[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would police do if someone announced suicide and they resisted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 539w.jpg (31KB, 539x233px) Image search: [Google]
539w.jpg
31KB, 539x233px
So I want to break this into multiple questions.

If Brad Pitt tweeted "I will commit suicide in 1 week my fans, just wanted to let you know I love you"

Will police kick his door down, beat his face in and throw him in the car so he can get help?

Or maybe if it's not that exaggerated, but let' say I told people that I was going to commit suicide, and since it's illegal they try to throw me in the hospital, and I start resisting. what then?
I run away from the police, will they chase after me?

I get in my car and drive away and say I'm going to commit suicide and there's nothing they can do to stop me.
I'm now breaking the law right now? To what lengths will they go to hunt me down?
Are they willing to shoot me dead if I keep resisting arrest?
>>
>>411757
>Will police kick his door down, beat his face in and throw him in the car so he can get help?

If you express a clear intent to commit suicide, you can be committed to a psychiatric hospital against your will. That doesn't mean you can troll somebody by posting from they're computer, "I'm going to kill myself!" I'm pretty sure the police would just come to your door and ask you if you wrote the post, if you were serious, if you intend to follow through, etc. If you acknowledge that you are serious about the thread, then they'll probably detain you right then and there.

I'm sure this varies from country to country, however. I've only known one person (here in the U.S.) who was detained by police because she made vague statements that suggested she was suicidal. When the police came to her door and she tried to assure them she wasn't suicidal, they detained her anyway. She had to be evaluated by a psychiatric unit, which released her after assessing that she wasn't in fact suicidal.
>>
>>411757
Another off topic shitpost thread
>>
>>411766
the person resists, what do police do if he's resisting, as in holds a knock says stay away, and tries to get in his car to drive away

>>411773
you shitpost.
>>
>>411784
Nice try mod/janitor, but your new tactic isn't going to work
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.