[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you left this place yet? Why do you still c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: yt.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yt.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Why haven't you left this place yet?
Why do you still come here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhx6IfKrvEQ
>>
I cant find a better web site
>>
>>431825
I still come here because I like the maymays and the laffs
>>
I come here, because it gives me something I can't get from any other place. Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
I like a few people here. There are things I can do here that I can't do anywhere else. But I am constantly feeling tempted to leave over the past year. I don't know if I can last even one more year here.
>>
Unless things get fixed this year, a lot of people are going to start leaving this site
>>
File: 2016-02-01_16-09-26.png (216KB, 740x477px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01_16-09-26.png
216KB, 740x477px
This guy sounds like he got really butthurt that his opinions got called shit.

I use 4chan mostly for /d/ like the video said, and I would say judging from my ~1.5 GB worth of various inflation and BBW pictures that I'm getting some pretty good milage out of it.

Not pictured: my other /d/ folder which is unorganized and is about 400 MB on its own.
>>
>>431825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEZwdfi_Db8
purple cushions that kiss orange
>bluhat
>>
>>431825
cause it's FUN
>>
>>43
>1948
Bonsai
>>
>>431943
Okay? So you're main board is a non-discussion board. You don't really have a basis to comment on his reasons against 4chan.
>>
>>431825
Is still somehow the best and active place to discuss airing anime on the internet.
>>
>>431969
Every thread I've been in this season has been filed to the brim with spoilerfags (I won't read a manga specifically for an upcoming anime, so this is a problem for me), waifufags, and other things that stifle conversation. So are you sure?
>>
>>431972
Yes.
Forums for anime usually only have a dozen or so posts a week.
MAL has maybe 50-100+ for the more popular shows but it is still MAL.
Reddit you get maybe 200-300 comments but it isn't really much of a discussion but people either summarising the whole ep with screenshots or just saying it was a good ep and after the first day discussion is all but dead. It is also basically /a/-lite at times with people still saying who is best girl and stealing /a/ OC.
While with /a/ you may get people spoiling stuff there is still discussion and arguments about things 3 or 4 days after airing. It is better to take the mentality of just reading the manga or LNs yourself if you are really interested in a show or just watch it because you like it even if you know some plot points. As for waifu stuff you just have to mentally filter it yourself since every show will always have people going "best girl" and so on to attract people into threads to get other conversations going on.
>>
>>431983
I suppose you're right.

Do you generally feel like discussion on /a/ is in a good place right now?
>>
>>431966
He asked
>does 4chan make you happy? then feel free to disregard this entire video.
and my answer to that question would be "yeah a bit". Probably not in the "OH MAN OH JEEZ GOTTA CHECK AND SEE IF THE FAT CHICK THREAD GOT ANY REPLIES RECENTLY OH WOWIE" way that he put it, but still.
>>
>>431984
>Do you generally feel like discussion on /a/ is in a good place right now?
It isn't terrible, but I would rather it turned back a few years to around 2012 where generals were purged from the board. Rather people let threads die naturally than having to force themselves to keep it alive with an image dump or some other tertiary element.
Mostly comes from after 4 days of a 24/7 thread there is nothing new to talk about.
Is my only real gripe with /a/ beyond ironic shitposting, but that is on all boards nearly..
>>
>>431969
Too bad most airing anime is complete shit

And good luck trying to discuss older shows that are not waifu bait
>>
>>431986
Yes he asked that, but it wasn't the main draw of his criticism. Answering "yes" to the happiness question gives you enough to disagree with him, but not enough to write off his other reasoning as not being true, which is what it seemed like your initial post was doing.
>>
File: 1435938462379.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1435938462379.gif
2MB, 400x306px
>>431901
>There are things I can do here that I can't do anywhere else

Ive been here for 10 years now and Im trying to figure out what this is.
>>
>>431994
>And good luck trying to discuss older shows that are not waifu bait
Good luck trying to discuss it anywhere else beyond some dedicated forums for shows (like Macross) or you get lucky and Reddit does one of their anime rewatch things for a show you want to talk about. You may get 10 posts if you are lucky and it is the same reason why the threads don't really work well on /a/ either. It has had its time and been discussed to death.
Though /a/ does gets a thread every few weeks dedicated to old shows and it will usually max out over a day or so.
>>
>>431999
Post whatever you want on most boards as long as it doesn't violate some relatively light and forgiving rules. Most boards' moderation is fairly forgiving too unless you post something blatantly over the line.
>>
>>431983
our /a/ compared to say cripplechan's /a/ is much faster, and I think people like that.
>>
>>432008
Yep, faster is actually better in a way. While slow discussion may have less shitposting it also stagnates far faster. Having more people post more often keeps things slightly more fresh I feel. Well beyond the generals problem that is, but that comes from a smaller and smaller group of people posting over time.
>>
>>432003
I was gonna say it is not hard to get discussion on an old show that was actually liked and well known in its day, as long as it is not bebop or something else literally discussed to death all over the place.

