[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You have been banned from /tg/ for posting >>>/tg/44754357,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 88268_620_126.jpg (172KB, 400x537px) Image search: [Google]
88268_620_126.jpg
172KB, 400x537px
>You have been banned from /tg/ for posting >>>/tg/44754357, a violation of Rule 1:

>Off-topic; all images and discussion should pertain traditional games such as board games, paper games, war games, and card games.

Quests are not
-board games (the rule specifically refers to stuff like Catan or even Monoploy)
-paper games (they don't even have rules beyond "get a lot of votes" in most cases)
-war games (no strategy or tactical maps)
-card games (don't use cards)

When will Quests get their own containment board?
>>
>>411351
That is /tg/ dipshit.
>>
>>411351

It says "such as". Those games are also roleplaying games. Quests and forum games have existed on the internet for a long time, way before 4chan was even a thing and traditional games is their niche. The problem is that they've become so popular they flood out other stuff.

But then we should just make an appeal to Hiro to make a forum games board where stuff like Risk threads, Quest threads, etc., can have a place. And they could use a /vg/ like template given the amount of posts they get and the space needed for them.

But you do need to calm down and make reasoned points and offering solution rather than just going 'REMOVE THIS' and draw unwanted attention from trolls who will use your anger to further fuel quest threads to piss you off. It's not like this shit hasn't happened before. Discussing Star Wars lore and other shit at one point was banned, but the mod and the community worked together and decided that lore is fine, as long as we keep it /tg/ related. So can we actually act like adults and a community rather than this borderline shitposting complaint form?
>>
File: commander keen rule.gif (10KB, 334x646px) Image search: [Google]
commander keen rule.gif
10KB, 334x646px
>>411364

As an addendum, look at this picture. The unofficial Commander Keen rule. This is a rule that the community chose to have and the whoever moderates /tg/ the most lets it stand. Why? Because most of /tg/ are adults. We never abused shit to the point where this leeway had to be taken away from us, it's even necessary to a degree given /tg/ also discusses homebrews and settings. It's essential to creativity and everything that makes /tg/ the great board that it is.

So, really, don't let /tg/ be the center of some shitposting storm because you're sick of quest threads. This is /tg/ and we're meant to get shit done, not bicker like a bunch of little fucking girls. I know the mods tend to not give a fuck or post, but I can see why since if they did 900 retards would rush in and go MODS and act like a fool. You put the idea out there, good. Now we should use the feedback feature or use this thread to work out a solution and then somehow submit it to the mods or Hiro. That's all that needs to be done.

Now, let's compromise and work out a solution. Maybe the people who like quests and the people who want them gone can both come to this thread and discuss things like reasonable adults. Ignore the shitposters, ignore the trolls, come up with reasonable solutions to the problem rather than expecting mere complaints to fix things, and act like the adults you are, you fucking bickering bitches.
>>
Quest threads have already come way down from what they were like in 2011. And they almost universally put the easily filterable "quest" in the subject line. You have the tools to filter them away. They don't take up much of the board (Remember, 150 is the max number of threads, and page 1 is not the entire board). If you were complaining about them 5 years ago when they took up almost a third of the board, you might have had a point. Now, they hover around or below 10% of the board at any given time. They are not a problem. Shitty metathreads are worse, because nobody likes those and they contribute less than nothing to the board as a whole.
>>
>>411351
Keep up the good fight, bro'. Moot was a retard and correcting his mistake is overdue.
>>
>>411351
>tfw /a/ got Naruto banned because "it brings in crossboarders"
>tfw /tg/ is not allowed to dislike Quests even though it brings in crossboarders

You want to know what killed /tg/? It was Quests.

/tg/ is two completely separate userbases. Questfags don't like Traditional Games, and Traditional Games guys hate Quests (which are nearly always anime fanfics.)

>but it doesn't take up much space....

At any time there can be upwards of 40 Quests on the board, not counting their general. Furthermore, going through the archives, an anon counted the total number of Quest threads vs the amount of non-Quest threads on /tg/.

For the last few years, the total number of Quests has increased, while both the total number of non-Quests and threads in general have dropped.

Quest threads are literally killing the board. They're driving everything else out, and the mods just babysit them.
>>
>>411375
>As an addendum, look at this picture. The unofficial Commander Keen rule. This is a rule that the community chose to have and the whoever moderates /tg/ the most lets it stand. Why? Because most of /tg/ are adults. We never abused shit to the point where this leeway had to be taken away from us, it's even necessary to a degree given /tg/ also discusses homebrews and settings. It's essential to creativity and everything that makes /tg/ the great board that it is.

>Now, let's compromise and work out a solution. Maybe the people who like quests and the people who want them gone can both come to this thread and discuss things like reasonable adults
But what about the Weekend Smut Threads?
They were tolerated up to the point shitposting trolls went on spam raids to get them auto-sage filtered and deleted by the Moderators on sight.
>>
>>411375
>/tg
>getting shit done

People still unironically believe this meme?
>>
>>411375
The Commander Keen rule hasn't existed since the Nazimod era.

Now any kind of creative or homebrew thread tends to get spammed to death. The only threads that are alive on /tg/ are generals and Quests.

It's over. /tg/ is dead. I stopped using that shit board a year ago and never looked back.
>>
A friendly reminder than /fg/ - Forum Games would be a really great board.
>>
>>411643
Jesus... Permabanning the "How is this /tg/ related?" and other wannabee board police retards would make the board so much better again...
>>
>>411351
Meta discussion is never on topic unless it's a meta discussion board.
>>
>>411549
>40 quests on the board
On a Saturday night during the summer of 2011, maybe.
>>
"My meta thread was a board game, paper game, war game, or card game!" -OP, while on a psychedelic drug bender fueled by Slaanesh
>>
>>411549
>Questfags don't like Traditional Games, and Traditional Games guys hate Quests
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
I used to frequent /tg/ a few years ago when it was almost entirely discussions about tabletop games - rules, announcements, etc. Then here came this sudden influx of "Pokemon Quest General" and other /soc/-tier content oversaturating the board. Trying to have a discussion about anything else has become almost impossible, either because your thread doesn't remain on the first page long enough to garner any attention, or the non-quest posters have driven everybody else off the board. I myself stopped lurking sometime ago and haven't been back to /tg/ since.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but it would probably make sense to split the boards at this point. /tg/ gets enough traffic that two individual boards would have an appropriate number of users to justify the split.

To voice a note of minor caution, though: Don't let the userbase try to force board game traffic into a single thread. This was a problem with /tg/ in the past. Try to start a thread about board games and the only replies you'd get were shitposters deferring you to "Board Games General" and telling you to stay there.
>>
>>411549
>/a/ got Naruto banned

Huh? Since when? The last thing I heard about it was moot nuking the entire board as a big "fuck you" to all naruto haters, and then making a sticky about naruto being an anime, therefore, allowed into /a/.

Mind you, I dislike naruto as well.
>>
>>411923
Naruto threads have been deleted on sight for quite some time until they crept back in when the manga ended.
>>
>Leaf Ninja Quest #53
>Assassin School Quest 66
>Totemist Quest 72
>Dog Days Quest Episode 88
>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #658

This shit has got to stop.
>>
>>412589
Thanks for your insightful and convincing post.
>>
>>411626
It was somewhat true, a long time ago...
>>
>>412589
That's what we've been saying for years...
>>
>>414496
But you're a whiny minority with entitlement problems, so nobody cares.
>>
>>414499
He says, while caring enough to answer.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.