[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green texting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 10

File: MayDate.png (307KB, 1052x3062px) Image search: [Google]
MayDate.png
307KB, 1052x3062px
/co/ here.

Is posting a story, be it green text or written normally, like the one pic related, in a thread or general about the material of the story, considered to be off topic?

despite being a story based about and in the universe of the thread/generals subject?

and/or does it violate global rules 3 or 6?
>>
And then there is this case currently in the thread, where the person is basically saying "it doesn't matter if it's against the rules or not, if the janitor doesn't like it, don't fight it"

Assuming of course that there is even any janitor at all.
>>
File: Don't fight it-argument.png (28KB, 1301x223px) Image search: [Google]
Don't fight it-argument.png
28KB, 1301x223px
>>432029
>>
And then even more so is the fact that A/The anon arguing against stories because they are "Off topic" admits that he is "technically" also violating the rules because the argument is off topic, but doesn't see a problem with breaking rules themselves, because posting the stories is also breaking the rules.
>>
File: Hypocrite Anon.png (22KB, 907x162px) Image search: [Google]
Hypocrite Anon.png
22KB, 907x162px
>>432039
>>
>>432042
This and the "there's nothing you can do about it" lines REALLY need to be addressed.
Why should one person dictate how a thread is run, especially in an environment that encourages creativity and has thrived on such for years, and decide that it should be taken away?
>>
For what it's worth, I'll just repeat my request for some clarification, one way or another, about what is and is not allowed. So far, everything is consistent with a janitor deleting posts and submitting ban requests, but the moderators have yet to ban me. Perhaps it's simply taking a while, but if there is a disagreement between the janitors and the moderators, I'd appreciate it if things were straightened out.
>>
>>432241
Continue posting your smut in that thread please.
>>
>>432246
I have a post block at the moment, and besides, two written and one in cap form should be plenty.
>>
>>432252
No they really shouldn't. Please continue. Why are you so afraid to keep writing?
>>
>>432252
I mean, if you're not afraid of being banned, why not keep going?
>>
And if the moderators are curious, >>432256 is the one starting up most of this shit.

>>432261
Because that's not the motivation at all. All I'm trying to get is clarification, and if moderators are looking at what I've posted and deciding if it is or is not a bannable offense, I've accomplished my goal.
>>
>>432261
>>432256
It's cause that guy can't write for shit anymore.
>>
>>432265
But we already know fanfiction is bannable because it's happened multiple times before. Mods almost never respond to people's questions. If you keep posting, mods will have a better chance of seeing it.
>>
>>432265
And yet you still go
>LOOK AT ME I'M NOT BANNED YET!
?
Go on, keep posting your fanfiction.
>>
This whole argument is fucking retarded because we've brought it here before and the only thing that happens is the people reporting get bored and move on or pull their panties out of their ass and everything returns to normal for another 3-6 months.
Just give it a fucking rest and end the goddamn cycle, will ya?
>>
Really it does need a ruling if it is deemed against the rules it needs to stop. If it isn't then it needs to stop getting reported and deleted.
Personally I don't see any rule violation from posting them unless it is one of the NSFW ones.
>>
>>432287
It's more to stop the Janitor from essentially keeping a thread hostage when mods can't really come to a clear consensus on whether it's a bannable offense or not
>>
>>432304
Except it's been banned before, so it's obviously a bannable offense to some extent.
>>
>>432307
Perhaps, but better to at least show concern about it rather than just roll over and take it. It HAS sustained the thread for years, so that's why so few people want it taken down. Seems appropriate, considering its putting down creativity on the death anniversary of someone that wanted nothing more than to let people be creative
>>
>>432311
You have to conform to the rules, even if the source material encourages it. You have other sites to post it. You could even use pastebin.
>>
Fan theory and speculation are what drive a fandom

also if fanfiction is considered off topic, then you're going to have to delete discussion of any adaptation of any media ever because that's technically fanfiction too
>>
>>432316
being fanfiction by definition is on topic, there's not really any room for argument
>>
>>432320
Mods say otherwise. Accept it.
>>
>>432322
No mod has said anything on the matter. Show me a post made by a mod that says anything is or isn't illegal.
>>
>>432324
The very fact someone was banned for it proves mods are against it, as they are the only ones capable of bans.
>>
>>432322
The problem is that mods "say otherwise" maybe once every two months or so. And it's not like there's an increase in greentext when they arrive.
>>
>>432322
Jesus Christ, you tell us to stop shitting up the thread and go to /qa/, then you come here as well and regurgitate all the shit you spewed back on /co/?
This was placed here because we want confirmation about the issue from someone who actually has any say in the matter, not to hear your shit again.
>>
I don't see why people just can't use a pastebin of some sort to do this.

Or even taking a pic of the story should be sufficient.
>>
>>432327
If /qa/ was made just so mods could reply, they would have made it that way. This place is for answering questions, not specifically mod responses.
>>
>>432331
Yes, and you've give plenty of shitty answers back on /co/ already, so just shut the fuck up now.

>>432330
Because that doesn't make any sense. Why would posting the story be a violation of the rules but posting a cap wouldn't?
It's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>432322
>accept it
That's exactly why we're here. We don't accept it, and frankly, we shouldn't. Even if a mod comes on and gives us a ruling, I'd be willing to discuss it to see if there can be an exception or even a complete ruling change
Its why were here
So if your only response is "accept it", then we know you're not here for such a discussion, and are only here to hinder such efforts
>>
>>432325
Yet half the time things get deleted no one gets banned. If it's one mod banning/not banning, then we still need them to say something definitive as to if it's illegal or not.
If it's just them slapping a quick ban on things because they're not doing their job right, then that still doesn't prove anything.

