[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meme game >meme show >meme anime >meme character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dumb frogposter.png (146KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
dumb frogposter.png
146KB, 500x560px
>meme game
>meme show
>meme anime
>meme character
>meme this
>meme that

What the hell is this even supposed to mean?
Is everything remotely popular a "meme" now?
>>
I think the implication is that the game/show/anime/character/this/that didn't get popular on its own merits but because everyone else liked it, and it's popularity came from being viral rather than being good. That's said, it's exclusively used to complain about how people like things that whoever used it does not personally approve of.
>>
It's the new hipster-autismo term for "mainstream". Remember hipsters anon?
>>
Meme thread

>>>/reddit/
>>
It's the latest "thing I don't like" term.
>>
I can tell you, BACK WHEN THIS ALL STARTED, for "meme actor" at least, the term meant they were socially popular for reasons other than their skill as an actor, or even as a vehicle. Like, those hack frauds of Red Letter Media, clearly they're not adept as movie-making, but they're popular on /tv/ for talking and being stand-ins for close personal friends. Because of this over-lapping discontinuity, people who don't like them try to write them off as bad movie-makers, but opposing people say they're good movie makers (which is clearly not true, even if their products are funny) and this conflict can only be resolved by the first party saying the second party is down for boobery because of the meme of "they are fun/ny."
>>
>>418746
so once again /tv/ is the source of board-wide cancer. Is there anything you can't ruin?
>>
Using a strict definition of "meme", yes, almost everything that is popular got that way due to being a meme.
Every time you tell someone you know that a thing is good and they should go watch/play/read/experience it, you have turned it into a meme.
>>
>>418777
Not just good. Telling someone that something is bad is also turning it into a meme. As soon as you voice an idea or concept in such a way that another individual understands it, you have made a meme.
Meme is a very, very broad category that is basically meaningless. This post is a meme now that you've read it.
>>
>>418746
>>418760
The term started with meme rap on /mu/
>>
>>418746
>>418760
>>418851
This started on reddit's metasphere boards. Not even joking.
>>
>>418906
Source?
>>
Calling things 'meme x' is a meme meme.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.