[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro look at this abuse of Moderation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: 1453511630479.gif (2MB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1453511630479.gif
2MB, 400x274px
Look at it!

Mod admits he supports reddit
>>419077
>>419083
>>419101

Public banning posters for insulting reddit
>>417680
>>417949
>>418669
>>418980
>>419037

How will you address this?
>>
File: we_hated.jpg (57KB, 595x336px) Image search: [Google]
we_hated.jpg
57KB, 595x336px
I've always thought this. How the fuck do you know something is Reddit unless you are in fact frequent the site?
>takes one to know one
BASED MOD
>>
File: 1243744284257.jpg (239KB, 734x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1243744284257.jpg
239KB, 734x1014px
Odd how a second wave of reddit bogeymanning came along. I thought we were over this?
>>
File: Addams4.jpg (47KB, 978x544px) Image search: [Google]
Addams4.jpg
47KB, 978x544px
I reckon the mods must see some major hypocrisy in regards to reddit.

The guys who say "** reddit" and other such things are probably hypervigilant for any signs of reddit. They probably post that kind of thing continuously in all kinds of boards.

Then they probably link to reddit and go "lol u guise, reddit, u guise"

Anyone who really buys into a fundamental difference between communities as a whole on reddit vs 4chan is kidding themselves. It is insecure people looking for a sense of identity and belonging who need to continuously underline differences between 4chan and reddit.
>>
If you say that something is popular on reddit, then it's obvious that you visit reddit yourself.
>>
>>421301
let me guess, you think race is a myth too
>>
>>421262
Nice shitty reading comprehension OP.

Mod is basically saying "if you actually know reddit enough to recognize what posts/opinions belong there, you must be from there", hence banning them for that.

In other words, it's pro-ledditor shilling to him just by saying the name over and over again, regardless of how you feel about it.

The other thing is there is literally no end to it. Anyone can just brand anything/opinion as reddit. If left unchecked basically entire boards will be reddit since basically no board has 100% agreement on anything, and all it takes is for that one guy who doesn't like it to start shouting it for threads to turn sour. Due to this it's best to shut the fuck up about reddit period to stop this witchhunt behavior from consuming everything.
>>
>>421310
no, that's pretty weak

let me guess, you love testicles
>>
>>421262
This isn't a question.

>Mod admits he supports reddit
That wouldn't count as abuse of moderation would it?

>>419077 isn't in support of Reddit.
>>419083 and >>419101 isn't either.
Being against users that shitpost about Reddit isn't siding with Reddit.

>Public banning posters for insulting reddit
You mean shitposting for 4/5 of them. Only >>417949 was banned unreasonably. I'm not saying it wasn't about Reddit, by the way. It almost certainly is.

>>421310
That's irrelevant. Work on your baiting skills.
>>
I love how redditors are blissfully unaware of how much drama they're causing over here.

I wish people would stop sperging out over websites.
>>
>>421296
Blame /r9k/. Then delete them.
>>
>>421262
>Public banning posters for insulting reddit
So you're in support of Reddit? You're disgusting.
>>
>>421287
>>421296
>>421301
>>421307
>>421312
>>421315
>>421320
>>421322
>>421350
back2reddit
>>
>>421395
this
>>
we are reddit we are in ur internetz
>>
>>421262
He didn't admit to supporting reddit at all, he's just sick of people using it as a generic catchall for "thing i dont like"

Can you read, retarded faggot OP?
>>
glad I only use 4chan to shitpost

you guys get worked up over nothin
>>
>>421262
We did it Reddit!
>>
>>421262
I don't see the issue, that mod seems to dislike Reddit too yet dislikes the use of strawmen and ad hominems.
Seems like one of the few decent ones to me.
Mods are still fags though.
>>
>>421312
Nonsense, there is absolutely posting that just screams reddit. For instance someone who gets triggered by the word nigger in a thread and derails it into a SJW shitfest. Or you, who feel that calling someone out for this is a "witchunt" (literally false) and should be against the rules, reddit.

>>421320
It is a question and a very good one at that. Discouraging trash posts and cancerous dialogue by telling posters to fuck off the reddit is not shitposting dumbass.
>>
>>421262
>Mod admits he supports reddit
No, the mod admitted she supports good posting quality.
>>
>>421783
>she

How do you know?
>>
>>421787
Everyone is female until proven otherwise, ma'am
>>
ITT: reddit damage control and butthurt
>>
>>421373
I'm in support of public compliments for insulting reddit
>>
While I think the logic for those bans isn't necessarily true, I'm definitely in favor of the mods banning all those shitposters. It's not even about whether it's reddit or not, it's about how posts like that add nothing to the discussion and are just stupid bait.
>>
>>421262
>How will you address this?
>i no understan

