[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Rate these boards from best to worst:
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 10
File: ads.gif (998 KB, 500x314) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ads.gif
998 KB, 500x314
Rate these boards from best to worst:

/a/
/co/
/lit/
/mu/
/tv/
/v/
>>
/a/
/lit/
/mu/
/co/
/tv/
/v/

>but /a/ is horrible!
Mods and moot say it's the best so you can eat a dick.
>>
/lit/
/tv/
/a/
/co/
/mu/
/v/
>>
>>435980
/lit/
/co/
/mu/
/tv/
/v/
/a/
>>
/co/
/lit/
/a/
/mu/
/v/
/tv/
>>435987
That's not very good logic, but okay.
>>
/lit/
/a/
/co/
/mu/
/tv/
/v/
>>
>>436025
This is about right, although I really have not been feeling /lit/ lately.
>>
1. [s4s]
2. litterally every other board sempai
>>
>>435980
/lit/
/a/
/mu/
/tv/
/v/
>>
>>435987
My list is identical to this. Why do you care what moot/mods say though?
>>
/a/

/v/

/co/
/tv/

I had to remove the two boards I never go to.
>>
File: 1435176914302.gif (453 KB, 302x314) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435176914302.gif
453 KB, 302x314
>>435987
>/a/
>generals and ass pain
>good
>>
File: sode.png (15 KB, 211x197) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sode.png
15 KB, 211x197
>>436029
This is the only answer that makes sense in an insane thread.
>>
>>436014
Objectively the only right answer
>>436023
The only reason anyone would say/tv/ is worse than /v/ would be that the faggot saying it is a cancer /v/ poster.
>>
>>436207
introducing
>>
>/vg/
>not the worst board
>>
>>436223
I summon!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>436211
Pretty awful rationale. /tv/ used to be my main board. Now, I mainly use /co/ and /ck/. /v/ and /tv/ are both bad, but the former does have a higher level of discourse.
>>
/mu/
/tv/
/v/
/co/
/a/
/lit/
>>
/co/
/a/
/v/
/lit/
/mu/
/tv/

I ranked them in terms of shitposting, content created, and benefit to the typical hobby-goer. I decided not to adjest for board size since that is an indicator of quality. (not that it would have helped /lit/ anyway).
>>
/lit/ > every other board
>>
>>436270
/a/ is not beneficial to the typical hobby-goer, /wsr/ is way better at doing /a/'s job
>>
>>436297
...Shit, you're completely right. At least /v/ and /mu/ can eventually identify things that separate a great video game or album from the rest. New rankings:
/co/
/v/
/lit/
--quality skip--
/a/
/mu/
/tv/

I just went and checked up on /a/ and /mu/. /a/ at least has manga threads and DJT. /mu/ still has shitposting galore.
>>
>>436239
memefucker
>>436288
t. someone who only goes to /lit/, but is actually correct
>>436306
>>436270
why do you like /v/ so much this interests me

other than that good rankings lad

t. >>436025

>>436029
also correct

this thread reminds me of /mu/. it feels kinda nice.
>>
>>436325
lol you're right, rated it in order of funny shitposting which i LOVE

/a/ is full of shitposts however they're not funny and just centered around waifu crap
/lit/ hardly has shitposting
/co/ threads are funny sometimes
/tv/ is a fucking meme factory
/v/ is good, some boring threads but pretty great
but /mu/ holds a special place in my heart
>>
>>436330
ever been to [s4s] desu
/mu/ is so nice and wholesome, most of the time. tho sometimes it feels like /tv/.
/tv/ and /v/ sometimes feel bitter and mean.
but /tv/ sometimes gets these rushes of merriment and funposting. I like those.
i can't say i've really been to /co/. all i really know about it is that it produced both /sug/ and /mlp/
so there must be something in the water y'know. it's probably nice.
i sometimes like /a/'s shitposts. i guess they're only funny if your'rre into that kinda stuff tho.