>>432330
It's easier to just post it once. Most of the time the stories aren't even multiple posts. And if it's not against the rules, they shouldn't have to just to stop your anus from clenching.
What's so difficult about hiding the post or scrolling past it, then?

>>432331
But you're not answering anything. You're just spewing the same garbage you have been for the last day.
>>
>>432334
>Yes, and you've give plenty of shitty answers back on /co/ already, so just shut the fuck up now.
>This was placed here because we want confirmation about the issue from someone who actually has any say in the matter
Ouch, that goalpost moving.
Also
>shut up and let us circejerk about this!
>>
>>432316
>You could even use pastebin.
The whole idea of posting it here is for feedback and discussion. Pastebin has none of that.
>>
>>432339
You can reply to them from the pastebin post.

And there's still /trash/
>>
>>432338
>goalpost moving
Do you even know what that means? Because the main point of this thread was to get an official word from mods, not to move your argument to a different room.
>>
>>432339
That's a bad argument, and I'm not even that guy
>>
>>432341
>Because the main point of this thread was to get an official word from mods
And I told you the point of /qa/ itself is to answer and discuss questions. You can't restrict who posts in it.
>>
>>432341
well, that was MY main reason, the discussion has shat up the threads for too long
But a mod or janitor coming in for clarification is nice, too
>>
>>432345
No, but you're not answering anything and your "discussion" is the same song and dance you've already wasted the last day of your life performing. Just give it a rest and wait for the mods to continue to not care until this thread gets deleted.
>>
>>432350
>Just give it a rest and wait for the mods to continue to not care until this thread gets deleted.
Why would I do that? I told people to move to /qa/ so that this can be discussed here instead of ruining the /co/ one.

Tell me why you can't just pastebin your fanfiction or post them /trash/.
>>
>>432345
Well, you aren't answering a question, norr are you contributing to the discussion, so you're being off-topic which can result in a deletion/ban
You don't have much to stand on here
>>
>>432351
I did, others have too.
Why can't you hide posts that upset you or scroll past them?
>>
>>432352
I am absolutely partaking in the discussion.
>>
>>432351
Why can't you just hide posts or god forbid scroll down
>>
>>432354
>>432356
I can, but that doesn't stop people from reporting it. You're fighting back against nothing. You have no leverage, unlike people who report it.
>>
>>432351
Because according to you, discussion about fanfiction is also grounds for moderation. Pastebinning and asking for feedback/discussion would do nothing
There's no reason for our stuff to be put in /trash/ although there's no reason against it either, so it becomes a moot point

The question is why you can't simply scroll past stories/discussion you don't want to participate in?
>>
>>432362
>There's no reason for our stuff to be put in /trash/
Because it's being deleted
Because it's causing entire threads of off topic crying.

>The question is why you can't simply scroll past stories/discussion you don't want to participate in?
I can, but unlike you, reporters have all the power in the world to stop you from posting your shit in the thread.
>>
>>432360
>You can't win, don't try, they're more powerful than you
I'm glaad you're not fighting for my rights is all I can say
>>
>>432360
Which, again, is a problem that needs to be addressed. If more people like it than don't, and it's been ignored for years, why should one or two guys that come in and don't like it have the power to fuck over an entire thread's culture?
>>
>>432360
And people can still post greentexts even if you keep on about being a faggot about it. It'll just be capped and then read regardless.
>>
>>432366
>Because it's causing entire threads of off topic crying.
It's not causing that at all. It's deletion is causing that.
>>
>>432360
Since there are 4 people who are against it, I'd say that it would have a pretty major effect. 25% to be precise, assuming nobody cheated.

>>432355
Nobody wants to discuss it with you, because you've already shared your shitty opinions and fallacious reasoning with everybody on /co/.
So you're only partaking in a discussion with yourself so you can feel even better about yourself.
Just write your shitty arguments down in a notepad and read it to yourself, should have the same exact effect.
>>
>>432366
So why aren't you reporting all the fanart too, or the story caps? It's just as "off topic" as a greentext.
>>
>>432366
It's causing a thread to throw a bitch fit because something they've done for years and helped create their community around is being taken away from them
You don't understand that because you don't want to be part of that
>>
>>432360
Except if you or the other person reporting things just stopped, the thread wouldn't grind to a halt and be nothing but nonstop shitposting about who's right and who's wrong. Our leverage is that if you keep doing it then eventually the shitposting and meta posting will reach the point that the threads will just be outright banned. Then what are you going to do? Find another thread to report things you don't like in?
Also what >>432369 says. One or two people shouldn't be able to force their opinion on an entire group when neither of them have any legitimate power to do so and rely on abusing a broken system and incompetent or uninterested/automatic moderation.
>>
>>432367
This isn't a fucking war, you autistic drama queen. It's a fucking debate over whether FANFICTION should be posted on a weaboo image site.

>>432369
>why should one or two guys that come in and don't like it have the power to fuck over an entire thread's culture?
Because apparently you're breaking the rules. No, I don't care if you think it's on topic, it's not until mods or janitors say otherwise.

>>432372
Not true. The deletion itself does nothing but remove posts. It's all on you guys bitching about it.

>>432374
>Nobody wants to discuss it with you
And yet you're doing it right now.

>>432381
>Except if you or the other person reporting things just stopped
And what are you going to do to make them stop?

