[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need a new board to deal with the gap between /vr/ and /v/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

We need a new board to deal with the gap between /vr/ and /v/.

>/vr/ pre-2000 retro games
1999 and before... 1st-5th generation consoles and games.
>/v2k/ post-2000 retro games
6th and 7th generation games...
>/v/ modern games, speculation and shitposting
Abundantly clear.

That way /v/ stays as /v/, /vr/ stays as /vr/ and the "retro gap" is dealt with.
>>
>>425341
You can make a thread on /v/. If no one is paying attention to your threads no one is going to use the board.
>>
>>425341
I don't go on /vr/ much but I would more if the 'retro' line were moved up to 2005-2008 or so.

insert john oliver meme.jpg here
>>
>>425368
Nah, just make a new board. We don't need to change /vr/. If we moved it to 2005, some would ask for 2008, then 2010, 2012... it'll never stop.

/v2k/ addresses the gap... literally everyone is happy.
>>
Bump.

Address the vidya gap.
>>
Just delete /v/.
It's the best option for everyone.
>>
>>425341
>We need
Stopped there, lol. I can't find my wacky trashman magician image but pretend it's on the left rright here on thi ssspoest
>>
>>426635
Yeah divide it into /pcv/ (pc gaming), /cv/ (console gaming) /psv/ (pointless speculation), /hypv/ (hyping a game before it comes out then shitting on it after it comes out) and /shv/ for /v/ shitposting.
>>
>>425379
So why not just say games must be at least 10 years old?
>>
>>426650
Who's to say it's not 5 years old?

Why have /vr/ at all? Just discuss all games in /v/?

We have a fucking origami board. We can have one more vidya board.
>>
>>426650
There would still be a gap... that's a non-solution.
>>
It needs to be addressed. /vr/ has a toxic stance on the 6th gen, and will tell you to go to /v/ if you want to talk about something like Silent Hill 2.

/v/ is one of the biggest shit holes on this site. The difference between discussions on /vr/ and the ones on /v/ are night and day. /v/ is too fast for good discussion with threads hitting the archive in minutes, whereas /vr/ has threads that stay up for a month or better.

There's a thread with a picture of a PS2 in the OP, and it's been up for days now and is at over 400 replies. A lot of those replies are from a single person who was spamming the thread with stuff that should've gotten him banned for breaking global rule 3, but nothing happened.

Instead of the board giving any leeway for any discussion on 6th gen, the threads turn into non game related discussions. It all just ends up being debates on 6th gen.

I've chosen not to post in any of these threads aside from a couple, and kept my posts relevant to the discussion the OP was trying to start. Nobody replies to them, they all just reply to each other talking about the sticky and the rules.
>>
>>425341
Stop being a bitch. You're lucky to have your loser board to begin with.
>>
>>426791
But anon, there are no mods on /vr/ what's the point of those threads?
>>
File: toxic.png (155KB, 1540x660px) Image search: [Google]
toxic.png
155KB, 1540x660px
>>426796

well, if i made a silent hill 2 thread on there, i would hope it would start rolling into some sort of discussion where I could learn new things and learn about more technical components of the game. At this point, I assume they're being made to prove some kind of shitty point, which is the wrong way of handling shit.

on one hand you have somebody making a thread with a picture of a ps2 asking for good ps2 and ps1 games.

then you have people on there like pic related, who have been making threads such as "LOL WHATS UR FAVE RETRO POKEMON GAME THIS IS MINE :^)" with a picture of a 3ds game. Caps and all.

And there are mods, or at least janitors, watching /vr/. I've seen some posts get deleted, that weren't posts that the user would've deleted themselves. And they were within the same thread that pic related is in.
>>
File: 1449590244973.gif (348KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
1449590244973.gif
348KB, 240x155px
It's funny to watch you keep getting banned and your threads deleted over 'MUH 6TH GEN!!!!!'

Cry more you literal bitch nigga.
>>
>>426826

I haven't been banned and I haven't made any threads. I came to this board to post within this thread because I don't want to perpetuate the garbage that people like you are posting.

If you think there's only one person who's making all these boogeyman 6th gen posts, then you're completely delusional. Judging by your response, I'd even go so far as saying that you're the poster responsible for that big spam chain.
>>
>>426826
>>426835

On that note, what do you expect to accomplish by antagonizing this thread? OP is asking about the possibility of a v2k board, and you still found a way to come shitpost about it?

Go back to /vr/ and shit up another thread there. I'm sure they already miss you.
>>
I'm glad /vr/ is more like /a/ in their self-moderation.

Fuck off, /v/ermin. No 6th gen, ever, and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>426835
>>426837
Cry more faggot, your tears are delish.

FAGGOT!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1449435571402.jpg (191KB, 970x617px) Image search: [Google]
1449435571402.jpg
191KB, 970x617px
>>426869

>mom get the camera, im making someone mad on 4chan!
>>
File: 1425894474866.jpg (47KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425894474866.jpg
47KB, 500x400px
>>426791
>/vr/ has a toxic stance on the 6th gen
>toxic
Sorry you are offended by that, but it has to be done to enforce the rules, with or without moderators.
> A lot of those replies are from a single person who was spamming the thread with stuff that should've gotten him banned for breaking global rule 3, but nothing happened.
No shit? That thread should have been deleted a week ago so it shouldn't be surprising that the person isn't dealt with.
>Instead of the board giving any leeway for any discussion on 6th gen
It violates our boards rules. We don't want more traffic from people who don't care about its content. While I do like 6th generation as well allowing 6th generation will invite people who only ever cared about it rather than branching out and trying new games. Other accuse us for keeping the board as our child nostalgia zone, but a lot of people that want 6th generation pretty much want the same thing.

