[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best creative work made by 4channers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 972629.jpg (150KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
972629.jpg
150KB, 1200x683px
What is the best creative work made by 4channers?
>>
/b/ day

If you think about it, it's still effecting the site to this day. Things would be a lot different without it.
>>
File: fedora euphoric.gif (3MB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
fedora euphoric.gif
3MB, 250x257px
Historical revisionism by newfag weebs. Reading some of the shit they say is truly better than anything else I can think of.
>>
>>416060
Taylor Swift's discography.
>>
>>416067
So 4chan wasn't primarily an anime focused website in its inception?

I fucking knew it. Fucking anime.
>>
Unfortunately, raids. I mean, raids are very funny, but really, krautchan did an awesome visual novel, with soundtrack and everything, and they have 500 users, meanwhile here we have 150k users and never did something really impressive, like a game, an album, etc.
>>
>>416085
What do you think the OP's picture is then, you fucking troglodyte?
>>
>>416088
>/a/
>whole of 4chan

That board might as well not even be a part of this site.
>>
File: gangsta kid omegle.jpg (34KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
gangsta kid omegle.jpg
34KB, 700x483px
>>416085

You haven't been around long then. There's a ton of shit that's been influenced by 4chan. The agario dev posted on /v/ and got them to basically beta test shit and some of the faces are memes/sites. The Risk of Rain dev posts on /vg/ in the amateur game development general routinely. There's been several conventions over the years. Deadmau5 did a Q&A on /mu/ awhile back when moot was still around. Various soundcloud accounts where /s4s/ meme music is made. Various flash animations have been made. /v/ the musical which is basically /v/irgins taking the piss out of game related stuff. Various e-zines from /lit/, some paranormal investigation stuff on /x/ and /out/. And I'm pretty sure I remember /mu/ putting out albums of just little songs they came up with or covers.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of things 4chan users have done, not counting anything that could be a raid like the "cuckservative" shit becoming a new term people seriously use, saving cats from abuse, etc.

The only issue is that most of this stuff isn't done by 4chan as a whole in unity, but rather likeminded people on 4chan doing little projects on their own and working together. But, yeah, there's a lot of shit that 4chan users have done. Because this is such a diverse place you're bound to run into all types of people here which is the whole appeal.

tl;dr: lurk more and stop being a fag. 4chan users make tons of shit. You just need to stop having this "MUH BOARD CULTURE! MUH HOME BOARD!" bullshit and actually check out that huge list of boards up there. You may find stuff you find interesting and never expected aside from shitposting.
>>
>>416085
plenty of people have done 4chan sings
/vp/'s tried to make pokemon games and have some beta-tested previews out
[s4s] has done albums and eh also kind of tried to make a game once

i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting
>>
>>416094
I don't browse any of these boards to know what's going on them. And Q&As aren't "creative work made by 4channers". Lauren Faust did a Q&A here, Andrew W.K. did a Q&A here, so what? It's not a "creative work made by 4channers".
Also, the agario dev sold himself to reddit when the game got popular, so yeah, not really made by "4channers".

>>416095
Yeah, I remember the /*/ sings, but they were just covers, not actual original songs.
>>
>>416067
Yeah pretty much this. They've created quite an elaborate mythos around 4chan's supposed founding 'as an anime focused site' that they then use as justification for smug /qa/ posts.
>>
>>416093
You're a fucking autist if you think it was just started on /a/ and by /a/ only.
>>
>>416108
Educate me then. I don't browse /a/, mind you, It's just what I've heard on other boards whenever people talked about that cripple game.
>>
>>416097

Then don't complain when you don't browse boards and don't see the tons of shit going on on them and bitch about how 4chan makes nothing and Krautchan does. 4chan users have made tons of shit both literally and figuratively.
>>
>>416060
The 4chan archives.

It was /a/nons that coded the archives and not any of the other boards.
>>
>>416160
And basically defeating the whole purpose of imageboards.

