[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on this board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 23

File: a.png (3KB, 224x163px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
3KB, 224x163px
redpill me on this board.
>>
>>432119
all you need to know is in the 5 or 6 complaint threads about /a/ in the /qa/ catalog.
>>
>>432119
It's pretty much /v/ with an elitism complex
>>
>>432119
should be renamed to /faggets/ because thats all they are and all theyll ever be
>>
>>432119
/a/ for inv/a/sions
>>
/a/ for 7 years and I can tell you that /a/ simply does not like anime.
>>
>>432119
This is coming from someone who's been there since 2007, it used to be the best place to discuss anime and /a/ were xenophobia except for certain boards like /k/. Then moot left and /a/ changed drastically, they started to have no self respect and went on to shitpost on other boards. I blame the faggots who stopped telling gaia to fuck off and switched on to hate reddit, gaia was the real problem hiding on /a/ and secretly replacing us.
>>
>>432208
do people really believe someone shitposting in another board would just tell which board does he come from? come on
>>
>>432226
They really do shitpost on other boards but I know what you're saying, I've seen people getting mad at anime posting thinking someone who uses an anime image = /a/, it's just stupid.
>>
>>432208
It's very obvious why this is happening now. They are very nervous about losing influence now that moot is gone. They're actively shitposting on other boards so that they can claim that this is an "anime website".

Anime and /a/ are slowly dying.
>>
>>432144
Hardly, /a/ has standards. Its users basically built a fence of common expectations to make it so the usual 4chan meta does not apply to there. Shitty memes like Pepe and drakeposting are deleted on sight. Blatantly off topic shit is too, or at least is intended to in obvious threads (mods miss it sometimes).

Basically /a/ is the only high traffic topical board that actually functions relatively well. /a/ shitposting is acually usually about /a/ material, and if people want to force non-/a/ stuff on there they are typically shooed off. This is probably why moot himself said it's the best board. It isn't close to perfect, but no board is.

The thing is most other big boards being non topical excuses them from having standards to exercise. This is how r9k fell into the hole it's in; no one said it -can't- be an emo faggot self pity board. On the other hand some big boards are just not on /a/'s standard.. If /pol/ users were more like /a/'s attitude they would not tolerate conspiracy shit, retarded shit like flat earth or kek-god meme magic, or just too off-topic shit like flat out economics, current events, social media etc. The issue is that there are boundaries where you are way out of how things relate to politics, and they are miles past that boundary and don't care because they only see that lax moderation as an excuse to infuse everything with their furthest-right shilling.
>>
>>432248
>very nervous about losing influence
This is how you know /a/ is composed of different people now, before /a/ used to tell the rest of 4chan to fuck off, anytime someone new came along they would tell them to fuck off or lurk more. Anime is growing in the west it isn't dying and /a/ just changed. Mods are too docile since 2015, at this point it's just better to leave /a/ alone and let it play out.
>>
>>432269
>/a/ has standards
Hahaha wow
>>
What the heck does redpill mean, in the context of 4chan?
>>
>>432412
>posts twitter faggot shit

Yes, it does. You posting some unfunny shit meme not even from this site yo
indicates that you yourself fundamentally don't get what 4chan standards even are, let alone /a/'s. If you try to deflect your faggotry going "b-but I was posting that ironically" that doesn't excuse it at all.
>>
>>432412
/v/ermin spotted.
>>
>>432460
Not him but /a/ right now doesn't have standards anymore, Kinomod leaving meant /a/ is dead.
>>
>>432208
>and went on to shitpost on other board
This doesn't happen, you fucking retard.
>>
It's nice if you want to talk about your favorite girl or repost things over and over but not good for actual anime discussion
>>
>>432471
a.) Kinomod is still around
b.) Nipplemod incident shows /a/ definitely has a spine and sticks up for itself
c.) Shitty off topic threads are far more often than not deleted quickly; what else are mods supposed to do? They are not community guides, but rather guardrails for quality.
>>
File: Sometimes mods can be gods.jpg (63KB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
Sometimes mods can be gods.jpg
63KB, 640x369px
>>432484
>Kinomod is still around
I keep hearing this but there's no proof other than a mod posting with a picture of kino like 2 or 3 times
>shows /a/ definitely has a spine and sticks up for itself
It doesn't matter how much /a/ changes, that was for sure to happen.
>guardrails for quality
Shitty off topic threads are on almost every day some get deleted instantly others survive for 200-300 posts without spamming, I'm not blaming the mods but rather the anons who take those threads seriously. Mods do their job it's just I want them to go the extra mile like they used to do years ago. Pic related is something I heard recently that they did, they should do it more often.
>>
>>432527
The few times he posted he said very Kinomod like things like "feel free to tell people to lurk". If it isn't him it's a spiritual successor, but I kind of doubt someone else like him would want to masquerade as someone else rather than use a different series to put a connection with. I mean if I were a mod I'd post with Hidamaris or something.
>>
File: 1428858837702.png (136KB, 273x397px) Image search: [Google]
1428858837702.png
136KB, 273x397px
>>432530
>Hidamaris
It's a good thing you aren't.
>>
>>432534
>kore wa zombie
Same back to you for endorsing mediocre flavor of yesteryear while daring to imply implications. Hidamari is timeless and there are justly numerous banners for it; someone high in the food chain disagrees with you.
>>
>>432269
>>432460
>I wanna fuck X
>X a cute, A CUTE!
>which X would you Y?
>purest form of love
>generals are breeding cancer grounds
>stupid Keit-ai forced memes
>buyfags, /e/tier threads and other shit that doesn't belong there at all
>overused stuttering and tilde posting
>obnoxious weebspeak

Wow such high quality
/a/ is just a shadow of its former self
>>
>>432547
It really is ironic. I'm not surprised someone who still loves that garbage doesn't understand the greatness of Hidamari, but I tried Zombie when it was new and found it to be utter trash.
>>
>>432566
>>I wanna fuck X
>>X a cute, A CUTE!
>>which X would you Y?
These are all generalculture, since that's all they fucking do, which is why there is so much of it. Fuck I wish the mods would fucking kill the stupid fuckers already.
>>
>>432566
>stuttering and tildes
>weebspeak

That only shows you don't actually use /a/. Oddly enough it's the crossboarders posting anime outside of /a/ doing tilde~ shit and generally acting far more like faggots than actual /a/ users. I think it's more like you see /a/ rejects chased off of there and think that's /a/.

