[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been a year, lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16

File: rip_moot_2015.th.jpg (135KB, 425x595px) Image search: [Google]
rip_moot_2015.th.jpg
135KB, 425x595px
Today marks the one year anniversary of moot's retirement. Love him or hate him, we should all take time now to reflect on his life, and his influence on the internet, as well as the real world.

Where were you when moot was kill?
What was your favorite moot moment?
How do you guys think 4chan's been holding up since?

Pay your respects to Moot, the most generous and wonderful CuckNiggerJew we never knew.
>>
4chan got so shitty that the fucking admin jumped ship.

Makes me chuckle every time I think about it. People are just raping 4chan's corpse at this point.
>>
He's roman catholic, right?
>>
Somebody has the "card" we made moot.

I obviously didn't read all of it, but one thing that stuck out in particular was "you gave me a place to belong".
>>
\/\/
|-|
>>
sorry for ever doubting you moot ;_; turns out you were the sole reason the site was not shit.
>>
>>417164
He kept the bastards in line
>>
I can't believe it's already been one year, it didn't feel like it
>>
File: 1453223695199s.jpg (12KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453223695199s.jpg
12KB, 250x200px
>>417275
Yeah, fucking this.

I need to do more with my life if moots departure has been the most memorable thing to happen to me in the past year.
>>
F
>>
>>417164
Today is a good day to look back on the glory days... Its a shame rly i miss moot so bad. Hiro its time to actually run this site and live up to moot's legacy
>>
>>417168
>you gave me a place to belong
That's so gay.
>>
I crie everytiem
>>
>>417164
Nobody actually liked moot. He was a cuck who intentionally shit up the site through inaction and lied to the users about what he wanted the site to be.

He was a worthless human being and I'm glad he's gone. Hiro is a much better admin that moot ever was.
>>
>>417372
>Nobody actually liked moot
And here comes the anons that have been here for less than 3 years.
>>
>>417374
Try 9 champ. I know you're fresh off the boat from Reddit and trying to fit in, but if you actually knew what 4chan was like more than 6 months ago you'd know how shit moot was.
>>
>>417396
I know you're fresh off the boat from Reddit and trying to fit in, but if you actually knew what 4chan was like more than 5 years ago you'd know moot wasn't that bad.
>>
File: 1421881369931.png (48KB, 205x251px) Image search: [Google]
1421881369931.png
48KB, 205x251px
I miss him, I'm thankful for his efforts.
I remember listening through the entire q&a and taking part in the threads like it all happened just yesterday.
This site is a part of me and always will be, even if it falls to utter shit before it crumbles apart.

Should we bring back some music from all those threads a year ago? To who ever posted this; thanks for the rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKcAc8VpIw&index=85&list=PLw4IpL8570WW95qk6MeGZebLfSzgnTKyj

F
>>
File: 1388481771188.jpg (36KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
1388481771188.jpg
36KB, 600x419px
>>417374
> my dick is bigger!

>>417396
> NO MY DICK IS BIGGER!

>>417451
NO FAK U MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN UR ENTIRE BODY!
>>
What the fuck is that moot stuff youre talking about?
>>
>>417164
>moot

Who?
>>
File: SlutFace.jpg (25KB, 336x294px) Image search: [Google]
SlutFace.jpg
25KB, 336x294px
>>417164
>What was your favorite moot moment?
The day I realised moots nose is a filthy little whore
>>
>>417497
I wouldn't mind Komm Susser Tod playing on /a/ today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LX_yAdTsV8

Specifically that version, I believe its the version they posted when moot announced that he was leaving.
>>
>>417504
Howdy reddit.
>>
>>417497
http://i.4cdn.org/f/goodbye.swf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ualyQolBc
>>
>actually liking (or hating) moot

Please. Most people just browse this site without giving a shit about who's in charge.
>>
File: 1421882456492.gif (498KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1421882456492.gif
498KB, 500x283px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mptcbsizs
Browsing through all the old threads, the atmosphere sure got dark god damn
>>
File: abstractwojack.jpg (9KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
abstractwojack.jpg
9KB, 248x250px
>>417164

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc

F
>>
>>417538
But its m00t :'(
>>
File: seeyouinspacecowboyman.jpg (1MB, 2569x1928px) Image search: [Google]
seeyouinspacecowboyman.jpg
1MB, 2569x1928px
>>
File: moottubs.png (649KB, 720x523px) Image search: [Google]
moottubs.png
649KB, 720x523px
>>
File: mootgetsserved.jpg (99KB, 661x768px) Image search: [Google]
mootgetsserved.jpg
99KB, 661x768px
>>
File: mootsfinalpost.png (281KB, 1878x1834px) Image search: [Google]
mootsfinalpost.png
281KB, 1878x1834px
>>
File: mootRIPIP.png (212KB, 1118x1156px) Image search: [Google]
mootRIPIP.png
212KB, 1118x1156px
>>
File: mootiskill.png (60KB, 747x997px) Image search: [Google]
mootiskill.png
60KB, 747x997px
>>
>>417321
Wow, that post, that post was so filled with content, my mind is blown, I never even THOUGHT to look at it from that perspective, you are fucking amazing, thanks for that high quality post.
>>
I can't remember very much that happened more than a year ago, it all fades together. At last I'm free to remember moot as the legendary faggot who made all 4chan in his own image, instead of that one asshole who did all these things that I hated.

I hope he's having fun out there wherever he is.
>>
>>417928
Thank you, I spent all night thinking it up.
>>
>>417926
>1/21/14
Hmm... wrong year.
>>
>>417945
>>417926
Oh god it's actually been two years already.

