[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is hate speech still tolerated on 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

File: hsfs.jpg (146KB, 1207x907px) Image search: [Google]
hsfs.jpg
146KB, 1207x907px
Why is hate speech still tolerated on 4chan?
>>
That image is useless because there is no free speech on 4chan.
>>
This thread is solid, objective EVIDENCE that the red-pill lifestyle is under active attack from the SJW HORDES. Thus, the only logical course of action is to RAISE /pol/'s standard DEFENSE BUDGET.
>>
>>434742
Hate speech is allowed because of site culture faggot.

You don't like it you can leave anytime.
>>
>>434742
None of what your quaint infographic says disproves that hate speech = free speech. Free speech doesn't give a shit about your feelings.
>>
YOU GOT ME MAD NOW
>>
>it RIPS people to shreads
Haha oh my fuck
>>
>>434742
"Sticks and stones" didn't really stick with this generation, did it?
>>
prove to me youre real
>>
nigger kike cuk XD le
>>
>>434811
It's mostly because the odds of you ever encountering sticks and stones in your life is so incredibly low that words are the only thing left that can hurt you. There's no use comparing the two. You're basically making the "Starving Children In Africa are dying so this isn't important" argument when you bring it up.

Remember, Suicide rates are double Homicide rates in the US. Everybody who has mean things said to them is likely bringing it upon themselves in some way, so whenever you feel the need to be mean to somebody, you're probably not alone. You're probably adding to thousands and thousands of times they've had hurtful words slung their way, and with each attack the probability they'll commit suicide increases.

Please be kind to your fellow human being. We're all lonely together.
>>
>>434841
yuor a jew
>>
>>434841
Hello, 20-something college student.
>>
>>434845
Hello 20-something-year-old unable-to-afford-college burger flipper.
>>
black guy's benis
epic win for red pill army
lol u got cheated on? lol just lol
>>
>>434841
If someone commits suicide because of hurt feelings they didn't deserve to live anyway.
>>
>>434848
lol literally NTR'd
>>
>>434849
If somebody gets murdered because they were too weak to fend off an attacker with their badass katana, they deserved to die. There is no murder, only assisted suicide.
>>
>>434851
truly, the weak should fear the strong #darkenlightenment
>>
>>434851
Having someone try to kill you isn't your choice. Nice try, though.
>>
>>434853
dumb kekold
>>
>>434853
People are going to try to kill you just as they're going to say mean things to you. You can defend yourself against a violent attacker just as easily as you can defend your mind from a mean wordsmith. Diplomacy is part of war. It's your own fault if you're too much of a wimp to use your awesome katana to deflect bullets, bitch.
>>
>>434851
Words don't cause physical or emotional harm unless you let them.
>>
>>434855
A punch hurts because your nervous system reacts negatively to impact trauma.

Words hurt because you decided that they do.
>>
>>434847
>>434848
>>434849
>>434850
>>434851
>>434852
>>434853
>>434854
>>434855
>>434856
>>434857
consecutive numbers
>>
>>434856
The same is true of fists and bullets. You can dodge and block them, retard. You don't have to let them harm you. I train every day with the sword to protect myself and those I care about.
>>
>>434859
Man I hope you realize how stupid you sound.
>>
>>434859
Are you just going to ride on your false equivalence argument?
>>
>>434860
You're the one who sounds stupid if you think bullets have any effect on the strong. Put some responsibility on yourself.

>>434861
If you really think it's a false equivalency, it only shows how weak you are. You think the thing you can handle is easy and the thing you can't handle is hard? Well guess what. In the real world, what you think doesn't matter. It's what you DO that defines you. If you're so pathetic that you can't handle a violent attacker then you're shit. Spend some time in my realm and you'll realize just how pointless you are. Have you ever even encountered an archfiend? Wimp.
>>
netorare general
>>
>>434862
>You think the thing you can handle is easy and the thing you can't handle is hard?
Yes.
>>
>>434866
nice dubs
>>434858
>>434859
>>434860
>>434861
>>434862
>>434863
six consecutive numbers
>>
>>434862
Are we going for the "I am merely pretending be retarded!" angle now?
>>
>>434869
Are you not?