i gotta say though that the 'musiqué/jam/musak/etc' and 'cinema/film/flick/etc.'
and the 'it's [some year]' threads are absolute meme achievements

sometimes i go on a tour and lurk other boards
but i usually just go to [s4s] and /lit/ these days.
covers my funposting and srs bsns posting pretty well.
>>
>>436342
holy shit dude nice
yeah /v/ is sometimes mean and some of the posters are assholes, same with /tv/ sometimes
but /mu/ is a super chill place with funposts galore, and /tv/ is great with the film/flick/kino stuff

/co/ is ok but funposting is harder because of strict mods, i got banned from all boards like 3 times because of a rick and morty bait thread (reddit and memey)
>>
>>436342
>>436347
and yeah [s4s] is great
i also like /r9k/ but recently it's been heading towards /soc/shit
i miss the /nigmusic/ threads and other funposts
>>
File: fallout 3.jpg (967 KB, 2006x2173) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fallout 3.jpg
967 KB, 2006x2173
>>436325
/v/ is good for identifying bullshit in games and knows what makes a good storyline & mechanics/controls. They force anyone who loves video games to be critical of games and not just suck the cocks of advertisers.
>>
>>436349
Probably why Undertale rustles their jimmies so much. They can't find anything to criticize so all they can do is baselessly accuse people of shilling. Because apparently it's impossible that a game could be so good that people genuinely love it.
>>
>>436348
>i also like /r9k/ but recently it's been heading towards /soc/shit

You're clearly new to this site. /r9k/ has been that way for years. In the first place it's the reason why /soc/ was created, to try and take that kind of discussion off the board. But board culture cannot be changed that easily.
>>
>>436355
i know /r9k/ has been that way, but 2015 June-December was great
i wish they would disable the robot, it does nothing
>>
>>435980
/a/
/v/
/tv/
/co/
/mu/-/lit/ both are shit.

/mu/ have nothing interesting going on.
/lit/ is reddit tumblr.
>>
>>436363
reddit and tumblr are polar opposites
>>
>>436364
imagine.
>>
>>436372
they seriously are
take a look at /r/news, /r/worldnews, /r/european

a lot of /pol/cucks there who get triggered if you don't share their views and call you a "cuck" and "SJW"
>>
>>435980
Weird meme/pre cuckening /tv/
/co/
/mu/
/lit/
/a/
post cuckening /tv/
/v/
>>
>>435980
/lit/ even though they constatly spill spaghetti or call perfectly good books memes, which irks me. has no critical sense
/co/ because even after the comics world went into the sjw shitter it still remained sorta good
/tv/ has decent discussions sometimes but it's too messy for me, too many shitposts in there, also see /lit/
/a/ is definitely sub-par, this rise in elitism is annoying and all they do is post umaru, 2008 impact memes with recent filenames and talk about one punch man. discussion is impossible like in /v/, mostly shit taste
/mu/ has a tumblr-core avant-teen audience. a guy noticed my lowest rated artist on RYM where black and kept putting up how much i'm a racist and replied me with mac miller tweets. i'm not racist
/v/ despite being messy it comes up with a great percentage of board culture (inb4 muh /b/ 2.0) and lots of OC, which makes me laugh the most. no discussion but good

overall best boards for discussion: /3/, /o/, /out/
worst boards: /b/, /r9k/, /x/
most entertaining boards: /v/, /fit/, [s4s]
>>
/co/
/v/
/tv/
/mu/
/lit/
/a/
>>
>>435980