It's also clear you looked at the catalog and think you know the board. If you actually go into threads you will often (but not always) find actual discussion.
>>
>>432566
>> and other shit that doesn't belong there at all
Gonna need you to link this shit.
>>
>>432566
>stupid Keit-ai forced memes
I agree, these newfags wasn't even here for Ghostslide.
>>
Just like any other board, only more arrogant.
>>
>>432566
A lot of this bullshit is in /v/ too
>>
>>432119
A board that hasn't really changed much from 2010 other than the memes and the time between 2012-13 where mods got rid of generals until they slacked up again.
>>
>>432566
you forgot Selfmoderation.
Where /a/nons are paranoid that people from other sites will come and ruin /a/ so they shitpost pretending to be those imaginary enemies in order to turn the rest of /a/ against them and then spam those thread unendingly to show that those threads aren't accepted. They call this spam selfmoderation.
>>
>>432248
I love this meme so much. So many of you westacucks love saying that because you want 4chan to the next big social media site. You hate anime because it triggers you for some stupid reason
>>
Every time I post they call me a fig
Very rude board, pls delete
>>
I'M ON 4CHAN BUT I HATE ANIME THAT'S SO QUIRKY SOMEONE PLEASE NOTICE ME GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>433206
Nice projection retard
>>
>>433206
>le 4chan is anime website meme
Is this 2004?
>>
>>433381
>le gag markz
I lmaooooo'd
>>
>>433206
>the next big social media site
What the hell are you talking about? Stop making assumptions, weebfuck.
>>
File: troll face.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
troll face.png
57KB, 300x300px
if 4chan's a anime site, how come I don't like anime?
#btfucko
>>
/a/ isn't just the largest and fastest anime board on the web - it's the smartest. Get past the best girl fights and shitposting exterior and you'll find far and away the most knowledgeable animu fans on the web.
>>
>>432471
>Pacha threads sweeping through /v/, /vp/ and /co/
>Instantly taken down when they tried to settle on /a/
Nazi moderation and self moderation does work. I also recall the TADAIMA threads getting clogged to death with Gochiusa pics.
>>
>>432119
>we like anime!
>but only anime that isn't popular

"Isn't anime niche already? Why do you care to split up the fandom?"
>fuck off reddit/newfag

Mix in an overwhelming percentage of hostile lolicon and moefags and you have /a/.

It's my home board by the way, and you're silly if you don't think this is what it's become.
>>
>>433388
>you'll find far and away the most knowledgeable animu fans on the web
When's the last time you've regularly browsed or posted there? I've seen such a dramatic drop in any sort of knowledgeable discussion unless you're talking very very series specific threads.
>>
File: ron2.png (2MB, 1584x1020px) Image search: [Google]
ron2.png
2MB, 1584x1020px
I'm from /pol/ and I don't have a problem with /a/ or their culture, as long as it stays on /a/ or related boards.

Is this ironic? y/n?
>>
>>433399

Daily.

When was the last time you tried to discuss animu on another website?
>>
>>433416
Years ago. Maybe I don't see this on /a/ because I stopped making threads there. I don't much to say about anime at this point.
>>
>>433419

It's not that /a/ is amazing, it's that everywhere else is terrible. At least /a/nons know what they're talking about.
>>
>>433388
>the most knowledgeable animu fans on the web
Hahahahahhahahaha
How is possible to have such giganti superiority complex
>>
>>433397
You should learn the history of /a/ before you start calling it your homeboard.
>>
>>433126
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth
>>
>>433427
Not only does that not matter in context to what OP is asking but nothing I posted should have you assume I don't know.
>>
>>432475
t. Someone who either looked at the catalog once or got their information about /a/ from /v/

Seriously, I don't know why you borderline incompetents say this regurgitated myth when it's easily disproved by actually looking at what threads are up.
>>
>>433566
/a/ is just /v/ with bigger superiority complex, get over it
>>
>>433574
Maybe your argument would be valid if /v/ was for Japanese games only. Only the Jap side of /v/ is comparable to /a/.
>>
>>433574
It has never been and it never will be, the key difference being that most people know to keep out of other fandoms' threads. Even Naruto gets peaceful threads nowadays. On /v/, you have people like Xbox fans shitting up Nintendo threads and vice-versa. Once in an odd while you'll have something like a KyoAni shitpost magnet, but otherwise, the discussion is always peaceful in threads that don't have opinionated OP posts.
>>
>>433578
>Even Naruto gets peaceful threads nowadays

And you consider this a good thing?
>>
>>433582
Not at all, but it drives my point home that even for the most divisive series on /a/, there is no type of /v/-style shitflinging even there.
>>
I used to think they were a bunch of elitist snobs, but then I started frequenting it and found that there's can be some pretty good discussion between the waifu threads and the sakura fish. They do need to ease up a little on the "no source" rule.
>>433423
This is also completely correct.
>>
>>433624
>They do need to ease up a little on the "no source" rule.
No we don't. Like, 90% of source requests can be found using the inline source functions or by reading the fucking thread. A good portion of the rest can be found using Regex, imgops or by tag or quote searching. There is very few images that can't be sourced using the tools available and those sort of things generally won't have people up your arse or will already be sourced. The argument is pointless now that /wsr/ is added. Instead of making a useless post, just save the image and request on /wsr/. Someone will answer it there and you won't be shitting up /a/ with garbage.
>>
>>433624
>They do need to ease up a little on the "no source" rule.

