[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix /v/ hiro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (102KB, 640x692px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 640x692px
An hiro please ban all discussion of
e-celebs and "Video game culture"
>>
>>434683
difine celeb bell end.
>>
>>434686
It's flooding the board and needs to be banned or contained in /Trash/ or /b/
>>
>>434683
>ban e-celebs
yes
>and video game culture
no, that's actually relevant
>>
>>434689
Okay. Fine, But e-celebs have to go.
>>
Shameless-self bump
>>
>>434683
Bump
>>
Yeah, you can't exactly define "culture", but e-celebs are easily identifiable.
>>
>>434699
Okay. But I want hiro to just make /b/-tier threads and e-celebs bannable
>>
Bump. I want this thread to take off
>>
>>434683
The problem with /v/ isn't "video game culture", but the tremendous amount of newfags
It's called blue /b/ for a reason, because anyone can make a thread and drop destroy any kind of quality /v/ could ever have. And mods never ban those people. Maybe they have contrived some master plan to destroy /v/ because FUCK video games.

Having a bunch of flavor of the month shit doesn't help.
Undertale is on the scale of /mlp/ and Steven's Universe, but it's perfectly okay. Ponies are annoying, but not faggots literally coming from tumblr to spam their disgusting drawings and act autistic.
These faggots make /vg/ look good in comparison, and /vg/ is a shitposting hell hole
>>
vg made v redundant

it's where all the redditors get their feet wet working up the courage to browse the rest of 4chan

simply open up the tabs of each general of the games you are currently interested in talking about
>>
>>434683
>Video game culture
We need a solid and reasonable definition of what video game culture is, before change might occur.

To have an easy start, I believe the foundation of the discussed material should be based in video games, meaning that "Gamer food/beverage" threads and other topics/subjects that are not grounded/originated in video games, should be shown far less leniency. And that such threads should be quickly deleted - and occasionally punished - if not kept almost entirely related to to video games.

(Partial) Example:
Let's say someones decides to start a "Music in Video Games" thread. The thread is made, and people start to post and discuss music that is in video games. Now what if, for some reason, people start posting music that is not in video games, and the thread becomes more about music outside of video games? That is when the thread may become a contender for deletion, and the OP and/or a few repeat offender posters might deserve a warning (or even a ban in some cases).
>>
>>434709
It's probably a combination of /b/ being riddled with cancer and newfags that come to /v/ because video games are a popular thing now. All I want is to talk about vidya and not the people that play them
>>
>>434718
Okay. I agree with you.
>>
>>434718
Been there, done that. All it resulted in was a sticky, a couple bans, "Tertiary as fuck" shitposting and eventually everything went back to how it was.
Offtopic threads and e-celebs aren't even the source of the problem, they're more of a symptom. /v/ had a reputation of being /b/ with video games for years and frankly it was fine because the board was much slower and vidya threads stayed up while the offtop itself was usually mildly amusing and not just pure shitposting. Then video games grew in popularity, as did 4chan, and hordes of newfags barged in, took the "/v/ loves rage and hates everything" stereotype too seriously and proceeded to shitpost everything in sight to death. The overall knowledge of vidya dropped dramatically as well, as did the level of discussion. Short replies with no arguments but filled with empty insults are the norm now and the place looks like Steam forums. Then more newfags come, see it and think that's how this place is supposed to work. Rinse and repeat. And you can't even moderate that shit, no matter how well you nail the rules, since the board is just too damn fast.
Honestly, I feel like trying to fix /v/ is like trying to apply chemo to /b/. The place is just far too crowded for anything to work.
I guess we could try the post timer idea in the other thread, but I'm slightly worried about shitposters taking refugee elsewhere.
>>
>>434776
I know just enough about the history of /v/ since about 2010, so I like to think I have a basic understanding of what you're saying. Forcing /v/ to slow down is one of the few things we can hope would help. So many people come here just to drop a dumb comment in a thread they don't care about at all. 4chan isn't a chatroom led by a few kids. It's currently full of pointless filler that the users and mods to sift through to find something worthwhile. If you can slow the rate of posts, then it might improve. I honestly believe the best way to fix 4chan in general, is for it to nearly die, and then slowly grow back to a more manageable size than it currently is.
>>
>>430737
>>
>>434718
>Now what if, for some reason, people start posting music that is not in video games, and the thread becomes more about music outside of video games? That is when the thread may become a contender for deletion, and the OP and/or a few repeat offender posters might deserve a warning (or even a ban in some cases).
What the fuck? Why punish the OP? Why not punish just the off-topic-posters?
>>
>>434967
Only the thread would be deleted the first 2 times to give people a hint. If the OP continues to make the thread while making hints towards encouraging off-topic posts, and/or is seen talking to and encouraging off-topic posts, a warning would be required for the OP and individuals that are actively and continually posting off-topic content. After maybe 4 or 5 of these threads, bans would need to be handed out to specific people.
>>
>>434709
Undertale has become what it has, due to retards complaining about shit they don't like. Over half of the threads are troll-threads, and people on /v/ always take the bait.
>>
>>435239
It will continue until people learn to stop complaining about shit they don't like and instead just discuss things they do like.
>>
File: 1453322124094.jpg (22KB, 741x530px) Image search: [Google]
1453322124094.jpg
22KB, 741x530px
>>434689
>no, that's actually relevant
File name threads.
What did _____ mean by this?
Characters who are literally you.
Go to this not videogames site that gives not videogame related images and put a videogame quote on it, post here.
Console war threads.

Many other "culture" threads. Culture its self isn't bad, having the occasional thread wouldn't be terrible but these are generals up 24/7 and do nothing but shitpost. No your fucking simpsons gif is not videogame related just because you gave it a video game referenced name.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.