[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/ has lost itself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 19

File: sni.png (176KB, 875x331px) Image search: [Google]
sni.png
176KB, 875x331px
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136043209/

Why was my perfectly reasonable thread on /a/ deleted?

This is the problem I have with /a/. You really aren't allowed to express certain opinions there without risking being moderated by someone with an agenda. It wasn't trolling. It wasn't horribly though out. It's an opening post meant to generate discussion about anime on a deeper level than "would you lick her feet?" And it did. There were some dubs/roulette trolls who tried to derail the thread (and whose post should have been deleted), but instead the whole thread was deleted, which is unacceptable.

In my opinion this reflects the primary reason /a/ has declined. Moderators on /a/ have way too much power, too much discretion. It's a worse problem than it seems in part because on /a/ there are a vocal group of people who celebrate the exclusion of opinions or groups that upset them (they are likely to show up in this thread and accuse me of being a newfag or something), some people leave after they see how bad things get, and many just don't care because their posting unaffected. But to someone like me who is very opinionated and spent years of my life on /a/ arguing shit, it's really concerning to see an internet home of mine become what it has.

5+ years ago you had blatant troll threads that would stay up without a hitch, and I miss those days, since at least you got interesting discussion out of them and it was a relative free marketplace of ideas. The trend now (and /a/ has been moving this way for years) is for mods to delete threads that they feel provoke /a/ orthodoxy. I feel as if current /a/ mods tend to be people who started posting back in 2011 or so, who internalized many of the complaints of some of the vocal groups, and once they ascended to power used it to mold /a/ in that group's image.
>>
Yes, quoting myself:

> I feel as if current /a/ mods tend to be people who started posting back in 2011

This is actually reflected in the creation of /wsr/. This is a board really made solely because over the last 5 years or so years some groups on /a/ have been obsessed with the idea that recommendation threads were the worst thing imaginable to be allowed on /a/, that they let in a breed of folk that don't belong at all.

Of course this baffles someone like me, who started posting on /a/ back in 2007 and whose first thread was a rec thread. Back then, recommendation threads weren't considered so bad. A mild annoyance at the most. It's why we started crafting recommendation images and copypasta. But somewhere down the line (this started probably in the latter part of 2010) some people started complaining hard and convinced a large part of /a/ that recommendation threads were The Worst. I think that this was largely newer people trying to fit in and trying to grab whatever they could to feel superior to "The Newfags," but whatever, it worked.

They complained so hard that not only was it the case that recommendation threads were bad and causing ruin to /a/, /a/ had ALWAYS hated recommendation threads. Anyway, it used to be for awhile /a/ engaged in "self-moderation," and just started spamming the threads or telling people to fuck off. I don't know an exact year but this was a thing for a few years after 2010. Then you saw moderators started deleting the threads outright and validating this group who decided to impose their will on /a/. Those same moderators likely lobbied the super moderators to make /wsr/.
>>
/a/ is a hugbox. When they see something they don't like they just derail the thread and cover their ears like tumblrinas.

Not even /tv/ and /v/ do that, it's a total shithole with not even the humility to admit it.
>>
>>409628
No one cares. /a/ is for talking about anime and manga, not bitching about your problems
>>
>>409628
Your thread was either made specifically to upset people or you're too stupid to realize that it would upset people.

If your thread weren't deleted by the admins, it would soon be deleted within a couple of hours by the way the site functions.

Were you banned?
>>
>>409636
/wsr/ is a paradise. Spend 10 minutes over there and try not to touch anything. Look at how happy everybody is. Doesn't their happiness upset you?
>>
>>409648
Exactly. I don't know of any other board around that engages in this kind of behavior, but /a/ is really the only board given the kind of special treatment that would validate it. /jp/ (which was just full of /a/ expats) used to be this way as well before it became general central and just boring for everyone.
>>
>>409659
/jp/ isn't that boring honestly. It has some decent threads. /a/ gets good treatment because /a/ actually reports shitposting, something /v/ seemingly can't do
>>
>>409649
Yea, talking about anime and manga, which is exactly what was being done. Possibly you don't like the context that anime and manga was being discussed. The response to that is supposed to be "too bad." A vocal minority shouldn't be deciding the parameters upon which anime should be discussed, based on their own set of biases and insecurities.
>>
>>409654
My thread was to generate discussion, generate discussion based upon my frustration with the quality of some kinds of anime. I expect it to upset people in the same way I expect any opinion to upset people. Unless you're blatantly trolling, all is acceptable. Being provocative happens all the time. You can, for instance, generally post about a specific anime in a provocative way, as long as it's within a context that doesn't upset /a/ orthodoxy. For instance, a thread saying Eva is the worst anime you've ever seen because all the characters annoyed you and and it was monster of the week for 3/4 isn't likely to be banned, even though it's going to upset a lot of people.

4chan enables anyone to have an opinion on anything. That is supposed to be the point. You can't have that while simultaneously trying to protect the feelings of sensitive people. Nobody comes here for echo chamber hugboxes.

No, I was not banned. And a thread being pruned is fundamentally different from a thread being deleted by a moderator.
>>
>>409657
I don't like the idea of /wsr/ or why it was made. It was made to placate a group of people who feel they own 4chan and that they have the right to raise hell if things aren't going their way. Moreover, I feel as though recommendation-type threads SHOULD be on their own boards. It only makes sense. The anime, music, technology, video game, etc. experts are going to be on the boards related to those topics, not hanging around a recommendation board. Creating that just makes it more difficult for people to get their answers and it deprives a board of the ability to refine their own consensus. /g/, for instance, has had plenty of threads arguing over which programming language people should get started with, and it's helped a lot of people out eventually. You lose that when you force clueless people into a ghetto where the likelihood of other clueless people responding to them without argument from someone more knowledgeable increases. I've never been convinced recommendation threads pose a serious threat to a board. It is irrational paranoia that's never been substantiated by anything but conjecture.
>>
everyone not op status: trolled
>>
>>409628
Because your post is typed up like a blog, your post formatting should get you killed, people reported it and to top it off, to the mod who only skims it, it'll only look like you are a stupid /v/ermin complaining about 'moeshit'
>>
>>409660
I mean, I guess if you are interested in one of the super niche topics it discussed it won't be that boring, but whatever. Not only is it boring but it really has no purpose anymore. It's lost it (and as far as I'm concerned it should have never been created) with the creation of the new boards over the years.
>>
>>409682
It was meant to be a containment board for Touhou's, Light Novels, and Visual Novels. VN's are mostly on /vg/ now though
>>
>>409668
Do you think those remaining 40 posts would have made any real difference?
>>
>>409668
>generate discussion based upon my frustration with the quality of some kinds of anime.
Meta discussion on things like the industry shouldn't be allowed because it's stupid as hell and always bad
>>
>>409668
>Nobody comes here for echo chamber hugboxes.

Nobody? Nobody, huh?
>>
>>409660
If "shitposting" is just "posts I don't like," it is meaningless. Apparently /v/ has a much better culture when it comes to the freedom to express opinion.

>>409680
There was absolutely nothing wrong with how I formatted my post. It was an opinion piece.

