[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One More Thread Today! Fitness for You.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689KB, 3664x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689KB, 3664x2552px
A quick one because it's late for me. I suddenly just had to go lie down and accidentally slept three hours. Going back to work has been brutal this week.

Anyway: I'm taking your fitness questions and giving you my guide and posting useful stuff.

Whatever you want to do with regards to health, consider these:

>yes, dumbbells are enough to get a ton of good stuff going
>no, you shouldn't work out "just the abs" or any other single part of your body
>whatever you do, you should calculate your basal metabolic rate and count your calories, whether you want to lose or gain weight

use this: http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

>there are countless benefits beyond looking good, and yes, actual strength is actual esthetics, don't get memed

>the guide answers most of your questions, save it, share it
>>
Tell me a bit about you Nick. What was your fitness journey like?
>>
>>25523850
>Tell me a bit about you Nick. What was your fitness journey like?

Very bumbling beginnings. I did stuff that was both useless, time-consuming, exhausting, and not efficient. For months and months, but I held on, and learned better. I'm far from over in my journey.
>>
>>25523850

The first thing that happened was I saw a picture of myself at the pool. I had been a skinny person for my entire youth, extreme skinniness as a child and still damn skinny as a teenager. Like much of my family, in youth, deathsticks, and then fatasses galore. When I saw this was happening to me, I immediately cut on eating all I wanted without caring, the way I had done till then.

Only later, much later, did I learn about calories. It enraged me when I realised there was an actual system all along and it was fucking easy. I was upset nobody had ever told me about this.

Actual working out came later.

My very first session was basically me going out running, with no plan, and for several hours, and upon coming back, started lifting my mom's retardedly coloured weights in any kind of motion I imagined would work. It was pure cringe.

I ended up badly hurting my legs and knees (pain for 3 months, literally) and basically that ended my first attempt at getting fit. I had tried way too hard, way too soon. When you don't have a plan, you just TRY HARD and this is how one gets demotivated extremely quickly, if not worse, as in, injured.

It would take years until I knew my shit and did something efficient. For a long time, I didn't know that cardio and strength were completely separate. I had this fuzzy idea of how to get fit, and I thought swimming could make someone bulky/fit if you did it hard. I had no knowledge of how things worked.
>>
>>25524019

Have you ever been in the military or done an equally fitness-related job?

I'm considering the military
>>
>>25523850

I bought dumbbells on a friend's advice one day, and I literally don't recall even using them for years. Main reason was: I didn't know what to do with them. This is why I spam my DB program because it's a fully body and tells you everything you should do and how. It's a nice little package and you can start right away and get results by doing something efficient, and not waste years like I, and many others, did, and still do.
>>
>>25524122
>Have you ever been in the military or done an equally fitness-related job?

Not really. I've done physical jobs but nothing that required much strength (factory work, supermarket dispatching, painting walls, stuff like that, summer jobs when I was a teen, basically).

I have great respect for the military life, though. I grew up with completely different ideals from those that are mine today, and I do believe I would have benefitted from more discipline as a teenager.
>>
Welp, this didn't escalate at all. Bored everyone to death with my story and now you're all dead.

Sorry, Robots, I never meant to.
>>
>>25524745
will you post dick, nick?
that would spice this thread up ;)
>>
File: received_143546876018899.jpg (10KB, 339x344px) Image search: [Google]
received_143546876018899.jpg
10KB, 339x344px
Nick, can l started lifting a few months ago.
Can you tell me if my routine is viable ?
It's a PPL that goes like this :
Push,Pull, Cardio, Push, Pull, Legs, Cardio
Pic related, it's my routine, idk if it's good, my lifting buddy told me that it was okay.
Pls respond
>>
>>25524866

Dubs.

Not sure I have any dick pick lying around here. If I did, and /fit/ got wind of what I'm doing on this board, they might memify me, and if I added a dick pick to it (my Italian heritage shows through with my cock, it's the stuff of conquerors and emperors), they would henceforth post it everywhere and that would be uncomfortable for me. I'd also develop nightmares in which the average /fit/ no homo faggot chases me for anal rape through new-resers-infested gym halls.

Do not want.
>>
>>25524962
Nick, l started lifting*
>>
>>25524964
what a bunch of excuses little nicky.
>>
>>25524962

Hello France.

On the whole, it seems fine, but I tend to think you're better off focusing on compounds more, like the classics from SS or SL, than spending energy on less general exercises, as this will tire you more and hinder your progress.

See it this way: you only have a limited amount of energy, and the more stuff you do, the less intense you can go. That's why SS/SL works so well: you focus all that energy on a few exercises that exercise shitloads of muscles. The more exercises you do, the less efficient it becomes, and that's my concern with your routine, but not to any serious degree. You have tons of good compound movements, so, all in all, I'll say it is fine. At some point, try switching to see if things improve faster or better.

But yes, it is OK.
>>
What is the rest time between reps? About to do squats for the first time.
>>
>>25525105
>What is the rest time between reps? About to do squats for the first time.