Teaching men to fish. Give some newfag a source once and he'll spam source? on every image that catches his eye.
>>
>>432584
>no true weaboo
>>
>>432566
Are you mad that your bait threads are getting deleted?
>>
>The Good
It's the most active and diverse English-speaking anime forum. This has given it a lot of influence over Western anime culture over the last decade. It's also the only English-speaking anime forum around where you can post about some random anime from 1985 and potentially get a discussion going.

>The Bad
It's full of children who've been there for like 2 years and think by being unnecessarily rude and vitrolic they are fashioning themselves as "genuine" members of the community who are "protecting" the board from being overrun from "outsiders." Contrary to what some ignorant or disingenuous people would have you believe, it was not always this bad. Anyway, as a result, the community has taken on this old /jp/ (which was trash too) kind of personality. This is compounded by the fact that mods abuse their powers to push the agenda and mold the community in the way they want it to be, and so they've legitimize a lot of the actions some users like to take.

Most discussion doesn't have much depth or creativity. At least 75% of the posters really can't discuss anime past a level of "I like it, " "I hate it," or "this girl is cute." If they try, they're usually just restating something the hivemind decided was true. The board doesn't really produce amusing or meaningful content anymore.

There's always been too much low-quality fetish/waifu-type discussion (and at least gone are the days of chainthreads of pure image dumps), but nowadays multi-layered discussion is often at risk of being moderated, specifically if it bothers /a/ orthodoxy.
>>
>>433566
I'm from the board and he's right. Hardly any of the threads have discussion pertaining to the series. It's mostly waifufagging.

Funny thing is Naruto threads, the once despised and outlawed series, has more worthwhile discussion than the rest of the board.
>>
>>432144
/v/ has the stereotype of being a place where you go to 1. hate videogames and 2. discuss anything at all except videogames. People have called it /b/ 2.0. That's certainly not /a/.
>>
>>432441
It usually means

>Educate me on this topic, usually in some unorthodox manner that allows my stupid memefuck self to go 'wow I finally see the light'
>>
>>433397
>we like anime!
>but only anime that isn't popular
That's bullshit and you know it. Evangelion, SnK, KLK, SAO, Onepunch Man and a lot of other popular shows have had a following on /a/. You probably got called a pleb for liking Naruto or DBZ or you just can't handle the bantz.
>>
>>>/a/136959611

Perfect example of how difficult actual discussion is. They'd rather OP bait them somehow before they deem the thread worthy of replying to. Even when they do reply it's hardly serious.
>>
>>433717
Having a following at one point is irrelevant to my statement, shithead.
>>
>>433251
hello r9k
>>433214
hello s4s

how's it going tonight lads
>>
>>433406
nah you're cool my guy
>>
>>433718
>They'd rather OP bait them somehow before they deem the thread worthy of replying to
You're retarded. The website has always been like this. OP is a conversation starter, not a fucking topic setter. You can't just go 'x thread' or 'i like this what did you think' and actually seriously fucking expect people to give a fuck about your thread. That might work in traditional forums and the like, but not here, generalfag. If you want people to talk about something, you have to give them something to want to engage. You don't walk up to strangers going 'i like x' and expect them to talk to you. If you aren't willing to put the effort into atleast trying to make people want to post in your thread, whether its through baiting, trolling or a actual question or a decent opinion, your thread is probably shit and you are probably an idiot not worth talking to.

It's clear you are new to the site and probably use mostly generals, because your mentality is a generalfag mentality.
>>
>>433723
You most certainly can start a thread with pretty much nothing and get substantial discussions in the end. It happens all the time on literally every 4chan board, including /a/. If you want to increase your probability of getting meaningful content, then yea, it would probably be worthwhile to start the thread with it. But it is not strictly necessary.

Part of the problem also is that often you put work into a thread and people don't respond, and thus the thread goes to waste. So often it is worth seeing there are others who care to discuss it before putting in work.
>>
>>433724
It happens, granted, but empty OPs are obnoxious as fuck, and meaningful and worthwhile threads from them are pretty rare. Well, no, that's not the case on say /pol/, /tv/, /b/, or /v/, where you can probably just say two words and get a 300+ thread, but they're different (ie, it's still the case that it's rare that a worthwhile thread is produced, but people shitpost just cause in those). It's not the case in say, /fa/, /ck/, /an/, /out/, /lit/, etc. I'd say /a/ is inbetween.
>>
>>433723
>The website has always been like this.
And guess what, fucktard, the results of this have diminished over time. Longtime users are almost trained to either start a thread on petty bait or not start one at all. They know what to expect, either worthless shitflinging because he had to bait people into posting, or a dead thread.