If a mod is only skimming a post that in itself is a problem. And if someone wants to complain about "moeshit," there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to unless it's mindless trolling. The fact that some people get upset about it doesn't justify censoring an opinion. I spent years on /a/ arguing against such people, and I'm not going to say they shouldn't be allowed to express it. Ridiculous.
>>
>>409689
Which 40 posts?
>>
>>409680

>/v/ and moeshit brought up out of nowhere

It's an /a/utist alright.
>>
>>409695
>There was absolutely nothing wrong with how I formatted my post
No

Typing

This

Should

Get

You
Fucking

Killed

>And if someone wants to complain about "moeshit," there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to unless it's mindless trolling
Complaining about 'moeshit' isn't trolling, it's low effort baiting. It's shitposting and gets banned for being garbage. No one is getting upset, they report it for being garbage and the mods remove it because its garbage. There has never been any reason to allow garbage and /v/ is the perfect example of what happens when you allow that garbage to run free
>>
>>409698
The ones that weren't made because the thread was deleted.
>>
>>409703
Yeah, but it doesn't mean you're posting like a blog. 4chan invented something much worse:

TYPING LIKE THIS
Y
P
I
N
G

L
I
K
E

T
H
I
S
>>
>>409690
That's your opinion, and not a very good one. It promotes stagnant, boring content that doesn't acknowledge the many dimensions there can be to anime discussion. Further, it's despotic, as you're essentially saying that something shouldn't be allowed to be expressed because you don't like it.The idea that animesuki or ANN could be more expansive in the contexts within which they allow anime to be discussed than 4chan isn't something to be proud of.
>>
>>409680
Holy shit, look at this raging autist lmao
>>
>>409692
You're right, some do, and that's the problem. Such people shouldn't be placated. 4chan is supposed to be a place where you can express any opinion and if people want to yell at you, so what. That shouldn't be the basis for disallowing a certain topic, ever.
>>
>>409680
>>409703
>getting this butthurt over minor bullshit
/a/utists are the masters of splitting hairs, you can make a genuinely good point in a post and everyone will sperg out over one small detail, incredible.
>>
>>409706
No, the blog was your choice of words and how you started it with 3dpd shit. I'm not saying I'm upset with the post, but it's fucking easy to tell why it was deleted if you actually browse the board
>>
File: fesh.jpg (32KB, 982x720px) Image search: [Google]
fesh.jpg
32KB, 982x720px
>>409703

>/a/ doesn't know what a paragraph is
>>
>>409718
Last I checked, a paragraph isn't meant to be just two sentences
>>
>>409628
You made a thread asking why cartoons are so goofy. Just fuck off, you think you're smarter than people who have seen years of these type of threads.
>>
>>409703
That isn't blog-style. The impulse to post that way is on every online community. Even more, this isn't formal writing. Putting your post into bite-sized paragraphs makes it easier to read, especially since everyone on the internet has an attention deficit and is scared of things with more than five lines. It also makes it easier to write.

Complaining about anything, provided that it is on-topic, is perfectly acceptable. Merely complaining is NOT grounds for banning. You, nor any posters, nor the mods, should be the judge of what kinds of opinions people can post.

What you're saying is that /v/ is in a bad way because people can freely express themselves without fear of their posts being deleted. That is wrong. Almost all of /v/'s issues are a symptom of its topic being so expansive in terms of demographics which makes it unmanageably large. I actually don't have much of a problem with /v/. They talk about video games now. 6 years ago half the board was off-topic.
>>
>>409722
A paragraph is how long you want it to be. I mean look at this post, it's a paragraph right now.
>>
>>409724
>fuck off if you make actually challenging threads

Typical brainwashed waifutard
>>
>>409704
That's really not relevant, since that wouldn't be a justification for banning a thread.

But yes, they would have. I wasn't permitted to post any of my responses. I had to leave for an hour, got back, started typing up my post, and the thread is deleted in the middle of that. I didn't have a chance to facilitate the discussion further, refine my points, and express other things. It could have been a very productive, but at the very least stimulating, thread.
>>
>>409728
I don't agree with the opinion expressed in your thread but the anon saying "hurdur its because of da format" is a retard. Ignore him. If his autism is triggered by formatting style then he isn't worth anyone's time.
>>
File: >muh bastion of free speech.png (17KB, 952x179px) Image search: [Google]
>muh bastion of free speech.png
17KB, 952x179px
>>409727
A good portion of your post sums up to
>4chan allows all opinions and free speech
Which is not the case
>>
>>409729
Look, if I made a thread asking why scooby doo isn't more like real life no one would take me seriously. You got BTFO because you act as if we don't know that anime is silly. Even the image example, as i said in the thread itself, is a goof. You're the tard for even remotely thinking it's meant to mirror real life.
>>
>>409734
I'm not even OP you brain damaged cum slurper
>>
>>409735
But you're defending him, you mong.
>>
>>409733
I'm actually expressing what I feel the ideal is, not what 4chan necessarily is. Though for what 4chan is, banning people based on opinion has never been acceptable. Certain topics get banned (often for nonsense reasons), but shutting out one whole point of view has never been a policy. 4chan has always been a place where you can express opinions provided they aren't off-topic or blatant trolling.

moot maintained that you couldn't say anything you wanted (even the rules have things that violate strict libertarian free speech principles), but he also maintained that vocal complainers shouldn't be dictating content and that he wasn't going to submit to them. Whatever, moot's not here anymore. His opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>409703
>stop using big words and paragraph structure! it's interfering with my consumption of funny epic meme-bites!

You're on 4chan, not twitter.
>>
>>409746
There. is. a. difference. between. decent paragraph. structure.

and. typing.

like. a.

annoying. retard. for.

no. fucking.

reason.

Reading big blobs of text is 10x easier and less annoying then formatting your post like that. That's the sort of shit you'd do on twitter or social media, not actual proper fucking paragraphs
>>
>>409752
Except his posts don't look like this at all, they're quite readable. The only annoying retard typing like an annoying retard for no fucking reason here is you.
>>
>>409754
Anon, look at the OP image again. That's exactly what he did
>>
>>409740
Your expression of the ideal could be realized if you got off of 4chan and made your own chan.
>>
>>409756
He could have added a line or two to each paragraph but I have no difficulty reading that. Looks much cleaner and better organized than a blob of shit half-assedly vomited on the page.
>>
Let's cuck.
>>
/a/ has the most idiotic moderators on 4chan hands down.

They need to be replaced as soon as possible.
>>
>>409767
Actually it has the best believe it or not
>>
>>409752
>>409756
Clearly you don't know what paragraph structure is. You're making it look like English isn't your first language.

You have a problem with one-sentence paragraphs. That is your problem. It is not a problem with my writing which is consistent with informal and even formal styles of.What you would notice if you looked at the content is that each paragraph contains its own idea. That is all that is necessary for legitimate paragraphing.

This has been your English lesson for the day.
>>
>>409777
It doesn't. It probably has the greatest proportion of users who've been on 4chan awhile, but that does not a good community make. The perception that /a/ is representative of "true 4chan" actually just breeds undue elitism, conservatism, and entitlement, an example of I gave in my second post in this thread.

You're going to have to go to boards like /sci/ and /lit/ to find the best communities. Generally mellow userbases which, even though they have their problems, aren't too far up their own ass. Not surprising since they are probably the most intelligent boards.
>>
>>409802
>The perception that /a/ is representative of "true 4chan" actually just breeds undue elitism, conservatism, and entitlement, an example of I gave in my second post in this thread.
I'll take that anyway over what /v/ and /tv/ and many other boards have become

Also

>You're going to have to go to boards like /sci/ and /lit/ to find the best communities
You're joking right? /lit/ is getting shitposted hard, and /sci/ is a joke in itself
>>
>>409804
Why do you think /a/ is a good community, or better than other communities on 4chan?

All boards get "shitposted." Clearly /sci/ and /lit/ have some of the best signal-to-noise ratios on the site. This is partially because of their relatively low activities and partially because their content is difficult to penetrate.
>>
>>409661
>which is exactly what was being done
It wasn't, newfag
>>
I remember when /q/ was full of people like OP complaining about their blogshit threads on /a/ getting deleted
>>
>>409628
>I started a very smart topic guys look how smart i am
The thing is a thread like yours have popped up all the time and get a decent bit of discussion. If you weren't such a newfag you woul've seen it.
>>
>>409842
I didn't imply I was treading completely new territory. I don't need to in order for me to create productive/discussion. More importantly, I don't need to in order to not have my thread deleted, exemplified by the average kind of topic on /a/.
>>
>>409628
You were obviously trying to bait people into a response instead of looking for actual discussion. There's a plethora of rules you agreed to and I'm glad the mods are actually enforcing them.
>>
>>409628
It's not that you are wrong about anime. /a/ doesn't like to hear proper criticism, and the discussion in that thread probably wasn't about anime. So, thread deletion was bound to happen eventually.
>>
>>409659
>/jp/
>given special treatment

Uhhh, you for reals?
>>
>>409628
>perfectly reasonable
That thread looks largely like it only exists to make fun of /a/ and other anime fans for being socially unacceptable 35-year-old virgins.

