[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when /a/ got anally destroyed? It's satisfying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 259
Thread images: 24

File: 1424141976218.png (30KB, 1841x135px) Image search: [Google]
1424141976218.png
30KB, 1841x135px
Where were you when /a/ got anally destroyed? It's satisfying to finally see /a/utists taken down a peg. For years the whole site had to eat the mod's shit with no say in the matter while /a/ could "self moderate" what went on its board.
>>
She smelled like some kind of cinnamon shampoo - and sushi, he wasn't sure why he liked it though. "Alright then - you ready for round 2, kid?" Undyne shifted her weight down a bit more, and her crotch slid against the hardening bulge in his pants that he hadn't noticed until now.
>>
File: CSSr-gkUkAAnDDW.jpg (47KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
CSSr-gkUkAAnDDW.jpg
47KB, 600x489px
>>435409
About time /a/ got roasted tbqh OP. The place is a bastion of egotistical newfags that don't realize their secret club is actually one of the most popular weeb spergfests around.
>>435422
Why can't western artists into sexually attractive character designs as well as nips? I know that character is just some Undertale shit but it's something I've noticed over the years with cartoons, games and other bollocks. It's fucking bizarre.
>>
>>435431
If you don't find Undyne sexually attractive then I'm afraid your taste is complete shit.
>>
>>435409
It is nice to see mods show some backbone for once against people that want to bend rules.
>>
>>435409
Wish they would have done the same thign for the nipple shit but oh lord the biggest newfag only here for the epic memes had to start a "discussion" and give the kids their way again.
>>
>>435409
Too bad the /co/cksucker mod decision means fucking nothing, because every thread is still going to get shitposted and that very thread got shitposted to 1000 posts. Other board mods have tried this before and it means nothing as it'll be overturned.
>>
>>435450
And you will be banned for doing so.
>>
>>435454
Only until the mod gets fucking destroyed again for trying to force something on a board that doesn't want it and its culture.
>>
>>435409
I don't really care. The thing is, as long as mods don't respond any ANY matter then the userbase is technically always right. You can't blame them.

The fact it took this long for them to say anything shows how shitty the mod situation is in reality.
>>
>>435454
That is still not going to change much. See the whole nipplegate thing. People were banned over and over but people still posted. You will find the same will happen with RWBY threads on /a/ meaning that there is going to be no discussion about RWBY but instead spam, shitposting, bitching and meta in every thread.
>>
>>435482
If mods try, they can win in the end. Just like they beat Gamergate.
>>
>>435483
Like they beat /a/ with banning loli and nipples, and the time they tried to keep toonami on /a/?
>>
>>435484
If they wanted to, they could enforce all of that. They're just lazy, but if they actually tried, it would be easy.
>>
>>435485
The fact you think they could shows you weren't here for any of those. They literally couldn't. The only reason gg was removed was because it mostly composed of stupid newfags, redditards and stupid twelve year olds who have no understanding or knowledge of the site.
>>
>>435489
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>435489
>The only reason gg was removed was because it mostly composed of stupid newfags, redditards and stupid twelve year olds who have no understanding or knowledge of the site
[citation needed]
Pretty much the entirety of GooberGate were oldfags.
>>
>>435648
No, it wasn't. Anyone older than 2009 knew it was cancerous activism shit, exactly like Chanology. Do you 8gaggers really believe that you're all "oldfags"? Christ.
Someone post that "the day /v/ went to war" that people unironically posted. The one with the reddit logo on /v/'s shoulder
>>
>>435652
>Anyone older than 2009 knew it was cancerous activism shit
>4chan is one person

>The one with the reddit logo on /v/'s shoulder
You mean before this Reddit boogeyman cancer was a thing? Was that image even made by us?
>>
>Where were you when /a/ got anally destroyed?
By the mod who has zero say in what is and isn't allowed on the board?
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 800x427px
>>435656
Reddit was an insult as early as 2008. I have screencaps on my PC of people using it. Also I said nothing about 4chan being one person, all I said is that nobody who was around for Chanology participated in GamerGate. It's newfag shit.
And yes, that image was made and updated by people on /v/. Here we go, I found it.
>>
>>435661
>all I said is that nobody who was around for Chanology participated in GamerGate. It's newfag shit
There you go doing it again. Being an oldfag doesn't stop you from participating in this shit. It's completely autistic to say only newfags would get into it. Fuck, the average attitude on infinitychan's /v/ is more like your oldfag from 4chan than /v/ is here now.
>>
>>435667
>infinitychan
Go back to 8gag.
>>
>>435482
>there is going to be no discussion about RWBY but instead spam, shitposting, bitching and meta in every thread.

Just like what happened with Naruto?
>>
This is how a board dies. First shonenshit, now Western animation.
>>
>>435667
No, it's not. Stop trying to claim oldfag cred. As someone who's been here since 2005, I can say with 100% honestly that 8gag's /v/ is the farthest thing from what /v/ was like at any point in its life. Stop trying to pretend you're an expert on things you weren't around for.
>>
>>435661
>Reddit was an insult as early as 2008.
This is NOT true at all. The reddit insults started in 2012-2013 (my personal guess)
>>
>>435704
Are you really going to pretend /v/ is better here than there? The small amount of users just makes it more reminisce of old /v/.
>>
File: 209.jpg (45KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
209.jpg
45KB, 600x484px
>>435704
>Stop trying to claim oldfag cred. As someone who's been here since 2005
>>
>>435454
>And you will be banned for doing so.
When has that EVER changed anything?
>>
>>435719
When dynamic IPs weren't common.
>>
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/78804839/#78805045

https://desustorage.org/co/thread/78740436/#78740767

>>>/co/78740767
>>>/co/78805045

Mods are biased in favor of cartoons

Fuck this site, thanks Hiro
>>
>>435775
Don't different mods monitor specific boards? It stands to reason that a mod that watches over /co/ would watch cartoons.
>>
>>435788
They are global, there COULD be a slightly tendency for them to browse some specific boards, but they are still global
>>
>>435661
>Reddit was an insult as early as 2008. I have screencaps on my PC of people using it
No, you don't. I never saw anyone complaining about Reddit before 2011. Reddit wasn't even popular until the Digg exodus in 2010.

2008? That's the Gaia/Ebaums era.
>>
File: 1230994297013.jpg (159KB, 1580x569px) Image search: [Google]
1230994297013.jpg
159KB, 1580x569px
>>435799
>No, you don't. I never saw anyone complaining about Reddit before 2011

Funny you should mention Digg, since this cap mentions both websites. Also, moot has had a reddit account since 2007, so clearly it was at least known before 2010.
>>
>>435812
Cool cap, but one dude complaining about Reddit and Digg isn't equivalent to a culture-wide aversion toward them. Most people at that point didn't care about Digg or even know what Reddit was. They were certainly not boogeymen like reddit is today or Gaia was at that time.

