[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how new is newfag? I'm seeing people being called a newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 350px-Lioncash08.jpg (21KB, 350x297px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Lioncash08.jpg
21KB, 350x297px
So how new is newfag? I'm seeing people being called a newfag for being on 4chan for only 7 years now.

Is there an exact date where this is the cut off? Were the people telling the 7 year anniversary newfags they were newfags just horsing around?
>>
>>412013
You had to have gotten here in 2004 to not be a newfag,

The oldest of the old oldfags don't call themselves oldfags. The original newfags do.
>>
Newfag is above all, an attitude and a state of mind. The clock doesn't go off and suddenly DING you're an oldfag.
>>
>>412013
Everyone who came to 4chan after 2006 is a newfag but that doesn't mean you have to behave in the same fashion of the autistic hoard. It has more to do with the generation/age which defined this hoard: Americans who grew up in the now standard overly feminised snowflake culture. It is the reason why the site in general went from having abrasive discussion here and there but with an underlying jocularity to a swarm of irrelevant normalfag boards full out outsiders and legacy boards becoming big buzzing hiveminds full of humourless spergs who are unable to allow themselves the vulnerability required of genuine discussion.

It is really only the minority of people who found 4chan after it became mainstream who aren't part of this autistic hoard. Unfortunately their presence is drowned out.
>>
>>412144
>an attitude and a state of mind

This is a myth perpetuated by butthurt newfags tbhfam.
>>
only moot is an oldfag
everyone else is new
>>
>>412015
pretty much this, i've been here since 2006 and consider myself a new/midfag
doesn't help that i post like a fucking retard and everyone assumes i'm either underage or bernd
>>
There is no cut-off.
I have been coming here, now, for over a decade. 2004, on through to today. Even when I cared enough to verify my claims (going back at least Hurricane Katrina), people still call me a newfag, say I'm trying too hard to prove I'm not a newfag and to "go back to Reddit."

It's a snake eating its own tail, THEY DON'T ACTUALLY CARE if you're new or old. The flavor of the day is calling people newfags.
>>
Use newfag's better looking sister, "lurk more"
>>
>>415013
More like older sister.
>>
newfwends are EVERYWHERE
>>
File: 1167420484615.jpg (184KB, 453x799px) Image search: [Google]
1167420484615.jpg
184KB, 453x799px
>>412013
>Is there an exact date where this is the cut off?

If you have to ask then you aren't.

It's not like there's a sekret klub or anything, you just sit and grumble about how things suck now because you remember the fun, forget the suck, and ignore the fact that you've wasted your adult life browsing the asshole of the internet.
>>
>>415658
Who is that guy in the comic supposed to be? I saw this on /v/ a long time ago and someone said that the comic was based off of someone.
>>
File: 1240181193113.jpg (55KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1240181193113.jpg
55KB, 640x512px
>>415668
>>
Pretty hilarious that people try to downplay seven years of 4chan. If you see someone saying that they're just a retard or a troll.
>>
>>412013
Newfag is everyone 2012 and after.
Oldfag is everyone 2006 and before.
2007-2009 is mid-tier old, 2010-2011 is somewhat new but not quite newfag.
>>
>>415672
Mfw i lurked for 5 years before posting
>>
A real cut-off might be when moot added captchas, was it 2012? And maybe also when the built-in extension was added. The time before that was really different.
>>
>>415869
Murklore has never been a valid and correct thing. It's always been a derisive statement. That's really all there is to it.

When they say "Lurk More" what they mean is "I don't want to help you because I'm lazy, malicious, or both." and you should go to the Lurk More Wiki. http://www.lurkmore.com/view/Main_page
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.