[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we remind newfags that 4chan is an anime website?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1450165447840.png (172KB, 650x605px) Image search: [Google]
1450165447840.png
172KB, 650x605px
>>
Banners and ads seem to drive it home pretty fine. You can go wherever you want here but are always reminded of what the site is founded for and caters to.

Anyone just discovering 4chan and reading up on it sees moot made it for anime discussion and sold it to a Japanese guy to bring it back to its roots in his words. Thus it stands to reason that you will find anime has a wide influence on the site. It is not all-dominating otherwise other topical boards wouldn't exist, but you're just plain blind/braindead if you have seen/learned these things and think the place isn't anime-leaning.

To say otherwise about 4chan's origin and focus is just willful ignorance, albeit a lot of people do precisely that.
>>
>4chan was an anime website

Fixed it for you
>>
>>435831
Everyone knows that this is an anime website, they just pretend it isn't to make you weebs mad.
>>
>say anime and anime posters are shit
>guaranteed replies every time
>>
File: 1407659419451.jpg (24KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
1407659419451.jpg
24KB, 266x200px
>>435831
You don't. It hasn't been an anime site in over a decade.
>>
>>435831
Anime website? What?
>>
Delete /q/ 2.0
>>
You're talking about 4chans PAST, we're talking about 4chans PRESENT. This is currently not an anime website.
>>
>>435925
lmao
>>435889
lmao
>>435887
lmao
>>435861
lmao
>>
>>435974
The board rankings mean things. You should look into them.
>>
File: 2.png (146KB, 644x635px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
146KB, 644x635px
>>435887
>>
>>435977
lmao
>>
You nuke the shitty normalfag boards like /fit/, /sp/, /soc/ etc.
>>
>>435986
>/fit/
>/sp/
>normalfag
>>
>>436007
weebs have their own definition of the word.
>>
>>436007
>>436010
The posters might be a mix of normals and losers like myself, but the subjects themselves are normalfag pastime.
>>
File: 1390962249329.jpg (6KB, 251x260px) Image search: [Google]
1390962249329.jpg
6KB, 251x260px
>>436015
All I know is that the thread yesterday with the weeb supremacists from /a/ arguing with the neonazis from /pol/ about which one was more of a normalfag and the meaning of the word 'normie' was comedy gold.
>>
>>435831
Direct them to http://tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_4chan
>>
>>435974
Fuck off tranny tripfag
>>
>>436095
What is it you think that proves? If anything it proves this isn't an anime site anymore.
>>
>>436102
lmao
>>
>>436095

That doesn't prove his point at all. The only vague connection would be that it was inspired by Japanese sites. Just because it took inspiration from Japanese sites does not mean it's an anime website. Neither Futaba, 2ch, Ayashii, or any of those other places were focused around anime. Look at the Ayashii one for example. That sounds like just a general proto-/b/ site. Can't really comment on that site as I've never been there, but nothing hints at it being about anime.

So, sorry to be the one to bring ya bad news, slick, but 4chan never was an anime site to begin with. Anime was part of it, yes, and it was inspired by Japanese sites, but that doesn't make it a weeb site at all. Never was, and likely never will be. There are imageboards out there which are focused around anime which you may want to find, but 4chan ain't it.
>>
How many fucking threads do we need about this? We must have 15 of these already
>>
>>435831
Was. Nice bait btw tbqhwu lad desu anon-sanhakaseeggrorrsudoku desu. People are actually biting.
>>
>>435831
4chan hasn't been an anime website since 2005 when edgy 14 year olds that had nothing to do with anime invaded. Today the top 3 boards on the site, /b/, /v/ and /pol/ have nothing to do with anime.
>>
>>436570
All of them are containment boards to keep the cancer out tho.
>>
>>435831
By stop shitposting with anime images.
>>
>>436585
>I don't know what containment board means
lmao
>>
>>436658
>/b/
rule 3

>/pol/
rule 3: keep /pol/ in /pol/ (no idea why they removed that line because the mods still enforce it).

>/v/
a shit board that nobody likes. It keeps out the underageb& reddit teens.

