[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasn't the frog meme born on 4chan? How did it come to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg (13KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg
13KB, 227x222px
Wasn't the frog meme born on 4chan? How did it come to be associated with Reddit?
>>
File: ffffuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg (225KB, 625x811px) Image search: [Google]
ffffuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg
225KB, 625x811px
>>411738
Pepe the frog was not born on 4chan. The remixing and modification of Pepe the frog was but the original source material was a comic strip.

Most of these in the picture provided were born on 4chan, though not the Yao Ming vectorization, most of the others were. (It's difficult to remember exactly which ones were and weren't). All of these are now associated with reddit.

"EPIC WIN!" "EPIC FAIL" and the like were born on 4chan. They are now associated with 9gag.

This is nothing new. 4chan used to exist on a much smaller internet. The internet has gotten tremendous and websites that aggregate content now own the content. A single piece of information no longer has any value. While "PEPE THE FROG" may have value, T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg does not, as I can just make infinitely many of them and nobody would ever spend a cent for one of them.

I hope this has cleared some things up for you, Anon. If you'd like me to clarify any of my points or if you'd like to correct me on any of my errors, I'm open to discussion and criticism.
>>
Just because it's from 4chan doesn't mean it's 4chan tier. All these rage comic memes like Trollface and so on comes from 4chan too, but it doesn't mean it's 4chan tier as I said. Kinda like Polandball comes from Krautchan, or Dolan, that comes from Ylilauta, doesn't mean these memes are fitting for these sites, same goes for 4chan.
>>
>>411738
This is where Pepe comes from:

http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Club-1-Matt-Furie/dp/B001MJXDF2
>>
>>411738

The same way any meme becomes associated with Reddit.
Reddit fags come here, see a funny frog, and then start spamming it (often in the wrong context) everywhere in an attempt to get upvotes from other people who do the same thing.

It least it spawned the "poopoopeepee" thing which I at least thought was funny.
That "rare pepe" shit was annoying though.
>>
>>411818
I could have sworn "rare pepe" started on /r9k/.
>>
>>411738
Dumb frogposter
>>
Pepe is getting to the point where it needs to flat out be banned from this site
>>
File: image.png (275KB, 596x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
275KB, 596x505px
>>411852
This
Pepe needs to be banned so there is more room for bananas and associated memes
>>
>>411841
Redditors naturally migrant towards the source of the pepes

Unfortunately they don't leave
>>
File: Scrubs.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubs.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>411880
>>
>>411772
Half of these rage comics faces originated on DeviantArt desu
>>
>>411738
Because fags keep spamming it on boards where it doesn't belong, that is, anywhere other than /b/. The inability -- or unwillingness -- to differentiate /b/ from the rest of 4chan is a redditor trait. (To be fair, it's also a trait of people from other faggy sites, e.g. FB or KYM, but reddit is the biggest offender.)
>>
The fat cats at reddit like to steal memes from good honest hard working meme creators at 4chan and harvest them for internet points until they are beaten to death
>>
4chan loves Scotsmen. You're right, we should drop the pretense and directly state that frogs are a symbol of the >tfwnogf idiots.
>>
>>411738
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>411738
When will baka desu senpai be appropriated?
>>
>>411738
It's more like Tumblr
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.