[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw neo-/v/ thinks weeb/weeaboo means anything related to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: .....jpg (30KB, 293x463px) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
30KB, 293x463px
>mfw neo-/v/ thinks weeb/weeaboo means anything related to Japan
>mfw they call even Japanese people "weeb"

Honestly, it would be better if moot didn't filter "wapanese" into that at all. At least it wouldn't come down to that level of retardation. What if we filtered "weeb/weeaboo" into "wapanese" again? I think that would be worth trying it out.
>>
>mad weeaboo

You are so hilariously easy to get triggerd, people won't stop using it.
>>
So instead of /v/ calling everything weeb, it will call everything wapanese?

What do you expect that to do?
>>
>>410635
>hurr durr I was just pretending to retarded

>>410637
They'll realize it sounds retarded in most of the context it's used and start using it more correctly I believe.
>>
>>410634
We should filter weeaboo BACK to waponese. That would be hilarious.
>>
>>410641
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.
>>
>>410634
back to /r/anime
>>
Better yet, #banime
Anime is just obscene child photography, and it also promotes degenerate lifestyles
Honestly, without anime, civilization would be much more ready for Jesus to return
>>
>>410634
The notion that saying even one thing that's positive about Japan can make you a weeaboo is not new to Neo-/v/. It's newer than the original /v/ was.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Rules_of_the_Internet

Archival footage of ancient pages saying the notion

>44. Even one positive comment about Japanese things can make you a weeaboo

This is listed BEFORE

>45. When one sees a lion, one must get into the car.

Which is an absolutely ancient meme from 2005. Ten years ago.

This isn't new, and this isn't "Recently it's becoming more of a problem" either. This is a constant and it is never going away.

Now is not the time to start fixing it. Yesterday wasn't, nor will tomorrow.

Some people are going to dislike you ad if you ban the words they use to deride you, they will invent new ones. The onus is on you to modify your approach and shield your thoughts. You must become self reliant and shielded from the mistreatment of others. Your self worth can't come from others. Self worth must be worth that comes from the self.

Good luck, Anon. I wish you the best and I hope that you will be less receptive to unkind words in the future.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story
>>
>>410650
jesus would have loved dragon ball.
>>
>>410652
My apologies. I should have proofread my post harder. I meant "It's OLDER than the original /v/ was." Please disregard that error. Thank you.
>>
>>410652
If it says "weeaboo" then it means this was AFTER the filter was implemented. Nice job missing the point of the thread. I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously anyway. The idiots on /v/ mean what they're saying, since even Japanese people are called "weeb" there. Filtering "weeaboo" back into "wapanese" would at least prevent those type of misuses of the term.
>>
>>410669
And by the way, I searched a bit and found out that this list of "rules" dates back to mid-late 2007, not as early as you were saying.
>>
>>410634
protip: it isn't just /v/
>>
>>410681
this is what /v/ actually believes
>>
>>410669
When do you think the wordfilter was put onto 4chan, pray tell? Was it before or after 2005?
>>
>>410634
>weeb/weeaboo means anything related to Japan
I never see people calling MGS, Silent Hill or Suda games weeb
>>
>>410675
They date to 2006.
>>
>>410683
Don't really know, but this list of "rules" you posted is from 2007, not 2005. And it says only 18 rules existed at first, so the part involving the term "weeaboo" might've been added much later.
>>
>>410687
Okay.

Does any of this invalidate the point about strengthening yourself?
>>
>>410684

You're not looking hard enough.

>>410686
There were many different versions of those rules. It doesn't mean anything.

>>410689
I don't get "triggered" by the term or anything, mate. Fuck off with your projection. It's more about the retards using it completely wrong. "weeaboo" and "wapanese" are supposed to mean the same thing, yet there would be much less room for misuse if the later took place of the former.
>>
>>410693
Nobody used the word "triggered" except you. You're reading into my words things that I'm not saying. I concede that I did the same to you and that was unkind.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.