If you start a thread on a show that is both old and very obscure then good luck. If a show wasn't popular it just never takes off in discussion. That's what "not popular" basically fucking means, is no one knows it cares. There are plenty of shows not even a year old that would be difficult to keep an active thread on on /a/.

/v/ and /tv/ aren't any more easy to discuss old obscure things on. What do they talk most about? Popular recent stuff (maybe semi-recent for some hallmarkbtitles) and brand new stuff. If they talk abkut franhises (e.g Super Mario) it is in good part because they are still going. Just like /a/ rarely had any Dragonball threads in recent years until Super started. /v/ got a board just to try to help make it possible at all to discuss old games yet even then /vr/ is a ghost town. That's just the way things are.
>>
>>432016
Same problem with /mu/, it's impossible to talk about music that isn't /mu/core or overhyped outside of dedicated generals
>>
>>431825
You don't become a better person because you stop doing something.
You become a better person by DOING something about your problems.
>>
>>432035
How to fix your problems
step 1. Get off of 4chan
>>
>>431999
Wonderful things.

>>432005
That is mostly true in my case. Though, I don't doubt that many people simply want to post pretty much whatever on almost any board as long as it's even remotely related. It sounds great at first, but it's one of the main reasons why /v/ is so bad.
>>
He has a point
>>
File: 1450123894454.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450123894454.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
Yeah I'll have to scale back on things.
Maybe visit other boards on 4chins, but also seek out other communities.

Been diagnosed with a proper depression a week ago and I got the feeling that I got this condition over years of 4chan abuse and other personal fuckups.
Things definitely used to be better for me.
This is the second time I'm hearing about net-positivity of things you do lately. And I can definitely say that visiting 4chan is not great for me, especially since everything is just getting shittier here.

Now that I am aware of this I want to break out of all of this shit and become active again.
Lift some weights, join the local fighting game scene, draw, or anything really.
I planned most of this already, but I didnt actually consider dropping 4chan or visiting less often before this video.
>>
>>431907
What makes you think that 2016 will be some sort of tipping point for people?
Honestly interested.
>>
2011/12 was arguably the all-time low of the site.
>>
I wanted to react to the OP video, but honestly it all boils to the presumtion that you should somehow pregress in life and get something out of your time, in which case 4chan would be a deterrent of that progress as it is essentially always a waste of time in any sense, unless you are there to have fun/enjoy yourself, which I might dissagree with on personal level, but in the end it's opinion/personal preference, so it's kind of irrefutable.

The biggest problem is that the guy takes 4chan as a cause of the person's problems, but I'd say it's merely a symptom, it's not that 4chan causes you to get autism, it's that austists love 4chan, he's reversing cause and effect and while I'd probably agree that browing 4chan influences you in a way, it's probably to individual and in my opinion not as significant for most people as the site already serves as validation what they already thought.
>>
>>433185
Nah so far 2015-2016 is going to be even worse
>>
>>433185
>>433197
I agree with both.
2011/12 was the worst but 2015/16 is the runner up for worst.
They might end up being just as awful, just with different flavors of shit.
>>
>>433207
The only hope we got is if Hiro fucking fixes his damn internet already and actually starts hiring more mods and janitors
>>
>>433194
> it's not that 4chan causes you to get autism, it's that austists love 4chan
I dont really think that its all about cause and effect. At least not purely.
Sure, people with autismal tendencies might feel drawn to a place like 4chins, but at the same time staying at a place like this can make everything much worse.

Or at least he believes that, and I kinda agree with him on that.
>>
>>433210
I'd say that's really debateable, and too personal, he's really talking about specific kind of person that actually hates their life and wishes to change and uses 4chan to validate their lifestyle as an escapist fantasy, but the thing is that merely leaving 4chan wouldn't help them, there's bigger hole in their life that they would just fill with different kind of time waster instead. The advice shouldn't be merely "leave 4chan bro", but do something else instead of 4chan and eventually you won't even want to come back/be there as much anymore, which is the actual problem these people face and there is actual no advice given on that front apart from just "leave 4chan", in which case it's a vapid and useless statement for anyone.

And it's not like I'd demand the video to be of help to anyone in particular, there is no obligation and there shouldn't be, especially since it's talking about wide plathora of people and you'd need to make rather personalized advices, which you cannot really cover in such short video.

