[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could /a/ mods get off their asses and deal with the generals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (48KB, 462x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 462x385px
Could /a/ mods get off their asses and deal with the generals that are shitting up half the board? They're just a constant pit of circlejerking, image dumping, and autism. Even more so than the rest of the board.
>Monster Musume
>One Piece
>BnHA
>/ai/
>Osomatsu
and so forth. Kancolle and Sadpanda threads should be on /jp/ and /h/ anyway, they don't even talk about the anime anymore in the former.
>>
"Generals will be purged by the end of the year. Mark my words"- Hideaki " The Master" Anno
>>
Osomatsu actually gets a general? That's cool that it's popular enough for one, I didn't think your average /a/ goer would "get" it.
>>
>>432048
>implying mods didn't make the generals
>>
>>432053
It's just a bunch of Fujos/faggots.
>>
>>432056
The only people on /a/ with taste. Explains a lot.
>>
>>432060
All shows have pretty much the same merit when you're just using them as wank material.
>>
>>432069
Osomatsu is intellectual wank material.
>>
>implying they're not there to contain the redditors
>>
>>432060
Keep telling yourself that, you delusional fujoshit.

Even fujoshits are embarrassed over how cancerous osomatsu generals are.
>>
>>432048
Osomatsu became a general because they are waiting for the BD exclusive episodes, they will eventually stop when someone upload them.

BnHA threads aren't a general, they are just hyped because they'll get an anime soon.

/ai/ is just pure cancer.

Don't know about One Piece threads.

Monster Musume generals got pruned once, if we are lucky they will get banned again.
>>
>>432048
Why are you targeting those generals yet entirely ignoring even older generals like PreCure, Saki, and Strike Witches?
>>
>>433544
Probably because shit like precure is basically invincible because it's been allowed to fester for so long. Saki kind of seems to be dying on it's own a bit or at least slowing down into a more regular thread
>>
>>433535
Mods most have a soft spot for Monster Musume stuff
>>
>>432495
>uses fujoshit unironically
>thinks he's in any place to talk

Foolish peasant.
>>
>>433535
>BnHA threads aren't a general
Literally up 24/7

I once saw one of them stay up for three days with less than 100 posts, and the threads themselves are pure cancer

And One Piece threads are the most protected ones on /a/, unfortunately.
>>
>>433544
>>433546
Precure at least has things to discuss constantly. There has never been a week without Precure since 2005. If anything deserves a general, it's Precure.
>>
File: SolBadBird.png (123KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
SolBadBird.png
123KB, 600x423px
>>433535
>Monster Musume generals got pruned once, if we are lucky they will get banned again.
The fury circlejerk is now on /jp/.
It is so noticable whenever another newfag general makes itself comfortable on the board and swarms it with shitty threads.
>>
What's funny is OP is absolutely right but it's either that or deal with their crybaby regulars shitting up the entire board in protest. All this would take is tougher moderation but who are we kidding? Asking more of the mods is impossible. They can barely be fucked to do their job as is.
>>
>>433734
It would be fine with a weekly thread.
>>
>>432050
That was a bizarre post because mods are often in a lot of the generals.

One Piece, Drawfag, Buyfag, DJT.

I'm missing some but those are a few that are under constant moderation, so its obvious they'll never be deleted.
>>
Sadpanda threads have always been allowed on /a/ as long as no nsfw images are posted.

To save us the hour of you being stupid and trying to say otherwise: Mods have posted in sadpanda threads saying they're allowed and moot has said on /q/ that they're allowed

And just to cover all the bases:
>BUT WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED WHEN FAKKU THREADS AREN'T??
fakku has ads and sadpanda doesn't so posting links to fakku is technically advertising.
>>
Generals are containtment boards and damn good ones, and even among the sea of shit you can have few decent conversations with some anons if anything, others threads about the same series that are up at the same time should be pruned

