[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work hard >Invest >Save up >One day when you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (74KB, 568x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 568x477px
>Work hard
>Invest
>Save up
>One day when you're an incontinent, forgetful, withered old skeleton you can actually do the things you want to do

Why is this seen as acceptable? At what point was all of society cucked into believing life should only be enjoyed once it's almost over?
>>
Good topic, and one I've pondered.

My thoughts: Most humans and especially women are idiot keks to begin with and don't actually mind a life of wageslavery and servitude. For them, the notion of retirement isn't even required to goad them into toiling their youth away.

For another twenty percent, they actually don't comprehend how stupidly finite and fragile life is, and think there's "obviously" a 99.99% chance that they will survive in good health into old age and therefore benefit from retirement.

Others probably get the way it's all rigged and fucked but somehow delude themselves into hoping retirement will be delightful.

Then there are the truly elite and rich who make enough and invest enough for the system to work beautifully for them, and they actually can retire at like age 40 or 45, which is a much more reasonable notion.

And then there's us. We're fucked and we are intelligent enough to know it and the whole retirement meme is glaringly obvious for what it is--empty promises.
>>
>>25510553
yeah normie and waggies are retarded

I'm going to Travel and enjoy life with my money while i'm young and just commit suicide when I get too old.
>>
>>25510553
We humans don't last forever. Unfortunately, almost every living cell gets more weaker and defective as we get old and grey. Most of us have to work our asses off to provide ourselves. Unless you win the lotto, nothing will be handed to you. When you hit the age of retirement, you have something to fall back on you can't do much anymore. You can't work anymore. You're dying. Make the best out of instead of waiting to die.

Edge lord
>>
>>25510553
>One day when you're an incontinent, forgetful, withered old skeleton you can actually do the things you want to do

No you stupid, you wont have to work. This the goal. When you will be wreck, you wont have to be homeless and shit. I mean, come one, noone sees retirement as a goal, right?
>>
Your purpose in society is to work from cradle to grave in order to give your children a better life. This is the way it's always been, your duty to your fellow man comes before your own enjoyment.
>>
>>25510553
Yeah, this is stupid so don't do it. I work for a few years, then "retire" for a few years until my savings are gone. It's great. You should do that too. Remember to minimize your spending so you get the most time for your work.
>>
>>25511521

>Then there are the truly elite and rich who make enough and invest enough for the system to work beautifully for them, and they actually can retire at like age 40 or 45

You have a baby's understanding of how the wealthy live. They don't 'retire', because they are not employed. 'Retiring' from being the boss means selling the business, and most of the owners just let other people manage their shit and collect dividends. Its actually why 'wagecucks' and 'neets' exist.

>>25512634

>Unless you win the lotto, nothing will be handed to you

Well what if you were born rich enough to never really have had to work?

>>25512895

Sorry mate, but we live in an industrial capitalist economy - any talk of social obligation is entirely anti-social, in fact, it runs against all of our values and traditions.
We are free agents pursuing their individual interests.
>>
I'll bite, OP, do you have a better idea?

Let's keep in mind that humanity has had and still has ongoing experiments on what happens when people go out looking only for #1 on a societal level, and the results aren't great.

And dear lord don't give me any of that
>lel wagecucks, I'll live on autism biz
bullshit. In doing so, you'd be acknowledging yourself as a moocher, disqualifying yourself from the conversation.
>>
>>25512984
>Well what if you were born rich enough to never really have had to work?

Not mant people actually lives like that. They probably have jobs where they don't do much work except show up. Other than that, they'll be just wasting their money
>>
>>25513019
>you'd be acknowledging yourself as a moocher, disqualifying yourself from the conversation.
How does this disqualify anyone from the conversation? This isn't /pol/, we don't have to pretend to uphold some standard of morality.
>>
>>25513079
Well, you see, if you think living as a moocher is a viable means of income for the rest of your life, you're a fucking retard. There's no point in discussing with someone whose favorite color is ham. And even if they weren't retarded, that shit doesn't scale, so talking about it as an acceptable way of life for the masses makes no sense.
>>
>>25513144
>that shit doesn't scale
Over time, automation will reduce the need for human labor, so unemployment will increase. A system where you can get rich by working, but survive without, seems feasible to me in the long run.
>>
>>25513192
>in the long run
Not in your lifetime.
>>
>>25513222

Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>25513222
We could do that shit now, what are you talking about? Think about how many people have nonsense jobs, or barely work when they're at their job. Those people don't need to be employed, they aren't producing anything.

