[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with all the accusations about mods being pro-reddit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: ribbit.jpg (57KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
ribbit.jpg
57KB, 500x295px
What's up with all the accusations about mods being pro-reddit? I haven't seen them deleting anti-reddit posts,
>>426039 is still up.

I have only seem them banning shitty, unfunny meme phrases like gb2rdt.
>>
the 'shitty unfunny meme phrase' is exactly why people think they're pro reddit. If they ban people using reddit as an insult, the assumption is it's because they're reddit users and being called out for it.
>>
>>427246

Maybe they are just tired of what is a mix of shitposting, smugness and user-made censorship?
>>
>>427241
The phrase is being has been spammed to death so badly now even mods are pissed off by it. Telling someone to go back to that place is basically an easy sure way of derailing a thread and shitposting it up.

The real problem are the idiots who think /pol/ needs to be deleted.
>>
>>427249
Yes, it's like when they banned people who used "faggot" as an insult back in 2005. 4chan is much safer now that that problematic word is no longer used.
>>
>>427252

Calling someone a faggot is neither smug nor censoring,
>>
>>427254
It's smug because it implies that they are better than homosexuals. It's censoring because it prevents people who get easily triggered from posting on 4chan.
>>
>>427255
>faggot means homosexual
That's an archaic meaning of the word.
>>
>>427267
Please don't appropriate my people's name.
>>
>>427255
>It's smug because it implies that they are better than homosexuals.

But they are
>>
File: 1436524185446.png (103KB, 787x280px) Image search: [Google]
1436524185446.png
103KB, 787x280px
4chan died 2016
reddit took over internet
they doing it for free still and have no gf
>>
>>427300
Once again, why do you think mods are pro-reddit? They aren't deleting Reddit hate. They are deleting cancer. Go on, say that you hate reddit, they won't ban you. They will only when you start acting like a faggot.
>>
>>427326
This (and this >>427241) aren't true though. You managed to find a single shitty thread on a hidden meta-board as 'proof' that mods are only banning the low effort catch phrases, while I have seen literally hundreds of more elaborate or parenthetical denunciations of reddit get deleted on /tv/. Go on 4plebs and sort by 'deleted only' or search the phrase 'user was for this post' and you will see.
They WILL ban you if write polemics against reddit if they see it, at least on /tv/.

I don't personally care much since it's an easy rule to follow, but you have to be thick not to understand why some interpret it as "pro reddit" when many similar injunctions are all fine:
>oh look more tumblr shit
>back to /pol/, /co/, /v/, /sp/, /r9k/, etc.
>fuck off 9gag
>this is facebook tier
>>
>>427241
It's not supposed to be "funny" the phrase is used to get faggots out of 4chan who do not belong here.
>>
>>427246
But using it as an insult is cancerous, especially if its the only one you use. If people make a post that aligns with reddit culture, then by all means call them out. But if someone has a different opinion to you, spamming "reddit" at them does nothing to support your side or add anything to the conversation. It just fills up space in a place where theres no room for it, like cancer
>>
Hello Gaia
>>
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REDDIT
>>
File: 1453780549637.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453780549637.png
8KB, 473x500px
>>427471
>teehee I hope you silly mods dont ban me
>>
>>427255
Please go back to your containment board called /lgbt/
>>
>>427370
That's because you can point a reddit at anything, whereas people reserve tumblr and /pol/ for very specific classes of post.

Likes memes? Reddit. Hates memes? Reddit. Likes popular shows? Reddit. Hates popular shows? Reddit. Think 4chan is for shitposting? Reddit. Think 4chan is for serious discussion and needs more moderation? Reddit. Left-wing? Back to SRS (do people even mention SRS these days anymore?) Right-wing? Ex-redditor faggot who latched onto 4chan after his favorite subreddits got banned. Wrote a post that reminded someone of this one post he saw on Reddit one time? Reddit. Think there's nothing wrong with newfags? Reddit. Care about 4chan seniority? Looks like you want your post history tracked, like at Reddit. Called your favorite board shit? Maybe you'd be happier at Reddit.

