[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOXIC anonymous culture needs to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: jidfcdn_a890ef82c2.jpg (47KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
jidfcdn_a890ef82c2.jpg
47KB, 400x323px
This is the official petition for Hiro to enable IDs on ALL boads. Coward posting needs to end NOW, there is literally no reason for anonymous posting to exist in 2016.

The government knows who is posting, the site staff know who is posting, the only people kept in the dark is YOU, the users.
>>
benis
>>
>>434905
pls no dox
>>
Maybe reddit is more your speed?
>>
Post IDs and forced anonymous should be a thing on all boards regardless. To cut down on samefagging even further, there needs to be eome sort of ID system to distinguish mobile IPs from desktops.

It would also be nice if: 1.) OPs could not bump their own threads on any board, and 2.) Bumping posts without adding any content to the discussion becomes a bannable offense.
>>
>>434912
I don't want to push my luck but honestly it would be better if there were two separate versions of the site, one for mobile users (aka 'normies') and another 'legacy' version of the site for those still on PC.

Having the ability to distinguish PC users (who could potentially be proxy or TOR) would be useful as well though.

Hiro if you're gonna spend all this money on the site, do a little renovation. The ROI will be huge.
>>
>>434902
IDs don't actually provide much in the way of stability of knowing who is who in a thread. If anything they give people samefagging a way to cover their asses going "noooo I'm not samefagging at all, see, this response here I made on my phone has a different ID, thus this guy who is not me is right and awesome"

You can also look at /pol/ with flags and IDs.. No one gives a fuck about the IDs, mostly just the flags. This is because they know they can't trust the IDs as a real marker for someone in a thread. So why bother with them at all? I guess you could say "well why not" but it does feel like it eats away at a core principle of the site and is only applied to idiots who need a tighter leash like /pol/ and /b/.
>>
>>434918
While making this change may not 100% eradicate the problem, it will certainly improve things. Attempting perfection is the enemy of progress.

I can't comment on /pol/ because I don't visit there for obvious reasons.
>>
>>434902
>TOXIC anonymous culture needs to go
Why?
>This is the official petition for Hiro to enable IDs on ALL boads.
You are literally the only person who wants this, OP.
>Coward posting needs to end NOW, there is literally no reason for anonymous posting to exist in 2016.
There is no reason *not* to post as anonymous either, despite your opinion that it's 'cowardly'.
>The government knows who is posting, the site staff know who is posting, the only people kept in the dark is YOU, the users.
So all is as it should be. What's the problem here?
>>
>>434936
>Why?
Because toxicity is not a sustainable quality if you want a community to flourish and attract new users.

>You are literally the only person who wants this
Proof please. Anybody that understands the issue fully would want 4chan's faux anonymity discarded ASAP

>There is no reason
It leads to toxic culture and discourages growth

>What's the problem?
Are you a government shill or just jokeposting? I honestly can't tell.
>>
bait.jpg

>>434912
here's your (you)
>>
File: kZbK2pI.jpg (179KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
kZbK2pI.jpg
179KB, 800x500px
>>434902
Stop doing this.
>>
>>434947
Don't fucking try and silence me by calling me an idiot jfc take your community seriously or you'll lose it
>>
>>434944
Worked for the last decade
>>
So bait thread? Ok here's one.

Reddit ie so much better than 4chan because of the up vote/down vote system.
>>
File: 1453397278635.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453397278635.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>434949
>take your community seriously or you'll lose it
You're the one who isn't taking it seriously.Anonymity is one of 4chan's cornerstones,removing it would go against the elemental beliefs and principles of this website,it's founder and it's current owner.

Any anon would understand that,except you because: a)You're severely retarded or b)You're just baiting
>>
>>434951
>Worthless moneysink in the midst of the biggest biggest tech bubble of all time
Not sure it has been working anonymous

>>434954
Here's your (you) I guess, thanks for stopping by

>>434959
Nice vintage meme's. Look, let me level with you here. Anonymity worked in 2005 when the web was a completely different animal. But things are different now and the drawbacks outweigh the benefits by far.

The core value of this site is in its community, the subject matter discussed and the fact that it's the biggest meme factory on earth. But as old users 'age out' of the community and move on and get jobs, Hiro's gonna need a way to replace them and keep the site growing. It needs to be more accessible in a post-snowden, post-mobile world. Otherwise yikyak's gonna eat Hiro's lunch.
>>
>>434969
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>434971
You literally just downvoted me and contributed nothing else

bravo
>>
>>434972
You literally want to turn 4chan into reddit, yoyr stance has nothing to do with quality of the site and everything to do with money grubbing and popularity
>>
>>434974
What does reddit represent in your head? The Jews? Growing up? Your dad? I don't get what the big deal is.
>>
>>434976
You also don't understand business and your greatest idea to improve the site is infantile mimicry. Go back to your community college please
>>
>>434977
You realize reddit isn't the only site ever to have accounts, right? Or is that the only place you ever used before coming here?
>>
>>434978
That's besides the point. You're still merely copying others because they're successful
>>
>>434980
Pretty sure there is no other site with forced per-thread randomized IDs

Also pretty sure no other site has made this shift for growth purposes

Am I wrong? Who am I subconsciously imitating?
>>
>>434969
>It leads to toxic culture and discourages growth
>Because toxicity is not a sustainable quality if you want a community to flourish and attract new users.
>Hiro's gonna need a way to replace them and keep the site growing.
>Otherwise yikyak's gonna eat Hiro's lunch.
Now i see,you think of 4chan in business terms,that we need "to update" to attract more people and make money or that's what is implied.But that not how this works,the community has always been more important than profit,moot ran 4chan at a loss for quite some time because he cared about the community,and when it started generating money it just breaked even with the server expenses.The changes you purpose go against 4chan's principles and it's community,they're just to pander to a wider demographic because you seem to think that 4chan is facebook or some lucrative company.
>>
>>434990
I'm not thinking of it from a business perspective, but that's how Hiro thinks of it, and he's the only person I care about hearing this idea.

It also benefits me as a user to have forced IDs in every thread.
>>
>>435863
Why would Hiro piss off the userbase by doing that?

Do you not think that the userbase enjoys posting Anonymously?
>>
>>435909
The potential userbase that is currently alientated by the confusing web 1.0 message board interface is far greater than the Children of Moot, and far more likely to spend more $$$. Hiro knows that.
>>
I hate to say it, but I think an ID system of sorts would work a bit. cripplechan's /v/ uses one, and so do most of its boards and no one complains about it
>>
>>436106
>that is currently alientated by the confusing web 1.0 message board interface is far greater than the Children of Moot
Kill yourself, you low quality troll.

>>436114
That's because shitgag is mostly composed of redditards, newfags and in general idiots. ID's don't fix anything. There is a reason they wre removed from /a/ and that's they only create more shitposting, then stopping it.

Trying to compare 4chan is other chans is one of the stupidest things you can do, as the size, scale, fame, userbase and the amount of new people coming daily is worlds apart.
>>
>>436106
It's traumatizing for me to think that pseudo-anonymous posting on the internet is under attack from people who share your opinion.
>>
File: 1454066285954.jpg (17KB, 505x475px) Image search: [Google]
1454066285954.jpg
17KB, 505x475px
>>434945
>literally jidf in the filename
OP needs to try harder tbqh
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.