>>410095
In the old days /jp/ didn't have real rules, and the userbase had a lot of leeway to sink threads they didn't like with hilariously aggressive posts and copypasta.
>>
>>410095
Not him but it's true. It's honestly still true, there's a mod that hangs around his favorite threads and hits you with an allboards ban if you even think of discussing something he doesn't want you to discuss.
>>
>>410088
Oh, he is most certainly wrong about anime.
>>
>>410119
I hope you're not the guy who complains about his life in AKB General.
>>
>>410121
No, I hate 3D women. I'm from the VN generals.
>>
>>409628
Seems reasonable to me. You can't not be allowed to criticize tropes on a board all about discussing the medium. I guess maybe they feel like allowing these threads is a slippery slope to something else?
>>
>>409628
/a/ is shit.
They have 300 replies One Piece of Shit and Chloride Bleach threads, yet, if you make a Naruto thread, it gets deleted within 10 mins.

I would understand if someone was pushing Western Threads like Avatar or some other /co/ shit, but Naruto was born and raised in Japan.

/a/ can self implode for all i care.
>>
>>410159
The only people who want to talk about naruto are stupid fucking retards. They are banned and shitposted because allowing them allow encourages other retards to post. Thanks to moot, they are allowed anyway. But have heavy restrictions on their garbage creation
>>
>>410159
Tell me what you'd like to discuss about Naruto that's so important.
>>
>>410166
Most anime is shit, you are just 12 year olds throwing tantrum at things you don't like.

The only difference here, is that there are enough 12 year old to control the majority.
>>
>>410207
There is a difference between garbage and shit that brings in retard normalfags in. Naruto is the later
>>
>>409715
That isn't splitting hairs, it's purposely focusing on irrelevancy in order to avoid addressing things they can't address. It is more to do with the extreme insecurity and narcissism of the sort of post-2007 people who flooded into /a/ and formed high antagonistic and protective hiveminds to shelter them from having to conduct conversation in a normal manner, which involves exposing oneself to scrutiny, possible embarrassment and worst of all: that your worldview which has been interleaved with the ego, may not be as universal and black and white as it appears inside of an echo chamber.

If you take someone to task and reasonably address something offensively irrational which has been stated as an absolute fact, 9/10 times it will result in the person freaking out, throwing out insults/calling you an autist; samefagging you with petty flamebaiting; and all in all disregarding everything brought up in the same manner a religious person often flips shit when their beliefs are questions.
>>
>>410176
You don't get to judge that, fuck nugget.
The entire point of /a/ is so people can freely discuss ANIME and MANGA.

Newflash: whether you like it or not, ナルト falls into BOTH. It has more relevancy to the board than seiyuu threads, DJT threads, sales threads, etc. All of these threads which are far better suited to other boards yet they are protected by the mods. This is a prime example of exactly what is wrong with /a/. It's one big system of hiveminds/generals.
>>
>>410159
>yet, if you make a Naruto thread, it gets deleted within 10 mins.
Somebody call the time cops, we've got a lost person from 2012.
>>
>>409756
>>409752
>>409722
>>409706
>>409703
>>409690
>>409680

Listen up you retarded CUNT. You should end your sentences with a punctuation mark. Every damn post you've written is the same. No punctuation mark (.) after the last sentence.
>>
>>410254
>>410225
Good to see there are more people realizing and can articulate how fucking garbage /a/ has become.
>>
>>410258
I hate that too. Lowercase posters aren't even the problem. It's these "chillposting" fucks who think it's cool to leave a thought incomplete.
>>
I couldn't care less about your shitty thread getting deleted, but it seems the mod who deletes/autosages loli and fetish threads is back and this is a huge problem. We should start contacting Hiro about it.
>>
>>410315
You mean threads that belong /b/, /h/, /d/, and /e/?
>>
>>410315
Fucking really? Don't these fucking mods get that what they do goes against what Hiro has said?
>>
>>410329
They do it pretty stealthly as to not attract much attention. This thread was autosaged near the bump limit for example: https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136034795/ I don't think many people noticed it until it was too late.

Only way is to keep messaging Hiro about it whenever it occurs so he keeps a leash on them.
>>
>>409628
Holy shit lmao I had no idea you could trigger /a/ this easy. Regarding your thread OP, I have the impression that maybe the mods deleted it for all the shitposting and not so much about your topic. Or at least I'd like to believe that's the reason, otherwise it would comfirm the mods too are kissless virgins.
>>
>>410332
He's been off twitter since the 5th. The problem I feel is that the mods were used to running rampant because moot wasn't using the site that much, and moot let them get away with things. They think they can still do that when Hiro isn't looking
>>
>>409628
It seems to me that the thread got deleted because people started posting loli porn.
>>
File: Selection_091.png (20KB, 955x213px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_091.png
20KB, 955x213px
>>410258
Hey! Mine didn't call for one. I used a colon.
>>
>>409628
>why isn't romcom anime realistic

Christ almighty OP, even live action romcom movies and TV shows aren't realistic, and yet you expect it from fucking nip cartoons that pander to turboneets.
>>
>>410159
>poorly written posts with bad grammar
>greentext misuse
>blogging
>facebook and tumblr pictures
>emoticons
>epic reddit memes
This is the average Naruto thread.
>>
>>410442
I don't think OP's complaint was that it was unrealistic, his compaint was that it was "cringeworthy". There's unrealistic and then there's being so batshit oblivious about social interactions that your characters can't function beyond the one dimensional espectrum of their character archetypes.
>>
>>410512
Exactly.
>>
>In my opinion this reflects the primary reason /a/ has declined. Moderators on /a/ have way too much power, too much discretion.
I've been looking at /a/ recently and my diagnosis is a lack of moderation. Shitposting and low quality threads as far as the eye can see.

>>409729
>challenging thread
There's nothing challenging about completely misunderstanding the nature of anime, people do it all the time.
>>
>>410532
Most guys on /a/ self moderate. It's not all shitposting, and unlike most boards the ones that care about /a/ will never leave
>>
>>410532
You're complaining about moderators not making /a/ a personal utopia of yours. I'm complaining about moderators abusing their power to make it their own utopia.

If you want to talk about low-quality threads, let's talk about the waifu/fetish type stuff that has been synonymous with /a/ since forever. It's all garbage by any reasonable measure--it's not stimulating, doesn't contribute to or generate any kind of discourse--yet it takes up a very large percentage of the board's content. You take a board like /tv/, moderators there actually stepped up and nipped that kind of content in the bud. It still happens, yes, but it's not sanctioned by the moderators and things will be dealt with if they get out of hand. It's the opposite on /a/. These kinds of threads are so ingrained into board culture they're considered sacrosanct. Not only that, but people wrongly feel they're productively contributing to /a/ by posting and creating such threads.

Sure, /a/ is not for exclusively serious posting, and I'm not advocating that such threads be outright banned (though pure imagedump-type threads should be quarantined to /c/ and the porn boards). They add a dimension to /a/ culture that is valuable to the board's personality. The problem is they're junk food, and too much junk food is unhealthy. /a/ is dumber than it should be because of the prevalence of such threads.

>There's nothing challenging about completely misunderstanding the nature of anime,
Yes, because anime is this ultra-complicated entity whose nature can only be analyzed by our most preeminent scholars: NEETs who jack off to cartoon girls of suspect age.

I understand anime just fine, and even if I were wrong, that thread presented the opportunity to show me why. There's the challenge--that you're being encouraged to think a bit rather than stay on autopilot and post that red has bigger breasts than blue.
>>
>>409628
You made a bait thread and it got deleted. Sounds like good moderation to me.
>>
>>410532
>There's nothing challenging about completely misunderstanding the nature of anime, people do it all the time.
So anime is shit and can only be watched ironically? I can get behind that.
>>
>>410320
But it's OK when /a/ does it.
>>
>>410258
>>410314
HOLY FUCK hang yourself you autist
>>
>>409648
Most of that is usually just someone detecting newfag and calling them out, that includes streamfags, recc thread, vlc/tumblr pics(though they don't get called out much anymore) and someone generally not understanding/knowing things one browsing that board should know or baiting, there's reason for lurk more and it keeps the people who watched sub 25 animes from /tv/, /r9k/, /k/, /v/, who just want to write about anime, just because they just saw one, away.