Thanks a fucking bunch.
>>
>>416131
I gave krautchan as an example because everyone there knew about the project, meanwhile here only people who browse the board knows about the project. That's because we don't have a /b/, I guess. I mean, we have it, but nobody that has been here for more than 6 months browse it.
>>
File: LORDE-PURE-HEROINE.jpg (21KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
LORDE-PURE-HEROINE.jpg
21KB, 628x628px
>>416060
>>
>>416277
o i am laffing
>>
>>416085
>like a game, an album,
there are at least, collectively, 100 albums that have been made by /mu/ and [s4s]. And Katawa Shoujo is in the OP you baka.
>>
>>416282
/mu/ is basically responsible for popularising vaporwave
>>
>>416282
>game
>>
>>416169
No they didn't.
>>
>>416284
it's a game you fucker
>>416283
pretty much desu
>>
File: 1397987862220.png (823KB, 1536x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1397987862220.png
823KB, 1536x1482px
>>416277
>>416281
>>
>>416282
Not to mention Taylor Swift is a 4chan user.
>>
>>416094
Pretty much every single creating work held up as a good thing I've found in the past 9 and a half years on 4chan has been a matter of someone doing something on their own accord then a group of people trying to take credit for it being either a group effort, when 99.9% of the actual effort was contained to a single individual or a very small group, done EXTERNAL to 4chan, or people trying to claim that the actual people do did the work in fact didn't do the work and that they both a. stole the work from random anons and b. these people, when they have reached a level of external posterity, that they are only successful because of random people on a various 4chan board.
This same shit happens everywhere: the extreme majority does nothing; rare if ever contributes; gets offended and lashes out when asked to help; takes or attempts to take responsibility for the outcome and/or diminish the role the people who actually did the work.

In fact your entire post is a great example of taking the efforts of individuals, removing them from their work then claiming it as a product of the group.
>The only issue is that most of this stuff isn't done by 4chan as a whole in unity, but rather likeminded people on 4chan doing little projects on their own and working together. But, yeah, there's a lot of shit that 4chan users have done.
This thing is, these are the sorts of people who would do those sorts of things regardless of where they are. It has nothing to do with coming here daily any more than a someone who wrote a best selling novel over years in his lunch hours owes some form of positive influence from the workplace
>4chan users make tons of shit.
Piss off. There is no fucking thing as a "4chan user" because we are anonymous, there are no accounts and threads are purged on a daily/hourly basis. Stop attributing the efforts and positively received creative output of individuals who would be told to fuck off normally and attributing it to the site in general.
>>
>>416060
There is no such thing as a 4channer anymore than there is such thing as a googler. 4chan is an anonymous image board which people read and post on. There is nothing tying us to this site in a definitive manner. The only people who could rightly be called a "4channer" are staff members acting in official representative capacity.

>>416088
>What do you think the OP's picture is then, you fucking troglodyte?
A project put together by a small group of people external to the site. They didn't do their in fucking threads; anons weren't spending hours contributing their programming expertise in the threads nor was the script reviewed and edited, music sheets written up and performed by anons in the threads.

It was a product entirely by the group who made it; they may have frequented a certain board but don't you fucking dare try to credit the board for the success or creation of the product. It would have to have been a mass anonymous group effort for that to be a fair claim, and you know it fucking wasn't. The extreme majority of anons are self entitled little shits who would sooner tell you to go kill yourself before lending actual blood, sweat and tears to a group project.
>>
>>416085
/mu/ has done dozens of albums wtf
>>
>>416095
Aside from the albums, [s4s] has also done multiple film festivals, magazines, newspapers, created websites, written stories, and to this day has a weekly radio show where anons post and Le Radioman comments, usually 3-4 hours in length.

[s4s] is nice board, teeming with OC. you just have to catch them when stuff is actually happening. otherwise it's just spambots and nonsense.
>>
>>416287
It's a visual novel, retarded.
>>
>>416085
Have you been on /mu/?
>Absolute Madness
>Install a Friend
>Dicklick Brigade
>Longer Season
>the diss tracks against Viper
>the countless tribute albums, including the recent Bowie tribute
>>
>>416400
That's true of literally everything though. Hollywood didn't make any movies, Spielberg and his crew did. Microsoft didn't make windows. The Windows team made it. Most of Microsoft is R&D for other crap. Apple didn't make the iPhone, a small team within Apple prototyped and released it.

Nobody ever made a game in the name of TIGSource, but you wouldn't say that TIGSource wasn't integral to the creation of some of those games, would you?

Katawa Shoujo would never have been made had 4chan not existed. The Fine Young Capitalists' shitty ghost game wouldn't have happened if not for /v/.

I guess what I'm saying is that you're not saying anything interesting.
>>
>>416580
>dies tracks against Viper

>Viper disses reddit
>/mu/ starts beefin with him
>???
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Kf0Cft2oM

simpler times
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.