>It's clear you are new to the site and probably use mostly generals, because your mentality is a generalfag mentality.
And your opinion is immediately deemed trash. If you can't examine someone's point without resorting to "you're new - you just don't get it" then you don't have much of a point yourself.
>>
File: 1438213768395.png (103KB, 361x386px) Image search: [Google]
1438213768395.png
103KB, 361x386px
>all these "there is literally nothing wrong with /a/ :^)" faggots these days
>>
>>433749
>all these samemetathreads about /a/ being elitist and not giving sauce
>>
>>433760
>i must boil all criticism down to newfaggotry so that I don't have to confront the issue
>>
>>433761
But
Is that really an issue?
>>
>>433762
Yes because regardless of what I say you'll just dismiss is with "well, you're new!".

I've been reading most of the /a/ threads here since people are finally talking about my homeboard and hardly any of it mentions sauce begging or other issues newfags usually complain about. So you're either not serious or you just want an easy way out of discussing the board on a critical level.
>>
>>433725
Those two-word threads that hit bump limit on such boards often work out because someone else probably hijacked them into some stupid off-topic shit, and the board meta is that it's fine to veer off into whatever they feel like if given the chance. That doesn't really happen so much on /a/ though.

If it's a one or two word thread that maxes out for a reason besides off-topic or blog shit, it's probably because the subject is basically a general thread and simply isn't called that. If you time it right you can just say "trump" on /pol/ and get a thread that maxes out pretty fast. Same with "undertale" on /v/. That's because they're hot topics on those boards.

/a/ doesn't tend to have a particular hot topic that everyone will drop what they're doing to jump in on. Or rather I mean not something that will always work for weeks/months at a time like my /v/ or /pol/ examples. Rather things travel in waves and crowds surge and leave for individual shows as new episodes air and then peak discussion follows for a day or two. If you make an irrelevant thread for some old show most people saw many years ago, but they'd rather be in a thread for a brand new show, it's like trying to get someone to miss their bus/train to go eat at a hot dog stand or something. If they even notice you, they'll go "eh, if I didn't have somewhere else to be soon then maybe, but not now".
>>
>>433768
Sorry for the laconic reply. I've been following a couple of threads here as well. I am just genuinely surprised at the tones of these meta discussions. I want to believe that it's not a single poster with a lot of free time starting these /a/ metathreads over and over.

I tend not to take trolls seriously, but it's still hard for me to accept that young posters may genuinely don't know anything about what generated the lurk moar culture, and current posters are generally self-aware in a way that simply didn't exist in the past.

This is not even about /a/ anymore. I'm rambling like an old man and probably it's just time for me to move on like moot did.
>>
>>433779
>Those two-word threads that hit bump limit on such boards often work out because someone else probably hijacked them into some stupid off-topic shit...
>If it's a one or two word thread that maxes out for a reason besides off-topic or blog shit, it's probably because the subject is basically a general thread...
I like how you just completely made something up and felt like you made a good point. If you don't go on other boards, fine, but don't embarrass yourself by saying complete lies.

Such threads work because 4chan users are by and large opinionated. So you ask someone to give their opinion, and they're liable to give something that will provoke someone else to respond to them and for them to go back and forth. It actually wouldn't even be relevant if it were to become meta/off-topic or not (though, it doesn't. That's a complete lie), because the same principle applies.

And I have no idea which /a/ you post on, but the same principle pretty much applies there too. The main difference is that /a/ is less active and less opinionated since half the people there aren't actually interested in argument and just want to circlejerk waifu/fetish nonsense.
>>
>>433786
>complete lies

Are you new to 4chan or did you not see all the giant threads /v/ has had in the past that were seriously, utterly not video games? That's the fucking truth. Shit like pizza tip threads at first started inside of other threads. Then people started to look for OPs that could be shepherded towards such off topic stuff. It was only after it got to the point that people actually were making devoted threads just for that off-topic stuff that mods started to intervene. /v/ is actually still like that all the time, they just hide it better. Do you yourself know the board?

Also probably at least half of /pol/ is very much only tangentially on-topic, and it's been like this for a while. Things like flat earth or meme magic threads maxing out are simply not. They love stupid stuff like that, or at least some people there clearly do, and their board meta (somehow) is it's fine because you don't see any even remotely united protest against all the tangential stuff /pol/ harbors; people trying to remind the board such things are just shouted down as some kind of shill, or reddit or something just for not wanting to host blatant off-topic.
>>
>>433810
You're going off-course here. The fact that off-topic threads exist doesn't mean that any thread with an "empty" OP that generates discussion must have been because of off-topic posts, as you so ignorantly (or at least disingenuously) claimed.

Besides, /v/ doesn't veer too much off-topic nowadays. It's not "hidden" better. It just doesn't happen to the extent that it used to because of more moderation and natural changes in culture.
>>
>>433779
>Rather things travel in waves and crowds surge and leave for individual shows as new episodes air and then peak discussion follows for a day or two. If you make an irrelevant thread for some old show most people saw many years ago, but they'd rather be in a thread for a brand new show

This is pretty interesting, because people on most boards love talking about the history of their hobby. We had to make an entire board for Retro Games, /tg/ waxes nostalgic about RPGs from the 70s and 90s, /co/ has threads about comics and cartoons from the 40s on the reg, but /a/ seems to just want to talk about what's airing now.

They're a lot like /tv/ in that regard. They're very much a board that celebrates blind consumption. They don't like anime, they like being part of the /a/ anime viewing community.
>>
>>433930
>They don't like anime, they like being part of the /a/ anime viewing community.
Exactly. I've been pointing this out for years. This has led to a culture where you have people watching nearly everything that airs just to be "in the know" despite not having genuine interest in 90% of them. Sites like MAL and AniDB have compounded the issue by giving people e-points for watching anime. I'm glad I grew out of that because I did it for awhile. You appreciate anime much more when you watch just what interests you.
>>
>>433940
/a/ shelves most (not all) mediocre or worse series on the shelf after they're done for the same reason most people don't spend too much of their free time aimlessly reminiscing about that time they were playing some video game in favor of discussing what they are playing or looking forward to - fresh content is more interesting.