There ya go OP just saved you a thread.
>>
>>422202
You are correct, but neither are posts that claim things are sexist, prejudice, or racist. It's pure dogma and the only people who care about sticking to the social norm of not offending anyone are people who want themselves to look "good". It's essentially anonymous tripfagging since the thread gets derailed by someone getting their feelings upset. I am not saying the people who go out of the way to be offensive are in the right, it's just being politically correct is a vocal minority that cares about morality more than actual discussion.
>>
>>421262
epic bait, i take your srsly
>>
>>422208
There aren't really posts like that though, or when there are they're in reaction to the first group of posts. Get rid of one and the other will disappear as well.
>>
>>422210
>There aren't really posts like that though
There is.
>when there are they're in reaction to the first group of posts. Get rid of one and the other will disappear as well.
Get rid of reactions?
>>
Reddit posting is the most cancerous shit.
>>
>>421736
>Bad arguments should result in a ban
>>
>>422211
Get rid of bigotry and reactions to bigotry will disappear.
>>
>>422222
>>
File: WEW PENGUIN.jpg (37KB, 297x274px) Image search: [Google]
WEW PENGUIN.jpg
37KB, 297x274px
>>422216
>Get rid of bigotry
Never gonna happen, I say we remove the reactions instead since they're smaller.
>>
>>422217
>>
>>421262
checkem
>>
>>422220
step aside

ban reddit
>>
>>422219
422222?
BTW /s4s/ is here
>>
>>422222
HE TOOK OUR GET
>>
>>422222
Ooh pingpong
>>
This weekend was a Night of Long Knives for moderation and 'reddit' posting. From now on, the fact that reddit is responsible for several unique flavors of shitposting will be swept under the rug and that phrase, which was a perfect mix of 'lurk more' and 'opinion discarded' will be retired.
This whole enforcement is pointless, because new bogeymen will just come out of the woodwork to replace it
>>
BASED MODS.

Bogeymaning is a fucking cancer, it's good that it's getting deleted. Mods don't support reddit, they are just sick of huge cocksucking faggots like OP.
>>
>>422229
"go back to gaia" will make its return one day
>>
>>422229
>a perfect mix of 'lurk more' and 'opinion discarded'

No it wasn't. Just use one or both of those if you need to, preferably the second because "lurk more" makes you sound like Stephanie the 16 year old valley girl. They haven't gone away.
>>
>>421262
the mod is based obviously fucking with him using fallacy fallacy ahh fallacy
>>
How is "go back to lebbit" any different from "you're a niger" or "kill yourself"? It has a very clearly established use and, shockingly enough, it's even correctly applied half the time.
>>
>>421262
A large portion of those posts, especially the "hello red(Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.)dit" replies, have been directed towards random posts without regard for whether they're related to that site in any way. It's likely reddit scum are trying to normalize usage of their site by bringing it up all the time and creating confusion. The obvious solution is to simply ban any mention of it.

>>421287
By observing 4chan posts made by those faggots along with the replies. If some faggot posts something that's obviously not from 4chan, and someone points out it's from reddit, now you've learned the source.
>>
>>422273
;^)
>>
>>422287
>shockingly enough, it's even correctly applied half the time.

Hahaha, do you really think this?
>>
>>422303
So by your logic, if I were to make the claim right now that your post is characteristic of Something Awful's ADTRW forum, apparently it is automatically true. Because I'm also arbitrarily allowed to decide what is "obviously not from 4chan" despite 4chan being an amalgam by nature.
>>
/tv/ need a purge. Reddit and all variations should be wordfiltered.
>>
>>422394
m8 if they start filtering reddit, I'll just use something else. besides, you can't filter images

the mods may think they have power, but in reality they have fuck all

if you think we'll allow /tv/ to turn into another SJW shithole like /co/, you're fucking delusional
>>
>>422229
>and that phrase, which was a perfect mix of 'lurk more' and 'opinion discarded' will be retired.
"reddit" at this point is an empty insult thrown at anything you disagree with. It has nothing to do with lurking moar and it's not even close to a new gb2gaia, it just turned into a meaningless angry shitpost in the vein of youtube comments. It does not reference posts keeping in touch with 4chan culture at all. It's pretty much another "cuck" as far as its usage goes.
I agree though that banning/wordfiltering it will achieve nothing. It's a symptom, not a cause.
>>
>>422405
>"reddit" at this point is an empty insult thrown at anything you disagree with
utter bullshit

just because you don't understand why you got called a redditor doesn't mean it's meaningless

lurk more retard
>>
>>422408
It's a little early to piss your pants, isn't it?
>>
>>422404
>besides, you can't filter images

You can on /r9k/.
>>
>>422412
Ah, right, forgot. Well, rest assured I'll find a way. Doesn't take a genius to change the hash of an image.
>>
>>422404
That's hilarious. You admit you couldn't "save" /co/. What makes you so confident you'll be successful this time? You won't. It's going to be the same thing again. No matter how much you try to struggle, the mods are in control, and you are expendable.
>>
File: 1451461314705.jpg (238KB, 1000x712px) Image search: [Google]
1451461314705.jpg
238KB, 1000x712px
>>422426
Well, to be fair, I never used /co/.

In any case, if you think that spreading defeatism is in your interest, go ahead. However, I really don't give a shit what the outcome will be. It's the
>muh wrawng side of history
>muh oudaytid biliffs
argument all over again.
>>
>>422437
Defeatism? Haha. You misunderstand.