>Our leverage is that if you keep doing it then eventually the shitposting and meta posting will reach the point that the threads will just be outright banned
Oh yeah, that will really hurt them! If they got banned, you would just make a general in /trash/ and you'd be able to have all the fanfiction you want.

> rely on abusing a broken system and incompetent or uninterested/automatic moderation.
If it's so broken, you could leave. And what if it's not broken? What if mods actually don't think you belong here?
>>
>>432387
>Not true. The deletion itself does nothing but remove posts. It's all on you guys bitching about it.

>Nukes do nothing but remove cities. Everyone's mad about the city.
>>
>>432391
Literally nothing to do with the post. I'm talking about how people complaining about the thread are the ones filling it up and ruining it, not the ones getting them deleted.
>>
>>432387
>If it's so broken, you could leave. And what if it's not broken?
The report system is broken as fuck. You can report anything and it'll be deleted eventually. If they take the time to look at it, sometimes the poster might even get a warning or block. I've had dozens of things deleted without a peep from mods.
>What if mods actually don't think you belong here?
Then they'll say so and we'll have no choice but to comply or face consequences. Until then, you have no jurisdiction to pass judgement for them.
>>
>>432387
>and yet you're doing it right now
No you fuck. "it" has been defined as the subject of posting greentext in /RWBYg/. I said that people don't want to discuss that with you.

I was talking about you being a shit, not about "it", therefore I'm not "doing it right now".
>>
>>432394
Ok, let's consider for a minute
>Why are they complaining?
>Would they be complaining if the posts hadn't been deleted?
>Would the thread be "ruined" by these people if the posts had remained?
>>
>>432387
>Because apparently you're breaking the rules. No, I don't care if you think it's on topic, it's not until mods or janitors say otherwise.

The mods only seem to agree with you once every two months. 80% of the time they never do anything. Chances are they're only banning because someone's reporting and not even bothering to look at why.
>>
>>432394
The ones getting them deleted are the reason why people are filling up the thread.
The nuke example, although extreme, does perfectly fit this situation.
>>
>>432394
We're not complaining about the thread, we're talking about how most of a thread believes something is on-topic, and because two guys don't and decide to enact some 4chan justice, the janitors and mods cater to them rather than recognizing the thread's opinion on the matter
>>
>>432397
I've reported all your posts. Let's see them get deleted.

>Then they'll say so and we'll have no choice but to comply or face consequences
You mean like how they banned you for posting fanfiction?

>>432401
>Would the thread be "ruined" by these people if the posts had remained?
Would the thread be ruined if they didn't complain for 3 threads about fanfiction being deleted? Them getting deleted is not within your control.

>>432403
And the reason the threads are being ruined is because the constant arguing over them.

>>432407
Your opinions within the threads mean nothing. Mods are not going to completely rewrite their rule because a very small amount of autistic fanfiction writers in the board complain about it.
>>
>>432408
>Them getting deleted is not within your control
Ok, try answering the question I asked instead of the one you want to answer.
>>
>>432408
Except I haven't been banned, but good one.

You're also missing everyone's point. The deletion of posts is one catalyst for the shitposting. The other is the "HEY GUYS, I REPORTED IT" and subsequent replies. Remove the catalyst, ie, YOU, and everything is business-as-usual for the thread.
>>
>>432408
>and the reason the threads are being ruined is because of the constant arguing over them
And the reason that happens is because of deletion.

And the deletion happens because 2 guys are beings shits.

It doesn't go further than that. I know that you love circular reasoning and to turn around an issue on someone even when not applicable, but that's it.

Threads get shit up because of people being mad about deletion, and that happens because of the deletion.

If you ban all the people who are mad about deletion, would the threads still be shit? The answer is yes, because first of all there would hardly be anyone left, and secondly they're just going to be even more mad when they ban evade or appeal or whatever.

Now, would the threads get shit up if greentext didn't get deleted? No. That's it. It wouldn't be an issue then.

You can't turn this around, because it is a one way street.
If you take away the deletion, the shitstorm ends forever.

If you take away the shitting up, it'll just come back with a vengeance.

Even you should be able to understand this.
>>
>>432408
More people are autistic and want it to stay and are willing to fight for it to stay than there are people that want it gone
>>
>>432408
>Your opinions within the threads mean nothing. Mods are not going to completely rewrite their rule because a very small amount of autistic fanfiction writers in the board complain about it.

This was never about the board. If it was then we would be right, since greentext only gets deleted in 2 generals across the board.

The issue lies only with /RWBYg/, and as we've seen, 92% of people constitute that "very small amount" you keep lying about.
>>
File: 1434735848379.png (9KB, 488x144px) Image search: [Google]
1434735848379.png
9KB, 488x144px
>>432411
I agree that people telling others they reported it is bad, but that hasn't happened in 2 threads. It's always been "RIP FANFICTION" and "HAS AUTISMO LEFT YET?!"

>>432414
Like I've said multiple times, the problem with that is that those "two people" can actually do something, unlike you.
>>
>>432417
I don't even know what you're arguing any more and I don't think you do either.
>>
>>432417
Which I've said before, is a problem that needs to be addressed
See >>432369
>>
>>432416
That "very small amount" is referring to the entirety of /co/, since you want a rule applied to all of /co/ changed. Mods and Janitors aren't against you, it's simply a matter of mods not intervening until it's reported.
>>
>>432417
Because you've kept the fucking argument going for two threads. Stop fucking replying and reporting things you don't like and it all goes away, genius.
>>
>>432423
But anon, I only replied to things this recent thread. You can't stop people from reporting you. Nothing you can do will ever stop people from reporting you. You think you're important enough to get even the slightest recognition from a mod?
>>
>>432422
That's the thing, the rule isn't applied to all of /co/, you've said it yourself.
Only to /sug/ and /rwbyg/.