1. /lit/: Most reasonable discussion, sadly probably the smartest of these boards.
2. /mu/: Edgy fags that nonetheless at least have good discussions from time to time
3. /co/: Meh
4. /tv/: Shitposting and memes for the most part, but at least people here have reasonable discussions about new shows and movies sometimes.
5. /v/: Contrarian faggots with massive spillover from /a/. Terrible board, hard to have a discussion about anything, nonstop praise of bottom of the barrel fanservice garbage from Japan, incessant whining about the SJW boogeyman and "censorship", more obsessed with NEET politics than video games.
6. /a/: Cesspit, irredeemable, might as well burn it to the ground. Just a bunch of utter wastes fawning over moe anime all day and arguing about dumb shit like who is the cutest. Worst board on 4chan, let alone out of those 6. Impossible to have a decent discussion, 95% shitposting.
>>
>>436349
hmmm. i can appreciate this.
>>
>>436462
good post, very true
>>
>>435980
From best to worst:
> /tv/ - 9/10
> /v/ - 8/10
> /a/ - 5/10
> /co/ - 3/10
> /mu/ - 2/10
> /lit/ - 0/10

/mu/ and /lit/ are both cancer but goddamn /lit/ is fucking terrible
>>
>>435980
/lit/ >> /mu/ > /a/ >>> /co/ >>>>> ulcer >>>> /v/ > /tv/
>>
There seems to be some confusion in this thread with some people trying to claim that boards like /lit/ are decent. You are all wrong, here is the correct groupings of the boards that i have visited.

Great boards:
>/pol/
> /tv/
> /v/
> /his/

Good boards:
> /a/
> /fit/
> /g/
> /news/
> /sci/
> /wg/

Meh boards:
> /b/ (sometimes)
> [s4s]
> /vg/
> /k/
> /r9k/
> /co/

Shit boards:
> /b/ (most of the time)
> /lit/ (worst board on the site as far as i can tell)
> /mu/
>/qa/
> /lgbt/
> /soc/
> /r/
> /int/

Good porn boards:
> /aco/
> /gif/

Bad porn boards:
All of the other ones
>>
>>436484
how is /mu/ edgy? there is a lot of shitposting but it's in jest
>>
>>436548
oops, made a mistake. /a/ belongs in the "meh boards" category. /a/ is not a good board.
>>
thread tldr

>>435980
On the list, /v/ and /tv/ are (probably) the worst of them. I did make a thread on /v/ last year that had no shitposting in it, though.
>>
>>436548
>/pol/
>great
shit taste
it used to be great but since gamergate it's been fucking trash
>>
/a/ can be decent sometimes
/lit/ doesn't have shitposting at all
/mu/ has terrible threads most of the time. Although, generals and the sharethreads make the board worth browsing
/tv/ has almost 0 discussion of anything, but it makes decent memes
/v/ is a fucking pathetic baord. The memes are terrible and the discussions are even worse. /vg/ and /vr/ are better tho.
I haven't touched /co/ yet.
>>
>>436560
It used to be much better but it's still great.
>>
>there are people who think /co/ is a good board

Most of the shitposting and bait threads are the same boring reposts, it's overrun by generals, adaption threads and the mods & janitors are either extremely lazy or incompetent.

The only good thing about it is Win-O threads, almost everything else is shit.
>>
>>436538
If this list isn't bait kill yourself
>>
>>436548
what exactly makes /lit/ the worst board? I can't think of anything too reprehensible about it that doesn't apply to other boards as well
>>
/lit/
/a/
/co/
/mu/
/v/
/tv/
>>
>>436661
Every single thread I have been in devolved into smug arguments about who knew more about a given topic and some even devolved into: "How well read can you be, you can't even use a semi-colon properly?" shit (This literally happened in a thread about Orwell, i am not exagerating). II have been in dozens of threads and i found interesting discussion only once. That's fine, most boards don't have interesting discussion, but if you don't have interesting discussion then you have got to have entertaining banter or funny memes or something else to i've some enjoyment to using the board.

I don't like /lit/ at all. It's not entertaining, or interesting or funny. It's intolerable.
>>
>>436642
The only mistake i made was giving /a/ too high a score. Everything else is true, not my fault that you have shit taste
>>
I am rating them by relevance and knowledge on the subject.

