
>>
>sleep forever

Nope.

The ride literally never ends. You can't not be alive because it's logically impossible to experience death.
>>
>>25530883
You can't be a patrician without money. What, are you going to get a shitty paperback version of a classic to read on grimy, noisy, and crowded public transportation over a hardcover and a chauffeured car. Don't kid yourself, man. The rich are the ones who have the means to make their lives richer. The plebs you're referring to are middle class, and we all know the middle class is dying. Comparing yourself to a rotting corpse ain't doing nobody no favors.
>>
>>25531073
Wow. The marketing really worked on you. I bet the merchant gives you a mysterious boner. huh?
>>
File: 1451644457423.jpg (87KB, 788x727px) Image search: [Google]
1451644457423.jpg
87KB, 788x727px
In previous generations people expected to mostly have hard work and very little free time or pleasure. Now we have machines to do most of the work of things like washing clothes. Maybe we need to change our expectations. If we expect a lot of hard work and privation, we won't feel so frustrated, disappointed and angry.
>>
You can only beat the system by finding a way to live outside of it. If you participate in it you've already lost.
>>
>>25531221

I'm with you anon. I've spent years living off money I saved up. Never had to move home with parents. I'm 30 note and have spent three of the past sevrn years living modestly off of my savings. Living on $10,000 yearly is doable in the right city. When you make careeoffice drone money you can put away $30k a year

It is extremely rewarding and changed my life.

Obsession with status is laughable knowing we're all going to die. It's even more ridiculous coming from a robot who was rejected by that world so long ago.

Imagine living in a major us city, your only tasks for the day being too cook some food, read, ride your bike exploring, exercise, and surf the internet. That has been my life for long stretches of time. Striving to work hard and retire at sixty is hilarious. I had the experience before I turned thirty. I even travelled internationally four times. More than most Americans can in a lifetime. Weeks in Brazil and India. No rushed vacation with an office job waiting for me at home.

Sell everything you own and live like a monk. Sell your car. Find the cheapest city with the best job and share a house. $500/mo rent. $400/ food. Then save your money, cancel your internet, ditch your phone. Read books. Ride bikes. Talk to weird people at the park. Get fit.

Life favors the risk taker
>>
File: Stalinwashingcar.jpg (492KB, 1000x718px) Image search: [Google]
Stalinwashingcar.jpg
492KB, 1000x718px
There is one way.

Howdy-ho, wage-slave!
>>
>>25530681
CEOs live under extreme pressure and work a lot more than your average desk jockey
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.