Regardless, a behavior doesn't need to be universal to be valid. If 10% of people can trick the other 90% into working for them, good for them.
>>
>>25513288
First of all, no we couldn't (software eng here), not by a long shot.

Secondly, the way OP formulated his question implies a premise according to which one shouldn't by default work for the collective. Therefore the idea has to scale. Otherwise we're jumping head first into the deep end of the pool full of questions like
>why won't you just kill yourself already
...and that's neither interesting nor constructive.
>>
>>25513435
>the collective
The who? There isn't one of those here. Modern society isn't a team game, it's deathmatch.

So I guess the answer to the OP is, that used to be the norm because it helped the rest of society. Now that we no longer have a collective society in any meaningful sense, it can be ignored in favor of methods that benefit you alone.
>>
>>25513497
>the modern society isn't a team game, it's a deathmatch
Yes, that's why we pay taxes to maintain and build the infrastructure, and to provide services and the social safety net.

You see, I am talking to a retard.
>>
>>25513497
Exactly. Also, things like social media, and the media are making people more closed off from each other. I'm from the UK, years ago, you would know your neighbours, even let neighbours and watch other neighbours kids, but now, we don't know our neighbours or at least it's far less frequent.

Now, people don't protest either. If shit was happening back in the times of castles etc, there would be a huge mob that would be out for the king's blood if he was to be fucking his people this much.
>>
>>25513556
Most people view those as an inconvenience that the government forces upon them. If given the choice to not pay taxes, most people wouldn't, even if it meant fucking everyone else over. My advice for OP is to take advantage of this mindset and fuck people over to get money and enjoy life.
>>
>>25513556
You sound like exactly the type of stuck up, misinformed simpleton that enthusiastically gulps down all the shit excreted by those in the higher class.

Do you think it is morally just that 80% toil and sweat away to keep the other 20%'s life of luxury? A life that is getting more and more luxurious by the day?

Really?
>>
>>25513596
>If given the choice to not pay taxes, most people wouldn't, even if it meant fucking everyone else over.
In the short term, sure. In the long term, we shape our governments away from the Somalia model. That's why we organize into relstively rigid societies that do the broad strokes for us.

Now what you're suggesting is denouncing any responsibility or agency in regards to your own life and fuck everyone else over in the process, because
>everyone else is doing it!!

You sure are a wise man.
>>
>>25513695
If you're charitable with sociopaths you'll get fucked. Sacrificing your well-being for the sake of having the moral high ground is hardly advisable.
>>
>>25513653
>le bluepill meme
Yeah, that's me. But you on the other hand.. you know you belong in MENSA when you talk all day about wagecucks on 4chan.

What you're presenting is a false choice. Try making a coherent argument.
>>
ITT: people arguing about things they cannot change, never will be able to change, and have no control over in any way.

Keep at it.
>>
>>25513726
So your logic is to fuck over the 90-something percent of your fellow human beings because of the few assholes out there. If everyone thought like that, your sorry ass wouldn't be alive right now.
>>
>>25513760
>provides no reasoning of his own

