[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Likes/Dislikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Like.png (105KB, 2000x1713px) Image search: [Google]
Like.png
105KB, 2000x1713px
When is 4chan going to adopt a like/dislike system?

>It would be more convenient & wouldn't (shouldn't) add to the bump limit
>>
>>429420
Didn't they do that for april fools day one year? I might be getting my april fool jokes mixed up.
>>
>>429432
No, but I know what you're thinking of. There was a post to Facebook button and it actually worked. It was hilarious because people tried it as a joke thinking it wouldn't do anything and then they ended up letting all their friends know what they posted on 4chan. Probably one of Moot's greatest trolls.
>>
>>429432

idk, they should bring it back though makes more sense, many reply posts aren't even images, they are just saying kek n shit like
>>
>>429420

I really cant tell if you people are still using the Reddit thing to troll people or if actual Reddit users are here giving shitty suggestions.

Scary thing is that Hiro and mods apparently cant tell either.
>>
>>429435
likes encourage attention whoring, no.
>>
>>429461

nah im genuinely serious, why is it a bad idea? if u can prove to me its a bad idea I'll agree
>>
>>429473
on reddit and other sites with like/dislike the most popular posts are the ones that people can passively agree with, which encourages people saying bland repetitive soulless safe things

On 4chan, the most popular posts are the ones that make people want to say something back because they are so excited - happy or angry. This leads to provocative content.
>>
>>429499
this
>>
>>429463
And (you)s don't?
>>
>>429499

okay make sense, cheers
>>
>>429499
That must mean goback2plebbit is the most provocative post as of late to warrant bans.

But why would the latest lurkmoar or GTFO be found so provocative? By whom?
>>
t. Redditor
>>429432
It was a part of the original April fools /s4s/
>>
Considering how mods have been sucking reddit cock lately I wouldn't put it past them.
>>
>>429434
When did this happen and on what boards? Because I don't remember it.
>>
>>429520
>But why would the latest lurkmoar or GTFO
If you seriously think that lurk moar was intended to be "provocative," or that "go back to Reddit" serves the same function, you're extraordinarily fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1435185866182.jpg (29KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1435185866182.jpg
29KB, 444x444px
>>429420
No hurries anon, now that they've implemented shadowbans It's just a matter of time.
>>
>>429567
Proof?
>>
>>429558
I've never once read a touring Redditor say he will comply when told to go back to his home board.

I've read posts by touring Redditors on several occasions bragging that they will stay here and keep posting when provoked to reveal themselves after being told to go back to their home board. Staying here implies a percentage of their time will be spent lurking, hopefully assimilating.

So yes, gb2plebbit induces some Redditors into lurking more.

Frankly, your post is shitposting, boiled down into 'no u,' mod. I can tell you are a mod or at least have non-user privileges since you bypassed your own filter from rejecting the phrase gb2plebbit as spam. Are you going to ban yourself for contributing nothing and attempting to 'self-moderate' discussion as anon? Something tells me you won't hold yourself to the same filter rationalizations you previously gave.
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (8KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
8KB, 195x258px
>>429434
That's amazing. Bring it back every year I say.
>>
File: walruse8.png (649KB, 638x560px) Image search: [Google]
walruse8.png
649KB, 638x560px
>>429420
sage is downvote
bump is upvote
>>
>>429575

He's talking shit. What was said was that Rapeape, one of the mods/admins, said he wanted to get shadowbans on here, but because of the way 4chan is coded or something it wouldn't actually work like it does on other places. But they at one point were looking into it. It was in the IRC leaks.
>>
>>429420
そうですねx8
>>
>>429594
>stay here and keep posting
>Staying here implies a percentage of their time will be spent lurking
Posting is not lurking. It is, in fact, the opposite of lurking. If someone is "bragging" that they will keep posting it means they are happy to antagonize the board and are unlikely to want to assimilate.

>Are you going to ban yourself for contributing nothing and attempting to 'self-moderate' discussion as anon?
People don't generally get banned for expressing opinions on moderation or self-moderation in /qa/, or else very little of the board would be left.

Incidentally, I had no more input on 4chan's "Reddit policy change" than you did, and don't intentionally evade filters.
>>
>>429637
>>429641
>no input despite proven ability to post the full version of gb2plebbit
Is that an appeal to look upon you more favorably as a low-level jani who is not as culpable about provocative administrative measures implemented by your betters? I would have thought you hotpockets would have more solidarity with your bosses, and not washing your hands as soon as you are challenged. If you wanted a reprieve, why did you even wade into shitposting in this thread when you were unprepared to defend your side's policy?

A welp, least we know now what sort of character it takes to be a jani.

Also don't be obtuse pls, you're wasting time. Posting to shitpost implies a certain amount of lurking to read posts and get a feel for what values a community holds dear or rejects, in order to tailor the post for effect; hence shit-post. I'm happy I've made a few Redditors try harder to come up with their own provocations with a simple phrase.
>>
>>429650
Janitors are not permitted to talk to users, so it keeping it up would be more likely to get him fired than anything else.

Though on that count he should already be fucked.
>>
>>429678
Are you making up new rules on the spot? Even if that were categorically true, all the jani has to do is post as anon w/ or w/o the additional safeguard of using a proxy/second device. What mod would even have the inclination to enforce such a fable of a rule. Besides, I've been bantering with my board's jani for years now. Eh, I'll just take it as the jani's way of bowing out from this convo and let it pass.
>>
>>429688
The janitor application threatens them with "immediate termination" if they don't stay anonymous, though it is hard to imagine 4chan would go out of their way to enforce it.

Though back in the /q/ days there was a janitor who was fired after he was discovered to be the boards most high-profile shitposter, so you never know.
>>
>>429691
lel details? which board and which jani? it's kinda given that superusers partially responsible for driving a board's content are also shitposters, anyone long enough in a single board will know.
>>
>>429691
MQr?
Fuck I miss my /q/ ID and the shitposting so much.
>>
ylilauta has it, uptaas
>>
>>429420
The final nail in the coffin for this site.
>>
>>429435
No the whole flavor of this place is that people will post something you'll have to deal with it.
>>
>>429636
Isn't that what they have on Nijiura? It doesn't effect any post visibility, though.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.