My criticism would probably now go even further and claim that the video might be an okay personal story, but it serves little to no purpose as an actual advice for anyone, it might be stepping stone that makes people aware and think about their situation and eventually change their habits, but most of these people are already aware of what's being said and won't do anything about their lives, because the staleness of their life is the problem and they wish they could change it, thus they actually aren't happy on 4chan and would want to change in some way, but don't know how, so merely bringing it up to them won't change a thing.
>>
File: 1430937072740.jpg (116KB, 784x393px) Image search: [Google]
1430937072740.jpg
116KB, 784x393px
>>433209
>hiring SMARTER mods and janitors

Fixed for you
>>
>>433209
More janitors and mods wont fix the underlying issue, a shitty culture that makes idiots think whatever goes is fair game. You can thank our dear leader moot for fucking that up by not stamping it out when he had the chance. You guys can also be like /a/, who quickly reports shitposting and so the board is largely free of it.
>>
>>433229
Certainly, moot created a pretty big problem, but I think if people are banned enough they will eventually realize the site is not what they believe it is and give up. Persistence is key here.
>>
>>433221
>it might be stepping stone that makes people aware and think about their situation
I think the video is mostly good for that.
He makes it clear that those people who are perfectly satisfied with going to 4chan should continue doing that.
He adresses those who arent truly satisfied and asks if the 4chan experience is truly worth it considering everything. Its the situation he was in and he wants to share it. It is pretty much a blog entry.

I think he shouldve focused on some points, like the /a/ visitors who cant even be assed to watch anime anymore.
I am from /v/, and I see people who dont play videogames all the time.
They spend most of their time just being fucking bitter rather than doing anything else that could be enjoyable for them.
All that bitterness and negativity is what's currently driving me away. I think that most people who visit a metaboard like /qa/ do it because they arent satisfied.

Obviously everything doesnt simply end and improve at quitting 4chan, but reconsidering the situation and maybe trying out other things could help those who werent even fully aware of their current state.
>>
>>433185
/v/ at the least had began to improve around 2013 and 2014. Then GamerGate happened.
>>
>>433221
Yap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
>>
>>433235
Yeah, as I pointed out the video isn't useless by any strech of imagination, but I do still think it was handled quite poorly as a help for people. It merely points to a huge glowing hole in their existance and does nothing else to alleviate it, though I still haven't exactly made up my mind about how personal resposibility and personal dynamics work, so I might eventually come to conclusion that merely giving people the awareness and information is the best course of action, because trying to push a person into a particular choice merely makes them resist it and the only way is to make person feel like they're making their own decisions, but at least giving them some pointers/suggestions/options wouldn't have hurt.

Also I'm still basically newfag /a/non, I cannot really comment about the condition of the site as I do not have any representative sample of how the site worked in the past, though I knew about it for years and I've been active on the internet since I was like 12, so I was a bit aware of the culture by like 3rd hand, not that it really brings any validity to my opinion.
>>
>>433235
>They spend most of their time just being fucking bitter rather than doing anything else that could be enjoyable for them.
This is an issue on all boards. People spend way too much time here and not enough on whatever they're discussing. So they get frustrated over nothing happening. Some /a/nons spend too much time talking about anime and not enough watching it, and complain because they can't find anything even though they haven't even bothered to look. /v/irgins whine about how video games suck nowadays and in the same breath say that they don't play games. On /o/, I've begun to frequent the /dbt/ thread and many cases you have people spend more time arguing about the quality of the thread than discussing bikes. But in all those cases, the quality of the boards or threads aren't because they are full of terrible posters, it's because no one is out doing anything and bringing their experiences to the discussion, they want someone to give it to them.
>>
>>433245
The video is mostly rambling, and the title implies that its about what made him quit.
Maybe he shouldve treated it more like that personal perspective and then asked others to reflect on it.
Either way I dont think its too bad, if very unfocused.

And its not really important how things used to be, its more about the current state.
Maybe things used to be as shit but I just wasnt aware. I actually do think that they were worse at some point. Others metioned how bad 2011/12 was.

>>433249
Things getting stale is a problem. Also people scared of moving out of their safe space.
Its why some faggots try to force off topic threads on boards, rather than going to the home board for that specific topic.
At the same time we have that mentality that all OC is obviously reddit so people dont even feel like making any because everything gets shat on always.
The obsession with hating everything outside of your homeboard (and often everything in the homeboard itself) makes an exchange of information worse.
Everybody is just too bitter and thats not enjoyable.