What would happen if by some miracle, everyone in a disadvantaged situation simply didn't go to work for one day?
>>
>>25513810
The 90 percent are the assholes. Modern society is assholes fucking assholes.
>>
>>25510553
By the time I'm their age I plan on having been dead for 20 years
>>
>>25513838
Define disadvantaged. My reasoning was implicit; don't be a self-serving ass because of the few.
>>
>>25513875
Yet you're still alive. The two claims are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>25513957
Why would I be dead? Are you implying that if everyone were an asshole, murder would be legal? Why would it be in an asshole's self interest to not employ the government to protect his life?
>>
>>25510553
1. you're intended to enjoy the challenges you face as a physically capable adult. when you're old you're just a nuisance anywhere you actually try to solve problems or be active, so people encourage you to do shit like bingo.
2. most people are told to retire long before they lose any mental faculties. people just don't save up anymore to retire on time or see #1, they still enjoy what they do.
3. you're a fucking retard. if you think people don't enjoy the majority of life even if they work a shitty job, you have never been outside.
>>
>>25513938
Your average Joe is disadvantaged, just like a neet or disabled person.
>>
File: 1451708213038.png (248KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451708213038.png
248KB, 283x400px
A guy (26) at my work died a few days ago because of a heartattack or something

Being a wagekek is so great
>>
>>25510553
Who says you cant do what you want before you retire? Who says you have to wait 40 years to do it?
>>
Not like I get to enjoy anything by not working and having nothing to save nor invest.
>>
>>25510553

I dont understand too.

Makes me want to kill these workaholics wagecucks
>>
>>25514417
>I want to kill that which I don't understand instead of seeking understanding.
This is solely a personal problem
>>
>>25513653
>morally just

I remember when I was in high school, too.

Pro-tip: the vast majority of humans never valued morals over economic expediency and self-enrichment.
>>
People just need to grow up and accept their suffering. There will always be serfs and aristocrats. The labels have just changed and life has become more comfortable. 95% of humans are still more or less serfs. Society is more stable and more pleasant (and your own life is too) when you just accept your lot.

>authoritarian fascist here
>>
>>25512984
What are doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, consultants, entrepreneurs, celebrities...
>>
>>25514215
>people are now getting arthritis, joint replacements, and ulcers in their 20s
>it's becoming "normal" for a woman in her 40s to not have kids and never have married
>for over 5 years straight, women have been getting more degrees at every level of education
>women 30 and under make more money than men 30 and under, and that age is creeping higher
>it's becoming common for women to have 50+ sexual partners before they hit 25
>>
>>25513032
A great deal (obviously not majority) do this, anon. Without wasting money. It's called living off investment property, or interest only investment portfolios, etc.
>>
>wake up
>sit on the internet all day
>be miserable
>do nothing to change it
>afraid of changing it
>being cucked by instant gratification
>doing anything without instant results is too hard/too much work

Why is this seen as acceptable? At what point were all of you cucked into believing this is the way you should spend your time
>>
>>25516196
Our glorious male-dominated empire is crumbling, anon.
>>
>>25516064
>accept their suffering
this is why youre a cuck
>>
>>25510553
This is why you have a life.
>>
>>25516260

>not accepting suffering in a world CLEARLY made of 99.99% pain
This is why you're miserable and a complainer
>>
>>25516246
I wake up, go for a walk, come home, read, and then work on my novels and novelas. Sometimes go camping. I mean, yeah, I'm not rich in finances, but I'm rich in time. I grow my own produce, which minimizes cost, and I eat healthy. I'm on pretty high-tier disability because of my tendency to wander at night and have major depressive disorder, but I am quite thankful I can live an artist-esque life without starving. Whether I leave anything memorable or notable behind? Nobody knows. Better for my mental health than continuously being a lever in some corporate enterprise.
>>
>>25516317
Seems like a pretty awesome life if you can afford it financially. Just don't criticize people who can't and have to work for a living.
>>
>>25516315
Pain doesnt exist, its just a sensory illusion caused by a specific chemical reaction in your brain to tell you which part of your body is messed up or to stop you from mutiliating yourself for the lulz. This world is actually numb with no feeling at all.
>>
File: 1433866462492.jpg (38KB, 369x252px) Image search: [Google]
1433866462492.jpg
38KB, 369x252px
>>25510553
When the kikes toke over

Make that money goyim, save up and maybe you'll have some you money left after all your medical bills when you retire
>>
File: 1443847493380.png (179KB, 405x406px) Image search: [Google]
1443847493380.png
179KB, 405x406px
>>25512634
>nothing will be handed to you

Except your wages, cuck
>>
>>25516370
>White people are so stupid that they're being ruled by the descendants of sheep herders and people who still believe in God in 2016
>>
>>25516338
Oh, yeah, I'm not one of those types of NEETs. I understand some people aren't eligible to sustain this lifestyle. Ideally, I'd like a literary work of mine to gain some traction, which discusses a world in which robotics and AI take over nearly every skill and job. Corporate enterprises are seized by the government. And all wealth is redistributed. And only a select few work for some higher incentive but everybody gets middle-class living.