Am I just reliving the same moment over and over again like some hellish groundhog day?
>>
File: 1449806948477.png (34KB, 813x820px) Image search: [Google]
1449806948477.png
34KB, 813x820px
>>417164
>Where were you when moot was kill?
England
I recently got kicked back to NY because my visa expired before they could renew it
I've been in hell ever since
>What was your favorite moot moment?
I can't decide, might have to go with when he posted a shoddy drawing of Asuka
>How do you guys think 4chan's been holding up since?
Honestly, it doesn't feel like it did before
I came here in '09 but I learned about a bunch of previous happenings by lurking (wow, what a concept)
It just doesn't feel like the "gateway to the dark side of the internet" or whatever anymore, it seems everyone's obsessed with le reddit boogeyman but doesn't know /why/ we hate reddit
It's still holding up pretty good but I'm worried about where we'll all go when it closes for good
>>
why hasn't he posted? today was supposed to be the day he came back
>>
File: moot disappointed.jpg (64KB, 773x580px) Image search: [Google]
moot disappointed.jpg
64KB, 773x580px
>>417164
>How do you guys think 4chan's been holding up since?

As of 2016, 4chan is diluted heavily with obnoxious memers who try to fit in by posting just as they see in their screencaps from /r/4chan. Giving no space for actual quality content.
4chan is more or less dead.

I hope moot is happy with whatever he's doing right now, though. His departure inspired me to try browsing other communities or maybe just go outside.
>>
Do you guys think it was true what he said about still lurking and posting among us as anon?

Or is it like that thing when a girl tells you you'll still be friends.
>>
>>418107
moot posts here often, he's usually the one sucking mod cock.
>>
>>417396
Moot was one of us. Can't say that about the head of any other community like this. He generally Kelly his hands of, didn't try to shill us out or force his political views on us the way places like Reddit do to their users
>>
>>417165
>4chan got so shitty that the fucking admin jumped ship.
4chan got so shitty precisely because of m00t being a fucking shitty admin.

>>417168
>you gave me a place to belong
Yeah, he gave all the scum who came rolling in during 2007 and 2008 a place to fester in all the while killing most of the creative and enjoyable parts of the site.
Fuck anyone who legitimately thinks he was a positive influence on the site and fuck the post-2007 sycophantic /a/utists who keep sucking his dick for years.

>>417178
See above. You are part of the problem.
>>417189
He failed to do that. Failed in a spectacular manner.

>>417497
>I'm thankful for his efforts
He was famously apathetic and lazy. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>418524
>Moot was one of us.
No he wasn't and he never was. He was a goon who wanted to have the ability to in a position of power over a place for discussion and left SA because he didn't get his way there and wasn't able to have free reign over the anime thread.

>Can't say that about the head of any other community like this
Distanced, arrogant, aloof, doesn't listen to the voice of the posters, ignores problems, etc. All of these traits are rather common for heads of communities.

>didn't try to shill us out or force his political views on us the way places like Reddit do to their users
Are you fucking retarded? Yes, he fucking did and most famously did so very recently by becoming personally involved in the censorship of gamergate on /v/.

Goddamnit newfag, shut the fuck up and stop pretending like you even begin to understand this site.
>>
Damn, I remember the days when mods would mass permaban everyone in a thread just because one guy decided to shitpost in it or simply for shit's and giggles.

The endless stream of petty mass permabans and the fact that you couldn't view the site when you were banned back then really crippled the sites traffic between 2008 and 2012 which was worsened by the rise of reddit.

I'm convinced the only reason moot finally gave in and gave ponies their own board was for the sake of site traffic and ad revenue. That combined with the fact that during 2012 he sent his mods on a mass "crusade" against every major proxy site in an attempt to ban as many proxies from them as possible only for him to realize most of the pony trolls simply had to reset their router.
>>
snacks > moot

site became garbage after snacks left for good

prove me wrong
>>
>>418537
Sounds like someone has spent too much time on /v/ and /qa/

> censorship of gamergate
Oh, wait, you are just a stupid fucking GGnigger who can't accept the fact your stupid activist campaign didn't belong the site. Fuck off.
>>
>>418529
>>418537
Jesus Christ, if this site has been giving you this much grief for 9 years, why the fuck do you still bother coming here?
Obviously Moot did something right if he was able to keep angsty bastards like you hooked for so long.
>>
>>418585
>the days when mods would mass permaban everyone
Holy shit this.

I was scared to post at all from 2007 until about 2012 just because I feared the moderators so much.
I didn't want to lose my daily lurking privileges over something as silly as making a little post.

For me, the nail on the coffin was when I no longer felt this fear.
When I found myself comfortable making regular posts, I knew part of the magic had died here.
>>
>>418675
You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop parroting bullshit you read on ED in a pathetic attempt to shroud your newfaggotry.
>>
>>418744
I don't give a mad fuck about the Goobergoyim shit, but he's not wrong about moot.
>>
>>418072
I have to agree sadly. The shitposting is getting out of control and has already ruined a good amount of boards thanks to mod incompetence
>>
>>417361
>That's so gay
Welcome to 4chan, faggot
>>
>>417164
Has moot done anything productive since he left 4chan?

I would only consider taking a break from this site if he didn't just waste another year like the rest of us.
>>
>>420320
Does he need to do anything productive? Considering drawquest's "success," it's likely that 4chan will be the greatest achievement moot ever made.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.