Look at Reddit and Digg. They got maybe a few mentions a month, many neutral.
http://desustorage.org/_/search/text/reddit*/order/asc/

Then compare it to Gaia back then. Several mentions a day, almost all of the "get out" variety:
http://desustorage.org/_/search/text/gaia*/order/asc/
>>
>>435821
Now you're changing the goalpost. I said that Reddit was used as an insult as early as back then, not that it was anywhere near a site wide hatred. I have more as well, though you're definitely right in saying that not many people gave a shit about it.
The thing that always kind of struct me as odd about the "go back to r3d1t" insults as opposed to the gaia one is that originally people were coming from Gaia, but "go back" was still an insult far after anyone was coming from Gaia anymore. The Reddit shit is almost the opposite, it started being an insult long before any of those retards were actually coming from there, and in a way I think it almost encouraged them to come, because they felt like people here gave a shit about them. Though the site has completely exploded since 2011; back around 2011 there were only 60k active people and 40GB of content active, now the userbase is double that actively and the content is like half a terrabyte.
>>
>>435829
Those few insults were independent from the way Reddit would eventually come to be treated. They could have not existed and things would have gone exactly the same. You can search any random relatively popular site from the late 00s and find it mentioned on 4chan somewhere. This culture-wide hatred of Reddit developed because Reddit exploded in popularity in 2011 and so it became a part of the 4chan consciousness.
>>
>>435846
This desu.
>>
>>435409
HAHAHAHA

WEEB STATUS: KEKED!
>>
>>435667
>Being an oldfag doesn't stop you from participating in this shit.
No, it very much would. Someone who was around for chanology, wouldn't even fucking consider participating in GG. It might be a foreign concept to you, but it's called learning from your mistake. And GG was just as much cancer as chanology. The majority of ggniggers weren't oldfags and I seriously doubt there was any oldfags who were around for chanology days participating.
>>
>>436037
Seconding this. GG is activist moralfaggotry, plain and simple.
>>
>>435691
Its not his fault moot/mods were so afraid of the whole thing they filter 8ch's site as spam.
>>
>>436037
>Someone who was around for chanology, wouldn't even fucking consider participating in GG
You can't be right. Because I thought chanology was for faggots (like soc) but gg is fine because my vydia games.

This us/them + IMTHEHISTORIAN isn't an intellegent stance to take on an anonymous image board
>>
>>435829
>The Reddit shit is almost the opposite, it started being an insult long before any of those retards were actually coming from there,
You are most certainly mistaken, individual who may post on a other website.
>>
>>437798
>show I've posted on 4chan for years
>calls me a redditor
Neck yourself you dumb cunt, I don't even give a shit about that site you post 2011 faggot
>>
File: 1452325020980.jpg (80KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
1452325020980.jpg
80KB, 574x574px
Oh look another thread revealing peoples insecurity over /a/.

Why don't you guys take a break and go cry about /pol/, you deserve it.
>>
File: 1433871304985.jpg (101KB, 1004x988px) Image search: [Google]
1433871304985.jpg
101KB, 1004x988px
>>437907
>when you're asspained over your infantile hobby being shat on but don't want anyone to know
>>
>>435433
If you like Undertale I'm afraid your taste is shit
>>
Meanwhile pedophiles are discussing 3D CP is with no problem.

/a/utists are something else.

>>>/a/137196667
>>
>>435482
Yeah just like Naruto right? OH WAIT LMAO
>>
>>435454
Already been there, done that.

This is just going to make backlash worse. Nice going.
>>
>>438805
>Meanwhile pedophiles are discussing 3D CP is with no problem.
>hes surprised people can talk about cp perfectly fine here
Is this your first day here or something? It's against the rules, but people do it all the time on every fucking board. Kill yourself, thinskin.
>>
>>438805
Was expecting more people to be discussing it with what you said, but turns out it was just two people and the rest ignoring them or telling them to fuck off or go see a doctor etc. Mods did right in deleting it though, as the thread was derailed by that point.
>>
The mods are completely right here. I hate RWBY's fanbase and browse /a/ as my main board but rules are rules. As long as the discussion does not delve into the show, the thread should be allowed, as long as it does not turn into another general.
>>
File: 1450751918680.gif (1MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
1450751918680.gif
1MB, 540x303px
>>435409
I was on other boards to see other mods shitpost and attempt to destroy board cultures.
>>
>>439610
>WOW SHE MUST BE STRONG SHE CAN DEFLECT BULLETS AND KNIVES AND MAGIC WITH HER PINKY WHILE YAWNING!!!
God I hate anime.
>>
>>439674
I was highly impressed by that anime's martial arts skills.
>>
>>439674
She's a fucking vampire, dude. This isn't exclusive to anime.
>>
>>435409
I love seeing /a/ get rekt

they're a bunch of cucks t͏bh f͏am
>>
What the hell is going on. I swear it's mocking me and I think I'm getting subliminal messages, but I can't quite figure out the meaning.
>>
>>439823
>t͏bh f͏am

Is it... unfiltered?

baka desu senpai
>>
>>439599
>The mods are completely right here
No they aren't, they are wrong. RWBY is 100% /co/ material, no one one /a/ wants it on /a/ and last I heard, it's general in /co/ is literal cancer that not even /co/ wants and the general is having cancer fight with cancer over what cancer can be posted. We don't need those retards on /a/.

Just because something is 'board related' doesn't mean it should be posted or allowed.
>>
>>439842
>it's general in /co/ is literal cancer that not even /co/ wants

All generals on /co/ are cancer.
>>
File: 1453067383353.jpg (12KB, 292x282px) Image search: [Google]
1453067383353.jpg
12KB, 292x282px
>>439599
The reason why >>435409 is so infuriating is because it shows that the mod in question is either actively hostile towards /a/ or literally retarded.

Yeah, RWBY manga is a manga, and /a/ is a board where manga discussion goes to. But a very large portion of people on /a/ despise RWBY and they will keep shitposting those threads for as long as they exist, and even if the mod babysits them 24/7 it won't help since everyone knows how easy it is to circumvent bans.

Here is the thread where the OP's image is from: https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136925439/
Look at the amount of deleted posts. And people kept circumventing bans and shitposting in the thread, over and over again. Eventually the thread died overflowing with shitposts. This is what happened to it, and this is what will keep happening. Doesn't matter how many hours the mod spends babysitting those threads, he can't outautist half of the board.

People who make those RWBY threads there know all this, and literally the only reason why they make those threads there is to annoy and goad weebs.

They can easily discuss the newest chapter of RWBY manga over on /co/ generals, and I don't believe for a second that mods would delete it from those threads. What, Toonami threads are okay on /co/ but RWBY manga in RWBY generals isn't? Yeah right. People who are interested in RWBY manga are all already over there on /co/, so there is no reason to create separate threads for the manga on /a/. Literally the only reason why people make those threads on /a/ is to shitpost. That's why those threads should be banned, because they're created with the sole intention of shitposting. RWBY manga might not be against the rules, but shitposting is.

This is common sense. Everyone with an IQ of at least 50 should be able to figure this out. So either the mod is aware of this and is fine with it because he hates /a/ and weebs and likes seeing them mad, or the mod is a genuinely stupid person who can't even figure this out.
>>
>>439844
That's the point. If cancer incarnate is finding something to be cancer that needs to be removed, there is probably a problem.
>>
>>439852
>the mod is a genuinely stupid person who can't even figure this out.
The mod is in the business of enforcing the rules. Just because an entire army of ban evading autistic spammers does not like this doesn't mean the correct thing to do is give up.
>>
>>439865
Just because a single rouge mod is trying to force something onto a board it doesn't want, doesn't mean the correct thing is to take it up the arse and accept it.
>>
>>439852
>implying people who watch RWBY aren't from /a/
>implying a tripfag's opinion means anything
Just because 10-20 people can't ignore threads they don't like doesn't mean all of /a/ hates RWBY. Fuck, the majority of the time people on /a/ will agree with random posts about liking/watching RWBY.
>>
>>439870
>Just because a single rouge mod is trying to force something onto a board it doesn't want
Unless you can prove that the mods are the ones making the threads, they're no more "forcing" it on the board than any other series whose threads get fixed up after being spammed into oblivion.
>>
>>439872
>>implying people who watch RWBY aren't from /a/
>/a/
>watching something made by the west that is literally worse done than your average harem
Are you stupid?

The vast majority of /a/ already hates rwby and its fanbase as they have already antagonized the board once before. It stays on /co/. He might be a stupid retarded tripnigger who really needs to kill himself, but he's still right.
>>
>>439875
>watching something made to be exactly like anime means you're obviously a fan of /co/ and hate anime
Are you stupid?
>>
>>439878
>/a/ watching something made by some retarded youtuber who watched nurutu thought it was cool and then proceeded to make 'anime' while stuffing it with retarded america high school tier tropes and makes something that manages to be worse than the average harem and it has garbage girls with the only thing going for it is choreography
You'll find a good portion of the board refuses to watch harems and the ones who do watch it, watch it for the girls. The implication that people who regularly browse /a/ would watch RWBY unironically for any reason other than to laugh at how fucking bad it is, is absurd. There is probably those few autists, but the rest that did would have done so just to laugh at it.