Studies suggest 2 minutes is tip top, but whatever is enough for you is enough. I don't count the seconds between my sets.
>>
>>25523813
Anon help me im a 60kg skelly faggot. My height is 1.85. I have nothing else but a pair of dumbbells with adjustable weights. Tell me what i have to do to gain some weight and i swear ill fucking do it.
>>
>>25525045
Thanks for the advice.
How did you know that l was french, it's the first time l ever post in one of your threads
>>
>>25525187
>Anon help me im a 60kg skelly faggot. My height is 1.85. I have nothing else but a pair of dumbbells with adjustable weights. Tell me what i have to do to gain some weight and i swear ill fucking do it.

You literally, LITERALLY save my guide, post it on your desktop and read that good shit, man.

It LITERALLY tells you everything you should do.

>count cals
>calculate basal metabolic rate
>eat 400kcal more than that, or more if you really want to put on mass
>eat pistachios and drink whole milk all day on top of normal meals

Here's the DB program:

Military Presses
https://youtu.be/HMvzUDwaBeA

Shoulder Presses DB
https://youtu.be/B-aVuyhvLHU

French Presses
https://youtu.be/RQMQR9r99lg

Rows
https://youtu.be/-koP10y1qZI

Squats
https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA

Pushups (wall, table)
https://youtu.be/a6YHbXD2XlU

------------------------------------------

Program:

5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

Do this every other day if you can. Taking more rest days is not a problem. Just avoid working out two days in a row.
>>
>>25525209
>How did you know that l was french, it's the first time l ever post in one of your threads

Is it really the first time, my friend?

As I said before, I am truly an angel of God sent amongst you to save you, body and soul. Because of that, I get special knowledge. God saw the goodness in you guys and He saw that it was sometimes turning to unlove, so I was sent to make a change. I'm starting with the body but soon enough we'll move on to other areas as well. Whatever it takes to increase your enjoyment of life 500% and make you feel God's eternal and infinite love.
>>
>>25525237
Thank you SO MUCH. I just have no idea with how much weight i should start. Do you have any advice?
>>
>>25525334
>Thank you SO MUCH. I just have no idea with how much weight i should start. Do you have any advice?

The guide has a detail explanation of that and everything else you need to know under "how to lift".

Basically, if you aim for 5 reps, you use a weight where you couldn't do 8 reps with. The idea is to be as close to your max as possible, without being too close: you want to avoid "failure", that's when you can no longer perform the rep. That's failure, and it's very taxing on your muscles, so avoid it.

Case in point:

>use 4 kilos
>start repping
>can do 8 reps, fail at 9
>this is heavy enough to do 5 reps with

>use 2 kilos
>can do 20 reps
>that's too light

That's how it works: you keep it in the efficient rep range (4 to 8, roughly) by ensuring that it's always too heavy to do many more reps with it than the amount you're going for.

If your aim is 20 reps, then make sure you can do 25 with that weight. If it's 12, make sure you could do 14.

You want to stay on the edge of your strength, but not too close to the edge.
>>
>>25525334
>I just have no idea with how much weight i should start. Do you have any advice?

One more thing, for starters, don't hesitate to go lighter rather than heavier, and focus heavily on form. Form above all else in general, but even more so for beginners. Don't hesitate to increase your reps with the same weight just to get it right and safe and secure for later. You'll improve lots in the beginning and get tons of new strength fast. You'll easily double what you can lift in weeks. Because of this, don't hesitate to rep more when you feel you can, all the way to 12, or even 20. It's a way to progress without adding weight, and it's OK as a beginner. Wouldn't be as efficient if you were an experienced lifter, but as a beginner, it has some advantages too.

But yeah, light right. No shame if you must start light. I started super light and laughed at how weak I was. A year later, I French pressed 4 times what I could originally do, painfully, for a few reps only. Now I feel like a beast French pressing monster DB's and the same can happen to you if you stick to it.
>>
Hi, is fried rice a good meal if and trying to lose weight and on a diet of 1200-1500 cal at day?
>>
>>25525587
>Hi, is fried rice a good meal if and trying to lose weight and on a diet of 1200-1500 cal at day?

If you like it and it fills you up: yes. What's your BMR?

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

If it's over 1500, then yes, you will lose weight that way.
>>
Hy nick, if l'm cutting, will l make no gains or will it just slow down ?
>>
>>25525781
>Hy nick, if l'm cutting, will l make no gains or will it just slow down ?

Hello France. Well, it depends. If you have some fat on you, your body will be able to tap into that to build more muscles, provided you have enough protein in your diet. In that sense, it is possible to cut and make gains, yes.

I assume you are cutting because you have extra fat, so yes, it's possible.
>>
Free tip for people who try to eat less:

>take a plastic bottle, fill with water
>into freezer

I find that drinking really cold water is more enjoyable than just water, which I find distateful. If you're like me, drinking from a frozen bottle will be fun. It tastes better. It may be impractical if completely frozen, but that stuff melts quickly. Once you have some room for new water, you'll have a giant icecube in your bottle and the new water gets cold real quick.