Woah. Nevermind I don't wanna touch this thread anymore. Later.
>>
>>434742
>go on /qa/ for first time in months
>its literally tumblr
what happened
>>
>>434869
He was literally talking about blocking bullets with a katana, dude. How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>434875
He was exaggerating to make a point.
>>
>>434878
And how is facing off against an Archfiend not?
>>
>>434878
What point was that? Because all I said was that words cannot cause bodily harm. And only cause emotional harm when you allow them to. His point got lost in his posts.
>>
>>434873
false flagging because /qa/ is one letter away from /q/
>>
>>434873
/q/2.0 and the return of SRS happened.
>>
File: self-esteem.jpg (40KB, 600x189px) Image search: [Google]
self-esteem.jpg
40KB, 600x189px
Because "hate speech" is a term so vaguely defined and inconsistently applied as to be functionally meaningless, so when you ban one thing under the excuse of eliminating "hate speech" you set a precedent to allow anything anyone disagrees with or feels even slightly uncomfortable about to also be banned.

Look up R vs Elliot. Guy gets arrested and has to spend 2 years fighting court battles because he disagreed with a feminist on Twitter. Even though both parties conceded right from the start he said nothing threatening or advocating violence.
>>
>>434890
>replying seriously
lol cuck'd
>>
>>434890
>Canada

Why am I not surprised
>>
>>434894
caNTRda
>>
>>434879
When facing an archfiend the time to make your points is over, then it is time to use them.
>>
We can't objectively qualify something like "hate speech." Different people are offended by different things, some less reasonable than others.

As far the Internet is concerned, you have to be responsible for your own online habits. If shitposting bothers you that badly, then steer clear of social media, chat rooms and message boards, because you're not doing yourself any favors by continuing to associate with people you simply cannot tolerate. Enforcing rules against "hate speech" is something that has to be done on a site-per-site basis, and only if the Web administrator wants to enforce such rules in the first place. I don't agree with unilaterally imposing hate speech laws on any and all content hosted on the Internet.

As far as dealing with hate speech in person, I have no problem with allowing people to use force in response to bullying or fighting words. If someone makes a clear threat of bodily harm against you, or they persistently follow and harass you, you should have every right to kick their teeth in without any fear of legal retaliation. Of course, that's not how the law works. Just make sure there aren't any witnesses around if you decide beat the shit out of any /pol/lacks.
>>
Free speech means hate speech, and it's tolerated here. Only things which are deleted are shitposts, in last days the most prominent one being

>go back to the bogeyman
>>
File: yepp.png (308KB, 506x557px) Image search: [Google]
yepp.png
308KB, 506x557px
Please define hate speech.

Also, who is going to decide what "Hate speech" means.
>>
>>434886
SRS never happened, more like overprotective cripplefaggers happened. We see complaints about SJWs and redditors all the time like they were the majority, but they appear only very rarely here. Most of the time "SJW attacks" turn out to be but an effect of thinking that image in /pol/'s sticky is supposed to be a bingo card.
>>
>>434930
>SRS never happened

Their rhetoric often appears here, and only they use that kind of rhetoric: numerous threads saying that they want to delete /pol/, they whine about /pol/ crossboarders trying to "redpill" users, and call anyone who doesn't agree with them a "stormweenie". They're as paranoid as the worst kind of unironic /pol/posters.
>>
>>434940
all false flags
easy
>>
>>434941
For what purpose?
>>
File: srsdoesntcaredude.png (231KB, 1276x645px) Image search: [Google]
srsdoesntcaredude.png
231KB, 1276x645px
>>434940
srs doesn't care about 4chan and never has. They care about reddit. The last time anybody on srs even MENTIONED 4chan was three years ago, apparently.
>>
>>434940

That's not SRS though. 4chan is the only website I browse, and this is annoying as fuck too. Pretty much everytime someone asks a question about a tribal culture on /his/, for example, discussion about IQ derails the thread. IQ isn't culture, it's something completely unrelated and such discussions have their place somewhere else, namely in a separate thread. Such redpilling (the most common form of it, at least) isn't a contribution, it's an offtopic shitpost.