The RWBY threads on /a/ have only gotten at best 5 people who give two shits about discussing it and they spent most of their time when the threads weren't being shitposted either waifufagging or talking about its cartoon. Top it off with the fact they were obvious /co/mblr, it belongs and stays on /co/.
>>
>>439865
>The mod is in the business of enforcing the rules.
Shitposting is against the rules.

People don't make /a/ RWBY manga threads to discuss RWBY manga. They can post and discuss RWBY manga in /co/ generals just fine, and (I assume) they already do. People make /a/ RWBY manga threads for the sole reason of trolling /a/non who dislike RWBY. That's it. There is no other reason. No one expects to be able to hold a civilized conversation about it on /a/. Everyone who has seen even a single /a/ RWBY thread knows how they all end up like. Everyone knows this. You know this, I know this, >>439885 knows this, all of /a/ knows this, everyone from RWBY general over at /co/ knows this, and the mod probably knows this.
>>
>>439885
> The implication that people who regularly browse /a/ would watch RWBY unironically for any reason other than to laugh at how fucking bad it is, is absurd
We had Akame ga Kill threads blow past bump limits just from spoilers. You are not seriously implying /a/ has any taste, are you? Saying people only watch harems for the girls and then saying no one likes the girls in rwby is entirely your opinion. Literally all people do in the rwby general is talk about the girls.

>The RWBY threads on /a/ have only gotten at best 5 people
Probably because it has 3 fucking chapters out and there's nothing to discuss. You're the idiots bumping the threads just to complain about them.
>>
>>439889
>They can post and discuss RWBY manga in /co/ generals just fine
You can post and discuss any anime of your choice on hundreds of places across the internet, and you can also do so on the "/a/ - Anime & Manga" board.

>No one expects to be able to hold a civilized conversation about it on /a/.
Some people think that the mods will be able to hold down the fort, or that eventually people will get tired of bitching about it. It only takes two people to have a civilized discussion even if people are screaming all around them.

>You know this, I know this, >>439885 knows this, all of /a/ knows this, everyone from RWBY general over at /co/ knows this, and the mod probably knows this.
You cannot (or rather, probably should not be able to) get a series banned just by shitposting in the threads, even if you shitpost so exhaustively that "these threads are always garbage" becomes common knowledge.
>>
The mod did nothing wrong. Suck it up weebs. RWBY is manga.
>>
Anyone who uses weeb for this shit, opinion is automatically discarded and ignored as its obvious you don't even browse /a/, so everything you say means fucking nothing.
>>
>>439906
I browse /a/ and I use the word weeb all the time.
>>
I don't know how mods make decisions but I'm willing to bet the mods who favor /a/ lost a group vote.

>>439898
>Some people think that the mods will be able to hold down the fort
This is surely not going to happen due to the above point. Mods side with the more vocal users of /a/ more than anyone else, even if it makes zero sense because "muh culture". They're going to allow the threads to go to shit. The best case scenario is that the aggressive shitposters get bored.
>>
>>439924
>but I'm willing to bet the mods who favor /a/ lost a group vote.
I'm pretty sure this isn't how it works and that this is just a single mod. It's a single mod who clearly doesn't browse /a/, looked at the rles, took them literally and said it belongs without knowing why people want it gone. Probably the person who nipplemod is.

I'm pretty sure the mod is the same person who spends their time babysitting generals on /a/ as both the mod for the rwby thread and generals are incredibly quick to resort to rangebans at any sign of dissent of their decisions.
>>
>>439941
I highly doubt 4chan's mod situation is so shit that one guy can openly make such a decision.
>>
>>439973
No, it's pretty obvious you are new if you don't know about single mods going rouge forcing their stupid views on a board without the user consent. Nipplemod is the most recent one and the first one that's older that comes to mind is niggerwood. 4chan isn't democracy, its a dictatorship and I seriously doubt the mod crew are actually organized with how they do things.
>>
>responding to /a/utists

Utterly pointless dudes. These guys think that their inane shitposting is actually quality content. They're too far gone to reason with.
>>
>>439981
Oh boy, couldn't articulate your point without resorting to "y-you're new!" huh? This situation and the past examples of rouge mods smearing there influence aren't even comparable.

> I seriously doubt the mod crew are actually organized with how they do things
Then get fucked. You don't even know for sure yourself.
>>
>>439986
No, because you are clearly fucking new if you lack such basic knowledge of the mod crew. They aren't organized and historically, single mods have always gone around making decisions without other mod opinions. Generally, these decision also rile the users up and make them throw up against the mods. Niggerwood, nipplemod and the rwby shit are all comparable, because they are clearly a single mod who doesn't browse the mod projecting their personal view of what the board should be onto it, despite that decision going against all culture and everything that board has been built on. There scale is different, but what is behind it is the exact same. A single mod making decision for a board he doesn't use. /a/ is just simply the only board that would rather kill and burn everything than let a single mod fucking dictate and change everything or let /co/ post on their board.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>439984
This. They're psychopaths that lack self awareness.
>>
>>439997
>or let /co/ post on their board
But /a/ is the one that watches RWBY.
>>
>>440007
Unless you poll /a/ and get thousands of votes from them and over 50% of /a/ watches it, /a/ doesn't and it still very much fucking hates it and the fanbase for what they previously attempted. Unless you can do that, everyone who watches it is /co/.
>>
>>440009
I can use simple logic to come to the conclusion that anyone who watches a show that is basically anime will most likely browse a board about anime.
>>
File: 1454702879342.png (106KB, 348x278px) Image search: [Google]
1454702879342.png
106KB, 348x278px
>>439997
Okay champ, whatever you say.
>>
>>440010
And those same people who watch 'anime' are the same type of users /a/ has always hated.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 557x605px
>something that is anime gets posted on /a/
>it's not made exclusively in jap land so /a/utist bitch about it
>this happens every time
>mods just let this happen and let the /a/utist have their way so they shut up
>the /a/utist get so bad a new board has to be made for requesting anime
>mod finally has enough and tells them to stop being a bunch if whiny bitches
>/a/utist run here to REEE about it
>>
I didn't follow the RWBY madness, but this is currently banned on /a/ right? I mean, I don't see anyone spamming it anymore, and I can't even find it on archive either.
>>
>>435454
I'd gladly take a ban to keep one more of you shitheads out.
>>
>>435483
4chan as a whole was against gamergate. And bandwagoners bandwagoned their way to cripplechan
>>
>>435648
>this is what redditchanners actually believe
>>
>>440024
It's not "banned", also did you even see the OP image? It's allowed now apparently.

Anyway it's based on some of the more vocal /a/ users arguing about whether or not it's "manga",= ie Japanese.
>>
>>440024
It's banned if an /a/non mod is around, it's not banned if a /co/mblr mod doesn't mind his own business and wants to bother other people.
>>
>>440030
well said, Anon.
>>
>>440036
I'm not seeing any threads, and I doubt people just got tired of shitposting.

>>440038
I see. Thanks.
>>
>>440015
So people that watch anime are people that /a/ hate?

