[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did vidya culture stop being allowed on /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1446228928056.png (217KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446228928056.png
217KB, 480x480px
When did vidya culture stop being allowed on /v/?
>>
File: 1415059298312.jpg (72KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1415059298312.jpg
72KB, 719x719px
"Vidya culture" is just a buzzword people use to discuss off topic bullshit.

Take CWC for an example. Sure, it's fun to watch autism, but how the fuck is he linked to video games other than the blue-armed menace?
>>
>>439012
>Vidya culture does not exist
Epic meme
>>
>>439202
He didn't say that. It exists in that form, but it's instead used as a buzzword to discuss off topic bullshit.
>>
>>439234
Like what?
>>
>>439529
Twitter screencaps. E-celeb personal life drama. Complaining about "censorship" in media. Basically, things that look like video games at first, but aren't really about video games.
>>
>>439533
Well, no, they aren't video games. (Some) of them are video game culture. Deleting threads about your favorite Game Grumps episode doesn't make since because it falls under the umbrella of vidya culture.
>>
>>439618
But what about when the people in those threads decide to turn them into discussions about the lives of the people that play the games in the videos? That's when things go out of place. There's talking about games and things in games and even game development, and then there's discussing things that aren't actually about video games. When a thread is about people's personal lives, it's no longer about video games.
>>
>>439623
That's when mods can ban those that derail the thread
>>
>>439653
I've been wondering if that was the case... It's also using it as bait... I can't lie, that hurts. Painkillers exist, and they do help. Some of the undesirable people will always stick to a thread and keep their old habits/behaviors with them anyway, won't they? And if a good portion of the people in a thread decide to act against what's good for a board, then new people will see that, and believe that is proper procedure in a thread with that topic, so things take a long time to change from when issues are first brought to light. It's mainly about some people feeling the need to uphold tradition that doesn't help the topic in question. Basically /v/'s subculture.
>>
>>439012
Most autists shouldn't really be discussed when they're only tangentially related to video games but I'm pretty sure CWC's got the grandfather clause in his favor
>>
Gabbity gibsmedat is vidya culture
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.