[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /qa/ I'm new to 4chan and needed to know a few things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Holy-infant-so-tender-and-mild.jpg (64KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Holy-infant-so-tender-and-mild.jpg
64KB, 575x1024px
Hello /qa/ I'm new to 4chan and needed to know a few things like what certain terms mean and how to do certain things

So here we go:

1 what are dubs?
2 what are quads/trips?
3 how do I green text?
4 what does kek mean?
5 what does roll mean?
6 what does bump mean?
7 what does it mean when someone says "tips decide..."?
8 What determines a thread going 404?

Pls /qa/help
>>
lurk more
>>
There are a bunch of wikis and sites that document 4chan's history and memes nowadays... and you want us to spoonfeed you. Fucking lurk more, lazy piece of shit.
>>
they really should make a page where frequently asked questions are answered and have a link to it at the bottom of the post form.
>>
File: 1424296078055.jpg (11KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
1424296078055.jpg
11KB, 248x249px
>>414825
>1 what are dubs?
These
>>
lurk moar
>>
>>415438
No, these are.
>>
>>415454
>implying
>>
File: Guardianofforever.png (524KB, 610x447px) Image search: [Google]
Guardianofforever.png
524KB, 610x447px
>>414825
1 repeating digits in the post number
2 repeating digits
3 >
4 it's a snacktime treat in asia
5 post number determines digits used in an infographic
6 bring the thread back to page 0
7 they're either saying "trips decide" and failing or asking for paypal or steam transfers i think.
8 that is one of life's great mysteries but 310 posts help

This fulfills the answer portion of /qa/'s charter.
>>
>>414825
1. dubs is when the last 2 digits of you post number are the same. For example, a post number of >>414822 is a dubs post.

2. quads and trips are versions of dubs, but with more repeating digits. 2 is dubs, 3 is trips, 4 is quads, and 5 is quints.

>3. simply start a line of text with an arrow like the one starting this line

4. kek is a transformation of lol

5. to roll is to reply to a post in hopes of getting a certain post number. For example, someone might post, "roll dubs or an 8 and I will do x." People reply to that post until someone rolls dubs or a 13, and OP will have to do what he they said they would. (Or not, nothing really holds them to their word.)

6. Whenever someone makes a post in a thread, that thread is "bumped" to the top of the board it is on. If you want to reply to a thread without bumping it, type "sage" in the options filed of the reply box. Every thread has a "bump limit." When a thread reaches it's bump limit, it can no longer be bumped to the top, and will eventually be archived.

7. See number 5

8. A thread 404's when it is deleted by mods due to rules being broken in it. You can read the rules at 4chan.org/rules A thread will also be archived if it falls to the bottom of the board and is replaced by a new thread. Archived threads can still be accessed for a while after they are gone, 404'd threads are deleted.

I hope you have a good time here.
>>
>>415457
>spoonfeeding cancer
>>
>>415459
Believe it or not that's what this board is for.
>>
>>415460
This board still doesn't have a specific topic.
>>
>>415462
the topic is questions and answers. The OP presented some questions, we present answers.
>>
>>415464
No mods or admins have ever officially said what is the topic of this board. /qa/ doesn't even have local rules. It was only created because moot wanted to do a final Q&A, that's it. This isn't /wiki/ - We spoonfeed lazy newfags who can't google.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.