That's also why people are saying that it isn't a fucking rule at all, because it only happens in 2 places on the entire fucking website.
>>
>>432427
And I just said they get deleted when they're actually reported.
>>
>>432424
When something comes up that has been allowed in the thread until recently, barring one or two incidents in the past, then yes, I DO believe it's worthy of recognition by a mod
>>
>>432021
lol, sonic-tier fanfiction

Western comic and cartoon fans live in a cultural backwater. This shit is for the emotionally subnormal.
>>
>>432434
Go back to /a/, faggot
>>
File: index.png (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
13KB, 224x225px
>>432434
>>
>>432434
This. It's the same reason shit like
>lol hell yeah guys xD
Gets deleted.
>>
File: 1387314708372.jpg (49KB, 333x393px) Image search: [Google]
1387314708372.jpg
49KB, 333x393px
>literally no one realizing it's just one individual same-fagging to hell and back about his reports and deletions so he can feel in power

wew lads
>>
>>432424
Anon, it doesn't matter how long you keep on reporting shit that doesn't need to be reported. Days, weeks, months or years from now, people are still going to keep writing and posting greentext stories, long after you get tired of shitting up the thread with your autism.

You'd need to get like 25+ people permabanned to even make a slight impact in it, and even then new posters will just keep coming in over time and make that irrelevant too.
>>
>>432442
No, everyone realizes that. It's that he's not wrong about being able to hold a thread hostage because of the broken report system that we've gotten this far.
>>
>>432443
I literally said I don't report shit, but again you're just going to go into your fantasy world where I'm the evil autismo taking away your fanfiction.

Didn't the original guy yesterday say he didn't care about your writefaggotry if it was posted in the pastebin? He gave a solution and you shit all over it, so he decided to do what he's doing.
>>
>>432432
Great way to completely ignore my argument.
What do you expect, that I'll forget what I said and say "oh shit you're right".

It's the same with the "whose fault is it" thing. You get out-discussed, have nothing else to say, and just ignore it. Instead of being a good sport and saying "yeah, but... (insert another argument here", so that you might actually learn something from this whole endeavor, you choose to be stubborn while everyone can see that you're wrong.

Ignoring someone's argument only makes your position weaker, and everyone sees it.

Why are you even still kidding yourself?

Come back when you can actually properly reply to people.
>>
I want to know exactly what rule fan fiction violates.
If it is on the topic of the thread how is it off topic?
That is like saying any stories or theories are subject to punishment and deletion unless they are from an official source material. That is a very subjective interpretation of on topic.
The only ones I can see that should get deleted are smut ones because that is a rule violation.
Really it needs a mod to actually explain what rule it violates or add a new rule to /Co/ or the site to make it a clear violation.
>>
>>432447
Because the solution doesn't make any sense.
It's still being posted, it's still going to be discussed, it has just shapeshifted. It's a fucktarded powerplay by someone who's abusing a bad system.

Also, this guy >>432448
has said it all I think. You're a lost cause. In a few days this will blow over and we'll get our greentext again for a few months. See ya autismo.
>>
>>432448
But I didn't ignore your argument, I gave an actual reason for why some get deleted and not others. The mods and Janitors aren't against /sug/ and /RWBYg/. Fuck, a mod literally posted in /sug/ about how he didn't want to be spoilered.
>>
>>432447
Yeah I'm sure it's not you reporting shit, and you're not the same person from the beginning. The janitors are just really happy to do it for free like five hundred percent more than normal.
>>
>>432451
>It's still being posted, it's still going to be discussed, it has just shapeshifted
Then what's the problem? He can't do anything when it's posted in the pastebin, and it's the perfect retaliation.
>>
>>432454
I was actually against him yesterday, but your constant faggotry made me see how cancerous you guys are.
>>
>>432455
Except it's not a solution. According to you, said in the last thread, fanfiction and fanfiction discussion fall under "off-topic" and pastebinning and posting the link for discussion would still be breaking the rules and result deletion/banning
>>
>>432455
Because it's annoying to do so, and when it's the exact same thing (and in your eyes the exact same problem) we should be able to post it normally if we're allowed to cap or post pastebins.
>>
>>432459
I'm actually unsure about whether it breaks the rules or not, since you're not technically posting it on 4chan. Either way, he literally said he didn't care if you guys pastebinned it. That stands to reason that he wouldn't report you.

>>432461
Oh no, it annoys you? Kind of like how it annoys people to sift through tons of posts about fanfiction? Hmm.
>>
>>432464
Left click, hide post.

There, I fucking saved your index finger the stress of having to scroll down.
>>
>>432453
>"the rule doesn't apply to /co/, only to /sug/ and /rwbyg/

You ignored the shit out of that one.

>the mods aren't against /sug/ and /rwbyg/
Then why are those thread the only victims on the entire website? Why are you speaking on behalf of the mods? The ones who, in your eyes, shouldn't have to explain any of the shit they're doing.

>>432464
How it annoys 2 people to not look at posts that are clearly marked by way of BEING FUCKING GREEN?
That's literally fucking nothing when compared to the rest of the general not being able to do what they like and what's normally allowed.