This is my win.
>>
File: 1362741243032.png (544KB, 2096x2784px) Image search: [Google]
1362741243032.png
544KB, 2096x2784px
>>422443
Oh no.
>>
>>422445
That's a good point, I never knew that. However, the white non-slave owners still decided that slavery should be legal and still benefited from slaves.
>>
>>422454
Yeah, too bad that's over. Wish I was born then.
>>
>>422454
Additionally, the fact that even a single black person was made to suffer because of those people who were willing to let it happen is just deplorable. This is just people refusing to admit fault by saying "But I didn't do it" even though they still made a choice.
>>
>>421767
>not being a white supremacists means you're from Rddit
Kek. If the mods are banning the "go back to Rddit" trollposts that means they're finally enforcing GR#3. Look for the pointless racial slurs outside of /b/ to be getting the boot soon too
>>
>>422461
Didn't you see the 400+ post thread earlier? Someone on /v/ got a public ban for saying nigger.
>>
>>422461
>calling someone a nigger when they say some nigger shit is white supremacy
you need to go back to your subreddits
>>
>>422404
>filtering rebbit will turn /tv/ into a SJW shithole

HAHAHA OH MY FUCK YOU ARE SUCH A HUGE FAGGOT

Yes anon, crying about reddit whenever you see things you don't like is in fact a fight AGAINST shitposts ;^)))
>>
>>421262
I will break out the champagne.
>>
>>422408
>just because you don't understand why you got called a redditor doesn't mean it's meaningless
If you get called a redditor it's usually because the person who called you that was either a retard trying to fit in, or just drank too much of the 4chan kool-aid.
>>
>>422469
>using racial slurs because you don't think black people are human
>b-b-but I'm not racist guys!
>>
>TO KNOW IF CONTENT IS "REDDIT" OR NOT, ONE MUST LOGICALLY VISIT REDDIT ONESELF
I disagree

The reddit sensibility existed well before the website and even the internet. If the reddit mindset wasn't already existing in the world in some capacity then the website would never have formed. Sensibilities don't just spring from nowhere. Media like the big lebowski is proto-reddit. The creation of the website is directly attributable to films like this.
>>
>>422516
Oh,
Well imagine,
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor,
And I can't help but to hear,
No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words:
"What a beautiful wedding! What a beautiful wedding!" says a bridesmaid to a waiter,
"And, yes, but what a shame, what a shame the poor groom's bride is a
whore."
>>
>>422214
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
>>422549
>Media like the big lebowski is proto-reddit. The creation of the website is directly attributable to films like this.

You're going to have to explain this one, because I love that movie but I don't get your post at all.
>>
File: nice threads for irc points.jpg (147KB, 1830x691px) Image search: [Google]
nice threads for irc points.jpg
147KB, 1830x691px
>>422555
Unless the mod and/or janitor consider the thread to be "hecka epic"

picture very related
>>
Can anyone point me to the rule that says that hypocrisy is a bannable offense?
>>
>>422637
>point me to the rule
8gaggers always bray this nonsense

fact is, friend, mods = gods

pls don't pee your pants about it
>>
>>422408
Do YOU understand why you call people redditors?
>>
>>422644
So you can't, then.
I see.
>>
>>422667
Well, that person's an idiot, so they can't, but I can. Rule 6, quality of posts. Hypocrisy results in low quality posts.
>>
>>421262

The mod's logic is flawed.
You dont have to visit Reddit to know what content is from there. Reddit users post on 4chan openly, and take content from 4chan religiously.
They post here enough that people that never visit Reddit are familiar with it site.
They try to use their downvote culture on 4chan.
They try to get people censored.
They try to get people banned.

Once again. You do not have to go to Reddit to know what Redditors are like. Because Reddit fags are incapable of shutting the fuck up about their site.

If you simply filter the word "reddit" you would solve all the problems.
But the mod is obviously a Redditor that is tired of seeing people shittalk his site.

Also. Being a hypocrite isnt a bannable offense. Stop abusing you fag.
>>
>>422667
i said DON'T pee your pants
>>
>>422637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0OP2Hmup-Y
>>
>>421262

Abuse? This is some of the best moderation since I've started browsing this site 9 years ago. This mod is god, I love him.

He's not doing it FOR FREE
He's doing it FOR YOU
>>
>>422287
People who tell someone to go back to Reddit genuinely believes the person they're talking to is from Reddit.

"You're a nigger" is not used primarily on 4chan because the users are genuinely trying to hunt down and drive off all black people.

>>422679
>Because Reddit fags are incapable of shutting the fuck up about their site.
99% of the time it's not the supposed redditor bringing up the website. It's the people whining about it who are incapable of shutting up.
>>
File: pleb fuck.jpg (151KB, 650x1793px) Image search: [Google]
pleb fuck.jpg
151KB, 650x1793px
Remember its swaglord getting upset after being called the fuck out
>>
>>421262
Fucking brilliant 10/10 moderation

People obsessed with that shithole can stay there and talk about it there.
>>
File: 1125.gif (1MB, 389x360px) Image search: [Google]
1125.gif
1MB, 389x360px
>>424671
This. Thanks mods, you're alright for a change
>>
>>424671
>>424675
>>>/r/eddit
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.