Still, it's possible that some behaviour is idiotic, but I could actually comment precisely if you gave an actual situation on /a/, which you find unacceptable
>>
>>410633
*Holy fuck! Hang yourself, you autist.
>>
>>410633
FUCK YOU. You complain about formatting, but you can't bother to end your sentences with a punctuation mark. Every damn post you've written is the same. No punctuation mark (.) after the last sentence.
Please die. I've seen you in other threads too, complaining about the same thing. I'll be watching you.

>>410380
Sorry about that.
>>
That's not a reasonable thread, it's stupid b8. I'm glad we have mods pruning troll threads like that. It's on par with posting "most video games are for manchildren" in /v/ - disguising it as concern for the genre doesn't make it better.

If the idea behind the thread was genuine, you're a colossal faggot. However, you would have been much better served by actually talking about which anime you think are unrealistic and why, instead of making this kind of sweeping value judgment and implicitly insulting most of the users.
>>
>>410649
I like how these two replies you've posted show that you're a well rounded person.
>>
>>410230
Your tears are delicious
>>
>>410230
>freely
>implying
>>
>>411058
>>
>>409814
>Why do you think /a/ is a good community, or better than other communities on 4chan?
Nope they sure as hell ain't.
>see a thread of an anime that i don't like
>try to shitpost as much as possible to make it deleted LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING

This is pure autism. Even the tryhards there over at /v/ aren't that annoying.
>>
>>411812
Yep. This is something that has been implicitly encouraged in /a/ culture because it used to be you really could ruin threads with spam and basically not allow discussion of topics you didn't want. Pre-captcha and pre-image timers era was really fucking bad in that area. It used to be impossible to talk about things like Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece without someone coming in and abusing an imagedumper script.

Other boards grew out of it, for whatever reason, while this mentality of "if I don't like this topic I'm going to stop it from being posted" has kind of persisted on /a/.
>>
>>409628
average q/qa poster complaining about things they don't fully understand.
>>
>>411817
>Other boards grew out of it
There is literally a thread on /qa/ right now trying to get undertale banned from /v/.
>>
>>411817
>Other boards grew out of it
You mean newfags enforced inclusive culture on all the other boards
>>
>>409648
You say this in such a way that it makes me believe you're a victim to it yourself.

Why should we allow something that has nothing to do with /a/? That's why /tv/ and /v/ are shit because they lack self moderation. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.

And who does it matter if we admit it's a shithole? Will that somehow change anything? No, it's going to be the same thing except you'll sleep a little better knowing we publicly acknowledged it.
>>
>>411996
Vocal minority, which is why nothing has happened. It's quite possible to talk about Undertale on /v/ and it will continue to be that way.

>pasta captcha

Heh, yeah.
>>
>>412045
>Vocal minority
You're delusional. /v hates "tumblrtale" and shitposts every thread about it to death.
>>
>>412059
Not true. There are a few idiots who try to shitpost but most of them just ignore the shitposters and discuss it normally.
>>
>>412091
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/undertale/type/op/
Are you serious? Find me a thread that doesn't look like these.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/322333980
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/322340837/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/322344882
>>
>>409814
>Why do you think /a/ is a good community, or better than other communities on 4chan?
Because we openly shit on new people posting. It's delusional, it's stupid, but we put on the mask so people think it's a bunch of longtime enthusiasts posting there. It's all for the sake of making people think the board quality is higher than it actually is.
>>
>>412011
>Why should we allow something that has nothing to do with /a/?
This is bullshit. I'm a regular on /a/ and literally anything that goes against what is in reality a vocal minority's opinion get's aggressively shitposted on.

I remember getting called "reddit" for not liking loli characters. The thread itself got spammed and eventually 404'd all because they didn't like the opinion. There was nothing off-topic about it.
>>
>>412108
I created one earlier after making that post, so that I could prove my point.

>>>/v/324004252

As you can see it turned out quite peacefully.
>>
>>412150
Jesus, anon. That's your idea of a peaceful thread? It's almost entirely shitposting or shitting on undertale.
>>
Normies fuck off
>>
>>412151
I mean, by /v/ standards, sure.

I'm still of the opinion that /v/ would greatly benefit from IDs. Mods to realize that this is important to the most active boards. Slow boards can be left without IDs but putting them in would seriously kill a lot of shitposters.
>>
>anime is so cringey!
>how can you like this shit?

>...why did my thread get deleted?
Gee I don't know.
>>
>>>/v/323557843

Here's an example of a pretty nice Undertale thread I made once. I actually had no trouble with Undyne but wanted to see if /v/ would give me tips. Surprisingly, they did. So, the key is a good topic for discussion. If you have that, it doesn't matter what game it is.
>>
Hey OP, did you ever lurk on /a/? Or did you start posting right away?
>>
>>412154
IDs don't stop anything, they only create a new breed of shitposting
>>
>>412159
Not OP, but I did the latter once (because even though I've been a regular in the past I don't care about learning "board culture" which is always changing anyway) and everyone got really mad at me. Apparently /a/ really hates reading and will flip their shit if you type more than a sentence or two in the first post. Interestingly, I've learned that they're actually fine with long paragraphs inside the thread once the discussion gets rolling. I guess because at that point the people who actually care about the subject are the ones within.
>>
>>412162
>I don't care about learning "board culture" which is always changing anyway
Kill yourself
>>
>>412164
No.

What are you gonna do now, bitch?
>>
File: 2016-01-15-225455_121x34_scrot.png (2KB, 121x34px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15-225455_121x34_scrot.png
2KB, 121x34px
>>412166
>>
>>412167
>>412164
>Kill yourself
Quality post you have there. I'm just watching this thread, and you just made a complete ass of yourself, and it shows what many people on /a/ think of the rules. /a/ - Double Standards.
>>
>>412170
Kill you're self.
>>
>>412170
What double standards?
>>
File: 1452420498813.gif (906KB, 295x305px) Image search: [Google]
1452420498813.gif
906KB, 295x305px
>>412170
The only one who has made an ass of themself is you for getting upset. Kill you'reself
>>
>>412172
It's OK when /a/ makes low quality posts:
>>412164
>>412171

And announces reports:
>>412167
>>
>>412175
We're not on /a/.
And your posts are definitely shit.
>>
>>411996
There will always be the individuals that want things banned from their boards. The difference is there is a consistent pattern on /a/ where if a collective doesn't like something and are able to rationalize its existence as bad for the board, they feel entitled to employ "self-moderation" tactics, which generally consists of completely shitting up threads. The difference also is that this collective is also much more likely to get the blessing (official or unofficial) from moderators. So there's positive reinforcement there. It's worked in the past so people continue to do it.
>>
>>412175
No one has even said they are from /a/, nor are those really low quality posts. They are abuse. Keep grasping at straws.
>>
>>412176
Your main board is obviously /a/, so you carry your standards everywhere you go because you're just used to them. Just like how /v/ manages to drag their crap to every board.
>>
>>412177
4chan isn't an inclusive club. If the majority of the board really don't want something on it and have good reason for that, then so be it.
>>
/a/ has always been shit
>>
>>412179
>Your main board is obviously /a/
Or he's a old user, because that was the original culture on the site before newfags shit the place up with being inclusive
>>
>>412177
>wahh wahh why can't /a/ agree with me when I say anime is shit?!
You do know self moderation is a GOOD thing right?

>>412179
Nope, sorry. I haven't been there in two and a half years. I WISH every board was more like /a/ though.
>>
>>412120
"We put on the mask, but only WE can see behind it, you see. It's diabolical. fufufu!"

There is nothing past the surface on a public imageboard. There are different ways of interpreting things, sure, but what you see is what you get. What happens on /a/ is that the range and diversity of content is smaller than on other major boards because of the pernicious community-enforced homogeneity. That is not a good thing and /a/'s movement toward that end of the spectrum over the last several years is part of why the community has gone to shit and why other boards have higher-quality communities.

What I see now on /a/ is a bunch of people, most of which probably started posting in the last few years, the others of which mostly never really had original thoughts in their lives and just always moved with the ebb and flow of the community, falling for the "elitism" meme.
>>
>>412183
>I haven't been there in two and a half years
Sorry, I'm not going to believe that in the slightest when people can, and will, lie to weasel their way out of a difficult conversation on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>412185
Serious questions. Are you new? Did you lurk?
>>
>>412159
Cute, but I've probably been around /a/ much longer than you have. And this isn't me flaunting e-peen--the fact that I stopped hanging around there so much, got somewhat of a life, and educated myself is what's allowed me to have a more worthwhile perspective on the state of /a/. It's harder to find the shit when your brain has gotten to used to the smell.

