[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WebM with Sound for All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: mute-157171_640[2].png (48KB, 558x640px) Image search: [Google]
mute-157171_640[2].png
48KB, 558x640px
It is 2016,
moot is long gone,
>for the good, or the best
Its already time for WebM with sound support in all the fucking boards.

This is the Free Sound WebM Manifesto:
Give us the fucking allow us to fucking post WebM with sound channel.

Thank you

>http://blog.4chan.org/post/81896300203/webm-support-on-4chan
>>
>>423447
I don't know, I think high-traffic boards like /v/ should at least be debated in terms of carrying all the extra MB.

I do like the idea of Webm with sound outside of gif/ and/wsg/.
>>
While we're at it why not also add VP9 support?
>>
>>423461
just keep the same size limit.
>>
I'd love to see this implemented
>>
What if I told you that the most popular message board in Finland has the ability to upload not only videos with audio, but MP3s as well?
>>
>>423447
>WebM with Sound for All
hahahahhahaha
ahahahhahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

while theyre at it lets make the filesize 8mb on every board!
>>
File: 1435499974239.png (84KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1435499974239.png
84KB, 466x492px
>>423560
>>
>>423560
Sound webms wouldn't necessarily need to have larger filesizes. They would just have a shorter duration to accommodate the addition of the audio channel.
>>
>>423461
Webms have a maximum filesize. Files with sound would not be able to exceed that filesize.
>>
>>423461
this isn't 2004 a fucking website should be able to handle that shit
>>
>>423447
screamers will be posted and people will complain
>>
>>423649
So ban people that post screamers
>>
>>423652
>disregarding fact for your desire
>>
File: sound.png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
sound.png
12KB, 256x256px
>>423649
I agree so I would like to request a feature. In fact, I want this feature on the boards that already have sound enabled.

Thumbnails for webms with sound should have the Sound Icon watermarked onto the thumbnail. Watermarking is easy and cheap, especially considering 4chan already thumbnails images. It's probably using something like ImageMagick to just automatically resize every image, and thumbnailing is cheap computationally.
>>
>>423649
Just make them mute by default.
This isn't an issue at all.
>>
>>423654
If we're going to disallow sound webms because someone might post screamers, we might as well ban images because someone might post cp

>>423655
This, and I know it's possible because Danbooru does it
>>
File: 1438877314274.png (687KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438877314274.png
687KB, 640x480px
V P 9
P
>>
>>423654
Why do you think /wsg/'s webms are auto-muted? Screamers come and go and it's easy to report unnecessary off topic replymagnets.
>>
File: S2E19.webm (2MB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
S2E19.webm
2MB, 460x320px
>>423658
>If we're going to disallow sound webms because someone might post screamers, we might as well ban images because someone might post cp
its the fact that it will be abused you autists cant even wipe your own ass without help from your handlers.
>>423672
>Why do you think /wsg/'s webms are auto-muted?
Its the scriptkiddie, and you should know that screamers are towards the end after some stupid shit plays. Its the oldest bait in the book.
>it's easy to report unnecessary off topic replymagnets.
that would imply your janitor is /wsg/ standard
>>
>>423658
>If we're going to disallow sound webms because someone might post screamers, we might as well ban images because someone might post cp
holy fuck what an awful analogy
>>
gib
>>
Why don't we just use a third party like YouTube since that would just make WebM an other video.....
>>
>>423691
Anon, there are screamers in places outside of this site. You act like it's a crime against humanity to make the site have webms with sound.
>>
>>423740
Use youtube to upload HD 3 second gifs or so isn't worth it. I mean sure you can use youtube for your streaming and 10 minute clips but webms have other uses without the hassle of youtube.
>>
>>423778
>given an answer
>b-b-but its not worth it

your thread isnt worth it
>>
>>423778
You could just use imgur to upload images.

I agree with you that we should remove images from 4chan.
>>
>>423903
You could also use pastebin for text. I agree with you that we should remove any text from 4chan that isn't a URL.
>>
>>423447
Letting aside the whole IMAGEboard thing, it's a horrible idea

How the fuck do you think this is a good idea? Maybe for /a/ and /tv/ at most. Why the fuck do you need it for lets say /v/?
And you're forgetting that boards like /v/ are riddled with normalfags and /b/tards that are ready to shitpost at any second. Just imagine what sound is going to do. That's like giving a kid a lighter.
>>
I can't fully understand why people care so much. Just link a YouTube video.
>>
>>423921
Video games have sound anon.
>>423944

>>423903
>>423904
>>
File: 1453477948258.gif (2MB, 496x366px) Image search: [Google]
1453477948258.gif
2MB, 496x366px
>these newfags unaware that Hirohito already addressed this issue and turned down on it

Holy shit
>>
>>423972
And video games also have video. I still can't understand how this a better idea than linking a YouTube video.
>>
>>424112
With that logic, we shouldn't be able to upload pictures, instead we should link them to another website.
>>
>>424008
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>424293
This is an imageboard. Not a moving-image-board.
You're trying to change the website into something else, and frankly, your reasoning is very stupid.
>>
>>424451
So we shouldn't allow webms on any board.
Great reasoning you have there.
>>
>>424451
Please revise your point. Gifs are allowed and Webms were allowed years ago.

Do you mean, "This is an imageboard not a sound board"?
>>
>>424681
It's an imageboard, and I believe that anything more than very short/repeating clips without audio, aren't needed. I just can't see the use for it. To me, it looks more like people are saying "just because".
>>
>>424905
I think you're saying -no- "just because".
>>
>>424905
You can't see a use for it. Okay. I can see a use for it.
>>
>>424920
Sup Papyrus.
>>
At the least, we should add it to boards that would benefit the most from it (like /mu/).
I can't believe the pussies ITT who are against it because of screamers.
>>
Heck, you don't even need to increase the size limit.
It's basically a few key strokes away.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.