1 - /a/
2 - /lit/
3 - /v/
4 - /mu/
5 - /tv/
6 - /co/

/a/ is the place to go for current anime discussion on the internet, they have a solid foundation on the underground industry here, with the big names all posting on /a/, they basically shape the anime underground industry.

/lit/ is almost like /a/, but there are other places where the real discussion happens, it's not like they can have a impact on the underground industry, mainly because it's a new board with an old medium, compared with the rest.

/v/ is a strange place, they have a substantial understanding of the medium compared with the rest of the mainstream internet, but the quality of the board is very poor, with a lot of real shills and off topic threads taking half of the board at times. It only get's third place because it's alternatives are all worse.

The rest is basically on the same level with the rest of the internet.
>>
>>436737
Stay out, entry level pleb
>>
>>436828
Don't worry i will. And so will every other person who doesn't have the autism required for the levels of faggotry displayed on that cancerous board.
>>
/a/
/tv/
/lit/
/v/
/mu/
>>
>>436880
I forgot to put /co/ last.
>>
/lit/
/mu/
/tv/
/a/
/v/
>>
>>436882
you put it second.
>>
>>436796
Alternatives to /mu/ please ?
>>
>>437359
There are literally no alternative to /mu/. Maybe KanyeToThe and RapGenius but those are based around hip-hop only. /r/music is shit and slow
>>
/a/
/lit/ = /mu/
/co/

/v/
/tv/
>>
>>436661

Because it's a board that requires some level of intelligence and restraint and he's a grade A shitposter. You should have realized this when he listed /pol/, /tv/, and /v/ as the best boards on 4chan. He's basically on team /toilet/.
>>
>>437664
Hurtful>>437664
>>
File: 1449760271369.png (841 KB, 750x854) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449760271369.png
841 KB, 750x854
Best:
/co/ - All the genuine love for comics and cartoons and the overall savvy userbase but without the vitriol and xenophobia of other 4chan boards

Good:
/a/ and /tv/ - Boards full of dedicated discussion that is a nice mixture of insightful and hilarious. /a/ wins points for its breadth and depth of understanding regarding its subject matter. /tv/ is probably one of the funniest boards on 4chan that consistently produces some of 4chan's best memes and in-jokes.

Worst:
/mu/ - it used to be good but the Fagthony Fagtano influence ruined it and now it's just a place for people to unironically like rap music

Worse than worst:
/lit/ - just a big high school reading list circlejerk full of people who don't actually read books.

Disclosure:

/a/ is my home board. I used to post on /mu/ a lot in the late 00s when it was focused on indie music, and recently lost interest. I go on /co/ and /tv/ when there's something relevant that I want to discuss but I don't browse them a whole lot. As for /lit/, I was excited when the board was invented but quickly disillusioned by the fact that /lit/ posters don't really read books and most of them are just first-year university students who want to discuss what they learned in Philosophy 101.
>>
>>436661
>what exactly makes /lit/ the worst board? I can't think of anything too reprehensible about it that doesn't apply to other boards as well

There's a very narrowly accepted definition of "literature" which means that they only talk about a handful of things they all have in common. They don't actually read, let alone read or discuss living authors. Which betrays the fact that the people having the conversations on /lit/ are predominantly university students in their very early twenties at the oldest who want to pat each other on the back about knowing who Thomas Pynchon is.
>>
>>438719
>Good:
>/a/
stopped right there, /a/ is a /v/ tier board run by mlp mods
>>
>>438735
/v/ is a better board than /mu/ and /lit/.
>>
>>436661
Imagine if /mu/ and /a/ were nothing but 3x3 threads and discussions of the "classics" and judgments about one another's taste, and that's roughly what /lit/ is like.
>>
>>438719
>Best:
>/co/ - All the genuine love for comics and cartoons and the overall savvy userbase but without the vitriol and xenophobia of other 4chan boards
Ha! If only what you said was true.
>>
>>436023
a little adjustment to your list
/co/ without /tv/ threads(cape movies and such)
/lit/
/a/
/mu/
/v/
/co/ with /tv/ threads
/tv/
>>
>>436462
>a guy noticed my lowest rated artist on RYM where black and kept putting up how much i'm a racist and replied me with mac miller tweets
holy shit this is hilarious
>>
>>436595
storytimes and win-o make it automatically the best board on 4chan after /e/ and /r/
>>
>>438813
>/r/
>1000 threads of "Got more of her?" and "Please photoshop tits on my facebook friends"
>>
>>438735
Please don't compare that cesspool called /v/ to /a/. Though I agree the mlp mod known as Troid is a massive faggot
>>
/co/ might be the best board. Good discussions and very little trolling. Nice atmosphere.