I've got a strong emotional connection to /a/, which is why I made this thread and why its current status concerns me.
>>
>>412185
>im a newfag the post
/a/ went to shit because the mods got too lazy to remove the generals which made it easier for stupid newfags to invade

>falling for the "elitism" meme.
AHAHAHA

Also, stop namefagging you retard, no one gives a fuck who you are. Lurk moar
>>
>>412186
Ok, don't believe me if you want but here's how it went.
I briefly left /a/ two years ago when E3 was coming around so I mainly browsed /v/. Then I stopped going to /a/ altogether because every time I went there I saw spoilers of them manga I was following but was behind on. I'll admit I do go there every now and then but that's like once a month. I'm not proud to sy this, but I pretty much only browse /v/ nowadays.
I still watch a fuckton of anime everyday though.

/blog

>>412190
So when did you join /a/ and how much did you lurk?
>>
>>412190
>Cute, but I've probably been around /a/ much longer than you have
I seriously doubt that if you can't even figure out why your low effort bait thread was deleted
>>
>>412180
We have no real way of quantifying the majority. What you're actually saying is that we take the most vocal members, who can be vocal for many reasons outside of reason, and treat them as the representatives. It's wrong in the sense that they are not the representatives, and it is wrong in the sense that, even if they were, no group on /a/, no matter how large, has any business dictating what opinions can be expressed or the context under which anime is discussed.
>>
>>412195
I LOVE NARUTO XD

SASUKE IS SO EDGY XDDDD
>>
>>412187
You can't deny that a lot of people will try to fit in with what appears to be an elitist community. They want to feel like they're a part of something exclusive to feel unique without actually being something different.

>>412194
OP's thread could have been about why anime is in the current state that it is in. /a/ didn't like the criticism of their pastime, so they decide to shitpost the thread to hell instead of being critical of their hobby. This is nearly /v/ levels of stupidity. The OP was logical and level headed, but /a/ doesn't like to think of the negative aspects on anime.
>>
>>412197
Hi OP. Could you not avoid my questions?
>>
>>412181
The difference is that /a/ used to be a fun place to hang out. It's not just that I grew up, /a/ has changed a lot. Back in like 09 when /jp/ was coming into its own it became this place where basically everyone was tripping over themselves to see how could be the most elitist, passive-aggressive, and a "true /jp/er." It was horrible (though a lot more entertaining than the borefest that is /jp/ now). Now, it seems that /a/ has adopted that kind of thinking where the elitism is no longer done ironically. It's something that newposters (and the sheep) internalized and so the board has moved towards the end of the spectrum with no chill.
>>
>>412198
I'm not OP. I'm giving my reasoning as to why I believe that thread didn't have to be the way it was. It didn't have to be a shit-fest of ignorance. I'm also backing OP up because he's right about /a/ and the way people there tend to react to certain things.
>>
>>412197
No, it was asking why anime is so cringe and complaining about manchildren. It's straight up obvious bait and gets treated as such. On top of that, he showed a clear lack of understanding of the industry and current airing anime and assumed EVERYTHING is like that. Meta discussion is banned in the first place and should stay as such because its fucking stupid.

HIS post is /v/ level shit, because its on the same fucking level of bait. It's thinly veiled complaining about something he clearly lacks knowledge of to get replies.
>>
>>412194
I've spent multiple posts establishing why the thread was deleted and how it reflects the decline of /a/. Feel free to read.
>>
>>412199
Elitism is a good thing though. Or what you prefer being flooded by newfags thinking their opinions matter?
>>
>>412199
Elitism was never done ironically. 4chan was, since every early on, incredibly 'elitist' and anti-outsider. There was never anything wrong with this either, as it maintained a community. Any community worth its salt is 'elitist' and anti-outsider and straight up abusive.
>>
>why is all anime shit?
>btw I've watched more than 20 entire shows and my favorite one is Naruto so I know what I'm talking about
>>
>>412202
Being provocative is not trolling. "Bait," which you could classify any thread made you don't like as, is a worthless term.

I understand anime just fine. In fact, my knowledge of anime history probably vastly exceeds yours. I spent much of my young adulthood analyzing anime going back to its inception (back when Toei was emulating Disney and making anime Miyazaki actually liked) and watching sales trends and the like. I've been in literally hundreds of discussions on /a/ relating to the anime industry and the way it's changed. Shit, I've got basically an encylopediac knowledge of anime made before 2012.
>>
File: 094[1].jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
094[1].jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>412209
>>412209
>my knowledge of anime history probably vastly exceeds yours.
>I spent much of my young adulthood analyzing anime
>I've got basically an encylopediac knowledge of anime made before 2012
>>
>>412202
>bait
You're using that term the exact way many people on /v/ use it. OP was trying to start a discussion on how some people may perceive anime. Many people didn't like the opinion that was expressed in the OP, so they shitposted the thread. The only real reason it should have been deleted for was because it was a meta thread. NOT because it was "bait". You see everything in an overly hostile light, so you can't tell the difference between opinions and "bait".
>>
Hey OP why don't you try going to /sp/ and say all sports are shit for losers.
Or on /v/ and say video games are for children.
See how that goes for you.
>>
>>412204
>>412206

I can value elitism that's based on knowledge and the ability to express yourself intelligently. Elitism based on making a limited range of opinions acceptable isn't valuable. In either form, it's just not that serious, and it shouldn't undermine cartoon message boards as a place to enjoy oneself.

"Elitism" on 4chan in general has never actually been based on trying to stop new people from getting in. Its true purpose has been to make people on an anonymous forum who've internalized an identity but have no way of expressing it because they lack a persistent persona feel more included in an amorphous group. Further, it's been instrumentalized to dictate which expressions are acceptable and which are not.
>>
>>412213
The thread was only meta anime, which is completely fine. "Meta" in the context of on-topic only applies to meta-/a/ discusison--discussion about /a/ itself.
>>
>>412218
Why don't you stop bitching and make the thread again? And if it still fails, why don't you fuck off for good? You obviously hate /a/ as it is.
>>
>>412209
Holy shit, this fucking post
>>
>>412219
The bottom paragraph looks like meta-/a/ discussion to me.

>>412220
Even If OP made the thread (without meta-/a/ discussion) again, it would only be shitposted again. It would be pointless to make it again.
>>
>>412222
Disregard my comments on meta-/a/ discussion. I wasn't paying attention. Sorry.
>>
>>412216
For one, that's not what was said. It reflects a lot about you (and probably some of your peers) if that's what you got from it. Two, if someone wanted to express why they have a problem with sports or a particular sport on /sp/ they should be able to provided it's not blatant trolling. If you've read through my posts in this thread you'd see I'm pretty liberal about what I think you should be able to post on boards.

And /sp/ isn't the best example considering it's a very easygoing board and they're unlikely to be "triggered" by opinions they disagree with. They have a culture based around making fun of one another and are not babied by 4chan staff.
>>
>>412218
>"Elitism" on 4chan in general has never actually been based on trying to stop new people from getting in
No, that literally was the point. That's why lurk moar was a popular phrase. The purpose of it was to halt new people to almost non-existent and only those who learn the culture can get it.
>>
>>412225
>"how can people enjoy this cringey shit?"
>posted on /a/, where people watch any kind of anime
>>
>>412226
You're looking at the surface level, and I'm telling you people's words don't mean what they say. It's a post-hoc rationalization. The impulse is based on insecurity related to identity, and people aren't afraid of new posters as much as they are insecure about the basis of their identity being disrupted.
>>
>>412219
Meta also applies to the industry of anime/manga, which isn't really allowed as it gets bans quite often, as it fucking should. Shit is bad.

