[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /his/ seems to largely be a good success. What kept it from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1453752420306.jpg (34KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1453752420306.jpg
34KB, 600x398px
So, /his/ seems to largely be a good success. What kept it from being overrun by /pol/ shitposting?
>>
>>430318

Dull redditors. I remember lurking for the first 3 days, I almost died of cringe. At least the Roman threads are gone from /pol/
>>
>>430318
Now it's overrun by people who tell people to go back to /pol/ when they disagree. It's just as bad as trying to talk about something and being called JIDF.
>>
>>430324
I wouldn't call it anywhere near as bad since at least /his/ posters aren't endlessly amused by pepe edits and constantly typing like borderline schizophrenics.
>>
>>430327

It's just another deadly blow for /lit/ goddamn gooks fucking compartmentalising everything.
>>
>>430318
/pol/ already exists. Why would we need to go to another board to shitpost about the juice and blacks when we already have /pol/? /his/ is for something entirely different and i enjoy it for what it is and i enjoy /pol/ for what /pol/ is, I see no reason to try mix the two and i'd say the same is true for most other people on /pol/. This is the entire reasoning behind a containment board, I don't see why so many people can't understand this.
>>
>>430367
>I see no reason to try mix the two
I don't think that's what OP was saying should happen. He was just asking a question why /pol/ hasn't been posting on the history boards, especially when they're are other boards supposedly full of crossboard posting that have even less to with politics than /his/ does.

Also there is no such thing as a containment board. There are only designated shitposting boards and boards that have shitposting.

You're posting on a containment website.
>>
>>430318
/his/ is a terrible failure by every important metric.
>>
>>430392
Yeah, and the reason that is not happening with /his/ is because /pol/ is where those posts go, not on /his/ and most /po/acks understand that. I really don't think crossboard posting with /pol/ is as big a problem as you are making it out to be.
>>
I haven't been there in a few weeks, but I remember that, in the beginning, the moderation was pretty darn strict. There were some obvious /pol/-posters making and posting in holocaust, medieval, and hero-worship threads, but they had to tread carefully.
>>
>>430403
>I really don't think crossboard posting with /pol/ is as big a problem as you are making it out to be.

I used to word supposedly for a reason.
>>
>>430406
So, if crossboard posting is not an issue with other boards so why would it be an issue with /his/?
>>
>>430410
You're missing the point. Why would it be less of an issue on /his/ as opposed to say, /v/ and /co/ where people constantly complain about it?
>>
>>430318
Nazi-tier moderation.
>>
>>430432
Heh
>>
I think /pol/ should be allowed on /his/ because going to /pol/ is a lot like taking a time machine back to the 1950's, and /his/ is all about discussing history.
>>
>>430324
It's not? It looks like you are the one triggered. The only somewhat rightwing things that get deleted are baits like

>We domesticated a fucking aurochs!

or

>Egyptianz wuz white Aryanz!
>>
>>430339
What?
>>
Because /his/ has actual moderation
>>
File: 1450163453042.png (92KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1450163453042.png
92KB, 171x278px
>>430318
>/his/
>good
>>
>>430704
Hi stormweenie
>>
>>430708
Jesus Christ I wish you fucks would stop using this word. I'm not a polack but can you at least call them 'stormfags' or even 'stormfriends' if the former is too offensive for you?
The current term makes you sound like a 6 year old.
>>
>>430318
You actually have to know a few things to post on /his/ unlike /pol/ where you get to yell about niggers and post your facebook infographics with a bunch of dead and misleading sources.
>>
>>430318
Early adoption by the leftist media
>>
>>430711
What's wrong stormweenie? Are you fucking offended? I don't give a fuck if you're offended I have the right to free speech, you have the right to fuck off you fucking weenie.
>>
>>430318
It's sole purpose was being free of /pol/ shitposting, and they are keeping the mantra, some may even say in a paranoic manner
>>
>>430395
Why is there some faggot who says this in every thread about a new board?
>>
>>430318
Over half the threads on /his/ aren't even about history. Everything is about religion or philosophy, which is effectively just ends up being politics under a different name. The board is just /pol/ 2.0.

I don't have any issues with splitting up one of the most active boards on the site, but pretending it's something it isn't is only going to cause issues in the long run.
>>
>>431704
Just the same guy really bitter about /his/.
>>
File: his.png (26KB, 1284x243px) Image search: [Google]
his.png
26KB, 1284x243px
>>431821
It's moot.
>>
>>431839
What a lazy idiot he was.
>but we might actually have to moderate the board!

Yes, that's right moot. Boards need moderation in order to be good.
>>
>>430688

There is a new, lazily enforced board rule on /lit/, that philosophy may only be discussed in relation to literature or the act of reading.

Posts about philosophy in general must now be posted here on /his/, instead of /lit/ (even the /lit/ lends itself to philosophy much more). Hiroshima made the mistake of conflating the study of history, with the rest of the humanities and containing it all on this board.
>>
>>431846

kek, I thought I was on /his/

Polite sage
>>
>>431843
Not a lot of people are willing to do it for free, you know.

Time spent babysitting a second /pol/ would be better spent getting boards like /v/ under control.
>>
>>431839
Also, what about /lgbt/? That board probably requires constant moderation, but moot didn't mind that at all.
>>
>>431853
>/lgbt/
>getting moderation
>>
>>430318
It's good but not because /pol/ is banned. In fact, walking on egg shells so people don't accuse you of coming from /pol/ is the worst thing about the board.
>>
>>430318
Being blue really. /pol/ being red puts it in the same league as /b/ and /r9k/ non-standards. One of moot's dumbest moves ever imo was not the act of bringing back /pol/ but making it a red board instead of bumping it to blue. If /his/ was red that would encourage revisionists and shills to force their shit because they think they have free reign to be as incorrect and edgybas possible because nsfw status. Just being called not work safe to begin with very, very much attracts the real edgelords out there, be them teen or adult.

If /pol/ was made a blue board (sfw) and forced to actually stay on topic, it would be a very different place because just outright saying it is nsfw encourages fringe and off topic shit to come out of the woodwork, as they are emboldened thinking they can get away with shit there they normally can't say without getting laughed out of the room or their teeth punched in. This is a privilege to be able to speak so frankly there, but when the entire fucking board revels in its edginess and shouts down attempts at civility and rationality, it just results in an entire userbase of very irritating+irritated people.
>>
>>430741
I remember when /qa/ was friendly
>>
u wut?
its full of edgy 12 yearold americans
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.