It is also rather entitled to demand that people stop discussing something they are actually interested in in favor of a boring retread on an old show. They have to actually like that old show a lot, and/or it's a slow day for current-season affairs, to get really engaged in a rehash. Usually such threads are boring and feel forced by the OP who is the only excited person in the thread.
>>
>>434015
But that's literally wrong. People are capable of talking about what old videogames they liked or disliked, and what those games did right or wrong all the time. Again, there's an ENTIRE BOARD for it. The fact that you're incapable of being able to get excited about something you actually like in favor of embracing the hype machine and flavors of the month show that you're just as bad as the type of person who only plays western AAA games. Those types of people are derided on every other board on the site as not being real fans of the hobby or medium. Only /a/ celebrates ignorance.

Just like Call of Duty/Fallout bros you don't care about the actual industry. You just care about being a part of a collective.

I've always found it interesting how /v/ is able to talk about and celebrate game mechanics in even wholly mediocre games, while /a/ has a knee jerk negative reaction towards any kind of narrative criticism towards anime. /a/ really is a board full of normalfags; trying to talk to an average moviegoer about movies- they only want to shut off their brain and consume until the next season starts and tells them what merchandise to buy.

>entitled
If you aren't smart enough to talk without using stupid buzzwords you should really just keep quiet.
>>
>>433718
>They'd rather OP bait them somehow before they deem the thread worthy of replying to

The fuck am I supposed to do? Say "Yes, Planetes was good." I just bump the thread pointlessly. I go the other way and say "Planetes is shit." I just antagonize OP for no real particular reason and look like an ass.

An OP needs a topic broad enough to hold nuanced opinions, but specific enough to prevent large generalizations from painting an entire picture.
>>
>>434525
We talk about old things plenty enough. Fate is a board series staple. A LOGH thread appears a couple times a month. Every now and then I see a Shinseki Yori thread.

Really, though, beyond this /a/ talks of and about old anime all the time in the more generic OPs. It's not DEEP discussion mind you, but it is there.
>>
>>434549
How can you watch a series and have literally nothing to say besides "it waz gewd"? How fucking low is /a/'s average IQ?
>>
>>434525
Are you implying /v/ is actually good at any of those things? Or that /vg/ isn't also full of shit too?

You try so very hard to win some online argument but drum up a fantasy land /v/ and some evil caricature of /a/ to do it. Neither of your assessments are that accurate. You also must be the only person on /qa/ or even 4chan who thinks /v/ is actually decent at something besides alarmist and console war shitposting.
>>
>>434605
>I have never used /v/: the post

Hello /a/
>>
>>434605
Especially on older series where the main controversies in discussion were cleared up long ago, few care to put in the energy to waste on long winded analysis because we aren't trying to prove anything or outdo each other. There is no contest to be a "professional" anime reviewer on /a/ because /a/ is fully aware how stupid that makes you look.

Perhaps something most of greater 4chan had lost touch with but /a/ generally maintains as an old vanguard, is that you do not need to treat everything here seriously and that you are here just to have fun rather than try to prove anything. If I put in the same energy into analyzing a decade old anime as a PhD dissertation, out of some vague notion of needing to prove myself to people like you anonymously, the idiot is me. Not the guy who says "it was good". That guy is smart because he gets his point across without needing to waste hours of his and your life to do it. If you cross examined why he thinks it is good you may, only may, get him to open up more into specifics. But generally you know at the core you were looking for " was it good" in your answers.

If you need to be spoonfed analysis then that, to me, means you somehow cannot see for yourself what is obvious to everyone else, so obvious that it is useless to regurgitate unless pressed to do so.
>>
>>433588
Naruto threads on /a/ have posters just copying and pasting old posts just to keep their shitty general alive and even copying and pasting the same replies to those old posts.

It is nothing but an endless circlejerk and they have no problem linking their /a/ threads to the same cancerous generals on /v/ and /vg/ and talking about a Naruto video game on /a/.
>>
>>434615
>weebcucks think that discussion is spoonfeeding

holy shit
>>
There seems to be the opinion that only long-winded post with arguments and valid reasoning is quality post, in which case, was 4chan even meant to maintain this format? I thought it was originally meant more of an anime club, not anime debate club, in which you mostly talk about what's currently going on in your niche hobby and then just share your opinion/post about it, thus huge amounts of character threads and non-topical generals of mostly airing anime, where people just want to share/post pictures and talk about how they like/dislike something, making actual debating and arguing redundant, because most of it just boils down to personal preference to begin with and arguing that "my taste is better than yours", which just incredibly pretentious and arbitrary to begin with (not that I have something against it, I endulge in it on daily basis).
>>
>>434635
>this faggot has zero reading comprehension

You can find plenty of discussion there. That post is far more of explaining that people there aren't trying to pretend to be smart by going overboard analyzing old / irrelevant / shitty anime. Doing so misses the point of what 4chan facilitates - light and rapid discussion. Things like this are why there are character count limits.

Furthermore he adds at the end that basically you don't need to expect or wait for complex chapters of discourse to occur in threads in order to say something yourself. There is no formal structure to threads hence that layout is not necessary to have discussions on 4chan. If you have some detailed thoughts then just fucking plop them out yourself even in a relatively vapid thread, and see if anyone is game to engage you on it.
>>
>>434641
>anime club

It's time for you to stop posting.
>>
>>434659
>4chan isn't for discussion! It's for shitposting!