Not to mention that you don't have to sift through shit, use the filter system, it's there for a reason.
>>
>>432464
>Kind of like how it annoys people
3 people. It annoys 3 people. It annoys less than 10% of the thread.
>>
>>432464
>Oh no, it annoys you? Kind of like how it annoys people to sift through tons of posts about fanfiction? Hmm.

You fucking did it again. You cherry pick a certain part of a post and ignore the rest, because you think your position will look strong that way.

I'm fucking done, talking to you is worse than talking to a retarded 5 year old, this is literally youtube comments-tier.
>>
>>432466
bookmark pastebin, copy and paste into a page

There, I saved you the stress of having your stupid fanfiction deleted.

>>432467
>Then why are those thread the only victims on the entire website? Why are you speaking on behalf of the mods? The ones who, in your eyes, shouldn't have to explain any of the shit they're doing.
Because they're the only ones you see reported.

>How it annoys 2 people to not look at posts that are clearly marked by way of BEING FUCKING GREEN?
"2 people" that can actually do something about it, unlike you.
>Not to mention that you don't have to sift through shit, use the filter system, it's there for a reason
Just like how you can simply post in /trash/.

>>432468
Who can actually make you fuck off.

This is honestly the dumbest argument you guys have made yet.
>GRR WHY CAN'T HE JUST IGNORE IT OR HIDE IT
>well why don't you just post it somewhere it can't get deleted?
>BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO
>>
>>432021
http://www.4chan.org/feedback
I feel like this is another thing that would go well in this thread, at least in hopes of getting a response
>>
>>432472
Fanfiction is literally youtube comment-tier mate.
>>
>>432474
>This is honestly the dumbest argument you guys have made yet.
>GRR WHY CAN'T HE JUST IGNORE IT OR HIDE IT
>well why don't you just post it somewhere it can't get deleted?
>BECAUSE IT'S MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE THREAD
ftfy
>>
>>432478
Can't they just put it in a pastebin or something?

This fixes pretty much all the bitching.
>>
>>432478
>what are links
You can literally just show it to the thread.
>>
>>432474
>Who can actually make you fuck off.
Just because they can doesn't mean they're justified. This is not the argument we're having. We all understand that they can get us deleted, it has happened, that is not up for debate. The argument is whether they should be able to, which they shouldn't.
>>
>>432482
>which they shouldn't
Why not?
>>
>>432482
But they should, because mods have banned you for writing fanfiction and you just choose to ignore it.
>>
>>432485
They've also given warnings which they've chosen to ignore.

If they just posted a pic of it or put it in a pastebin that would have been fine.
>>
>>432477
I could link some very well written stuff, but someone like you, someone who's so hateful towards a particular thing that they're willing to fuck with the good times of loads of people is not going to listen anyway.

>>432483
>why shouldn't a dictator kill all the people in his nation? He can so he should right?
>>
>>432485
And then suddenly it's ok for 3 months, please explain that.
>>
>>432483
>>432485
Look at all the reasons you've been arguing against for the past day and a half.

>because mods have banned you for writing fanfiction and you just choose to ignore it.
Just because someone with power does something doesn't make it justified or right. Also people have been posting greentext for 2 and a half years and very extremely rarely been banned, why is now different?
>>
>>432487
>Comparing mods to a dictator
>Comparing deleting muh fanfics to killing
Muh fallacy.
>>
>>432490
>Similar situations with varying extremities cannot be compared
What is any study on anything ever
>>
>>432487
I could do the same.

>>432489
>If a dictator killed people for 2 and a half years and everyone has been okay with it, why is now any different?
>>
>>432492
>Similiar
>Killing is equal to someone deleting a text you could easily post in a pastebin.
K
>>
>>432483
>>432485
But they shouldn't, because the thread has been allowed to create greentext stories for YEARS. It has been a main part of the community and has been ALLOWED BY MODS FOR YEARS.
Only within the last year has it become a problem, and now two or three people, less than 10% of the thread, are allowed to DICTATE whether or not it is allowed, because the janitors and Mods believe the generals can moderate themselves instead of being willing to deal with it. People ARE willing to fight this both the fact that they abuse a broken report system and up-for-interpretation rule as fact when it has been ALLOWED FOR YEARS. Hence this thread.
This whole discussion is based on the fact that people that are willing to stand for themselves are being told to roll over and take it up the ass, all because two or three people want it gone
>>
>>432488
Not reported consistently.

>>432486
I agree that posting in the pastebin should be fine, as it hardly obstructs anything.

>>432489
>Just because a mod does something doesn't make it justified or right
It does until said otherwise
>RWBYg talking about how Star threads are getting greentexts nuked
>b-b-but /sug/ and /rwbyg/ are just hated by mods!
>>
>>432497
Wrong. It's been deleted every time someone has reported it.

>This whole discussion is based on the fact that people that are willing to stand for themselves are being told to roll over and take it up the ass
Because you're on a website where nothing can be done. You literally have no power here.
>>
>>432493
>If a dictator killed people for 2 and a half years and everyone has been okay with it, why is now any different?
Are you fucking brain damaged? Greentext does no harm to anyone and can be easily ignored. I don't think the same can be said about mass execution, I'm not sure though.
>>
>>432499
>It does until said otherwise
Rather, you can't do anything about it until the mod changes his name.
>>
>>432496
>Conveniently ignoring everything in my post other than the first word.
k
>>
>>432497
Or, you know, back then no one bothered reporting it.

You're saying stuff like dictatorship but it's ironic that that's the mentally of someone who grew up in one.

