[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

._._._._._.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: MemesNotAsGoodAsB4.png (514KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
MemesNotAsGoodAsB4.png
514KB, 1024x681px
Do you think memes aren't as good as they used to be? Or better than ever?
>>
link to vid?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-04-21-47-10.png (406KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-04-21-47-10.png
406KB, 854x480px
>>435235
Sure thing famalam. Great vid IMHO.

https://youtu.be/eyUNGUJ25Gc
>>
I think they each used to be their own unique thing (for the most part). Now, everything is just a variation on the same meme (like ______posting).
>>
>>435236
thanks mang
>>
I have some ideas on this but it's just specukation on my part. At least from my experience, opinions on memes comes in gradual phases over time.

The issue is there is a time when people first become aware of memes as a thing and they have an age of discovery where, for months or years, they revel in learning all lingo and humor and participating in it. Somehow most of them are funny to you quite possibly just because you are delighted knowing it is some social in joke and you are learning how to be cool/"with it" online. Perhaps even the dumber they are the more amusing they are to you just for that novelty factor.

After this discovery phase you begin to get tired of them and no longer see their usage as a good stand-in for actually good/fun discussion. You may not mind them much either way or they may sometimes elicit a mild chuckle or wry smile if very well timed/executed.

Sometime after that point you may start to get annoyed at people still posting memes/memetic language in lieu of any attempt at conversation and even well done uses are just all stupid substitutes for talk. I guess it depends on how much you genuinely care about trying to discuss the topic at hand on his well you'll react to things getting memed on. Shit threads on shit topics you don't care get shitty keme replies because it's not like you yourself were going to bother trying to get anything out of the thread. If it's on (your favorite thing) and try as you might to spark a productive chat it gets memed on, then at that point you may turn against memes or even the board altogether if it happens too much.
>>
memes are getting danker every day, senpai

if you can't handle the succ...

...lmao she still won't stop succin
>>
File: 1454501127627.jpg (213KB, 1154x898px) Image search: [Google]
1454501127627.jpg
213KB, 1154x898px
My hope is to spread knowledge about memes so that people can understand our heritage, and we can create better memes in the future!

To be very honest family.
>>
>>435254
*smashes that mfin like*
>>
there are still some funny ones but the dumb shit gets posted more and stays around forever. like this faggot here >>435264, i'd strangle you with your own intestines if I ever met you irl for thinking you're funny.
>>
File: 1453468600581.png (278KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453468600581.png
278KB, 512x384px
>>435230
>Do you think memes aren't as good as they used to be?
Yes,now memes always have to be some ironic or post-ironic bullshit.
>>
>>435230

They're as good as they've ever been tbqh, people complaining about them being worse simply got older and can no longer appreciate that sort of retarded humor.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.