And we wonder why /a/ is the worst board
>>
>>434665
>light and rapid discussion = shitposting

No. That's not what I said at fucking all. There is a point where you make threads too dense with information and they slow down and become inefficient and drawn-out to where most people leave and it's 2 or 3 people having a debate that most other observers are not even that interested in. Getting too convoluted in discussion easily can derail and/or kill threads.

Like I said 4chan was not designed to run that way. Slow, grinding wall-of-text discussions rambling for days is what forums are very good at; there is plenty of that in the world already so why bring it here. At the same time it is fruitless to give a bunch of 1-2 word replies; in my opinion there should be a minimum char count (for example 50-100) as well as the current maximum, but that's just me.
>>
>>434668
>"S.....stop having discussions! 4chan is for shitposting! 'Loli is cute! CUTE!' threads are what 4chan was made for! That's why /a/ is the best and every other board is the worst!"

go back to your containment board, pedo
>>
>>434672
>resorting to complete ad hominem, strawmanning, buzzword phrases and negative stereotypes
>can't refute post worth a fuck, doesn't even try and flips full retard switch

I have nothing to add, besides that it's surprising how fast you melted down to show your true colors and made an ass of yourself.
>>
>>434635
>>434665
>>434672
Were you born mentally retarded or did you just grow up to be? Remember, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>434678
>>434679
hmm yes I agree, weebcuck. Kill yourself.
>>
File: mpv-shot2523.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot2523.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>434680
Nice retort, shit nigger. I'm sure your mother is proud to know her son grew up to be a fat useless bastard who can only communicate like a edgy 12 year old on /b/. I'm sure she is very proud of how much you've mentally grown.
>>
>>434681
Ah yes, the weeb's primary method of communication: spamming off-topic weebshit on boards they don't belong on.

And you wonder why we hate you spamming cucks. This is why anime deserves to be banned.
>>
File: mpv-shot2440.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot2440.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>434682
Again, what a nice retort fuckface. Is this your average post? Is this the best you can do? Is the only thing you are capable of is meaningless buzzwords, memeshit, replys that hold no truth and posts written for the sole purposes of gaining as many (you)'s as possible? If this is, your entire posting carrier is meaningless garbage and not once have you done anything meaningful it in. Even in modern 4chan, which is a memespewing pure shitposting haven, you rank at the bottom of posters. Your posts serve so little purpose, they actually hold less value then genuine cancer. Your existence is meaningless and you can't make a half-decent post even if your life depended on it.

Is your life really that sad? Are you really that sad you've got to spend your time making literal garbage posts on a anime image board that amuse or upset no one, not even you. They just exist for (you)'s. Are you so starved for attention you've got to get (you)'s just to feel even a ounce of happiness? Maybe you should get a hobby, you are on a anime image board after all. I suggest Boku no Pico, it sounds perfect for you. I'm sure you'd love it. It would literally be the most perfect thing in existence for you and it might help you find meaning in life.

Don't forget to kill yourself.
>>
>>434664
You might've missed the point entirely, I'm not even trying to suggest that 4chan is a anime club, but that it was intended to be closer to anime club than anime debate club, which you might dissgree, but merely hanging on term usage that is there merely for analogy that doesn't even try to accurately describe 4chan self, but instead is used to make a point about the intention of the site is quite foolish.
>>
>>434687
>posting anime

Literally, LITERALLY kill yourself. Moeshit is cancerous garbage.
>>
>>434586
>How can you watch a series and have literally nothing to say besides "it waz gewd"?

It's fucking anime. What? You want me to dissect the deep thematic underpinnings of cute girls doing cute things? Anime as a medium isn't exactly high literature meant for decoding.
>>
>>434908
>weebs are so dumb they don't understand critical analysis

is there any question as to why we need to delete /a/?
>>
>>435108
>delete /a/?
That would be like deleting /pol/ x 9/11
>>
>>435111
trips confirm
>>
>>435111
>implying

Weebs could just fuck off elsewhere. /pol/ harbor wasn't shit, and the /a/pocalypse wouldnt be either.

/pol/ is a more popular board anyway.
>>
>>434586
>How can you watch a series and have literally nothing to say besides "it waz gewd"
Because it's fucking entertainment. Not even the elevens give two shits to give critical analysis on shit that airs. It's not the purpose. It's made with the intention of being entertainment. The amount of things you can analysis a year could be counted on your hand. There is no point and no one pertically gives a fuck about that shit.

No one does critical analysis of shows, but people do, do it. It just isn't about the show and is about stupid shit, like lesbian physics. The majority of everything interesting to analysis has been said while something is airing and then people screencap it and no one cares to do that discussion again, because its pointless and now boring. Kill yourself.
>>
All these people assblased about /a/ need to just kill themselves. I hate to break it to you, but /a/ is never going away, nor is anime from 4chan. Get used to it
>>
>>435111
Not really, anime moves to /tv/ and manga moves to /co/. No problem.
>>
I don't know about any boards beside /pol/
I only came here as part of the #redpillarmy initiative
By the way, delete /q/
>>
>>435114
>implying
4chan has been the hub for the majority anime community in the english world and is were most of the good shit resides. /a/ is also the backbone of the fucking site. If you deleted it, you'd just be opening the hell gates and everything will go worse then if you deleted fucking /pol/, /b/ and /v/ at the same time.

You are deluded if you think a bunch of edgy twelve year olds on those three boards could do more than a bunch of people over twenty who have also been on the site much longer.
>>
>>435114
If you're not a weeb, you're an outsider as far as the site's overall culture is concerned. You are the equivalent of someone joining a club or any type of social organization and demanding that it change itself to fit your tastes. You're to 4chan what the proverbial feminist Tumblrista is to comics and video games. Get that through your head.
>>
>>435115
>jest turn your brain off! It's a popcorn anime!