You can't see that what you're doing is wrong and you're only basis for it being okay is because "Well, that's just how everyone does it."

That's the kind of thinking that set back human rights. Discrimination on women and minorities were continued because "Well that's how it's always been."

Fucking trash, the lot of you.
>>
>>432502
Greentexts being deleted can easily be ignored, just post it in /trash/ or a pastebin.
>>
>>432502
Tell that to >>432487
>>
>>432506
You are so stupid it's not even worth the time or energy to argue with you.
>>
>>432501
>Wrong. It's been deleted every time someone has reported it.
Wrong, it has only happened in the last year that people have been getting it deleted and banned for it.
There were LOADS of reports when greentext stories started getting off the ground in RWBYg, and some tried saying it shouldn't be allowed. But they were swallowed up by the people that liked them, and the reports went ignored
>inb4 citation needed
Go look through threads 50-175 in the storage

>Because you're on a website where nothing can be done. You literally have no power here.
Which is one of the things that needs to be addressed, as I've said multiple times throughout this thread
>>
>>432496
Killing is not the focus of the comparison you tard, it's about how you shouldn't do something just because you can.

The killing part is to show that that can be a really bad idea.

Are you seriously fucking unable to analyze simple comparisons? Are you going this far in your strawmanning that you're actually trying to convince us that our comparisons have different intentions than what they clearly have?
Fuck off man.

>>432493
What the fuck do you mean "I could do the same"?
You could link to fanfiction that sucks dick?
Of course you fucking can. Literally every single thing in existence has good sides and bad sides to it, what are you even fucking saying at this point.

>>432499
So because for a few days per quarter of a year janitors ban a thing, they should ban that thing?
Precisely because it's not deleted for a comparatively way bigger amount of time it they shouldn't do it.

Also, stop saying fucking mod. You're assuming that because people got banned a few times every single deletion was the doing of a mod.

>>432506
>discrimination of women and yada yada
You're using the exact same type of comparison that was just used for the dictatorship. The comparison is not wrong, but if you won't accept the dictatorship one then you're a fucking hypocrite.

Also, your entire argument rests on the premise that just because janitors delete greentext extremely rarely (compared to how often they don't), it should always be deleted, which is the stupidest thing I've heard so far.
>>
File: 1429642144561.gif (645KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
1429642144561.gif
645KB, 500x443px
>>432510
>oh shit he found the hole in my argument, I gotta run!
>>
>>432513
Ok then. You compare the ideals of the defenders to that of a dictatorship yet at the same time advocate and actively encourage the pursuit of unjust power by a minority who seek to make the majority conform to their ideals. Seems kind of hipocritical to me.
>>
>>432511
>There were LOADS of reports when greentext stories started getting off the ground in RWBYg
[citation needed]
Show me the reports.

>>432512
>So because for a few days per quarter of a year janitors ban a thing, they should ban that thing?
But anon, it's always been deleted.
>>
>>432515
Not the same guy, moron.
>>
>>432515
All of that is very loaded against the mods and to your side.

This is why terrorists are the worst people. They think if they describe themselves as defenders it is okay.
>>
>>432516
>But anon, it's always been deleted.
No, it hasn't.
They get deleted for a couple days a year, but that's it. It's not a constant 24/7/365 deletion like you think it is.
>>
>>432516
I've already given you the citation, go read threads 50-175 with the people that say it shouldn't be allowed and that they reported it.
They were bitched out and stayed silent, and nothing reported was deleted

>But anon, it's always been deleted
my turn to [citation needed]
>>
>>432513
The fact that you, the person who is furiously applying circular reasoning, strawmanning and the ignoring of arguments, is saying this, is fucking baffling.

How can any single human have such an enormous lack of introspection.

I'm not even the guy you're replying to, you're just the most insufferable prick I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I suppose that if you try to argue with someone who does nothing but repeat the same shit (that has been disproven again and again), and then leave because of the futility of it, you have "lost" as well?

>>432516
>citation needed
He fucking showed you where you can find it, he literally cited his claim you fucking mong.

>but anon, it's always been deleted
And now you're straight up lying too, great.

Well, that's enough youtube-tier retardism for the next 20 years of my life or so folks, goodbye.
>>
>>432517
>Replys as if he is the person
>I'm the moron for not realising

>>432518
>This is why terrorists are the worst people. They think if they describe themselves as defenders it is okay.

>Comes to our thread
>Attacks what we have been doing for years
>We are the ones that deserve the terrorism comparison
>>
>>432521
>>432520
>>432522
But you yourselves have already acknowledged that these greentexts have been deleted. Even if they weren't, things change and they are now. saying "go back to r.eddit" used to not be a bannable offense, and now it is.
>>
>>432481
>it's not okay to post the story in the thread and get comments
>but posting the story in the thread and getting comments is fine if it says pastebin
>>
File: imagepng_2_2.png (16KB, 446x359px) Image search: [Google]
imagepng_2_2.png
16KB, 446x359px
Fuck me. At this rate anons wont even be allowed to post reaction images because it's "off topic."

This is what happens when you have reddit mods.
>>
>>432535
Yup. Pastebin it and it won't be reported. There's literally no problem with that.
>>
>>432537
What's the fucking difference, why does it matter?

Why should it take up mods' time to do so?
>>
>>432544
Exactly, what's the difference? Just be happy you can do it.
>>
>>432550
One requires the mods to do more work.

