[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be honest. At this point: what is 4chan? It's never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (154KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 640x960px
Lets be honest. At this point: what is 4chan?

It's never actually been a meme website we just credit ourselves for everything, idiots pretend that 4chan is some kind of meme-factory which is bs.

It's not really much of a discussion website either though, /v/ /a/ /tv/ /b/ and the bigger boards lack in content the most.

I don't really understand the point of this website anymore. I only come here to be a faggot and see how people react as well as be amused by my low standards in terms of humor.

What is the site to you and why do you come here ?
>>
It's been shit for years now but I can't leave.
>>
What it used to be: a website where computer-literate nerds came to discuss their hobbies and exchange brutally honest critique.

What it is now: it's still a place to discuss hobbies except all of the people who contributed good content have left.
>>
Because I can have an open ended discussion about things I like.
There's also literally nothing better.
>>
>>411931
/a/ really remains the only good board
>>
>>411940
>a website where computer-literate nerds came to discuss their hobbies and exchange brutally honest critique.
It was literally never like this. Never at one point in the history of 4chan.
>>
>>411946
Sure thing, bud.
>>
File: 1443245532625.jpg (150KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1443245532625.jpg
150KB, 750x740px
>>411931
It's an anime website.
>>
>>411957
Even moot admitted so many boards that weren't nerd culture were a mistake
>>
I come here to talk about stuff. The board I go to has much more variety than other sites for similar topics, and most of it is decent discussion. Everyone being anonymous means we kind of start over from scratch every now and then, but that also leads to better consensus, since only decent ("Good" might be too strong of a word, in a lot of cases) ideas actually filter through to later threads.
Other boards also exist, but I don't care about them either way.
>>
File: 1439160334761.png (679KB, 1053x727px) Image search: [Google]
1439160334761.png
679KB, 1053x727px
>>411942
>>
>>411957
this
>>
It's a website that's way past its prime, but people have been complaining about 4chan going downhill since 2004 according to actual oldfag accounts, so I guess you should enjoy it while it's still around.
>>
>>411942
>thinking /a/ is a good board
At least you didn't say /v/.
>>
>>411994
>>
>>411994
imbressive :-DD
>>
>>411936
Give me a form of contact and I'll help you stay off 4chan by keeping you company all the time.

(/qa/ has no set rules so there's nothing that says I can't do /soc/ content here fuck off guys I know I know)
>>
>>411931
>what is 4chan?
A good way to frame this question is to consider that a good chunk of outside world thinks all of 4chan is some hacker lair and/or entirely represented by /b/
>>
File: thumb up.jpg (92KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
thumb up.jpg
92KB, 1366x768px
>>411931
>what is 4chan?
It's supposed to be imageboards but it seems like people don't post images anymore.

>>411994
>>412000 (trips)
>>
>>411931
>some kind of meme-factory

memegenerator.com

I go there.
>>
>>412005
Not that.
>>
>>411946
>has only ever browsed fast boards
Thabks for your pointless input faggot
>>
what is love?
>>
>>411931
>what is 4chan?
A miserable little pile of faggots.
>>
File: What is love.png (10KB, 456x194px) Image search: [Google]
What is love.png
10KB, 456x194px
>>412054
>>
>>411957

>It's an anime website

Fuck off newfag. Weeb shit is irrelevant.
>>
>>411931
You're right about the discussion part. Even on /a/ I come on to see what people think of the latest episode of whateverthefuck and it's just post after post of "hurdur is best girl". Is it always there but it seems to be driving out actual discussion now. It's disappointing.

And when someone makes a thread discussion anime as a medium then they're shat on by the memers who think everything on this site should be shitposting and low quality jokes.
>>
I'm the first poster in this thread that's been here for longer than, say, three months.
>>
>>412119
> Even on /a/ I come on to see what people think of the latest episode of whateverthefuck and it's just post after post of "hurdur is best girl"
Stop making threads for big popular anime then. This is going to happen in general, but if its popular or of a certain nature like yuri or something, its going to intensify.

>And when someone makes a thread discussion anime as a medium then they're shat on by the memers
Meta industry discussion shouldn't be allowed to start as threads as this shit is horrible and the people who actively partake in this discussion are always stupid retards who talk about of their arse.
>>
>>412001
not interested unless you are a femanon
>>
>>412122
>Stop making threads for big popular anime then
It's in every thread for a show this season that has more than 1 girl in it.
>>
>>412130
I did say it happens in general. Stop going into threads for shit shows, harems or shit threads. Its in every thread but the threads I go into never have it consuming the entire thing unless that show is consumed by stupid generalfags
>>
>>411931
go away
>>
>>411931
>mobile user
you're part of the problem
>>
>>412146
What's wrong with mobile?
And what problem does it cause?
>>
>>411946
>It was literally never like this.
It was "literally" created and used for that exact purpose. Long, long before braindead outsiders like >>412104 arrived.
>>
>>412006
Image boards are just text discussion boards with the ability to append an image to your post, for explanatory powers. People like you who use images as a substitute for a lack of ability to communicate like an intelligent human being are part of the reason why the site has become a big mish-mash of shitposting and normalfaggotry.
We have boards specifically for imagedumping- all other boards are for discussion. This is something which seems people have either forgot or the people who are capable of using words to express their individual thoughts are in the extreme far and few in between.
>>
>>412133
So basically what you are saying is that you don't go into threads on /a/ at all, then?
>>
>>411931
It used to be degenerate and pedophile hugbox

Now it's edgier and more fucked up reddit
>>
>>411942
>this is what /a/utists actually believe

Top kek
>>
>>411972
moot was a cuck and a coward, his word doesn't matter
>>
>>412346
hello r/4chan
>>
>>412128
Gross.
>>
>>412238
low SNR
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.