It's obviously starry-eyed and just an environment of utopia.
>>
>>25516405
Might I had, those who do choose to work these monitoring jobs and government jobs only require to work 8 hour weeks, basically. Because of dense population, more rotation would be possible.
>>
File: 1451875332727.png (60KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1451875332727.png
60KB, 500x463px
We just work too much and don't have enough free time. We're chasing the carrot on a stick represented by economic growth instead of slowing down for a while and getting some rest.

If instead of working i.e 8 hours a day standard we worked 4 hours a day in the morning or in the evening, perhaps life would actually be enjoyable with work in the way.
I mean there are people who, between going to the workplace and getting back home, wake up when it's still dark and go home again in the dark, with only few hours to eat, perhaps finally have some time for themselves and then go to bed again. This is no way to live.
>>
File: 1435749390937-0.jpg (71KB, 691x694px) Image search: [Google]
1435749390937-0.jpg
71KB, 691x694px
>>25516394
Jews are an ethnicity, religion plays little part in their day to day actions unless they use it against us pic related

We are almost all decedents of farmers and sheep herders so?
>>
>>25516484
The problem is that most viable companies and corporations exist because there is a TON of demand for their services. (Think doctors, banks, technology, food, heavy industry). If a company like that said "oh we're only going to do 20 hours of work a week" they would lose customers and referrals and business connections as the demand gravitated to other firms.

As for the low-level employees of those in-demand companies, sure, maybe the company could just employ more of them and have them all work fewer hours, but then A. The company would have double the training and logistical human resources costs and B. the company likely would be incentivized to pay them all less, leading to stagflation and recession as wages dropped and prices rose.

Could we pass a law to make companies do this, much as unions won the 40-hour work-week in the early 1900s? Maybe. But it would also require rigorous price and wage controls and would essentially amount to a command economy.
>>
>>25516515
That picture is bullshit. If anything, the powers that be are facilitating a false "everyone is right" religion aka ecumenicalism where "Christians", Muslims and Pagans all join hands and sing kumbaya. In the near future, power is going to consolidate into a global government ruled from Europe until one man comes and overthrows this government and takes control of it himself. Look into the four kings prophecy of daniel.
>>
>>25516515
Oh well nothing you can do about that so just accept your jewish enslavement or pretend it doesnt exist like most normal people.
>>
>>25516653
There isnt gonna be a Europe in 25 years.
>>
File: 1436097377424.jpg (33KB, 585x390px) Image search: [Google]
1436097377424.jpg
33KB, 585x390px
>>25516720
This

Have you seen whats going on in europe?

It's litterly the culture clash in >>25516515
>>
>>25516769
Yes it will a islamic world in the future and the only whites that will exist are the ones in America but their numbers will at critically endangered levels.
>>
File: 1448821395662.jpg (203KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1448821395662.jpg
203KB, 960x1280px
>>25516791
Good I cant wait to put women in their place
>>
>>25516826
No white infidels like you will be on the chopping block for the chaos you have caused in the middle east.
>>
>>25516861
Chaos is everywhere the Jihadist goes. We just hurried it along a bit.
>>
I want libertarian kikes to leave
>>
>>25516196
>becoming common for women to have 50+ partners
Where are you getting your data from, Info wars?
>>
The secret is taking years off. Take a year off every seven years. You'll get to enjoy free time while you still have your health.

Ere and Mr money moustache have advice that worked for me. I've gone farther. I saved money like a maniac and have worked for two years at a time, taking a year off every three. Now I'm a stay at home dad.