>/a/
A board that is genuinely liked by the mods, Hiro, and a majority of the 18+ userbase.
>>
>>436669
>A board that is genuinely liked by incompetent cucks, a data seller and smug autistic cunts
lmao
>>
>>436695
My point has been proven.
>>
>>436699
>smug autistic cunts
So was mine
>>
>>436669
No one except /a/ likes /a/
>>
>>436669
>A board that is genuinely liked by the mods, Hiro, and a majority of the 18+ userbase.

- Mods liking /a/? How do you know what boards they like?
- qa/ is Hiros favourite board.
- "a majority of the 18+ userbase" liking /a/? Source on that?
>>
File: 2016.png (388KB, 1582x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
388KB, 1582x900px
>>436715
Seriously, fuck off. Go back to your autistic circlejerk on cripplechan.

>>436718
Wrong. Only autistic people can't handle an anime reaction image.

>>436719
>How do you know what boards they like?

They are quite open about it. This is why only /a/ received a special treat for New Year's eve.

>/qa/ is Hiros favourite board

Only because he's clueless, even though he's the former admin of 2ch.

>Source on that?

/a/ represents pre-2011 4chan, and they don't throw an autistic fit every time they bump into anime.
>>
>>435925
Yes, this is currently reddit 2.0
And we need to push out the reddit
And since /a/ is the only board left which resembles its past all other non anime related boards should be deleted
That way it will be like what 4chan was pre 2010
>>
>>436921
>>436789
You sound like you got here from /r/anime last summer.
>>
But 4chan is actually a meme distribution network and anime memes make people call me a nerd on facebook
>>
>>436922
Im not the other guy nor i sound like i got here from r/anime
If you dont like anime you should fuck off from 4chan and never come back
>>
>>436925
I think anime is Jew shit and Jew's should leave us alone
>>
>>436925
lel, it's like you think it's still 2005.

Go back to your containment board, weeb
>>>/a/
>>
>>436930
Why would you use kek instead of lel? Think about it. It doesn't mean anything, its just the modification of the actual acronym lol. You don't even know why you use it. Somewhere, sometime you saw a few people post it and hopped right on board. Too mainstream for lol right? Thats so old, its meaning makes sense but you dont feel comfortable expressing your approval of things on the internet with the common old "lol" thats been around for so long. You'll man up and use the purposely misspelled version with no discernible humor or purpose besides making you look like a complete idiot while you maintain the false concept that other people find it amusing or appropriate and using purposely misspelled words shows the world that youre not afraid of anything and are part of some grand inside joke that no one finds funny. Theres a lot going through your head, but you realize I am right. You will try though, to get the best of this exchange. What are you going to go for? Newfag? Summer? oh damn there are so many options to choose from. An implication that I'm underage perhaps? Thats always fresh. Maybe you'll just shut down. I think you should go with something about butthurt or being mad or even comment on the length of the unproportionally long comment that so swiftly brought to your attention that you are a faggot that tries oh so hard to fit in. Careful though, is this even oc? Tsk tsk hard to say dont want to get embarrassed anon. I'm sure you could find some grammar or spelling errors as a last resort. I cant wait, Its always fun playing insult roulette
>>
>>436931
at least copy the right one
>>
>>436922
You sound like you ran out of arguments
>>
>>436962
Arguments are for people who are wrong, and I'm right.
>>
>>436963
about what?
>>
File: Op the cocksucker.jpg (116KB, 411x381px) Image search: [Google]
Op the cocksucker.jpg
116KB, 411x381px
>>435831
You don't, people like you managed to be worse the the people who come here to complain about anime.
>>
File: 1443747633414.jpg (42KB, 336x392px) Image search: [Google]
1443747633414.jpg
42KB, 336x392px
>>436789
>why people troll /a/: the post
>>
>>435831
reminding them of what once was does not mean it will be again

>>>/a/ dumbshit animeposter
>>
WE WUZ WEEBS N SHIET
>>
>>436789
Are zou that raging /a/utist from the other threead?
>>
>>435974
>laughing at people questioning 4chan is for animes
>it's an anonymous imageboard
>is a tripfag

Decide yourself.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.