>>412222
It'd get shitposted again, because it sums up to 'when you stop being a loser and go ouside, why is anime so bad? why is it only man children buy into it?'. Typing up a decent OP doesn't change the opinions and the point behind the post. A point, that is nothing but straight up low effort bait. It's no different to complaining about vidya on /v/ or tv shows on /tv/ while typing up a semi-intelligent post without directly saying that. The only difference is this thread would go free on /v/ and /tv/ because they are will take the same obvious bait every time instead of reporting it
>>
Cry more. Oh wait, you're already doing that.
>>
>>412228
>he impulse is based on insecurity related to identity, and people aren't afraid of new posters as much as they are insecure about the basis of their identity being disrupted.
No, you're just an idiot who was never around at the time and is trying to think of why people would because anti-outsider and anti-stupid. You are thinking too much and will never come to the reason why because you think their is some deeper meaning to it other than keeping idiots out
>>
>>412227
I was shitting on romance in anime, which is probably 80% terrible, especially in the contemporary, LN/VN-influenced era. I should be able to express that opinion on an anime board, and anyone who doesn't agree should either engage me or just ignore the topic altogether.

>>412220
I'm not interested in making the thread anymore. I made the thread because I saw something shitty out of an anime I was watching. The fire isn't there anymore to have that discussion. The fact that its deletion reflects more fundamental issues with /a/ is a lot more important to me right now.

I don't hate /a/. I hate what it's become and what it's going towards. Further, my emotional ties to it prevent me from simply ignoring it altogether right now.
>>
>>412228
4chin is srs business

t. the 4chin and animu expert
>>
>>412229
There is nothing wrong with discussing anime within a context above the show-level. Genre-level, industry-level discussions only reasonably belong on /a/. /a/ is for discussing anime and manga, not (only individual) anime and manga.
>>
>>412232
>/a/ should hold discussion of everything relating to anime/manga regardless how stupid of a question it is or how retarded the post is
All you are asking for is for /a/ to abandon 4chan roots, become inclusive and become fucking /v/. Because that's why /v/ became shit, because it started to allow everything, even stupid shit and if you don't like it, ignore it until it consumes the entire board.
>>
>>412236
No, there is everything wrong with that, because industry and genre discussion is fucking stupid and cancerous as hell. I can't think of a time were its actually constructive discussion for any medium, doesn't turn into shitfest and isn't just mostly people who know fucking nothing about what they are talking about. It should stay banned and only be allowed on occasion and threads made just for it sure as hell shouldn't be allowed
>>
>>412231
Actually, I'm just employing common sense, experience, and drawing on what I know about how humans internalize and instrumentalize identity in general. We see this tendency to want to feel superior and police behavior of a group out of people trying to assert their membership of a group in basically every conceivable identity.
>>
>>412241
Holy shit anon get it together, it's just chinese cartoons.
>>
>>412164
>>412167
>>412171
>>412174
>>412176
>hurr kill yourself if you disagree with me
/a/utists in action
>>
>>412241
Yea, you are just a idiot who is thinking too much into everything and thinks everything has some deeper meaning to it. I'm sure you think your some deep and mature individual. No, you fucking moron, it was there because people outside the site acted like idiots, residents of the site didn't like that, so they fucking shut them out to preserve the quality of the place. In addition, 4chan was not just founded by anime forums and goons, but a lot of older internet users, said users who were also anti-stupid
>>
>>412244
I want you to live forever!
>>
>/a/utists believe they are better than reddit
>they ban and shitpost anything they don't like

Kek
>>
>Other boards looking down on /a/ for discussing anime they like and not caring about real life shit
>Others boards which has no discussion but instead you spam the dank meme of the week because its somehow funny
Ok but needs more maymay the frog and feel shit.
>>
>>412249
Downboated! :?)
>>
>>412237
The context under which a topic is discussed is completely independent from WHO discusses it.

The problem with /v/ has nothing to do with the contexts in which it has discussions on video games. In fact, the wide range with which /v/ has its discussions is pretty valuable.

The main problem with /v/ is that it's too large for its own good, its content is accessible to almost everyone from the kind of people who'd come to a place like 4chan from all ages. So you've got a relatively high signal-to-noise ratio and too many kids. For the people who go there, it's fine. It's not as bad as boards who've made it their boogeyman make it out to be, and it's actually gotten a lot better, considering a time period in which they didn't even discuss video games half the time.

/a/ actually has the signal-to-noise ratio and age problem too, but to a less significant degree (but increasingly significant as I get older), with its own other host of problems that we've gone over in this thread. So don't look to another board's problems to dismiss the problems with your board.
>>
ITT: newfags can't handle OP telling the truth
>>
>>412252
>>412243
>>
>>412239
They are naturally provocative discussions, they are stimulating and generate discussion. That is a good thing. Just because you don't like them or the direction some people go with them doesn't justify eliminating a whole, very important, dimension to understanding and analyzing anime and manga. You talk about being constructive, but such threads are far more constructive then the waifu/fetish-type threads that are prevalent on /a/, which based on my interpretation actually have negative value in the extent they're posted on the board.
>>
>>412212
>>412221
You are not even trying to refute him
>>
>>412245
I am a deep-thinking individual, yes. (tips fedora)

I'm sure you really want to believe that people on 4chan (or /a/) are really rational and don't base their decisions on emotion, but that's just wrong according to any kind of credible literature you'd read on the topic.
>>
>>412239
Yeah waifu faggotry and constant circlejerking is so much better and more productive
>>
>>412262
>going on /a/ or 4chan in general to do something productive
top kek

Go back to watching anime instead of sperging about /a/
>>
Notice how OP is reasonable, calm and collected and his opposers are frustrated and full of rage with no thought on their own
>>
>>411294
>>411303
Stop acting like a tryhard.

>>410309
Starting posting, after lurking, around mid 2005. The reason I can see what is going on and can articulate such is because I've been there and lived through it.
>>
The samefagging in this thread by OP is unbelievable.
>>
>>412204
>Or what you prefer being flooded by newfags thinking their opinions matter?
That is EXACTLY what has happened to /a/.
>>
>>412229
>Meta also applies to the industry of anime/manga, which isn't really allowed as it gets bans quite often, as it fucking should. Shit is bad.
If you can't talk about the fucking industry behind anime and manga on the fucking anime and manga board, the board has failed in its purpose.
It sounds as though you're basically offended by the sort of discussion adults would actually enjoy having- and before you sperg out like a fucking idiot, be reminded that 4chan is an 18+ website.
>>
>>412267
>I don't know what samefagging means
>>
>>412264
Let me get this straight: you are actively pushing the idea that adults who want to discuss anime and manga should come to an imageboard established to discuss anime and manga, and should act like 13 year old talking about their favourite characters instead?
That's what /a/ has come to: people bitching about their favourite characters, who they would like to fuck, and why everything someone else likes is terrible if they do not share your preferences.
Well fucking done. Your attitude, the prevalent attitude, is why /a/ is so fucking insufferable and why it is almost impossible to have a discussion with someone about something without ten other people jumping in and aping out.

>>412267
It would only be samefaggotry if you were the OP pretending not to be the OP in making that post. Otherwise is makes no sense in this context.
>>
>>412272
tl;dr WAHH WAHH BOO WHOO
>>
Hey OP what are your top 10 shows?
When did you join /a/?
How long did you lurk?
>>
>>412274
He's been longer than you newshit
>>
>>412282
>He
Sure.
>>
>>412255
>>412260
You really are a fucking fedora, fucking hell. Shocking news! It's fucking entertainment. You were never going to get this deep, mature and intellectual discussion for a deep, mature and intellectual person such as myself in the first place, nor was it ever there. It only occurs on certain series and that is it. And it sure as hell doesn't happen in any form of meta thread. It's fucking entertainment and its entertainment that is made to be entertainment and is treated like entertainment by the elevens. There isn't much to be analytical about. People like you really are the fucking worse, because you guys have to be hyper critical on everything you watch and are incapable of just enjoying shit and then go and complain about 'moeshit'. Just kill yourself or go to either
>>>/gaia/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/mal/
>>>/ann/
All 4 of these are exactly what you are looking for. Lurk moar

>>412258
There is literally nothing to intelligently reply to when a post it just
>lala im smarter than you and i know much more on the topic than u because i say i do despite having know basis for this lala i m smarter than u
>>
>>409628
Haven't browsed /a/ in a while but I'm glad to see it's still going.
Get fucked, OP. Normalfag blogshit doesn't belong there.
>>
>>412285
Yeah he's obviously smarter than you because you are a braindead mouth breathing fucktard who hates challenging his opinions and replies to everything with empty buzzwords
>>
>>412287
still samefagging
>>
>>412286
And here we see another stupid newshit trying to fit in