>>440036
>>440042
It's allowed threads on chapter days. Anything else is clearly a shitpost. No one talks about monthly series that much until it's got quite a few chapters out.
>>
>>440049
You forgot some brackets on the way fellow
>>
>>440051
Are you saying 'anime' is RWBY? Because that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying people that watch RWBY obviously go to /a/ and watch anime. When RWBY first came out you had a ton of people making threads on /a/.
>>
>>440054
>people that watch RWBY obviously go to /a/ and watch anime
You're extremely wrong then
>When RWBY first came out you had a ton of people making threads on /a/.
And every single one of them was just people bashing it and insulting its watchers
>>
>>440056
>You're extremely wrong then
>people who watch this thing that is almost exactly like anime but shittier don't watch anime
What?
>>
>>440056
Are you really going to sit there and say no one who watches RWBY would watch anime? Literally the only reason someone would watch RWBY is because they like anime.
>>
>>440058
>>people who watch this thing that is not anime and shittier don't watch anime
Makes perfect sense to me
>>440061
No, I'm saying no one who watches enough anime to be a competent poster on /a/ would ever find RWBY anything but utter garbage
>>
>>440065
>No, I'm saying no one who watches enough anime to be a competent poster on /a/
Stopped reading right there. The board is completely filled with people who watch things even worse than RWBY. Not to mention you don't have to be a "competent poster" to be on /a/.
>>
>>440065
>Makes perfect sense to me
That's because you're a moron. I've watched tons of shit anime, but that doesn't stop me from liking good things.
>>
>>440068
>The board is completely filled with people who watch things even worse than RWBY
"no"
>you don't have to be a "competent poster" to be on /a/.
You don't but your opinion will be worth nothing.
>>440071
Bet you watched 23 whole anniemes
>>
>>440061
Saying someone who watches rwby probably watches anime is the same as replacing rwby with cartoons. RWBY IS a cartoon, you fucking idiot. Just because someone watches it doesn't mean they watch anime and people who unironically watch it and want to talk about it instead of mocking it are 9/10 times incredibly casual viewers that no one on /a/ fucking likes.
>>
>>440077
>Bet you watched 23 whole anniemes
10/10 rebuttal.
>>
>>440079
Not counting movies of course
>>
>>440078
>Saying someone who watches rwby probably watches anime is the same as replacing rwby with cartoons
But it's not. It's a cartoon made out to be as much like an anime as possible. it's literally made to appeal to anime fans. MLP or Adventure Time aren't made for people who watch anime, they're made for people who watch cartoons.
>>
>>440088
No, you retard. Avatar is clearly copying anime, but its a fucking cartoon, just as RWBY is. It isn't made to appeal to anime fans, it's taking inspiration from the elevens. Just because someone watches it, it doesn't mean they watch or like anime.
>>
>>440090
>It isn't made to appeal to anime fans
Well this just isn't true. Not saying I agree with it being on /a/ but that's blatantly not true, same with Avatar.
>>
>>440090
>Just because someone watches it, it doesn't mean they watch or like anime.
But it does. Just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's not made for anime viewers. From what I can gather, the creator actually wanted to make an anime and even called it one, but he was never accepted because he's American. He literally made it for fans of anime.
>>
>>440088
made to appeal to anime audience != it's appealing to anime audience
>>
>>440093
>because he's American
No. Because it's fucking shit.
>>
>>440093
>He literally made it for fans of anime.
Last I recall, the only thing he actually watched was fucking naruto.
>implying he was making shit for anime fans and not literal casual

Just because someone watches avatar or rwby, in no way does it mean they fucking watch anime. They were made with inspiration. In fact, his garbage doesn't even fucking appeal to the anime audience except for those who are literally casual and only watched shit like naruto. How is this so hard to understand? Is it possible you are just simply retarded and don't understand how marketing and the like work? Just because someone watches x doesn't mean they watch y.
>>
>>440096
Pure conjecture. You don't know what is and isn't appealing to anime fans at large.
>>
>>440096
Except the only ones who would watch a blatant anime ripoff would be the ones who watch anime. I can give you at least one source, but you're just going to whine about it.

>>440097
>it isn't called anime because it's shit
I can see I'm dealing with a top tier anon.
>>
>>440101
>Except the only ones who would watch a blatant anime ripoff would be the ones who watch anime
Avatar is a blatant fucking anime ripoff and the majority of its fanbase isn't people who watch anime. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>440099
>Last I recall, the only thing he actually watched was fucking naruto.
TTGL
Evangelion
Monster
Princess Jellyfish

>Just because someone watches avatar or rwby, in no way does it mean they fucking watch anime
It absolutely means many of them do. We're not even talking about Avatar, we're talking about rwby, which has a good deal more anime-esque tropes and cliches.
>>
>>440103
Probably because it was also made to appeal to children and does a damn good job of doing so.

You've moved the goalpost to an irrelevant place. You initially said it wasn't made to appeal to anime fans and it clearly was.
>>
>>440103
Are Avatar and RWBY's art style not meant to appeal to fans of anime?
>>
>>440100
I do because I'm a fucking anime fan and I don't like it, other people on /a/ don't like it and those who do always show connection with shit external to /a/
You fucks are missing the point by considering people who watch naruto and dragon ball "anime fans"
>>440101
>Except the only ones who would watch a blatant anime ripoff would be the ones who watch anime
Why would you watch a very shitty copy of anime when you can actually watch anime and do so frequently?
>one source
One source of what, some other fuck's shit opinion that correlates with yours?
>>
>>440106
You would literally fail at your job if you worked in marketing. No, RWBY doesn't appeal to fucking anime fans you retard and the majority of the people who watch it aren't anime fans. You are making a baseless claim that has no stand in reality other than because it has x, y MUST like it. That's not how it works.
>>
>>440099
>>440103
>put on crunchyroll and many other anime sites
>constantly tops viewer ranking on these sites
>p-p-people who watch anime don't watch rwby!
>>
File: 1439235182421.png (121KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439235182421.png
121KB, 300x300px
>>440114
>streaming
>>
>>440112
>You fucks are missing the point by considering people who watch naruto and dragon ball "anime fans"
But this is you being a shitter more than anything. You will literally find this opinion on /a/ and nowhere else.
>>
>>440112
>One source of what
Of people watching both anime and RWBY
http://www.crunchyroll.com/
>inb4 those are normalfag scum!
It's one of the biggest places used to watch anime and the argument is whether people that watch anime also watch RWBY or not. If this doesn't prove to you people who watch anime watch RWBY, then you're just being willfully ignorant.

>>440113
It's made for anime fans, by anime fans. The creator even called it an anime, despite the truth. If he thinks he's making an anime, then he is absolutely making it for anime fans.
>>
>>440119
No anon, you'll find that shit is done elsewhere as well. Saying you are a fan of anime because you watch naruto of dbz is the same as saying you love superhero comics because you watch the fucking hollywood movies. You don't.
>>
>>440123
>saying you love anime because you've watched anime is the same as saying you love a comic by watching the movie
What?
>>
>>440119
Then we can agree that /a/ is for "elitists" and retards watching RWBY don't belong

>>440122
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>440125
>You're fucking retarded
>oh shit he has a point! what do I do what do I do?!
>>
>>440123
/a/'s culture doesn't dictate the world. You're just flexing conjecture again.

>>440125
I actually don't give a shit. I hate RoosterTeeth on a general level though.
>>
File: 1352262652379.jpg (190KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
1352262652379.jpg
190KB, 580x386px
I don't even know what RWBY is but I'm really enjoying this thread.

Please continue the petty bickering.
>>
>>440122
No one cares what its retarded creator called it, when he is fucking wrong.

Again, you retard
> You are making a baseless claim that has no stand in reality other than because it has x, y MUST like it. That's not how it works.

Just because someone watched RWBY, it doesn't mean they watch anime.

>>440124
Are you retarded? Naruto and DBZ are the most popular shit and the west and the majority of the people who look at it don't even fucking know its anime. Saying you love anime because you watched the mainstream shit that literally are completely different to pretty much everything else produced is no different to saying you love comics because you watched its mainstream movies or a single volume.
>>
>>440129
It's not petty, it's like arguing whether jews should stay in germany or shouldn't, only I don't care about germany and I do care about /a/
>>
>>440130
>Just because someone watched RWBY, it doesn't mean they watch anime.
But it does. The creator made it for anime fans and anime fans watch anime. Look at Crunchyroll. It gets first place in views every time an episode is out.

