[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Current state of /v/ and banned for *LITERALLY* no reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (39KB, 774x281px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 774x281px
I don't usually come here to throw a hissy fit that I was banned, as long as it's reasonable. Even if it's complete bullshit, I'm okay with it

But this, this is going too far. Some pissed off mod got so butthurt about the NX *possibly* being 900p, that he banned me and presumably everyone else in the thread for no reason, other than someone is speaking bad about his lord and savior Nintendo
Here is the thread (my posts are specifically the one with the smug wojak and smug wojak with a mask)
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/324993776/#324993776
None of my posts are deleted, no warn, no anything, just a 2 day (which iirc it's supposed to be 1) ban because someone is pissed off

I there any way to email Hiro about this? I don't know if he'll read this or if he even cares, but /v/ is already enough of a shithole without mods deleting slightly better than average threads.
On /a/ you get banned for a rccommendation thread, on /v/ you get banned for anything that isn't a recommendation thread
>>
A T T E N T I O N :

I am unable to shitpost my awful opinions and image macros for two full and entire days. This is an outrage worse than actual human slavery. I have written a letter to my Congressman and you will ALSO be hearing from my VERY Jewish attorney.
>>
As usual, an OP complaining about getting banned is a dumbass.
>>
OP got banned for posting a news article about hardware specs. How is this ban even remotely justified?
>>
>>423911
Not OP, if I was OP, at least I would have had a quote and "posting as Anonymous" not blank spaces

>>423909
Well for a site founded on anonymity and being able to share your honest thoughts (with bounds of reason of course XDDD BENIS isn't in any way anything other than shitposting), you sure do get banned a lot for a person with slight power disagrees with you

I am 100% sure that there's some master plan for /v/ to turn into reddit. Not long from now you'll be 100% able and accepted (with 500+ post threads) about marketing your stuff, whether it'd be game, channel or whatnot.
>>
>>423913
I misread. He was banned for making banter out of the weirdly low resolution limit, which is a legit complaint for a new computer. This is just an anal mod who didnt want anon in on the conversation.
>>
>>423914
>a site founded on anonymity
This is a site founded on posting erotic images of anime and manga characters.
>>
>On /a/ you get banned for a rccommendation thread

Well no shit champ it's against the global rules to have them anywhere but /r/ or /wsr/.
>>
You should feel grateful the mod even blessed you with his presence you humungous faggot.

Thank you based swaglord.
>>
I want swaglord to be my best man when I marry Asuka!
>>
>>423927
>>423926
Isn't that a shitposter from /s4s/ though, what's he doing on other boards
>>
>>423914
You're the OP of this thread. You made a thread because you were banned for making worthless posts.
>>
>>423931
>You're the OP of this thread
How do you know? And again, quote link.
>>
>wojak with a mask
>Fuck Nintendo, they are incompetent. They can't do anything right. The 3DS is a failure on paper
You earned it.
>>
>>423940
YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING BAD (about Nintendo)
>>
>>423943
You can't say anything bad about anything unless you're actually going to go in-depth with your opinion. "Fuck Nintendo, they are incompetent." is a blatant shitpost. "3DS is a failure on paper" is a meaningless opinion/fanboyism without proper, unbiased reasoning that supports your opinion.
>>
>>423930
swaglord is a mod who likes fun. He lets "shitposting" slide and is a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>423953
he's also quiet hansome
>>
>>423957
I'd suck his dick.

no homo.
>>
>>423908

It's a glitch. Many people getting autobanned for nothing.
>>
>>423908
>(my posts are specifically the one with the smug wojak and smug wojak with a mask)
You should have been banned longer than two days.
>>
Two things could have happened:

1. You were banned for something else other than what you linked and all of your posts were deleted

2. You were incorrectly banned for the post you linked.

Without your IP, we can't tell which, so your post here is potentially misleading.
>>
File: Capture.png (111KB, 744x308px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111KB, 744x308px
Also:

>None of my posts are deleted, no warn, no anything,

The post you linked was clearly deleted.
>>
>>424040
Not OP, but this happened to me the other day and I looked back at my post after the ban had passed and all my posts were still there. Only places I'd been posting were here, and /wsr/ where I was being very civil and helpful, so I really don't see how this can be anything other than a strange glitch/accident.
>>
>>424049
Actually, just looked through the bans for the post number in the archive OP linked and there are none.