>>412288
>there's no fucking way more than one person can have different opinion from me
>I don't know what samefagging means

You are fucking embarrassing
>>
>>412287
Maybe he should first stop talking like a mouth breathing retard with his head up his arse thinking he knows best, is smarter than everyone else and is some le oldfag :^) when he has clearly showed he isn't
>>
>trying to create any serious discussion on 4chan gets you flooded with memes and buzzwords

Good job, this is how you convinced redditfags about bullshit that reddit is for serious discussion and 4chan for shitposting

Stop ruining this site
>>
>>412289
You reply in the same angry way to any post disagreeing with you or OP. It's pretty easy to spot your writing style.
>>
>>412285
>having any standards in entertainment is fedora
>le just turn your brain off! xD
>>
>>412292
No one is arguing against serious discussion, the argument is that OP is a fucking idiot. OP sure as hell isn't the one looking for serious discussion making a OP that is just 'why is anime all bad' on fucking /a/
>>
>>412295

>>412295
Exactly
Wanting any depth from Anime is like wanting depth in capeshit
>>
>>412295
>standards
There is a difference between making something with the intent of enjoying it and OPs faggotry of it should make you think and everything must has a deeper meaning behind it. Nice strawman
>>
>>412296
But he "seriously" intends to rile people up with his insults, so it's not trolling. It's serious discussion.
>>
>>409628
Your post got deleted because shitters who got offended reported your post hundreds of times, and the mods, being the good /a/non's own personal pussyboys, deleted the thread. Other off-topic shit like imouto and loli threads never get deleted though, because they enjoy popularity, so the mods usually leave them alone for several hours or even a whole day. But that's just the way /a/ is, if you don't like it don't go there. /a/ is a democracy in the truest sense, where the majority rules over the minority. /a/ might seem incredibly hypocritical and childish ("Stop liking what I don't like) to you, but whenever you think about /a/ or head bold into a long debate against hundreds of anons, you're actually just wasting your time, believe it or not. If you just so happen to be a minority, you're out of luck. So just leave /a/ be.
>>
>>412301
It's almost like OP's thread was deleted because he was deliberately being a cunt.
>>
>>412300
No, it's not trolling. Trolling is effectively causing discourse within a community and things like that. It normally takes effort. A good example is 'leaking' 2 years worth of irc logs of 4chan mods at a time were people are looking for a reason to dislike the mods, samefag and announce them as the truth. This as a result causes a wave of stupid idiots who believe it all to be the truth and refuse to believe otherwise. Now THATS trolling. OP is low effort baiting. He intentionally picked something controversial and then typed his post in a way that says 'its shit why its all shit liking it means your shit and arent a functional member of society you stupid manchild' without saying any of that. /a/ is pretty much the only board that shit won't fly, because people will report you for shitposting instead of replying like idiots . OP is just upset that his bait got him banned instead of a bump limit thread like he did on /v/ and /pol/, so he's damage controlling he pretending to be a oldfag on /qa/ to try and make himself feel better.
>>
>>412307
The logs are real. They just don't indicate half of what people claim they indicate in /qa/.

People have fabricated IRC conversations before but those have almost always been brief snippets. An IRC log is approximately two dozen people chatting with each other over the course of two years. It would take a writer months to come up with that much text corresponding to real 4chan events (not to mention a programmer to set everything into the IRC log format and all the joins and leaves). The simple explanation is simply more plausible in this case.
>>
>>412285
I love how only /a/ /tv/ and /v/ have this strong attitude against serious discussion and treating medium as more than entertainment

You never see this happening on boards about truly elitist media like /lit/

Even fucking /mu/ has better discussions at times
>>
>>412285
This is just a strawman. I don't expect every discussion on /a/ to be highly complex. I value /a/ as a place to hang out and joke about shit. I understand that it's cartoons and it's not serious business all the time.

The problem is that not only is "junk food" style content way too prominent, more productive discussion are being actively discouraged, especially if those discussions are at odds with /a/ orthodoxy. Just look at my thread. There is nothing wrong with being critical of a certain aspect of certain kinds of anime. It has no place anywhere but the anime board, and if there are members of the anime board that can't deal with it, they shouldn't be placated.

Comparing and contrasting anime based on genre, era, studio, visual style, sales, etc. requires more analytical ability than simply saying you like this or that anime without any sense of context, which is apparently what your advocating for. Even if it didn't, you can't say that it is less mentally stimulating than fetish nonsense, so those would be the first to go by the criteria you set forth, assuming there's any sort of reason to them. If you don't like the idea of engaging in productive discussion on anime, fine, but you shouldn't be saying that other people can't.

Not once have I complained about "moeshit." Funny, you'd find that I actually have very varied taste in anime and I'm generally critical of those types who have an unnunanced stance of "old" anime versus new and lack an open mind with respect to cute artstyles. That said, again, romance in anime is mostly terrible, and it was ruined by light novels and visual novels.
>>
>>412307
>anything I don't agree with is bait!

Glad to see you are so offended though
>>
>>412313
>Just look at my thread.
Your OP was written to make fun of /a/ and other anime fans for being socially unacceptable 35-year-old virgins who have never held hands with a girl, and gain replies by making people angry.

You are not so retarded that you are oblivious to this fact.
>>
>>412302
99% of /a/ posters are smug cunts but they never get their posts deleted
>>
>>412307
>>412315
Kek you are just making shit up
Did OP hit too close to home?
>>
>>412321
>Kek you are just making shit up
Did you read the OP?
>>
>>412301
I am an opinionated person and I enjoy debating. I enjoy proving people wrong. I enjoy tweaking my opinions as a response to different points of view and information. So I wouldn't consider it a waste of time even if no ones opinions were changed. Yet I do feel that you can change opinions. It doesn't have to be immediately, but threads like this will put the seed in people's heads so they can think about things differently and possibly offer encouragement to those who don't want to speak out for whatever reason.
>>
OP is either talking himself up in some sort of absurd long con, or just too genuinely socially retarded to realize what's wrong with his OP.

Ten to one odds on the former.
>>
>>412307
Again, "bait" is a term that is effectively worthless, as it can apply to any and everything. You're complaining because it's provocative, which is nonsense on multiple levels. For one, it's not about it being provocative. It's about it being provocative in a way that's disharmonious with /a/ orthodoxy. Two, even if it were, that's not really all that relevant here. It's not trolling, as you pointed out, and therefore shouldn't have been deleted.
>>
>>412325
>It's about it being provocative in a way that's disharmonious with /a/ orthodoxy.
This is essentially the textbook definition of trolling.

Everybody with half a brain knows that if you wanted a "real discussion" you wouldn't have written such a deliberately inflammatory OP. You came here to stir shit in /a/, and then complain about it in /qa/ after your thread got canned.
>>
>>412315
My thread was made to discuss romance in anime. And I didn't make fun of /a/. I made fun of the 35 year old Japanese men who spend thousand of dollars on these kinds of anime. It is really baffling that someone that old could watch this kind of stuff and derive that level of enjoyment from it. Really, the point of the thread was to analyze anime relationships within the context of how your level of social aptitude relates to how you perceive these kinds of things in anime. I spent much of my adolescence and young adulthood watching anime and liking this kind of stuff, but once I got older and started dealing with real people, I really do have an aversion towards this kind of nonsense. I wanted to make that perspective known while generating discussion on it.

I don't have to be nice, never had to be nice. No one has to be nice. It's cute though that suddenly when it comes to your insecurities being touched upon you want /a/ to be hugbox. /a/ has provocative discussions about anime all the time. It's really on multi-level kind of discussions that might be critical of anime in general or some aspect of it that are judged against this kind of standard.
>>
>>412326
No, trolling is when you say provocative things specifically to make people angry and cause ruckus. If you're suggesting that you can't say something that disagrees with perceived dominant opinion or else you're a trolling, you're just proving the overarching point I've had.

What happened here is I was provocative with my expression of my opinion as anyone on 4chan is, in a way I thought nothing of, as it's how I often post, it's how other people post. It's how we've always posted.

I'm having a real discussion now, a discussion in which I've probably written more than the other 43 posters in here combined, and I was just as provocative as I was in that OP.
>>
>>412333
>And I didn't make fun of /a/.
Is there anyone here who genuinely believes that? I don't count you since we all know you can't possibly be as oblivious as you look.