>that literally are completely different to pretty much everything else produced
>Naruto
>DBZ
>completely different from everything else produced
oimlaffin.
>>
>>440130
>DBZ
>Naruto
>different than every other anime
I think you broke your brain, anon.
>>
>>440132
So you're saying the RWBY fanbase are the Jews?
>>
>>440141
All normalfags are the jews
>>
>>440137
>The creator made it for anime fans and anime fans watch anime
Except, that isn't how target markets work, you little fucking faggot. Fucking again
> You are making a baseless claim that has no stand in reality other than because it has x, y MUST like it. That's not how it works.

Just because you make something for y, doesn't mean fucking y will like it. This is basic marketing. You are trying to argue against fucking facts. Crunchyroll stats mean fucking nothing in this, because it has nothing to do with you claim. Which is 'if someone likes rwby it means they like anime', which is fucking wrong and baseless in reality.
>>
File: 1452053155994.webm (427KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452053155994.webm
427KB, 1280x720px
>>440130
>he's really trying to defend his retarded board culture on a global scale
Just give it up. Just admitting you don't know what the fuck most anime fans like is okay, it doesn't hurt your argument against roosterteeth garbage being on /a/.
>>
>>440137
>>440140
The vast majority of anime is NOT powerlevel battle shounens, you retards.
>>
File: 1446097893200.jpg (51KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
1446097893200.jpg
51KB, 907x718px
>>440148
>which is fucking wrong and baseless in reality
But it's not. Crunchyroll is one of the most popular anime centered sites. RWBY gets in the highest rankings while it's airing. That literally means anime fans watch RWBY.
>>
>>440155
But anon, people who stream from crunchyroll aren't anime fans because I say so.
>>
File: 1454289268605.png (94KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1454289268605.png
94KB, 512x512px
>>440155
Nice /v/ermin tactic of ignoring what's being said and just continuing to make your argument despite being wrong.

>because it has nothing to do with you claim. Which is 'if someone likes rwby it means they like anime'
>Crunchyroll stats mean fucking nothing in this
>Just because you make something for y, doesn't mean fucking y will like it
>>
To all tr/a/nny f/a/ggots: fuck off, your board is not worth protecting and you're retarded.
>we're all little girls right gaies :3
>purest form of love
>but that's forbidden love
>semen demon
>chinese cartoons
>what are you, some kind of faggot?
>edgy fujoshit
>ha ha I bet u havent even watched 20 shows, Naruto/SnK/KlK/whatever fag
>boku no pico
>I want to fuck X
>hey, X is my waifu
>mah nigga
>shit taste detected
>why is she so perfect
>i want to [spoiler]hold hands [/spoiler]with X
>b-b-b-but anon, that's l-l-lewd
>h-h-hesitant typing
>i want to [spoiler]abuse spoiler text[/spoiler]
>you /v/ermin scum are ruining my perfect board, fuck off before I email Moot
And I know you love to call the people you disagree with you outsiders, but the problem with /a/ is you. Every posting style that /a/ has developed memetically is unfunny and obnoxious. You can find better discussion in youtube comments, and most of /a/ is best girl flame wars and fawning over softcore porn. You assume your board is a paradise and redirect anybody who doesn't fit in to /v/. You belong to both the dumbest and most pretentious board on this site. You are misguided. You think you are protecting something valuable when you are only fitting in to delusional groupthink. The project of your life is a vapid wasteland, a glitzy casino made of recycled water bottles, a treasured nothing. You will believe you've won an argument when I stop responding. You are an idiot and belong in the prison you built out of strangers.
>inb4 straw grasping retards tell me spoilertext doesn't work here
I know, shitheads, I'm just imitating your brand of garbage.
>>
>>440155
Nobody on /a/ uses crunchyroll, how long until you realize you're presenting plebville as an example of anime fans endorsing that shit?
And even if it were fine as a site, how do you know if those people just watch rwby and a couple other shit or are more deeply interested in the medium
>>
>>440163
Nice pasta
>>
>>440158
Not him but I don't see what's so hard about admitting that people who follow RWBY also like anime. You're trying to beat the argument down to the semantics of what makes an "anime fan" when that's neither here nor there.

I didn't even know the shit was made through an American company until last year. It just looks like a typical low tier CG/3D anime at a glance. There's just nothing about it that screams "AMERICAN - NOT LIKE TYPICAL ANIME" unless you analyze it down to the fine details. It's completely reasonable that someone browsing for more anime to watch would come across it and like it. Not if you can, argue why this wouldn't be the case.
>>
>>440158
But anon. RWBY is one of the highest ranking series on Crunchyroll right now. That LITERALLY means the majority of your average anime fans like RWBY. You can go ahead and say not all rwby fans watch anime, but a ton of anime fans watch rwby. It's completely reversible in this situation.

>>440164
But anon, that wasn't the point of me linking crunchyroll. Read the conversation. I'm doing this to show you that people who watch rwby absolutely watch anime and vice versa.
>>
>>440168
Try actually watching it and realize how awful it is
>>
>>440164
>Nobody on /a/ uses crunchyroll
Not true.
>>
>>440171
>the Japanese never make awful things
WEEB ALERT
>>
>>440171
I have no business watching something I'm clearly not interested in. Also at a glance I can tell it's bad. All it took was a single clip.
>>
>>440165
>it's wrong because it was posted before
/a/ is shit. You act like 4chan is remotely obscure when /a/ is one of the largest anime communities out there. You pretend you're better than /v/ when really you're equally stupid and embarrassingly pretentious. If you have browsed /a/ for more than six months without getting sick of it you might have brain damage/be underaged
>>
>>440178
You're just proving their point about /a/ haters being buttblasted morons.
>>
>>440173
Does Naruto sound familiar? It doesn't matter if it's japanese or not, if a guy comes to work and tells the chef he likes hamburgers with horse cum and piss he's told to fuck off, why can't we do it to the anime equivalent?
>>
>>440168
Are you just as retarded as he is?

>because it has nothing to do with you claim. Which is 'if someone likes rwby it means they like anime
>because it has nothing to do with you claim. Which is 'if someone likes rwby it means they like anime

This has nothing to do with fans or anything and everything to do with the fact his claim is fucking 100% wrong. Don't fucking try agreeing with someone saying because x was made similar to y, liking x means you MUST watch y.

Crunchyroll stats mean fucking nothing, because crunchyroll isn't the western hub of anime and is just a single streaming platform. Using it to determine anything, is just simply fucking wrong and is using a very cherry picked audience to make a claim about a broad audience.
>>
>>440164
>how do you know if those people just watch rwby and a couple other shit or are more deeply interested in the medium
Because it's literally a site used to watch anime? The Roosterteeth site is undoubtedly better for watching RWBY.
>>
>>440181
>buttblasted
I don't read filenames to see if I can tell people to fuck off for being from a different website. I don't turn every off topic thread into a meta thread about how /a/ was so much better in 2006 and how this never would have happened then. I don't shitpost in Naruto threads because of six year old pasta vilifying twelve year olds who have since grown up. I don't care get personally invested in the quality of a board on 4chan that is a waste of my time.

So no, I'm not buttblasted, I'm disgusted.
>>
>>440187
If someone likes anything it doesn't mean they have to like everything in it's genre or medium, no. If that's what he was claiming and it seemed like I was defending that then I apologize.
>>
>>440187
>his claim is fucking 100% wrong
But it's not.

>someone saying because x was made similar to y, liking x means you MUST watch y
I never said you must watch anime, I said it appeals to anime fans and tons of anime fans watch it.
>>
>>440197
>I said it appeals to anime fans and tons of anime fans watch it
Also this. The initial claim was that it wasn't made to appeal to anime fans. But the anon who asserted that switched from that goalpost pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1434233536688.jpg (131KB, 1436x812px) Image search: [Google]
1434233536688.jpg
131KB, 1436x812px
>>440187
>Crunchyroll stats mean fucking nothing
Except that a ton of anime fans clearly see RWBY as something worth watching, since it's in some of the highest rankings when it airs.
>>
>>440197
>I said it appeals to anime fans and tons of anime fans watch it.

