[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REMOVE /QA/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dis.png (340KB, 852x692px) Image search: [Google]
dis.png
340KB, 852x692px
Daily reminder that /qa/ should be removed. Here's a few reasons why:

1. Nobody knows about this board
2. It encourages crossboard cancer
3. People give their opinions on boards they normally wouldn't visit
4. Hiro seems to think that this board is somehow the voice of all of 4chan

Site discussion is good, but not in this format. Instead, every board (maybe except for /b/) should have their own discussion page of sorts;picrelated.
If you would want to suggest a new board or global feature you'd do it in /feedback as usual.
>>
>>419039
Discussion page could even be in text format
>>
>1. Nobody knows about this board
too many people know about it, tbqh

>2. It encourages crossboard cancer
so do /v/, /pol/, [s4s], /b/, /tv/

>3. People give their opinions on boards they normally wouldn't visit
so? there's nothing stopping them from visiting the discussion board of a board they don't visit and giving their opinion.

>4. Hiro seems to think that this board is somehow the voice of all of 4chan
i really don't think he takes every suggestion as "the voice of all of 4chan"
>>
>>419067
>too many people know about it, tbqh
Le sekrit club amirite

>so do /v/, /pol/, [s4s], /b/, /tv/
Still doesn't make it not cancerous

>there's nothing stopping them from visiting the discussion board of a board they don't visit and giving their opinion
But fewer people would do that

>i really don't think he takes every suggestion as "the voice of all of 4chan"
Obviously not every suggestion, but he has made many decisions based on the opinions on this board. Splitting /d/, /lit/ and renaming /asp/ etc, without even making a thread on the respective boards beforehand.

You never gave me a reason why having a discussion page on every board wouldn't be a better idea than having /qa/
>>
>>419246
>But fewer people would do that
why would you think that?

>but he has made many decisions based on the opinions on this board
what's wrong with that? there are people who post here about the boards they regularly go on.

>without even making a thread on the respective boards beforehand.
4chan is not a democracy. those examples you gave have been asked for for years, you can hardly blame /qa/ for them.

>You never gave me a reason why having a discussion page on every board wouldn't be a better idea than having /qa/
i don't think having more places for autists to argue about the rules or newfags to try to turn 4chan into whatever site they just came from would be good for 4chan as a whole. the /q/ threads on here should all be deleted too.
>>
>>419369
>4chan is not a democracy
I agree that it shouldn't be. But obviously Hiro sees it as such since he seems to take most opinions here very seriously.
>>419369
>newfags to try to turn 4chan into whatever site they just came from
This is literally what /qa/ is, only that there are people trying to change the boards they don't even visit.
In a perfect 4chan though the /feedback page would actually be useful and we wouldn't need these places for people to whine
>>
>>419039
>It encourages crossboard cancer
You realize that most people use more than one board, right? If you just use one board, you're a weird anomaly. Most people have several interests unless they have legit problems.

>>419246
>Obviously not every suggestion, but he has made many decisions based on the opinions on this board.
>Splitting /d/
Wrong. He made /aco/. The mod split /d/.

>/lit/
He asked /lit/. They said they didn't want /phil/ around anymore.

>renaming /asp/
I can't say anything on this as I'm not sure of the details. Unlike you I'm willing to get my facts straight before I start sperging out.

I'm guessing you're from /a/.
>>
>>419518
>I agree that it shouldn't be

Why the fuck not? You saw how shit things were when one retard who didn't use the site was in total control.

Getting the opinions of the people who actually use the site is better than anything moot ever did.

I mean I know your autism makes you crave a firm authoritative hand to tell you exactly what to do but the rest of us actually have to use this site.
>>
>>419625
>/asp/
The basic summation is that wrestling was too popular to be on /sp/, meaning there were tons of complaints about it and it jumped from the 9th to 4th board in post activity on pay-per-view Sundays. So the obvious solution was to move it to /asp/ and give them free reign to make as many threads as they like, completely flooding a much slower board.

To give an analogy, it'd be like if ponies had been kicked out of /co/ and /b/ and put onto /toy/ instead of just making /mlp/. It's a completely retarded decision.

>>419039
>1. Nobody knows about this board
And?

>2. It encourages crossboard cancer
You must be new here.

>3. People give their opinions on boards they normally wouldn't visit
Don't speak over women's experiences you neckbeard piece of trash.

>4. Hiro seems to think that this board is somehow the voice of all of 4chan
It was the closest thing to that when the Q&A was happening. Now it's mainly the autists that get a stiffy from arguing.

>Discussion
Yep, let's add more boards for an apparently already overburdened staff to have to monitor. In fact, just straight double it.
>>
>>419039
The fact that /qa/'s continuing existence seems to trigger people like yourself is all the more reason to keep it around indefinitely.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.