I have never seen the use of "stormweenie" you described here.
>>
File: memes.png (79KB, 742x630px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
79KB, 742x630px
>>434946
You didn't answer my question tho. The SRS meme died on /pol/ too, so why are there still people on here using the very same /q/ rhetoric from 2012?

>>434957
Report and hide.

Also:
>>429504
>>430708
>>430741
>>433106
>>433114
>>
>>434975
Because /qa/ is full of redditors and they think their reddit-specific boogeymen are relevant outside of reddit, I guess.
>>
>>434979
what is it that makes you think they are redditors?
>>
>>434983
Well I guess I don't see why somebody that isn't from reddit would think that somebody from "Shit Reddit Says" would give a shit about 4chan. I concede the point though that non-redditors might think that a highly specific subset of the subset of the subset of another website would have enough of a presence here on 4chan to spam threads effectively.
>>
>>434986
Oh, so it was meant as a subtle insult.

in that case, many leftists here have r/theredpill or r/mensrights as a boogeyman.
>>
>>434742
Because political correctness goes against free speech.
>>
File: 1378712014811.png (428KB, 1106x621px) Image search: [Google]
1378712014811.png
428KB, 1106x621px
>>434986
>Well I guess I don't see why somebody that isn't from reddit would think that somebody from "Shit Reddit Says" would give a shit about 4chan.
Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.
>>
>>434946
>>434930
There is a thread on the catalog right now criclejerking over r/games.
>>
File: 143856769997454.jpg (17KB, 447x342px) Image search: [Google]
143856769997454.jpg
17KB, 447x342px
>>434930
>an effect of thinking that image in /pol/'s sticky is supposed to be a bingo card
10/10
>>
Because MUH FREEZE PEACH and shitty board culture even if it's deprived of empathy or any concept of human moral whatsoever. Also, the constant "ironic" general shittness attracted legit shitbags that spread their toxic hatred all across this godforsaken site. When they get called out on it, the typical response is LOL ITS JUST A JOKE FAGGOT or SJW or something else asinine. 4chan overall just uses the ability to say whatever they want to act like idiots, plain and simple, and whats to say bullshit in your hugbox. Exactly like fucking Reddit.
>>
>/pol/tards are so dumb they actually bite on this
>>
>>434856
Spotted the emotional stunted teenager. Leave your house occasionally.
>>
>>435015
>/a/utists are so dumb they don't know a meme when they see one
>>
>>435020
Who said I go on /a/?

Are you feeling culturally butt-threatened by anime again?
>>
>>435017
>Being an overly sensitive cry baby

How was growing up without a father?
>>
Reminder that the "b-but muh freeze peach" argument is totally invalid because there is no real free speech on 4chan, especially on /pol/, as we have established on this /qa/ thread:

http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/qa/thread/373096
>>
>>435070
Relax faggot, we're talking about hate speech not free speech.
>>
>>435090

You quoted the wrong post, you should've quoted all the posts defending the posting of hate speech on 4chan, they're the ones who mentioned free speech first, you mouthbreathing piece of shit.
>>
>>435961
Nope I quoted the right post, look how it's triggered you.
>>
>>435962

You're so edgy, isn't it time to leave your basement for your nightly chocolate milk? Mom's calling you!
>>
>>435966
I don't have a basement and my parents have been dead for 25 years. What now?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>435968
>>
>>434851
>being called names on the internet or in real life is even remotely similar to being fucking murdered

Okay.
>>
>>436139
>Remotely.

It is. It DOES have a REMOTE similarity.

Weasel words make you vulnerable when you put them in other people's mouths.
>>
>SRS is made
>it becomes the worst place on Reddit
>[s4s] is made
>ironically enough it becomes the best place on 4chan
>>
>>436142
Not really.
>>
>>436153
Little bit.
>>
>>436159
Nope.
>>
>>436160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eo48QkNcjc Yep.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.