>>440007
>But /a/ is the one that watches RWBY.
>>440010
>I can use simple logic to come to the conclusion that anyone who watches a show that is basically anime will most likely browse a board about anime.
>>440061
>Literally the only reason someone would watch RWBY is because they like anime.
No you didn't.
>>
>>440204
>a single website filled with a certain type of cherry picked audience mostly filled with casuals is the perfect sample to determine the overall audience

'no'
>>
>>440206
But I did.
>>440088
>it's literally made to appeal to anime fans.
I'm saying if it's made for anime fans, and it's doing well, it's obvious that anime fans watch it, which I proved by linking Crunchyroll.

>>440212
Crunchyroll is one of the biggest anime streaming sites in the world, anon. It doesn't matter if they're "casuals", they're anime fans that watch the same shit you do as it airs.
>>
>>440206
Yes he's wrong but so are you.

Overall dumb argument honestly.
>>
>>440206
So wait, you're saying people who watch a show MADE to be exactly like anime, and would be if made in Japan, aren't anime fans? You're just talking out your ass.
>>
>>440230
That's not what you said though. He's arguing the fact you said this
>Literally the only reason someone would watch RWBY is because they like anime.
That's not true for anime medium or genre, but I'm assuming you made a mistake in the heat of the discussion.
>>
/a/ is probably the worst blue board right now.
>>
>>440236
for any medium or genre*
>>
>>440236
I don't get it. Is he taking the 'literally' meme literally?
>>
>>440230
>to be exactly like anime
They fail horribly though
>and would be if made in Japan
No, I can't just move there, reupload it and it becomes anime.
Really, the only reason you'd watch it is exactly because you're not into anime and can't see its gigantic flaws.
>>
>>440230
Not him but seriously, just shut up. You have literally no idea what you're talking about; the fact that you're still trying to carry a conversation by bullshitting your way through is just painful to see. Every post you make makes it more clear you don't use /a/ or /co/ even a tiny bit hence should just shut up about boards you don't actually use.

Parroting shit you hear shitposters saying and having your own half-baked theories =/= reality. Not even close. The RWBY general is on /co/. It was always a /co/ show. Before that manga, which is just a spinoff of the original show, came about, RWBY was banned from /a/ outright. In fact, the show itself still is. /a/ doesn't fucking like it either. It's fucking awful and being entirely CGI, in English, and not made by Japanese people makes it not even remotely like anime. Would you say Apple users should have no problems using a $50 knockoff iPhone because it looks like the real one? Probably not. Same thing here.
>>
>>440239
It certainly took us down a pointless tangent so I guess.

For what it's worth I looked up episode 1 and I personally don't see what a non-anime fan would like about it. It's trash in just about every way most anime is. It's just so ridiculous in it's writing and execution, whether on purpose or not.
>>
>>440240
>They fail horribly though
Anime isn't a genre, retard. Anime can be good or bad. It literally means a cartoon made in Japan.

>Really, the only reason you'd watch it is exactly because you're not into anime and can't see its gigantic flaws.
Then why is it top ranking on Crunchyroll?
>>
>>440246
>hurr its like the animes
>its not
>anime isn't a genre retard lmao
Alri lad

>Then why is it top ranking on Crunchyroll?
You just quoted the why
>>
>>440246
Crunchyroll means fucking nothing, retard. It's a single website and the majority of its users aren't 'anime fans', they are casuals who watch mostly nothing but big mainstream shit and would split on 95% of everything else made. No one gives two fucks about crunchyrolls audience and at the end of the day, /a/ is still a better determiner for the western anime audience that isn't casual fucks.
>>
>>440247
But anon, the only reason to browse Crunchyroll is because you like anime. It has exactly the shows /a/ watches.
>>
>>440248
>they are casuals who watch mostly nothing but big mainstream shit
You don't know how Crunchyroll works outside your memes, do you?
>>
>>440248
>It's a single website and the majority of its users aren't 'anime fans'
This is so insane.

You don't have to go full metal jackass in order to prove rwby doesn't belong on /a/. You just don't.
>>
>>440248
>the majority of people who go to a site made for watching anime aren't fans of anime
You just went full fucking retard.
>>
>>440249
What does it matter that it has the same shows? It also has exactly the shows that aren't appreciated on /a/
>>
>>440249
So does nyaa and xdcc and all the other places /a/ got its anime long before CR existed. CR is a stream site and streaming is pleb shit discouraged on /a/, which torrents or ddls through various means.

Once again you demonstrate you know nothing about how /a/ works or why. Why are you even bothering to continue this conversation? It isn't a debate club where you can try to weasel your way around to convince an audience of some bullshit. You are going up against hard, inarguable facts about how /a/ works and how it's always perceived RWBY, as well as RWBY being naturally home on /co/ (which you always just ignore). You only show your utter lack of qualification to speak about this subject the more you fight the facts.
>>
>>440258
Doesn't matter, it streams everything, so any anime fan can choose what show to watch. OPM was talked about almost equally here and on /a/
>inb4 people who like OPM a-are newfags because it's popular
Practically everything /a/ talks about is just as popular on CR.
>>
>>440260
>CR is a stream site and streaming is pleb shit discouraged on /a/
That doesn't mean you're not an anime fan if you use it.
>>
>>440260
>as well as RWBY being naturally home on /co/ (which you always just ignore)
I think you're lost. The argument is whether or not people who like RWBY also like anime, not if it belongs on /co/ or not.
>>
File: NETS.jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
NETS.jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>440258
>>
>>440262
Not the guy who said that; you fucking autists cannot into prose. 'Anime fan' in quotes is like a mocking connotation.

They think they're fans but if they're watching RWBY which literally is not anime because they think "eh close enough", they clearly don't know shit about the medium. Crunchyroll hosts it because they host anything that brings in money because they're a for profit company. RWBY is somehow huge on Youtube. Lots of little kids watch Naruto and shit on Youtube as well. Just because those kids exist doesn't mean that's what /a/ is. Not even fucking remotely close.

It's like saying /tv/ should love talking about Minions because they're really popular, and getting all offended and confused that the board shits on them as reddit meme trash.
>>
>>440266
Read
>>440264
>>
>>440266
You're pretty dumb if you think people pay just to watch RWBY.
>>
>>440261
Your argument is silly, what does the content have to do with the userbase? I can just open a database of everything and say that who uses it likes the same things as /a/?
And both enjoying some same shows has nothing to do with being pleb or not
>>
>>440271
>I can just open a database of everything and say that who uses it likes the same things as /a/?
What? All I've ever been saying is RWBY is made for fans of anime, and tons of anime fans watch it.
>>
>>440264
>The argument is whether or not people who like RWBY also like anime
Which is wrong, because this can't be proven. Because unless you can get a sample size of decent size that isn't a cherry picked audience like CR, you can't prove it and its wrong. Targeted democratic audience =/= the audience it has. using to determine 'anime fans' is wrong as well, as the site isn't made for anime fans. It's made to gather fucking anyone they can get, even if they only sub to watch literally one show.
>>
>>440271
He's not arguing /a/'s culture, he's arguing against the notion that RWBY are some weird brand of people who don't like anime yet watch something that is clearly reminiscent of anime.

>>440272
This is true. I'm sitting here watch episode 1 and while garbage, it's not doing anything that anime of the same genre do.

If anything makes me vomit as an anime fan it's the awful animation. I'd even argue that it's the only un-anime thing about it.
>>
>>440272
It seemed like you used "It has exactly the shows /a/ watches" to imply that its users have a similar taste to /a/
>>
>>440274
*that the anime of the same genre don't do
>>
>>440268
RWBY fans may like anime, but even remotely knowledgeable/seasons anime fans may not like RWBY. That's because the people who know anime even slightly well see right through that RWBY as a whole is simply not even in the same playing field as anime. RWBY fans who like both don't think it's a huge difference aren't as picky. It's the same as how a lot of /co/ likes some anime, but a lot of /a/ does not like /co/ cartoons.

