[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /anime hipster/ here? currently watching this obscure series

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maison ikkoku.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
maison ikkoku.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
who /anime hipster/ here?

currently watching this obscure series from the 1980s, feelsgoodman. obscure animes are way better than moe or shonen.
>>
>>25515274
Galaxy Express 999 is your freind as well.
>>
>>25515303
never heard of this one, looks interesting though. thanks mate
>>
How the fuck is Maison Ikkoku obscure? You can't really call any Takahashi Rumiko series obscure to be quite honest.
>>
>>25515480
its from the 80s
>>
>>25515480
This. Do you mostly get your anime from netflix, OP?
>>
Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Also, watch Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
>>
>>25515480
In a world where the average anime viewer considers Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan masterpieces of fiction, I think it's fair to call it obscure.
>>
I pretty much only watch moe but a lot of the manga I read could qualify
>>
The thing I hate the most is moeshit.
I feel absolutely fine about watching 80's stuff and find artwork of 90's much better than modern.
>>
Best Maison Ikkoku opening coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKtZ6WuqJ8U
>>
some good obscure shit:

Hanada Shounen Shi
Zettai Shounen
Alien 9
Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai
Key the Metal Idol
NieA Under 7
Windy Tales
Twilight Q
>>
>>25515480
This guy has it right. You're the pleb if you consider anything by one of the most popular and influential manga artists of all time, both in the west and Japan, obscure.
>>
>>25515752
thanks for the recommendations, added them to my backlog
>>
>>25515274

Ikkoku-kan desu!

I saw this in "recent times", so it was a nice retro trip back to the days of tube tv's, stationary phones, the prime days of the Hakosuka and other models, sort of subtle humor, calm pacing and nowhere near todays level of fanservice. But man did it drag on, the environment rarely ever changed and 45154361 awkward misunderstandings after one another gets a bit tiring.
>>
>>25515846
I watched it last summer and it really had this comfy feel to it. Definitely my favourite Rumiko series by far.
>>
>>25515274
Yeah so obscure, wow, it's not like the author has written ranma 1/2 or anything

Faggot
>>
>>25515480
Obscure to 16 years old whose first anime was AoT

Daily reminder 4chan userbase is 16
>>
>>25515274
I prefer older anime, it's not even elitism, it's just because more older anime are interesting to me. 'Cute girls doing cute things' just isn't tat interesting.

It's not obscure and it's shonen, but it's 80s:have you seen Area 88? it's on YouTube and it's pretty nice.
>>
>>25515530
>Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
Great taste.
>>
>>25515752
Pretty good anonkun
>>
>>25515274
Eventually you watch everything,
not a big thing senpaitachi.
>anything you can watch with subs or dubs.
>obscure.
Kek.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.