Most people aren't capable of making the sacrifices needed to live an anti consumption, extreme early retirement lifestyle, though
>>
>>25516260
I'd rather be a cuck to the hierarchy than hold the delusion that human nature can be changed
>>
>>25512933
What do you do, bro? How do you explain away all those gaps in employment?
>>
>>25517226
This guy knows what's up. Everyone has the ability to retire early, but life is all about choices. And way too many people take the easy route, consuming well beyond their means. Then, when they hit old age, they're genuinely surprised that they don't have enough money to retire, even though they can't work anymore.

That's the reason why people harp on about it, because most people aren't even doing the minimum. To just dismiss retirement as something that's unimportant is setting yourself up for a hard life when you are at your most vulnerable.
>>
>dropped out of high school
>work random unskilled jobs and move a lot
>make good money because i'm alone
>play video games
>smoke weed
>do what i want
>am legitimately happy
>still despised and considered a loser fuckup fag by the family, and probably society in general, literally because i chose a different way to live

normies...
>>
>>25517481
This guy is wise
>>
>>25510553
>Not being temporary contract/part-time master race

Enough money to not be a NEET poorfag, enough free time to not be a chained wagecuck.

With temping you can work half the year and save enough to spend the other half travelling, learning, doing whatever you want, years off if you can stretch the money.

Part-timing is a four day weekend every week for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1429213231593.png (328KB, 960x801px) Image search: [Google]
1429213231593.png
328KB, 960x801px
>>25517657
What kind of jobs do you work?

I want your lifestyle.
>>
>>25512821
>I mean, come one, noone sees retirement as a goal, right?
it's literally my only goal apart from getting a gf
>>
File: NEETsubway.jpg (106KB, 410x409px) Image search: [Google]
NEETsubway.jpg
106KB, 410x409px
>Wageslave: I'll be rich someday! Just gotta work hard! Take out as many loans as possible so I can get rich!
>NEET: Hmm, I could continue the system of Usury or instead comfort myself with intellectual pursuits and inner peace.
>>
>>25517844

Just whatever. Brick laying, construction, waiting tables, working at an ice cream shop, etc. If you want to do that then just go on craigslist and fill out an assload of applications
>>
You say it like the working class has ever known anything else. It's been the same all throughout history.
>>
>>25517871
How much do you make a month on average?

I'd prefer stability over lots of random odd jobs but the goal is a small, comfy flat, and all the weed I can smoke.
>>
>>25516246
what the fuck else is there to do?
i have a job, it's shitty but i make enough to pay my basic expenses. i lift but i don't enjoy it i just don't want to be weak and flabby

how the fuck can i even enjoy life when no gf????
>>
>>25518061
>needing a gf to enjoy life

cuck
>>
>>25518061

Having a gf won't make you happy. You'll just be miserable with a gf.
>>
>>25518061
>the whole gf will make me happy meme

Christ why do I still expect different from
This board
>>
>>25518124
>>25518117
what will make me happy then? i never had a gf so i wouldnt know that it doesnt help. i just see other people willingly choosing to have gfs if they have the opportunity
>>
>>25518308
>>25518308
You see other people buying clothes and taking naps when they have the opportunity too. It doesn't mean those things are the end all be all key to happiness.

>ya silly dingbat
>>
>>25518453
well i would be unhappy if i was tired and had no clothes.
i also have no gf and i'm unhappy. i can't think of anything to do that would make me happy, except maybe have a gf not that i know from personal experience
>>
>>25510553
>being poor.
>not bejng born into wealth.
>having to work.
Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps like my parents did and work yourself to death.
>>
>>25518561
Perhaps its your lack of imagination and foresight/priorities that you're unhappy and posting in a thread for poorshits who hate work?
>>
>>25518752
well my future doesn't look any better. i will just be a bit more /fit/ and probably even more desperate for a gf.

as for priorities, i consider my health the most important thing followed closely by living debt free. health is a constant struggle upwards, i have no debt atm and i don't intend to get any. i guess my 3rd priority is happiness but i have absolutely no idea how the fuck i can get that. i can only think to get a gf but what if that doesn't work?
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.