Terrible posters are an issue too though. Too many respond to blatant shitposting, shitposters get off to the attention they get and then they shitpost more.
>>
>>433253
What I think made those years so bad was because shitposting was at a critical point. People were sick of it, offtopic threads were getting saged to thread and the OPs told to go somewhere else. It could have been high points, but the shitposters whined to moot, who took notice, and for some dumb reason, took their side. So instead of a turning point that could have made 4chan better, it went for the worst, and we got two years of straight VIDYA? DON'T YOU MEAN DEEPSEA/ITO GENERAL?
>>
>>433244
I think I've heard about the experiment and the model presented in the video is pretty much what I operate with, though I'm not sure I'd entirely agree with the conclusion, social connection is supposedly the determining factor in drugs usage, thus building connections is the solution and while it would be a solution I think it's more about the underlying feeling of belinging/satisfaction that actually makes people more susceptible to drug usage, not merely being social as someone might take from the video, it's about actually connecting with others on more personal level that brings people the satisfaction/belonging that fills the hole that is alternatively filled with drugs.

The thing is that we're now assuming that people can actually connect with others and that connection with people does fill the hole, which now brings me to 4chan and the problem with its userbase. The people that the OP video is refering to are people who wish to belong, but just failed hard for some reason, usually because they were different/had parent issues/whatever, but wish they were living differently. These people can be helped and should be seeking help of others, but I think that quite a huge amount of people would fit into category of ones that just cannot fill their hole with social connections, the autists, the assbergers and probably many others that may even with for a personal connection with others, but even if they could connect with someone it would not happen not because it's not possible, but because the mere connection with someone else is something unpleasant and something that just doesn't work for them as a person. It's their life contradiction. It's like having natural sex drive and wanting to stick your schlong as an instict, but finding people absolutely repulsive, that's quite analogous situation in my opinion and there really isn't much to help it.
>>
>>433253
I guess I'll be probably repeating myself, but yeah, it's an okay personal story, my beef was the part where he said "That's also why you should quit 4chan too", in which case it seems like an advice video of sort, thus I criticited it from that standpoint.

And I do really think that it's important about knowing the past and if someone wasn't posting at the time they're talking about, it's really impossible to convey how the site actually was. The board culture is extremely important on 4chan, so not having the full picture could really hinder one's judgement and render their opinion inferior as a result, that's at least how I assume plenty of people from /a/ view it.

I'm not even trying to say that you should be oldfag in order to post/browse/comment on site, that's actually the opposite of what I think. I don't care about where someone came from/when they started posting, it's more about them understanding how this site works and making posts with at least some standards, though that's obviously arbitrary. That's why you say newfag to someone who doesn't know the place, it's not about them being merely new, but about them not understanding how this site works and so if you lack this critical perspective from the past you might misunderstand completely why something works that way and how some things came to be, which makes your posts about meta/how should the site operate extremely low quality and downright ridiculous.
>>
Because if I stop browsing 4chan I might become a schmaltzy faggot who makes 20-minute videos about why people shouldn't browse a website.
>>
>>433298
That's actually not what he's saying but thanks for amusing us with how offended you clearly are.
>>
He says multiple times that "dere R better places on da interwebs than 4chan hurr durr money ad$en$e", but doesn't say where can I find these sites. He doesn't give out one single example of "better places on the Internet to discuss whatever you like".
I browse chans for two reasons, because I feel comfortable with anonymity and because they're 150x faster than usual forums. As many anons have said before, usernames = automatically circlejerk. Also, chans are the only place on the Internet where I can say "Fuck off, nigger" without dumblr or leddit or failbook doxing my ass.
Now I have a question for you, OP, if you don't feel like you want to browse this site anymore, why are you here, advertising this retarded?
>>
>>433312
You search for them yourself
You can't seriously believe that out of million sites on the internet 4chan is the best
>>
>>432013
Part of their problem is that the board owner is a tranny who happens to be a grammar nazi
>>
>>433229
Having more mods will defiantly help though. Mods are understaffed on here big time, as much as I hate them. We need more mods on bigger boards and more mods spread out who can stop shitposting on others
>>
File: dubs guy binoculars.jpg (24KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
dubs guy binoculars.jpg
24KB, 380x254px
>>433333
>33333
impressive
consider them checked
>>
>>433333
Dayum
>>
File: 1450631933038.png (330KB, 471x467px) Image search: [Google]
1450631933038.png
330KB, 471x467px
>>433304
>"I want to have an open and frank discussion about why I left and why you should probably do the same."
He literally says it at the beginning of the video, though.
>>
>>433209
We don't need more mods and janitors, we need less shitty ones.

>>433304
>all dat projection
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.