You can point it at anything you fucking want. It means fucking nothing except that somebody has decided to use a cheap-n-easy shitpost to make someone else angry.
>>
Of course the staff is too lazy to just block people that have visited Reddit in the past 24 hours from posting.
You're delusional if you think cross-site cancer doesn't exist.
>>
>>427526
You can point it at anything you want, but you'd be wrong. In your examples, the first thing you list in the pairs is correctly identified in every instance.
>>
>>427526
>I have an encyclopedic knowledge of reddit
>but I've never been to it
eff off plebbit boy
>>
>>427545
Why would you even come to 4chan if you hate memes and want Nazi moderation? We all know that the mods are incapable of suppressing "shitposting" without also sweeping up half the people they personally don't like.
>>
File: 1442533887175.jpg (401KB, 815x611px) Image search: [Google]
1442533887175.jpg
401KB, 815x611px
And they also haven't deleted Reddit posts. >>421331 is still up.
>b-but being from reddit is not against da rulz, shitposter!!!!!!11
But causing flamewars outside /b/ is, and that's what redditors do better (and steal content, of course).
>>
>>427564
>But causing flamewars outside /b/ is
If they actually enforced this rule (and various others) strictly in /qa/ they'd have to roll up and burn the whole board.
>>
>>427567
It wasn't always this way. /qa/ turned into a /q/ 2.0 after Hiro's Q&A. I'm not blaming him, but, you know, he could have been more discreet instead of putting a big red announcement linking to /qa/ in every board (even /b/).
>>
>>427376
Nobody has ever left 4chan because they were told to by some teenage anon, I assure you.
>>
>>427553
The notion that 4chan as a whole is for 'memes and shitposting' the is invention of places like /r/4chan. /b/ is for memes and shitposting
>>
>>427580
Memes (and themed shitposting) are an inseparable part of a lot of boards, just less so than in the designated shitposting boards.
>>
File: 137157873818.png (6KB, 227x191px) Image search: [Google]
137157873818.png
6KB, 227x191px
>>>/pol/62318372
>Make bait thread for redditards
>Tons of redditards respond and feel the need to defend themselves while insulting everyone.
4chan is basically germany, reddit are muslims and the mods are the globalist jews that import those hordes of uwanted users, while not giving a damn about the opinions of their own userbase/country.
>>
>>427592
No, /pol/, you are the muslims.
>>
>>427592
>A payment of 0.12USD has been made to your PayPal account from David Duke
>>
>>427255
>that they are better than homosexuals
the word carries very little reference on 4chan to homosexuality actually

your're stretching desu
>>
>>427370
>They WILL ban you if write polemics against reddit if they see it, at least on /tv/.
off-topic? low quality post?
>>
>>427300
4chan died in 2012 to be honest m8
>>
>>427252
Dude you're a huge faggot.
>>
>>427246

It isnt just that.
It's that they ban "gb2rdt" but they wont ban any other similar phrase that has been around just as long.
Reddit is receiving special treatment.
>>
>>427784
Congratulations, you're the winners of the cancer bowl.
>>
>>427254
Neither is reddit
If you aren't a redditor then you'll know that the person calling you one is just being a faggot. It doesn't censor you or stop you from having a conversation with one of the dozens of people who saw your comment and didn't call you a redditor
If you are a redditor and you post like one and people call you out on it then the problem is with you, not the person trying to call you a faggot
>>
>>427326
I have literally been banned for posting
>I dislike the website called reddit
In the original thread
>>
>>427803
>If you aren't a redditor then you'll know that the person calling you one is just being a faggot.
Except if unchallenged, new and impressionable fuckwits will eventually get the impression that whatever you did is "Reddit behavior" and proceed to spend their rest of their miserable posting careers fighting this supposed Reddit behavior.
>>
>>427805
That's the burden of nobody else but the lurkers
>>
>>427816
It creates an entire self-sustaining ecosystem of retards who believe their own bullshit, and do their best to run arbitrary disliked behavior off the board as "being Reddit".

Retarded posters are not islands.
>>
>>427820
Honestly good, an intensified and high brow sensibility of trying to separate the culture of the board away from low brow reddit bullshit is better than accepting the stupidity and vapid nature of reddit unquestionably
>>
>>427832
>separate the culture of the board away from low brow reddit bullshit
If you don't make a criteria other than "SMELLS LIKE REDDIT" then all you're doing is shitposting in the general direction of behavior you don't like in the hopes that it goes away.

And 4chan has no high-brow sensibilities, even if it once did before a horde of unwashed retards showed up and replaced the standard 4chan insults with meaningless tribal garbage.
>>
>>427241
I haven't seen anything particularly special about the accusations of the moderators being pro-reddit that requires any other explanation besides the general "It's a trend right now" one.
>>
File: 1401968501797.jpg (55KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1401968501797.jpg
55KB, 400x300px
inb4 someone submits this thread to /r/4chan
>>
>>427241
For many people on 4chan, any post or action they don't like is Reddit. It's a bit sad, really.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.