[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/idya cosplay threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: cglhatescosplay.png (375KB, 1514x2782px) Image search: [Google]
cglhatescosplay.png
375KB, 1514x2782px
Alright chinese moot, can you please give an official ruling on this? Should video game related cosplay threads be allowed on /v/? I've just seen two cosplay /v/idya threads deleted in a row by some overzealous mod. Allow me to present my case.

>/v/ Video Games Rule 1 - All posts should pertain to video games, their consoles, and video game culture. Threads should remain on topic and stay in theme with the board. Don't post off-topic garbage.

These are cosplays of video game characters, therefor I believe that they are indeed video game related. Drawfag threads are a daily occurrence on /v/, and I never see them deleted even though /ic/ would technically be a more suited place for them. Why are video game related drawfags thread that belong on /ic/ allowed on /v/, but video game related cosplay threads are deemed off topic? Furthermore, cosplay is technically already a small part of 'video game culture' and therefor should be allowed on /v/ based on Rule 1. I know there's a handful of /v/irgins like those Gene and STALKER cosplayers that enjoy these video games so much that they cosplay as these characters and occasionally self post in these threads. If that doesn't count as part of 'video game culture' then I don't know what is.

The main argument I see about these threads being off topic is that 'we already have a cosplay board'. And here's the thing, these threads are inherently impossible to have on /cgl/. /v/ and /cgl/ are two completely different demographics that view cosplay differently. /v/ is mostly a male dominated board that enjoys looking at pictures of attractive cosplayers and occasionally discussing their own experiences with cosplay and conventions they've attended. /cgl/ is a female dominated board that are actively part of the craft itself. Cosplay photodump threads occur on /cgl/ in only two occasions, convention photos after a major convention weekend or the obligatory bad cosplay/bad photo/bad photoshop/bad wig/bad makeup threads.
>>
>>419327
(continued)

From my personal experience I've seen a lot more positivity, or at least neutrality with /v/idya cosplay threads on /v/ while /cgl/ just tears apart and cannibalizes it's own hobby. My main point is that the difference in demographics and board cultures are just too much to just tell everyone to take these threads /cgl/. We don't want to make these threads of /cgl/ and I'm sure /cgl/ feels the exact same way. So please chinese moot, I beseech you. Make your official ruling. Is it okay to post video game related cosplay threads on /v/?
>>
What is the base subject?
Is there a board for that subject?
These threads are about people dressed up as video game characters, yes, but cosplay has a board just for cosplay of ALL kinds. People should go to /cgl/ if the want to discuss cosplay.

If there's a board for it, use it.
>>
File: Act-II-CoverSM.jpg (522KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Act-II-CoverSM.jpg
522KB, 750x750px
>>419435
So should video game music threads be banished to /mu/ as well?
>>
File: please.jpg (27KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
27KB, 300x225px
>>419470
On that note, we have /3/, so maybe discussion of the graphics in video games shouldn't be allowed either.

>>419327
OP, you aren't fooling anybody with your softcore 3D Ecchi thread.
>>
>>419470
>>419473
Cosplay is farther removed from video games than those two things. It's about people dressing up as a character from a game.
>>
>>419475
Yeah, but the rules of /v/ says "Video Game Culture" so that doesn't matter. Cosplay isn't removed at all from Video Game "Culture".
>>
>>419476
What is defined as "video game culture" on /v/ is so loose, that you could include many things that would be better off on another board. /v/ is bad because it's so big. It''s big because video games are very popular, and the fact that a lot of people don't feel any real need to use many other boards. /v/ is overpopulated as it is. /v/ is a board on a website, but people tend to people treat it like a different website itself.
>>
>>419435
Where do you draw the line? Does a thread about Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 belong on /v/ or /a/? What if the thread about the game spawns of side conversations about the anime storyline, is it now considered off topic? What if someone wanted to dump the Injustice comics, which is a comic book tie in made specifically for the video game about comic book characters? Or the upcoming Assassin's Creed live action movie which is based on a video game franchise?
>>
>>419487
Let's admit that the thread in the OP wasn't banned because it was Cosplay. It was banned because it's "breasts butts and vaginas" and /v/ is a blue board.
>>
>>419491
That thread is from /cgl/ last night. There wasn't a single picture with any form of nudity on it and /cgl/ screamed for mods to delete the thread anyway. This is what happens when someone tells you to take your cosplay threads to /cgl/ instead of posting them on /v/.
>>
>>419487
>What if the thread about the game spawns of side conversations about the anime storyline, is it now considered off topic?
Well, if it starts to dominate the thread, then yes. And it might even be a good reason to delete the thread if it separates from game discussion too often.
>which is a comic book tie in
It's a comic book, so it should go on /co/. Just like how game manga (mangas?) goes on /a/.
>Assassin's Creed live action movie
It's a movie. /tv/.

Just think about the base of what the discussion will be about, and post it on the board for that subject if such a board exists.
>>
>>419510
But you also have to think about the relevancy of each topic to each board at any specific frame of time. You're assuming every board shares a common interest in the same things. During Injustice's releases, the comic would be more relevant to /v/ than /co/ because more people from /v/ would have likely played the game that the story sets up the ground work for. You can't full get the experience of the comics without playing the game at some point. And there's no guarantee that everyone on /co/ plays video games, so in theory they would be less likely to care about a tie in series to a game they never plan to play.

And right now the Assassin's Creed franchise is well established as a video game franchise, and has no official ties to the film industry until the film is officially released. You would be far less likely to find people interested in the film on /tv/ than you would on /v/. Once the movie releases, then yes, threads about that specific movie would be more relevant to /tv/ for the certain period of time. After awhile when it becomes impractical to make a thread on /tv/ about a box office flops that most people there didn't watch or can even remember, then the relevancy of the film reverts back to /v/.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.