[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no Medical/Health board yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Why is there no Medical/Health board yet?
>>
In theory, 4chan is a very, very good website. But in reality, it isn't so great. In theory, a medical help board would be great. In reality, false and misguided information would be everywhere. People could accidentally do great harm to themselves due to the "advice" they might be given. If people need help, they really should talk to a doctor, or at least a go to multiple, somewhat reputable websites to get a better idea of what's wrong or what they should do.

TL;DR: Don't trust the people on 4chan with your well-being.
>>
>>439238
>Medical/Health board
Because that isn't a hobby and that is actually a serious topic. It doesn't belong here at all for multiple reasons.
>>
>>439243
>In theory, 4chan is a very, very good website.

I'd love to know what theorist thought an anonymous website was a good idea, so I can punch them in the gut.
>>
It'd be a huge liability. Even a single an hero caused by (Let's be honest here, probably malevolent) advice given on a dedicated medical forum with no accountability (or proof of medical knowledge in the userbase) would leave 4chan open to legal action. Even if the first one didn't result in anything against the site, it could snowball into legislation that would then force /med/ to close to avoid future legal smackdowns.
>>
>>439495
Alternatively, it would end up like /an/, but replace "Bring it to a vet." with "Go to a doctor.", which would make the board pretty pointless.
>>
Why does this thread show up literally every goddamn week?

There is no /med/ because trolls and shitposters will shit it up and there's no way in hell 4chan wants to be liable for some retard dying due to "advice" he got from the board.
>>
/fit/ used to be
>>
>>439512
>dude stick a bowling pin up your butt i heard it cures cancer and gives you superpowers
>BREAKING: Homosexual man found dead in mother's basement, age 34
>>
File: BuF31.jpg (103KB, 777x901px) Image search: [Google]
BuF31.jpg
103KB, 777x901px
>following 4chan's advice on anything
>specially on medical issues
>>
>>439279
Anonymous imageboards would be better if the userbase's weren't always so immature and underaged. The idea is good, until you realize how many people act when they don't have a name attached to them. And it only gets worse when the moderation can't keep up to clear the idiots out. Add extremely lax rules and the number of bans required before a permanent ban, PLUS relatively easy ban evasion, and you have a huge mess that believes it is supposed to be a mess.

It's a good idea. But most people are just stupid.
>>
>>439543
Hell, people act like complete immature idiots even when they have their own name, much less any name, attached to them. Just look at the nuclear waste sites that are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.

In short, people are going to be complete and utter idiots, no matter what.
>>
>>439542
>thinks mustard gas is one word

I'm not surprised he was dumb enough to almost kill himself. He was probably underage, too.
>>
>/med health/ board
>it's nothing but people shitposting, lying aboout what types of medication to take
>a handful of /fit/fags migrate there though
>eventually it morphs into a DUDE WEED board
>>
>>439966
>Just look at the nuclear waste sites that are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Don't forget YouTube and the comments you can find without effort there. It's like an unholy combination of the websites you mentioned.
>>
>>440452
ah yes, how could we forget about the infamous rotting cesspit that is YouTube comment sections where, if people don't like your opinion, they tell you, "You are wrong because you are a stupid fucking retard."
>>
>>439512
>>439542
We already have /adv/ and that's proven to be fine
>>
>>439238
/fit/ you pleb
>>
File: christie.jpg (464KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
christie.jpg
464KB, 3000x2000px
>>439243
Somebody told me to kill myself the other day, and I just can't see that kind of medical recommendation being okay.
>>
>>439238
Quest thread guy's posting slowed down.
>>
>>441136
It frees up more resources for the rest of us, stop being so selfish, think about the children
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.