You can't be serious. You can't unironically think this. This is a fucking joke on every other board.

/a/ can't be this pleb. They can't be.
>>
File: 1452031909242.jpg (23KB, 720x553px) Image search: [Google]
1452031909242.jpg
23KB, 720x553px
>>435153
>>
>>435118
Or you could just ban anime outright. The majority of 4chan hates anime, so its not welcome here.
>>
>>435157
fishe XD
>>
>>435154
>im retarded and incapable of reading comprehension
>>
Now that 4chan is a specialized forum for topics banned from reddit, /a/ is made completely useless due to r/anime
In fact, most old boards are completely superfluous, and should be deleted to save bandwidth for the real boards
>>
>>435123
>/a/ is also the backbone of the fucking site

/a/ is only the fifth fastest board by a lot, and it's only that fast because it has a small number of posters that make a lot of posts. It primarily exists as a raid board nowadays anyway. It's not even relevant to the anime community any more- Tumblr is the primary hub of anime in the west, and anime is less popular now than its been in years.

Weebery is dead. /a/ is a dead board. It's time to get rid of the cancer.
>>
>>435164
There is so much fucking wrong with this post I don't think I could frisk enough to get it all.
>>
Consider, if we removed obsolete subs, we could have specialized boards for each component of the Red-Pill
/a/ could be for Holocaust discussion, for example
>>
>>435163
This. Delete the weeb boards.

>>435165
>I....I can't argue so I'll just make a coolkid remark and hope no one questions me!

You pedos are so fucking stupid its unreal
>>
>>435168
Now, take it easy
Keep in mind that pedophilia is the natural state of mind for humans, and opposition to that state is a feminist lie
>>
>>435171
I know you're joking but weebs actually believe that. It's unreal
>>
>>435173
Everyone who has studied history realizes that sooner or later. This is a denial of knowledge on a greater level than the Holocaust, and far more subversive
>>
>>435168
You want to pick at something? Ok then, normalfag.

>. It's not even relevant to the anime community any more- Tumblr is the primary hub of anime in the west, and anime is less popular now than its been in years.
Not just is anime *sadly* get more popular, this is actually wrong. Because the majority of your translators for anime, manga and lns still reside on /a/. Tumblr does probably hold a 'larger anime community', but that is for casuals who go 'woooooo naruto rasagin *retard run*'. /a/ still holds the majority of the people who provide that content and have anime/manga as a hobby. Keep shitposting normalfag.
>>
>>435108
No, we understand the medium usually is not asking for it and you look like an idiot for trying to force something from nothing. It doesn't mean we lack the capacity, just that we know it is a wasted effort for many series.

On this subject, FYI things do not have to be intellectually engaging to be entertaining. You also do not need to only enjoy "intelligent" media to be an intellectual. If anything, the correlation goes in reverse somewhat - normal or underachieving people sometimes think they can project some air of smartness by liking "smart" things, and are deathly afraid of being seen as dumb for not doing so. Entertainment media does not by itself make you either smart or dumb, of course. The mental process of being amused is simply not the process of intellectual musing/creativity.
>>
>>435179
>normalfag
Don't use words you don't understand.
>>
>>435182
Oh shit, you're serious.

Screencapping this
>>
File: 1415252281155.png (630KB, 832x687px) Image search: [Google]
1415252281155.png
630KB, 832x687px
>>435188
>>
File: 1417794993599.png (487KB, 601x449px) Image search: [Google]
1417794993599.png
487KB, 601x449px
It's happening!
>>
>>435196
o mi fug :DDDDDDD
>>
>take a nap
>red-pill unrelated boards still exist
What the fuck is going on here
>>
File: Merry_ch84_20.png (365KB, 675x532px) Image search: [Google]
Merry_ch84_20.png
365KB, 675x532px
>>435188
No, no, I very much used it correctly, normalfag. I'm not the one demanding the site change to appeal to my normalfag views.

Have you ever considered dumping a bucket of hot wax on-top of yourself? If you love yourself and your personal views so much, why don't you immortalize yourself for all eternity as a wax statue?
>>
>>435202
you're a cuck XD
you get cheated on my dude?? lol
>>
>>435158
>The majority of 4chan hates anime
>>
>>435205
nodoka...
>>
>>435202
>No, no, I very much used it correctly, normalfag.
Really? Where was anything said that was remotely normie?

Not liking anime does not make someone a Normie.
>>
>>435191
Give me a rebuttal. You know I'm right but probably won't admit it even anonymously. I talk sense but you will likely proceed to purposefully crash yourself into a tree mentally because you think some weeb wrote it. You think you're the one laughing here?
>>
File: Nao - Smirk.png (250KB, 668x564px) Image search: [Google]
Nao - Smirk.png
250KB, 668x564px
>>435209
>normie
There's your problem, shitstain. You don't even know the fucking meanings of the words.
>>
>>435211
Fuck you, I'm enlightened as fuck. I even printed out a picture of Hitler and hung it up.
What do I have to do to fit in here?!?
>>
File: 3.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>435211
>weebs calling neonazis normies
god I love this board
>>
>>435213
>>435214
lol he reply twice
>>
File: 1454639929287.gif (1MB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
1454639929287.gif
1MB, 400x272px
>>435215
>155 / 15 / 60 / 1
>>
>>435211
See, I knew you were trying to push this shit. Normalfag and normie mean the same thing.