>It all just ends up being debates on 6th gen.
Because such threads are purposefully inflammatory. They aren't about the console or the game, it is more of:
>I am going to post this and you can't do a thing to stop me, even if it goes against all the rules!

>>426838
We know what we've got and hell if we are going to lose it without a fight.
>>
>>425341
You cannot just wait until PS2 become retro material?
>>
>>426838
>I'm glad /vr/ is more like /a/ in their self-moderation.
/a/ is one of the biggest, most delusional cesspools on 4chan what are you talking about?
>>
>>427076

That's fine. They want a different board.

I'm glad you took the time to respond to my post, but it would be nice if you had thread the entire topic of discussion.

Instead of having the option of possibly having an inbetween board, which seems to be a concept you and others are ignoring, you think everyone just wants to change the rules of the retro safezone. Which is not entirely true.

/v2k/ doesn't affect /vr/'s existence in anyway whatsoever. Stop getting so defensive.
>>
>>427076
What does this have to do with the creation of /v2k/? You just agreed with OP that the board needs to be created.

Also
>muh rules

Just because a rule exists doesn't mean it's good. If a rule does not reflect the desires of the community at large the rule should be changed.

>>426838
>/a/
Literally, literally the worst board on the site. Nobody should try to be like /a/. That whole shithole needs to be nuked.

Their "self-moderation" is just shitposting.
>>
I really don't understand that 6th gen fags who demand that /vr/ should allow 6th gen system and oppose the idea of creating a new board for this exact purpose at the same time. Why do you oppose the idea if having a new fucking board to talk about the very thing you want to talk about? Hell, I have been playing some early PS2 games lately and would love to talk about them but there doesn't seem to be a good place for that as they are too modern for /vr/ and too old for /v/ to give a fuck about. Given the purposes of the boards this is understandable but leaves 6th gen games in a position there really isn't a good place to talk about them.

Having 3 video game board for different "eras" of video games really seems to be a perfect and possibly future-proof solution to everyone. However unlike OP I'd like to see the boards be dicided like this with the content of /vg/ integrated to them:

>/vr/ - Retro Games
For 1st to 4th gen games
>vmc/ - Modern Classics (probably needs a better name, this is only here to give the idea of what it's content is)
For 5th, 6th and possibly 7th gen games

>/v/ - Video games
For general shitposting, meme of the month and if there is some room for it on page 6 discussion about current gen games
>>
>>425341
Oh and once 9th gen starts then 8th gen. is fair game on /v2k/.
>>
>>427347
That would still change /vr/, why take away 5th gen? When /v2k/ has 6, 7 and eventually 8th gen.
>>
>>427389

This, you wouldn't need to alter anything about /vr/. Leave Dreamcast on /vr/ too.
>>
>>427424
I think DC can be a switch.
>>
>>427389
I'm fine with /vr/ being the way it is but I'd still like to see this change because at least in my eyes there is a notable gap between 4th and 5th gen that make them be of different "eras" and design philosophy:

The 1st to 4th gen games mostly being 2D and games starting from 5th gen mostly being 3D should be obvious but there is more to this:
3rd & 4th and 5th & 6th gens kinda seems to function as pairs in a way that the former set the rules for 2D/3D games but usually the developers weren't able to fully realize their visions due to the technical limitations while the former allowed them to perfect them creating some of the best games from their respective eras.
Now if you think about the gap and differences between 4th and 5th gen and compare it to the one between 5th and 6th gen there definitely is a bigger difference in many ways with the former while the only practical thing that changed with the latter is the interest in online play becoming a thing.

Also I think adding 5th gen to the new board would be good in getting initial traffic and interest for the new board and at least from what I have seen "grandpas" like myself who still talk 3rd and 4th gen games prefer slower, more on-topic discussion about them which would make /vr/ perfect for people who still want to mostly talk about them.

>>427438
Dreamcast definitely should goto this new board regardless of whether it's content starts from 5th or 6th gen.
>>
We really don't need a third board for video games. Get over it
>>
6th gen will surely kill /vr/. /v/ is already leaking there as it is. halo, melee and wow will kill the board in one shot.
>>
>>427489
We have like 20 so far, you aren't paying attention.
>>
File: 4L_uJLBsi1N.jpg (141KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
4L_uJLBsi1N.jpg
141KB, 1310x873px
>>425341
You don't need to create a whole new board for every arbitrarily defined "era" of games. This kills the /vr/. We should just pull our collective heads out of our collective sweaty buttholes and adopt a realistic definition of "retro".

Things become retro as time passes you insufferable spergs. Stop trying to destroy /vr/ for fuck's sake.
>>
>>425368
>retro line moved up to 2005-2008
Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1412021380598.png (258KB, 1215x507px) Image search: [Google]
1412021380598.png
258KB, 1215x507px
>>427594
It's funny how we need 20 video game boards because the main video game board is so shitty and off-topic.
>>
>>427709
The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>427709
We have an oekaki board, an origami board and an adult cartoons board... we can afford one more vidya board to handle the vidya gap.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.