OP, you were banned for something else other than the post you linked.
>>
>>423943
You can't say anything bad like that about any company. Inciting flame wars are against the rules.
>>
Have you tried not shitposting?
I find it works wonders for not getting banned
>>
>>424095
>>423943
>>423913

He wasn't banned for the thread he linked. See:

>>424060
>>
>>424060
Even without being a mod that seemed clear to me from the fact that his ban was not connected to a post. The real question is what is up with the unusual number of these unlinked bans lately, since it's clear they only serve to confuse people about why they were actually banned.
>>
>>424101
And I forgot to point out, OP worded it poorly but he didn't claim to be the creator of the thread. He said he was the one that posted 324994765.
>>
>>424101
I know. I was just pointing out that there's no company bias within the mod team.
>>
>>424101
Op probably knew that and wanted to stir some shit. Thank you for blowing him the fuck out, based mod.
>>
>>424102
>>424103
>>424106

The only banned post I can find with wojack pics in that thread was: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/324993776/#324995707

And it wasn't for the "quality of posts" reason, so OP is confused or dishonest.
>>
>>424060
>>424101
>>424115
Thank you, mod. Maybe this will deter people from purposely trying to cause fight on here. Although, linking to the specific post you were banned for couldn't hurt.
>>
I'm guessing it has something to do with this thread:

>>419539
>>
>>424132
I'd guess so too.
>>
>>424139
I'm honestly shocked a mod came on here to discuss the matter. I always assumed you guys hated us.
>>
Also have people been publicly banned on /v/ yet for spamming that place with Reddit?
>>
Well, if you guys want a thread to circlejerk over your hatred of Nintendo, here's your chance:
>>>/v/325311774
>>
>>424115
>The only banned post I can find with wojack pics in that thread was: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/324993776/#324995707
>
>And it wasn't for the "quality of posts" reason, so OP is confused or dishonest.
OP here, I didn't post any of the deleted ones
Specifically >>/v/324995985, >>/v/324994765
On some other board, it would be perfectly okay to get a ban for this, but not on /v/. /v/'s standards are too low.
>>
>>424139
do you remember le d:-() face? only oldfigs remebr
>>
>>424251
Could you really blame them if they did hate most of us?
>>
>>424060
You could have cleared this up earlier by giving a reason in the ban message you know, instead of leaving everybody guessing.
>>
>>424097
Yeah, the quality of a post isn't subjective at all.
>>
File: 4chan37.jpg (42KB, 1146x189px) Image search: [Google]
4chan37.jpg
42KB, 1146x189px
>>423908
the mods these days will ban you if they get triggered by your post. all threads mentioning the word "rape" on /tg/ get you instantly banned for example.
>>
>>424040
>>424043
>>424060
>>424101
>>424115
>>424139
What are you planning to do about the malware ads on the front page?
>>
>>425461
I, personally, don't think women should even be allowed to play video games.
>>
>>425461
Hiro did that, not the mods. There was a pretty big thread of us telling him how to change it, and it stayed.

>>424139
Thanks Mod-kun. You guys get a lot of shit, and while problems are not always handled in the best way, you're all doing your best.
>>
File: 1434162639194.gif (617KB, 211x199px) Image search: [Google]
1434162639194.gif
617KB, 211x199px
>>424460
Rapefags are worse than furries. It'd be fine if you didn't shove your shit deviant fetish into everything then cry "TUMBLR SJW" when someone calls out your degeneracy.
>>
>>423908
>doesn't even show proof of what exactly he was banned for

Thread is beyond pointless.
>>
File: 1448062920034.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448062920034.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>424001
Especially because he didn't post THIS Smug Wojak.
>>
>>424139
Why are so many mods defending reddit
>>
>>423908
>People who hate Nintendo
>PC Master Race
>People who are otherwise obsessed with graphics
>People who talk about e-celebs
>People who are really invested in graphics
>People who care too much about the industry side of things

Those groups account for like, 80% of shitposting on /v/. There absolutely should be a higher bar for posts that hit on one of those areas.

The mods made the right call, and if I had my way, all those people would be banned on sight.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.