Why should that be the case?
>>
>>432552
Maybe the pastebins aren't even reported?
>>
>>432553
If you have either option available: mods don't have to do anything

If you bitch at them, they have to go out of their way and ban people and remove posts

If they're BOTH the same, then why would the one that requires more work be the one that's chosen?
>>
>>432555
The world may never know.
>>
>>432553
This. It prevents a ton of this sort of shit happening.

Wasn't this done way way back? Why can't we just do it again. People are just lazy.
>>
>>432558
Thus this ruling is stupid.

>>432559
I'd rather not have to wait for another website to load when I could, you know, just read the text right here.
>>
>>432561
>I'd rather not have to wait for another website to load when I could, you know, just read the text right here
I'd rather not scroll down through greentexts.
>>
>>432562
>Why can't we just do it again. People are just lazy.
>>
>>432562
Then just hide it. It's faster than reporting.
>>
>>432564
>>432565
And clicking the link is faster than arguing for days about why you should be able to post fanfiction.
>>
>>432568
>clicking the link
>you can't click
>faster

Fucktard
>>
>>432568
>Everyone else should accomodate what I want and change for me
>Me change? why would I do that?
>Wh-what? I'm the minority?
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN FORCING MY OPINIONS ON A LARGER GROUP ISN'T RIGHT?
>>
>>432576
Good thing the people reporting you can actually do something.
>>
>>432568
Hiding the posts is faster than making people argue for days.
>>
>>432577
Your argument is circular and has been shown to be so many times, you realise that right?
>>
>>432559
>Why can't we just do it again. People are just lazy.
>people are lazy
>for not posting one link
>instead of a multi-post story

how...is that lazy?
How is doing the one that takes longer somehow lazier than the shorter one in your head?
>>
God you /co/tards just pump out reams of shit. Look at this thread.
>>
>>432021
Sonic-tier role play, lol
>>
>>432618
There's possibly a total of three unique IPs that are for greentext banning here, you and another guy that are shitposting, and the rest are fighting against/want clarification on greentexts being banned for being off-topic
As well as those that are advocating for one or two people not being able to control an entire thread's culture
>>
>>432632
If you're looking at unique IP's for consensus, you are truly lost.

I'm sure you could find a hundred autists to tell you greentext erotica is awesome, but most regular people think it's for losers.
Look at /mlp/ and how sad they are. They love greentext fanfiction.
>>
>>432639
>>432618
>>432630

not really relevant
>>
>>432021
>/co/mblr is actually defending fan fucking fiction
You really are the worst board.
>>
>>432639
That's great, the majority of people in the thread it's posted in like them. It's only 2-3 people in the thread that actively report them.
If you're going to use /mlp/ as an example, we aren't as rampant, and do our best to contain ourselves to our outposts on /co/, /u/ and as of recently /aco/. We discuss the show as well as the fanfiction we create
However, over the last few months, we had a guy that started proxy reporting greentext stories under the guise that, and I quote, "it is my duty as a member of 4chan"
This has only happened a couple times, and every time it goes back to normal eventually, but they started reporting responses to the fanfiction as well, be it positive or negative, and now we have a guy that claims we have to roll over and bear it because "we have the power to do something about it and you have no power to do anything to us"
At this point, THIS is what needs to be addressed, because 2-3 people taking 50+ other's thread culture hostage because they've seen it happen before is ridiculous
>>
>>432646
lol. Because it's unflattering to you?
>>
>>432659
because it contributes nothing to the discussion
>>
>>432660
Nothing positive for you, you mean
>>
>>432664
No, I mean it literally doesn't contribute to the discussion
Are you high?
>>
>>432657
>2-3 people

I think what's more likely is that you are telling yourself it's just a couple of people so you can act like you're really persecuted.

Autists who write greentext RP are already disconnected enough from reality - so I kinda doubt your estimation of opposition to RP greentext
>>
>>432657
>someone is just proxy reporting us
Keep believing that, anon.
>>
>>432668
"It doesn't contribute to the discussion" is quite genuinely a reddit ethos. You are free to fire back without calling for the referee.
>>
>>432647
It's less defending fanfiction and more opposing faggotry.

It just so happens that fanfiction is the lesser of two evils in this situation.
>>
>>432681
No, literally this entire thread is defending fanfiction. You're rightfully banned for unironically posting RP shit outside cringe threads.
>>
>>432647
>>432680
keep stroking that e-peen buddy
>>432699
And you're rightfully a faggot for shitting on creativity
>>
>>432681
Doesn't compute. Fan fiction is faggotry.
>>
>>432699
Except it's not RP, it's writing about characters of the show doing things outside of the show, something that is actually encouraged by the people that made the show in the first place making it on-topic an allowed, regardless of how bad it is
>>
>>432701
>shitting on creativity

It's not very creative. Actually it's really lame and derivative - like a lot of fan fiction.
But I already know the mindset. You're very enamored of how creative you are, so you just won't hear anything that is not praise.
>>
File: ohi'mlaughing.png (246KB, 415x295px) Image search: [Google]
ohi'mlaughing.png
246KB, 415x295px
>>432708
>>432701
Holy fucking shit. You have Reddit and Tumblr to write your faggot ass fanfiction. 4chan has pretty low standards, but we'll never be low enough to not call you out on this gay shit.
>may comes up to the boy, blushing furiously
>"uh...Hello?"
>She says nothing and just thrusts a walkie talkie into his hands
>Runs away.
>He stands watching her go, confused.
>The walkie talkie clicks to life
>"Eagle One to Eagle Two, come in eagle two, over." *kshhht*
>"...uh... Hi?"