I say this as someone who hates SJWs, by the way.
>>
>>438719
>high school reading list
As if. Lurk moar.
>>
>>438730
It's actually very broad-- it definitely includes most everything before 1950. After... well, do you read genre fiction? There's no art to that, y'know. And hell, people are starting to meme against Pynchon now. They do actually read, y'know-- that they don't and just spend all day shitposting there is just a meme.
>>
File: 1450385295773.png (166 KB, 343x343) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450385295773.png
166 KB, 343x343
/lit/
/mu/
/co/
/tv/
/v/
/a/
>>
/lit/ is pure shit. I don't know why I still go there. /tv/ too, but for different reasons.

/his/ is ok and /r9k/ is hilarious in a sad way.
>>
/lit/
/a/
/mu/
-POWERGAP-
/co/
/v/
/tv/
/lit/ beats /a/ because /a/ becomes a hipster breeding ground when something gets popular.
Both /v/ and /tv/ are horrible but /v/ is better because it doesn't get flooded by Star Wars and memes.
>>
>>436796
>/a/ is the place to go for current anime discussion on the internet, they have a solid foundation on the underground industry here, with the big names all posting on /a/, they basically shape the anime underground industry

Hahaha waht the fuck
/a/ is just a hugbox for waifufags
>>
>>438719
This list is so wrong in so many ways
>>
File: 1438524015391.png (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438524015391.png
136 KB, 300x300
>>438922
>y'know
>y'know

I don't mean genre fiction. Could you name any non-American living authors that /lit/ actually discusses? All I see are the odd attempt for one anon to start a thread about Salman Rushdie or Yann Martel or Orhan Pamuk and they end up going nowhere because, again, anons don't read anything outside of their school curriculum.
>>
>>439388
Search for the word "Contemporary"

>>>/lit/7671569
example
>>
/a/ (If you think the quality on /a/ is bad because they discuss moe then you're an idiot.)
/lit/
/co/
/v/
/mu/
/tv/
>>
>>439422
You are fucking stupid
>>
>>439425
No rebuttal I see.

I'm actually pretty curious why you're mad, so I don't really want a counterargument but just a reason why.
>>
File: 1454818641185.jpg (24 KB, 335x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454818641185.jpg
24 KB, 335x371
>>439369
But it's true, they know a lot about anime and all the big names post there, every sub group leader is a tripfaggot there, the creator of fakku is a tripfaggot, and exhentai too, they even get a Q&A basically every month with some anime directors and manga artists.
>>
/mu/ /lit/
---
/v/ /a/ /co/ /tv/

Messed up on the last one.
>>
>>438813
/r/ is nothing but x-ray and photoshop cum onto her face threads. It's fucking shit
>>
>>439560
>they know a lot about anime
Oh pls, most people barely watched 100 series

Adn threads about series older than 5 years that are not waifu bait get very few replies
>>
>>439560
>every sub group leader is a tripfaggot there

You say this like it's a big deal. Sub groups these days are just people who steal the official subs for e-penis and claim they made them.
>>
>>435980
/a/
/v/
*
/co/
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 10
Thread DB ID: 502148



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with the post's information.