>Kancolle and Sadpanda threads should be on /jp/ and /h/ anyway
How the fuck hasn't this been applied??
>>
>>433951
>>433943
There's the exact reason. Anyone who says something like "it's cause mods are dumb!" or something else stupid like that is wrong.
>>
>>433954
I see, but what about Kancolle threads? It's just a bunch of shipfu image dumps
>>
>>433943
Well r/a/dio is banned for advertising outside of holidays even though they don't have any ads either.
>>
>>433747
The threads still go strong on /a/ though
>>
>>433951
>How the fuck hasn't this been applied?
The mods have moved Kancolle threads to /jp/ a couple times, at which point all the users call the mods newfags and retards, and remake the thread in /a/ while continuing not to talk about anime or manga.
>>
If anything, /a/ mods has to remove all the shonenshit first. The board went to shit ever since people started unironically discussing the plot of Naturo and Dragonball as if they were of any value and consistency.
>>
>>434047
While I like Dragonball and have no issue with generals in general, I agree the Dragonball threads on /a/ are fucking cancer filled with underage and /v/ and that banning them would be highly beneficial to the quality of the board.
>>
>>434051
Every general is like that. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>434047
Naruto is one of the few threads where people actually talk about the content. It says a lot about the rest of /a/. It'll never be removed though so keep crying.
>>
File: 1452308515163.png (403KB, 1266x556px) Image search: [Google]
1452308515163.png
403KB, 1266x556px
>>433951
>Generals are containtment boards
No they aren't you fucking faggot. Generals are cancer and don't contain anything. I've seen madoka tripfags trip outside of their faggot generals. I also don't want to have to sift through that sea of cancer to get a conversation on something I like. Instead of generals, tell them to stop that and everything goes back to normal. There isn't eternal cancer and when new content comes out someone makes a thread and people talk about it without generalfaggotry. WOW!

>others threads about the same series that are up at the same time should be pruned
>all series should be restricted to one thread
Fuck off and kill yourself, generalfag. That's not how this works.
>>
>>434242
Keep lying, Narutard. /a/ has caught plenty of your posters just copying and pasting old posts just to keep your pathetic general alive and even going so far to copying and pasting the replies to those old posts.

You Narutards are just a bunch of samefagging circlejerkers trying to maintain a 24/7 general by copying and pasting old posts and images, word for word.

You even reveal your origins by crosslinking posts to /v/ and talking about your shitty Naruto video games on /a/.
>>
>>433613
Go back to tumblr, fujoshit.

You're even lower than a peasant but a mentally ill newfag that doesn't even qualify for a human being seeing that you are an entirely other species aka a hambeast.
>>
File: 55019325_p0.jpg (274KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
55019325_p0.jpg
274KB, 857x1200px
To me, during the end of whats-his-name's tenure he was accommodating what people wanted. I think it was his Q&A he accepted that /vg/ is basically chat rooms, and /r9k/ is for lonely people instead of the "gentleman's /b/" he planned.

He might thus have decided that since so many people (probably not a majority, to be fair) want generals, they should be left alone. Deleting them would cause dispersal, with several threads to the same topic -- and no guarantee that the content would be any better.

So I say just let jans prune threads that are made in too quick succession. Let a thread rest at least several hours, even a day. This limits the damage, so to speak. I don't think anyone can justify a recurring eternal thread.
>>
File: believe it.jpg (428KB, 1614x2000px) Image search: [Google]
believe it.jpg
428KB, 1614x2000px
>>434047
We've been over this already, liking it or not shounen belongs on /a/. Just hide the threads.
>>
>>434829
>several threads with the same topic

There is nothing wrong with this. Each one can meander into different conversations about the same thing, providing a better variety of discussion and more opportunities for interesting comments and OC to come up. On top of this it prevents stagnant circlejerks that exust just because.

It's only a nuisance if something is so massively popular it floods the board, but that is really rare and when it happens it's because most of /a/ is in on it anyway thus it's not like it's out of line. When Madoka and Oreimo ended like half the board was threads on those for a day or two a piece because a lot of /a/ actually cared about that. What's the holdup.
>>
>>432048
Source on the picture, family?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.