Not everything is cross-compatible; this is not hard to understand. It's like saying Star Trek and Star Wars fans should get along because they're both space adventures.
>>
>>440273
>you can't prove it and its wrong
Not the way it works, buddy. I showed my proof, no one else has brought any for their side.

>Targeted democratic audience =/= the audience it has
Except anime fans clearly watch it, because it's one of the most popular things on Crunchyroll when it airs. That's literally all the proof you need because:
A) Crunchyroll is one of the biggest sites people use to watch anime
B) only fans of anime would use Crunchyroll. If they didn't use specifically CR, they would use the Roosterteeth site.
>>
>>440277
>RWBY as a whole is simply not even in the same playing field as anime
Explain why without mentioning the shit animation. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>440277
>RWBY fans may like anime
This is all I've ever argued.

>RWBY as a whole is simply not even in the same playing field as anime
>what is Abunai Sisters
>>
>>440279
>B) only fans of anime would use Crunchyroll.
This is fucking wrong and you know it. People use CR not because they are a fan of anime, but because its the only legal streaming platform for most shit and they don't know any better. The vast majority of people who use CR don't use it because they are fans of anime, but they want to certain fucking shows.
>>
File: 1440799921419.jpg (23KB, 234x282px) Image search: [Google]
1440799921419.jpg
23KB, 234x282px
I don't know if some of you realize this but anime viewers are generally eclectic in their taste. They will try anything. The only group I've ever encountered who pat themselves on the back for only sticking to certain content is /a/.

I don't see how the guy who's top 10 is filled with shows that aired on Toonami is worse than the /a/ guy who watches moe "girls doing stuff" cartoons exclusively. It's the same kind of person but with different genres.
>>
>>440286
But if you use Crunchyroll, are you a fan of anime? That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>440289
Now you are just trying to shift goal posts and making this into unanswerable fucking questions.
>if you suck one persons dick does it mean you are gay?

>>440288
>The only group I've ever encountered who pat themselves on the back for only sticking to certain content is /a/.
The only group on /a/ that pats themselves on the back for watching certain things are manimefags. The rest of /a/ watches everything, or at the very least tries to watch the first episode of everything.
>>
>>440280
Ok. RBWY is made by Roosterteeth, which is a Youtube group which was previously known for making Red vs Blue, a Halo gag series. Some guy named Monty Oum got a hold of some Japanese-looking 3D models and started messing around posing them in various programs like MMD etc. Roosterteeth decided to broadcast some of it because why not, and it turned out to be a huge hit unexpectedly. So they kept making more of it. RWBY is made by and voiced by Western amateurs and broadcast on Youtube to whoever.

Anime is made in Japan by anime studios; there is a long list of these studios but the bigger ones tend to pump out several shows a year. These studios tend to bid on rights to adapt titles from the big manga/LN publishers, in cohort with the publishers having a top-priority list of things they want to see adapted and deciding the pros and cons of which studios would do the best job at it. It's a professional industry where people go to schools to animate, do voicework etc that has been around for decades. It is a different origin, business model and end-product. There are thousands of anime made in the way I just described while RWBY is a one-off thing that is kept going just because it makes money. The only commonality is that RWBY simply looks and acts anime-ish, but literally is a cheap imitation riding on the coattails of anime and taking advantage of the fact that there are apparently millions of naive people/kids out there who will happily watch it despite its shoddiness.
>>
>>440293
>Now you are just trying to shift goal posts
I'm not at all. If you use Crunchyroll often, you are literally a fan of anime. That's what I've been saying.
>>
>>440294
You're pitting a web series against large corporations, anon. Put rwby in the same category as some other show made on youtube in Japan.
>>
>>440294
I thought you meant from a content perspective which is what your post implied.
>>
>>440295
No it doesn't, you retard. If I go to the cinema once a month on new release day and watched ONE movie. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of movies, it means I liked that particular movie I watched.
>>
>>440298
It's incredibly disingenuous of you to imply that people pay cr's monthly fee only to watch rwby.
>>
>>440298
Except RWBY constantly gets in the top views on CR. I'm not going to go to CR when I could just use the RT site. Why would someone watch RWBY with a subscription when they could watch it on the Roosterteeth site for free?
>>
>>440296
>some other show made on youtube in Japan

Can't think of any honestly besides Inferno Cop, which was quite literally made as a joke targeted towards Westerners. Each episode is 2 minutes long and it ended a while ago (years now?). Actual anime airs on TV; that is also a rather obvious distinction I should have pointed out, but it's so obvious I didn't think you'd actually seek to highlight.
>>
>>440299
I'm pretty sure you can watch CR for free.
>>
>>440298
Are you trying to imply out of the millions of people that use Crunchyroll, only a handfull of them watch more than one series a year? You're fucking delusional
>>
>>440299
It's incredibly disingenuous of you to imply that people using something often means they must be a fan of it it and not just have a passing interest in certain things.
>>
>>440303
>Actual anime airs on TV
This isn't true. As long as it's a cartoon made in japan for a japanese audience, it's anime.
>>
>>440298
I'm a fan of movies and I just buy the occasional DVD. I think most movies are poorly made, so I don't watch many of them.
>>
>>440307
Sounds like you're getting into semantics, but generally the vernacular in Japan implies "anime" = TV.

If it did not air on TV and released direct to video it's an Original Video Animation, or OVA. Obviously that's an antiquated term and they would be DVD/BDs now, but they're still called OVAs. OVAs are hardly made standalone anymore though; back in the 80s/early 90s there were some but not now. In this day and are made as extra bookends/bonuses for anime that had already aired on TV. Since they are made as add-ons for established anime, they're more like anime than they were the original term.

Japanese animated movies are I guess you could call "anime movies". They make a distinction there about it because many of these movies never had anything to do with TV. In Japan they would say "do you want to go see a movie" if for example referring to a new Miyazaki movie, not "do you want to go see an anime". If something that was a TV anime got a movie made of it, everyone refers to that jump standalone as the movie, not the anime.

So yes, you can split hairs, but the general terms are approximately as I described.
>>
>>440306
Are we really getting into the semantics of the word fanatic now?
>>
>>440311
I don't know, I've always seen OVAs and such as anime. I would even consider Japanese animated commercials anime. I didn't really think it was a splitting hairs kind of thing. Of course rwby isn't on par with TV anime, but that's because it's a webseries made by amateurs. If you lower the bar to what your average webshow is, I'd say it's fairly well done.
>>
>>440315
>If you lower the bar to what your average webshow is, I'd say it's fairly well done.
>implying
Thunderbolt is a ONA and its the first anime to be mastered in 4k.
>>
>>440318
I'm not familiar with it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but:
>key animation
>Anime R
>Studio Gash
>Studio Kuma

>Animation Production: Sunrise

>4 episodes long
Vastly different things. I'm talking full on amateur webshow. RWBY started off with a very very small team on a very very small budget.
>>
>>439997
All it takes to get RWBY off the board is a single janitor with /a/ access, or any moderator at all, to delete the RWBY thread. I don't think I've ever seen a thread resurrected from the dead and I don't think the functionality is there.

>>440009
Any given airing show is probably not watched by 50% of /a/.

>>440024
There's also no thread for 99% of monthly manga out there up right now, mostly because people don't care enough.
>>
>>439898
>You can post and discuss any anime of your choice on hundreds of places across the internet, and you can also do so on the "/a/ - Anime & Manga" board.
Yeah, and the only RWBY related thing you can discuss on /a/ is the RWBY manga. The franchise is Western so you can't discuss the rest of it. You can't compare events in manga with the events in the cartoon because you can't discuss the cartoon. You can't talk about future events in the manga by talking about events that happen later on in the cartoon. You can't discuss characters, their personalities and perks that haven't been brought up in the manga yet because you can't talk about anything non-manga related in those threads.

So in the end, what's the point? Why even try to talk about the manga on /a/ when your discussion will be heavily censored since you can only talk about purely manga related stuff and can't talk about anything else. And it's not like there are people who are only interested in the manga, everyone willing to discuss the manga is already a fan of the cartoon.