Drinking lots of water helps fill your belly and ease the hunger.
>>
>>25525634
It says 2100 if I want to maintain, 1600 if I want to lose 1 pound per week. The last three months I've been eating 1500 and dropped a lot of weight. I think Im good.

Now, like I said, I lost a lot of weight by just counting calories and my body is now deformed, kinda like a hourglass.

Should exercise fix this? And what kind of exercises?
>>
>>25525818
Thanks, l'm cutting because l ate too fucking much. Also >>25525905 you should fill your belly with water before eating, that way you'll feel "full" without having to eat 3kg of meat
>>
>>25525989
>It says 2100 if I want to maintain, 1600 if I want to lose 1 pound per week. The last three months I've been eating 1500 and dropped a lot of weight. I think Im good.

Indeed you are.

>>25525989
>Now, like I said, I lost a lot of weight by just counting calories and my body is now deformed, kinda like a hourglass.

This could be because there's still fat left and that you store your fat unevenly, like a lot of people.

But yes, getting strength (meaning muscle) will help harmonising all this.

>Should exercise fix this? And what kind of exercises?

You should do a strength program. You can do my DB program, posted many times ITT, or a barbell program like SS or SL.

Muscles will grow in harmony which will make your appearance better. It's difficult to tell without having actually seen you.
>>
>>25526000
>you should fill your belly with water before eating, that way you'll feel "full" without having to eat 3kg of meat

Trips of truth. Excellent idea.

Also, soups and stews, which function on the same principle. A stew is so fucking filling you won't believe it.

>intermittent fasting
>come 4 pm, time to break my fast
>prepare stew, 900kcal
>can barely finish it
>literally don't need to eat until bedtime

Most efficient way to lose weight I found. Don't recommend it because it's too much of a cut, but goes to show how efficient it can be.
>>
Nick, tell me the truth about proteins, how much should l take every day ?
>>
>>25526154
>Nick, tell me the truth about proteins, how much should l take every day ?

This thread is only you and me, France, it seems.

The saying is you should take a gram for every kilo in your body. So if you're 80 kilos, take 80 grams. I personally don't count unless I'm taking a protein shake, which I take 50 g of. The rest of the time, I just eat meat, eggs, beans, drink milk, and generally aim for foods that have protein, which I love anyway.

Works well enough.
>>
>>25526192
Wait, you're using an add-on and only call people from France "France", right ?
You sneaky bastard.
/fit/ (the sticky) says that you should take 1g/lb, and you're saying 1g/kg, hat do l do now proteon rampage
>>
>>25526268

I'll tell you my secret. It's punctuation. Only the French put a space before "?".

>right ?

Everyone else would say

>Right?

You do this because in French, every punctuation sign that has two parts takes a space before it, such as

?!:;

These are made of two parts; a dot and a curve, two dots, a comma and a dot.

Single-part punctuation don't take a space:

>,.()

Etc.

That's how I know who's French.

And don't worry about the protein. I may confuse pounds and kilos, take half a kilo per kilo of bodyweight and you'll be fine. You can't take too much protein anyway. If you do, you just shit it out. Don't worry.
>>
>>25526332
>came for fitness tips
>can now spot frenchposters
That's amazing actually :^)
>>
>>25526386

Despite the fitness stuff, my main center of interest is literature and linguistics, which I studied for over 8 years at university. And I speak French too, fluently.

Nobody on /fit/ would believe but I wrote a thesis on Moby-Dick.

>things that nobody would believe but are 100% true

Who'd have thought that being anal about punctuation could lead to superpowers on the Internet?

Another amazing fact: every piece in a chess game has its move carved in it.

>pawns have 1 little point head
>knights have a an L shape
>bishops have a diagonal carved in their face
>queens have 8 pointed crown, like the 8 directions they can take
>king has a cross, vertical, horizontal
>rook has also 4 holes on its walls, same directions as kings

And yes, found that on my own and can't imagine it's a coincidence.
>>
>>25526479
I've been playing chess a lot and never noticed this. Holy shit.
Here's my chess tip to win all the time against casuls
>plan 3 moves ahead
That's it, nobody thinks 3 moves ahead, not casuals at least
>>
>>25526564
>I've been playing chess a lot and never noticed this. Holy shit.

No one I know ever did, even people who played for decades.

It can't be a coincidence though.
>>
>>25526479
Anyways nick, l have to sleep because it's almost 3 am and l shouldn't be staying uo this late. Thanks for all the info, you're a nice guy
>>25526661
It's probably not on every single set, which is why not laby people noticed it
>>
My sleeping schedule is out of whack.

>>25526737
>Anyways nick, l have to sleep because it's almost 3 am and l shouldn't be staying uo this late.

This, I must go to, for the same reason, I work this week.

Was nice talking with you!

Bonne nuit !
>>
why should I bother exercising when my only goal in life is finding a good way to kill myself desu?
>>
>>25526779
Because working out literally destroys your muscles, which means each workout brings you closer tl death since you lift more every time

>>25526761
Buona notte you big idiot
>>
File: weight-loss-vs-fat-loss1.jpg (29KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
weight-loss-vs-fat-loss1.jpg
29KB, 712x400px
>"losing weight"
Get it right.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.