[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can we do to increase compassion and understanding on 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Hilly landscape.jpg (696KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hilly landscape.jpg
696KB, 1920x1080px
What can we do to increase compassion and understanding on 4chan?
>>
make a /cuck/ board
>>
Scrolled down and saw you reblogged someone who was bitching about good art because it was supposedly made by "a known pedophile." Noticed you were laying upon them a rather savage smackdown. Just wanted to express my agreement. With that smackdown. Yes.

First of all, art sexualizing fictional children is disgusting, but it's not really wrong. On the contrary, it's probably one of the healthiest ways of coping with pedophilia. If this artist were a pedophile, way to fucking humiliate someone who's just trying his best to keep real, living children safe from his lust. Rape is a crime. Child abuse is a crime. But simply having a mental illness is not a crime, no matter how much it scares you, and we need to stop criminalizing it. Shaming someone for a dangerous mental illness, when they haven't done anything and are clearly actively trying not to, is no different from shaming someone for race, sex, or size.

Beside that, sexualizing older versions of underage fictional characters isn't even pedophilia in the first place. If the pictures are of them as adults, then in those pictures they're no longer underage. What's hard to understand about that? It seems like there's a trend of going around taking any kind of sexual diversity you don't like and labeling it pedophilia.
>>
>>417388
Besides that, people are multifaceted. Even if this person were engaged in sexual behavior of an unethical nature, that doesn't magically pollute their adorable Undertale art with those same intentions. You can enjoy the work of someone who did something you don't like. The deeds do not make the man. They make the case against the man. (Or for him.) What makes the man is something too complex to be summarized in language. Even if this artist were a convicted murderer, the same person who killed those people could have created this art and meant it, and while that would by no means redeem the person, it would certainly redeem the art. No matter how awful the things we've done, good intentions can still exist within us. I thought Undertale was supposed to teach us that. There is no moral event horizon, not at murder, and certainly not at aging up Cream the Rabbit and drawing her with three dicks.

I'm sorry to go on at such length about something that's so beside the point, but I couldn't restrain myself. What a fucking asshole.
>>
>>417373
Follow the rules.
>>
Speaking in this vein of thought, the buddhism discussions on /his/ are incredibly interesting, they are the best kind of discussion, all about the content, not about egos.

Maybe it's because of the buddhist mindset that those threads are so calm.
>>
>>417373
mandatory accounts and usernames
>>
Ban low-effort derision. "Kill yourself" making up more than 50% of the character count in a post is not a good post. The person posting it put very little effort into being a dickhead. You can be a dickhead, but you gotta spend some time thinking about how to be a dickhead. At the very least, understand the person you're hating.

Anything like "cuck" or "newfag" or "go back to reddit" etc? Fine. But if that's ALL you're saying it's not fine. Same goes for known copypasta. "Fresh off the boat from reddit kid?" "After world war 2 the atomic bombs were dropped on japan" >>417388 this person, and things like that.

Doing all of this would improve the board.
>>
>>417373
More landscape
>>
Behead all those who insult the red-pill
>>
File: 1205908881126.jpg (44KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
1205908881126.jpg
44KB, 600x510px
>>417373
But we're already so forgiving!
>>
>>417373
i think we need to first tackle the serious lack of racial diversity in 4chan's administration

blacks need representation too!
>>
>>419129
The admin's asian. That's plenty of diversity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.