>A pause.
>"...you have to say over when you end transmission eagle two, over." *Kshhht*
>"roger that?...Over?"
>"I like you eagle two, over." *kshhht*
>"..."
>"eagle two, please respond, this is really embarrassing, over."
>>
>>432719
proving my point by not understanding how creativity works

>>432726
that's fine but it doesn't make you any less of a fucktard
>>
>>432726
Wonderful, but no one asked for your opinion on whether or not it was good, it was whether it was on-topic or not, and on the fact that three people are holding a thread hostage to become how THEY want it rather than the way most of the thread wants it
>>
>>432731
>not understanding how creativity works

I understand it involves some degree of originality. I'm seeing a severe lack of that.
>>
>>432287
I agree. They should ban RWBY entirely. Fanshit circlejerkers have shown they have no intention to obey the rules after all.
>>
>>432748
and what rules are being disobeyed?
>>
>>432755
The ones that you fags get banned for every single time this happens.
>>
File: 1449253525862.jpg (107KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1449253525862.jpg
107KB, 800x770px
>>432731
>>432734
>that's fine but it doesn't make you any less of a fucktard
And yet you're all so buttflustered that a thread was made here to complain about mods deleting a fucking fanfiction on 4chan. Things don't have to be within the rule violations to be banned, they just have to be retarded enough to take action. Look at Naruto threads years ago, RWBY manga threads, and posting f a m and t b h.
You guys are LITERALLY crying over your fanfiction being deleted on 4chan. Seriously though, just go to Tumblr or Reddit, mean old mods won't hurt you there.

>>432748
Could we get mods to ban RWBY entirely? They tried to shit up /a/ and now they're writing fanfiction after what looks to be multiple bans.
>>
>>432757
>The ones that you fags get banned for every single time this happens
Except no one has been banned during today's autism fit
But please, continue talking about how so many people get banned for doing something they've done for years
>>
>>432758
go cry to the /a/ mods. After all, they've already given RWBY a thread every time a chapter comes out there
I also prefer they don't go there, but there's retards that don't agree with that
>>
>>432757
but how are they against the rules?

If it is fanfiction about the topic in question, then it is related. Therefore, not against the rules. This is why the thread is made. It's almost like you guys don't know basic reading comprehension.
>>432758
>i dont like something therefor it is ban worthy
>muh opinions
>>
>>432762
There have been bans for greentext, but it's mainly for things that are supposed to be cute fics that become suicide stories because one fuck takes of with the story

He just believes that because it's happened before, it must be against the rules, since Mods and Janitors are infallible gods
>>
>>432762
>i dont like something therefor it is ban worthy
>muh opinions
>what is global rule 6
>what is 4chan history
Moot also deleted every non Naruto thread once.

>>432761
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136902639/#136902639
Nice fact checking, nerd.
>>
>>432767
As I said, they get ONE thread. If multiple pop up, the mods crack down. lrn2 reading comprehension, weeb
>>
>>432770
Do you see a chapter 3 thread anywhere else? Go on, check Desustorage, I'll wait.
>>
You should not write greentext fan-fiction because it is embarassing and shameful.

Although I suspect the absence of shame is why we're talking about this.
>>
>>432767
I fail to see how that is relevant.
>>
>>432771
Literally the first thing that popped up
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/136917038/
>>
>>432774
It's relevant because you are such a newfag that you don't know mods here can ban and delete your posts, even when they don't technically break the rules.

>>432775
Oh fuck, how did I miss that one. Either way, there is no rule stating that Western IP original manga cannot have more than one thread a chapter. These RWBY threads don't break the rules, and yet they get deleted. It still retains what I said earlier.
>>
>>432775
Mods are asleep right now. Do you also think interracial threads are allowed on /v/ and /pol/?
>>
>>432775
Wait a fucking minute. Nice try mate, but the one I posted was made before the one you did. If they were allowed, the first one wouldn't have been deleted. Mods are just sleeping.
>>
>>432781
I'm not gonna lie, you told my to go find one, I went to the /a/ storage, and it was just the first thing on there
>>
>>432782
I'll forgive you this one time, but only because I was too dumb to look at the timestamp first.
>>
Is this thread basically just full of people from /co/mbler trying to defend their fanfiction?
>>
>>432889
No, just the right to post it.
Also
>>432758
>>432703
>>432699
>>432726
>>432674
>>432639
>>432618
>>432630
Get a more original argument faggot
>>
>>432902
Why does an argument need to be original? RWBY general is cancer. Always has been, always will.
>>
>>432021
What a surprise, /co/.
Now you guys are crying
>Why are my fanfictions being deleted

Holy shit you're cancerous as fuck. I'm pretty sure you can post fanfictions in tumblr, the place you belong.
>>
>mod on /a/ in no time to say RWBY is allowed
>still no word on the rules in /co/

let's just take /RWBYg/ and push it on to /a/!
>>
>>432929
>>432939
keep on that circular logic
>>
>>432939
>>432889
Fuck off, /a/. Our manga is allowed, and it has it's own storyline, so you don't need to go watch the show to learn about it, and therefore don't need to go to the general to learn about it
We have our general, you have your board, blame the /a/ faggots that wanted it there in the first place, because God knows most of us want nothing to do with you
>>
>>432021
>m-muh fanfiction is being banned!
Holy shit fucking kill yourselves.
>>
bumping in hopes of an answer
>>
>>432902
lol, no

Fanfiction is for fatass manchildren
>>
>>434203
As is anime
>>
>>434203
>>434213
Funny because you two seem to be fatass manchildren without the need for either!
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.