Over on the /co/ generals you can freely discuss literally everything franchise related - cartoon, manga, comparisons between the two, everything. Why would anyone waste their time trying to talk about RWBY manga in such a stifling environment like /a/ when you can freely discuss it to your heart's content on /co/?

This entire situation is one big farce and everyone knows it.
>>
File: 1402158839783.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1402158839783.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>this thread
>>
>>440288
Because they like to pat themselves on the back for watching cartoons that are taboo in the west. It's exactly the same thing as /mlp/.

>>440465
>manga isn't manga
>>
>>439872
You should probably go on /a/ a bit before splurting out nonsense like that.
>>
>>439984
>>440004
Honestly, the rest of the board having this opinion of /a/ is for the best. It keeps you out of our business. Let us be retarded manchildren alone, we like it this way.
>>
>>440163
BTFO
>>
>>440020
RWBY isn't an anime, it's an American show that was eventually adapted into a manga. The creation of /wsr/ doesn't have anything to do with it. Request threads have been against /a/ rules for a long time.

>>440100
I'll point out that "anime fan" and "person who watches anime" are two very different things.

>>440169
>But anon. RWBY is one of the highest ranking series on Crunchyroll right now. That LITERALLY means the majority of your average anime fans like RWBY.
You would need to demonstrate that people who watch RWBY are also the same people who watch anime. And I don't mean just a couple of shounen shows, but anime in general.

>>440230
RWBY isn't "exactly like anime," or even a reasonable approximation.

>>440294
>>440296
Consider the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_DyGOtXKRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ptz8B7Kc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE3IWOXqWyU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbUjz0e34s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkc4eBCy3Sk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwBcyUGXI2s

That's all amateur work.

The point being that anime isn't defined by its professionalism and commercialism, and that amateur productions don't have to look like shit (so RWBY doesn't really have that excuse going for it).

Anime is a product of Japanese culture, subculture, history, society, industry and language, and its aesthetics and animation techniques evolved under very specific conditions for many decades. This is not something that is easily replicated by foreigners. In fact it's not even realistically possible to do so.
>>
>>440562
* the Summer Day's Dream 2 anime actually has notable professional voice actresses in it, but other than that it seems to be just an amateur work.
>>
>>435409
I suppose I should care, but I don't. I just hide it and move on with my life.

>>435657
He may be speaking for Hiroyuki, or the "managing mod" if he still exists. We don't know, and will never know; 4chan's moderation has long been opaque and contradictory. And I do suspect that the mods are just as unruly as the users are.
>>
File: 1454008929591.jpg (66KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454008929591.jpg
66KB, 530x600px
>all this goalpost moving and mental gymnastics

You simply cannot make this shit up
>>
>>435409
Pretty nice.
I haven't been to /a/ in weeks, sometimes I wonder what's going on there. Interesting to see something actually being done.
>>
>Can't discuss manga in the board that was made for manga and anime discussion because a bunch of whiny sperglords don't like it

Haha God bless the mod.
>>
>>440837
RWBY isn't just any manga and people didn't just randomly decide to oppose it.
>>
This RWBY thing actually does seem like a real conundrum. There are real reasons for, and against, it being on /a/. The right thing to do is to let it be on /a/, but that might be difficult when people will inevitably want to start discussing anything other than the manga. I don't care about /a/'s personal feelings on this. This is about what the threads will turn in to if they aren't consistently kept on a tight leash. Threads on /v/ go out of control all the time due to being related to other hobbies, so I can see where the real concern is coming from.
>>
>>440465
>The franchise is Western so you can't discuss the rest of it.
There isn't even a ban on discussing things that are not anime or manga in /a/ as long as they strictly relate to something that is anime or manga. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is based on the Cthulhu mythos and at the time that it was airing people freely discussed the source material.

/a/ only wants to declare a special "no-RWBY" exception to the normal pattern because it hates RWBY fans.
>>
>>440911
They did the same for Naruto though. And Cowboy Bebop. They made an entire board to get rid of Mecha.

Basically anything that isn't moeshit is banned.
>>
File: 1447146578978.png (247KB, 812x501px) Image search: [Google]
1447146578978.png
247KB, 812x501px
I miss moot
>>
>>441010
For all you know, he could be any one of the 65 unique posters ITT so far.
>>
>>441016
mot is that u
ilu bae
>>
>>440843
>RWBY isn't just any manga
It is a published comic in ウルトラジャンプ, which means it is /a/ related and the insufferable manchildren have to fucking deal with that. There are plenty of series I don't care for and therefore ignore those threads. What I don't do is go out of my way to find and enter those threads then spend the next X amount of time desperately trying to shitpost it to death.

The people that do that are the sort of shit who can fuck off /a/ and life in general. Pretty much everyone uses the catalogue these days so there is no fucking excuse for shitting up a board related thread because you don't share the same enthusiasm for the topic of discussion. /a/ isn't fucking /b/ and those manchildren have to fucking learn that.

>>440858
>but that might be difficult when people will inevitably want to start discussing anything other than the manga.
Kill yourself mate, seriously. Buyfag general, DJT general, aikatsu/precure/lovelive/jojo generals all discuss tangential things and they are not only protected by moderators but people are banned for pointing out their non-/a/- anime and manga, shitposting.

The real conundrum is that /a/ is currently overloaded with stupidly self entitled manchildren whom bitch and scream like a spastic having a fit when someone doesn't conform to their little hivemind groupthink and team hotpoket instead of telling these people to fuck off, they protect and promote this disgusting autism which only serves to create safe spaces for insufferable faggots unable to ignore things they don't enjoy.

A thread about the UN calling for certain anime and manga to be banned or restricted from being sold in certain countries gets shitposted to a bunch of spergs then deleted, despite being about anime and manga, while one of the countless "I want to fuck X", "why is Y best girl" or "post [something that belongs on /c/]"threads end up 300/200/50.
>>
File: 1446853050184.png (13KB, 1119x123px) Image search: [Google]
1446853050184.png
13KB, 1119x123px
>>442547
>stupidly self entitled manchildren
I'm pretty sure that is you who is the stupid self-entitled manchild for getting upset that a board has its own set of culture and way of doing things and demanding it change and cater to you.
>>
>>442547
I never really said if I thought the RWBY manga should or should not be on /a/. I was more typing my thoughts on the matter.
>Buyfag general, DJT general, aikatsu/precure/lovelive/jojo generals all discuss tangential things and they are not only protected by moderators but people are banned for pointing out their non-/a/- anime and manga, shitposting.
That raises a very good point. 4chan is a single website, but some people want to treat each board like its own website. 4chan's actual sense of community is nearly nonexistent because of this. This mindset is one reason why so many people on this website are so hostile towards each other.
>>
>>442547
>The real conundrum is that /a/ is currently overloaded with stupidly self entitled manchildren whom bitch and scream like a spastic having a fit when someone doesn't conform to their little hivemind groupthink and team hotpoket instead of telling these people to fuck off, they protect and promote this disgusting autism which only serves to create safe spaces for insufferable faggots unable to ignore things they don't enjoy.

In my experience all boards on the site are like this.
>>
>>442590
>post from 2013

LOL, that mod probably isn't even on the staff anymore.
>>
>>442547
>ウルトラジャンプ

Why didn't you just say Ultra Jump?
>>
File: 1442209270317.png (526KB, 521x432px) Image search: [Google]
1442209270317.png
526KB, 521x432px
>>436037
>Someone who was around for chanology, wouldn't even fucking consider participating in GG
Im-fucking-plying. I was around for both, and watched both succumb to moralfaggotry, amateur-hour d&c and objective derailment. I figured there would have at least been a few others around to help prevent GG from making the same mistakes and falling for the same traps. But no, newfags and emigrating redditors won out through mob rule.
>>
>>442547
I didn't say it's not a manga, I said it's not just any manga. It's not comparable to, say, One Punch Man. Because of its origins.
Thread posts: 259
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.