Literally the only board that desperately tries to redefine the word is /a/. Your board is so out of touch.
>>
I mean, if you have something that's too hardcore for reddit, you tab over to /pol/, right? So what the fuck could you post on /a/ that would be too redpilled for r/anime and environs?
>>
File: normalfag.png (417KB, 1246x724px) Image search: [Google]
normalfag.png
417KB, 1246x724px
>>435217
No it isn't, they are too different things. Normalfag is pic related and normie is a pc reddit normalfag word conjured up on /r/9k that was warped and given a different meaning. It's a word used by failed normalfags themselves who are normally upset they failed to become normalfags.

Normie =/= normalfag and people who use normie 9/10 times deserved to be banned for being a retarded shitposter.
>>
File: 1407747239220.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1407747239220.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>435220
If only you knew how bad things really are.
>>
>>435223
dumb frog poster
>>
File: 1454090433332.jpg (88KB, 686x582px) Image search: [Google]
1454090433332.jpg
88KB, 686x582px
>>435163
>/a/ is made completely useless due to r/anime
At least you tried
>>
>>435243
forced meme/10
>>
>>435220
Both words are from /r9k/. Normie is a shortened version of Normalfag.

You're fucking retarded. Only /a/ tries to use this made-up definition.
>>
>>435243
WEEB MEME
E
E
B
M
E
M
E
>>
>>435299
Are you retarded? Normie is something that came after the second creation of fucking /r9k/. Normalfag predates it and that image was its usage. The current usage of normie is something conjured up on /r9k/ only a few years ago and has long since been used differently than normalfag.

The only reason you disagree with the '/a/non usage', is because you are a stupid newfag and probably a fucking normalfag. The majority of your robots who use normie are fucking failed normalfags.
>>
File: Valkyrie_Drive_Mermaid.jpg (197KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie_Drive_Mermaid.jpg
197KB, 1200x675px
>>435154
The majority of anime is fucking shit. LITERALLY FUCKING SHIT. But by all means I could waste brain power analyzing the DEEP PLOT of pic related or discerning the character motivations. I have a reputation as a high level intellectual to maintain after all.
>>
>>435305
NORMIE AND NORMALFAG MEAN THE SAME THING YOU STUPID FUCKING WEEB

THEY ALWAYS HAVE.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL YOU STUPID KIDDIEFUCKER
>>
>>435307
If anime is shit then why do you watch it? Why do you consume literal shit instead of consuming something worthwhile?

How stupid are you?
>>
>>435308
NO IT DOESN'T YOU STUPID RETARD. NORMALFAG DOESN'T MEAN BEING A SUCESSFUL PERSON IN LIFE WITH A GF AND SOCIAL LIFE YOU FUCKING DIRT NIGGER.

>>435309
It's almost as if even shit can be entertaining? Even the legitimately bad stuff can be fun to watch if you treat it as a comedy.
>>
>>435307
>thinks anime is shit
>only watches anime with a reputation for being bad

Nice confirmation bias idiot.
>>
>>435312
>If I make up definitions they become real!
>>
File: file.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>435312
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Normalfag

you aren't too bright are you?
>>
>>435323
>urban
Are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>435328
>proved wrong
>panics

Are you going to pull a /pol/ and say that the official internet slang dictionary doesn't count because it's biased normalfag anti-anime media?
>>
>>435328

>weeb doesn't know what Urban Dictionary is

Comedy gold. You have to stop this. I'm dying here.
>>
>>435331
>official internet slang dictionary
Holy shit, you seriously can't make this shit up. You really are a fucking retard. Next you'll be telling me Knowyourmeme is the official internet meme catalog.
>>
>>435336
And where do YOU think the official internet slang dictionary is?
>>
>>435342
It doesn't exist. There is no such thing.
>>
>>435343
But it does. It's called Urban Dictionary. That's where internet slang is cataloged, and the word "normalfag" has been cataloged appropriately.

I'm sorry you didn't know what the word meant, but part of growing up is learning to admit when you are wrong.
>>
>>435347
>>435332
>using Urban Dictionary

Are you underage?
>>
>>435347
I'm sorry, but it's not. The meaning is >>435220 Your normalfag meme dictionary means jackshit. I'm sorry you are a retarded underage and didn't know what the word meant. However, apart of growing up is learning to admit when you are wrong, just like right.
>>
>>435349
>>435351
>catalog of definitions of slang terms
>"I...it's not the REAL definition! It's the one I made up!"

You're embarrassing yourself now. Further proof that /a/ is a blight on this website.
>>
wut anime girl would u fuck the board
>>
>>435354
You must be that same faggot who keeps completely twisting his opponent's words day after day in this thread. You only make yourself look worse by doing that. This isn't /v/, you don't "win" by mocking hard enough. That only makes it all the more obvious you have nothing concrete to say besides "hurr I hate weebs and no matter what they say they're always wrong and I'm always right". You clearly make your side on this look worse in doing that.

If I'm interpreting this correctly you also unironically think UrbanDictionary is both important to 4chan and can successfully define a term few people from outside of this site have ever even heard. You're the "blight" in this thread from your being literally always hostile and game to talk big, yet completely impotent to actually do anything besides ad hominem and straw mans. Let the adults do the talking kid.
>>
>>435387
lol shut up
>>
File: What I'm Watching Summer 2015.jpg (4MB, 1610x5121px) Image search: [Google]
What I'm Watching Summer 2015.jpg
4MB, 1610x5121px
>>435315
If you can look at this and tell me that a majority of the shows being aired aren't shit, you need to kill yourself.
>>
Warosushitter is a pathetic fucktard.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.