>I don't have to be nice, never had to be nice.
You made a troll OP. You got banned.

Troll OPs such as "everybody who likes X is a loser" are not, in fact, judged with the same standard as other non-troll OPs.
>>
>>412335
I wasn't banned.

I have no problem making fun of /a/ or any other group on 4chan I simply did not in that OP and you're clearly reading it wrong if you're saying I did. Nor was my post constructed in the way you implied.
>>
>>412337
>Nor was my post constructed in the way you implied.
Well now that you've managed to explain how you actually didn't insult anyone 242 posts and 72 hours later, I guess we can all look forwards to your next subtly insulting masterpiece, this time around equipped with even more plausible deniability.
>>
>>412338
The only one in denial is you
>>
>>412312

That's because they're just games/anime/films, you fucking manchild.

Their only purpose is entertainment.
>>
>>409628
>watch shit anime
>complain his anime is shit
topkekeronni
>>
>>412316
One step at a time, my friend. Slowly but surely.
>>
>>412185
My post wasn't claiming it's some concious effort, let alone defending it you massive newfag.
>>
>>412356
>the only purpose of films is entertainment
Look at this pleb
>>
>>412449
Some forms of entertainment can be considered art but don't be naive. Most media is produced simply to entertain.
>>
>>409628
>Why was my perfectly reasonable thread on /a/ deleted?
Because it was setup as a perfect troll post. Intended or not.
>post is basically blogging
>bringing real life shit into the discussion
>shitting on anime
>trying to be subtle about how it isn't about "moe" but it really is
>saying Madoka and Haruhi are good
The last one alone alone will get people shitposting everywhere with arguing if they are good or not.
You would have been far better off just going "Why is romance in anime done so badly?" with a relatable picture instead.
>>
>>412493
Since when is Haruhi and Madoka being good anime controversial?
>>
File: 1413945963469.jpg (50KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
1413945963469.jpg
50KB, 376x376px
>>409628
>5+ years ago you had blatant troll threads that would stay up without a hitch, and I miss those days, since at least you got interesting discussion out of them and it was a relative free marketplace of ideas.
>everything about this sentence
>>
>>412512
It isn't about being controversial, it is about the posters that will come out and go
>madoka
>good
and so on.
Just saying something like Madoka is good makes it a prime target for trolls since they know people will reply to them if they say it is shit. Next thing you know the thread is pure shit flinging if not kept in check.
>>
>>412513
What's the problem?
>>
Oh shoot, I get it now. It's only considered trolling on /a/ because they would flip their lids over criticism of anime. Even if OP honestly didn't want it to be like that, /a/ knew they were expected to freak out about it. The hivemind knew that was the proper procedure when criticism shows up. It WAS trolling, but only because of how /a/ reacts to that. It's like MLP stuff years ago. Post a pony anywhere, and people freaked out, and it's partially because they were expected to freak out about ponies. I guess /a/ is right this time. If OP was planning to make a shitpost thread, shame on him. If he was trying to talk about the subject normally, shame on /a/.
>>
>>412518
I think OP was making a genuine thread but he doesn't realize how /r/iamverysmart he is. Anyone with more self-awareness would have made that thread for shitposting purposes.
>>
OP if your thread didn't get deleted until 250+ posts it might have devolved into flaming/blogshit that is completely off topic. It happens to threads.
>>
>>412641
>doesn't realize how /r/iamverysmart he is
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>412781
All you had to do was plug it in after reddit (which you know damn well it's a reddit board because of the /r/). Why are you wasting time asking?
>>
File: 723927798866.png (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
723927798866.png
68KB, 500x500px
>why is anime different from real life?
>how can you enjoy this shit for retards?

>expects a serious thread with this OP
>>
>>412781
pretentious fedora
>>
>>412124
I guess you've got to understand that some people really, REALLY don't want /a/ to condone intolerance of lolicon, in fear that it will invite people that will actively derail loli threads and crack down on loli content.

The reason why they are calling you reddit is just shorthand condemnation of your attempt to bring a majority opinion outside of 4chan into 4chan.

I guess the point is this: if you want to post barely SFW loli content and obsess over lolis, WHERE ELSE on the open, English internet can you do so, other than different imageboards?

Yes, it IS a safespace. But how the fuck do you expect to respond when they know you have the moral high ground, populist support, and their only argument is that they like lolis. The easiest option is to make you fuck off, and the thing is, for that particular opinion, there are many, many places you will fit in which happen to not be /a/.

Most people just don't bring it up if the disagree.
>>
>>409628
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>409733
That's a load of shit. moot only banned people when they were being quintuple faggots. Janitors were only supposed to delete blatantly off-topic threads and spam, and even then with a grain of salt. This past year has been nothing but self-important fucks deleting posts for no reason on a multitude of boards. I've gotten warnings for the first time in ten years over things that were mild at the worst based on a really strict and hitherto unknown interpretation of the rules.

The worst part is they're not alone; there's a large number of posters these days who can't handle anything that doesn't fit their view of what "on-topic" means. You used to get banned publicly for spamming the report button, but now they're encouraged to report everyone and everything like some sort of Stazi agent. This isn't even the /pol/ shit that has been allowed to run rampant, it's things that were always considered a part of a board's purview.

Go look at /sp/. I just came back after a year long absence and it's a fucking ghost town. Nobody posts outside of the general threads, if they even post at all. Maybe that's why moot left: somewhere along the line this place changed. The staff comes from the membership and there's always going to be more newfags than oldfags. Maybe I just don't fit the mold of this new, sanitized 4chan.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 365x77px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 365x77px
>>412947
>You used to get banned publicly for spamming the report button
How do you get banned publicly by reporting? There is no post to show the ban on unless you actually posted that you reported someone, which has been a rule for quite a few years now.
Also moot use to ban people for shits and giggles all the time (when he was actually active that is).
>>
>>412947
Except, its fucking not. The site was /never/ about freedom of speech, nor did it ever have that. Free speech implies you have the right to say what you please without someone coming and censoring you or giving you punishment for expressing your opinion. 4chan has never been a place of freedom of speech. The mods have held the right to censor shit and publicly execute you for your opinions since day one. Doing so has been heavily discouraged by moot, but they very much have had the right to and they used to do it regularly, whether it was serious or just a joke.

People who say the site isn't about freedom of speech don't want to fucking shut out opinions they don't like, they want you to not fucking spread misinformation and bring idiots to the site. Doing that only brings in idiots who do shit like chanology and GG and complain when you ban them for fucking complaining about SJW on /v/. 4chan doesn't have freedom of speech, it has fucking anonymity. This allows you to say whatever you want and post anything. That, however, isn't freedom of speech, as the mods and admin still hold the right and will fucking censor and remove opposing opinions they don't like. They've always done that. GG and chanology are literally the best example for this shit.

Stop spreading fucking misinformation and misconceptions that aren't true. The site doesn't have freedom of speech, it has anonymity. Saying it is, is doing nothing but bringing in the stupid meme spouters, shitposters and stupid activistfags. 4chan is primary a site for anime and nerdy niche hobbies, not fucking talking about everything and your stupid opinions. That's what /b/ is for.
>>
>>412984
>That's what /b/ is for.
Nice job contradicting yourself. This line just invalidated your entire post. /b/ is actually part of 4chan, and setting it aside for fucking everything and stupid opinions means 4chan officially welcomes fucking everything and stupid opinions.

>>412947
>You used to get banned publicly for spamming the report button
How would they even do that, take a screenshot of the mod UI and start a thread with it to make it public?
>>
>>413049
/b/ =/= 4chan you fucking moron
>>
>>413054
Then which site hosts it, dumbass?
>>
>>413056
It's a board on 4chan, but that's it. It does not represent 4chan in any way
>>
>>413061
This post is a joke, right?
>>
>>413063
Have you ever even been to /b/ lately?

It might as well not even be part of 4chan.
>>
>>409628
This thread pretty muhc proves that /a/ is the biggest echo chamber on this site and barely different from reddit

Just look at all those angry replies
>>
>>413063
Is your post a joke? Refer to
>>409733
>>
>>413080
Here's hard proof that it's still part of 4chan:
>>>/b/

>>413083
Refer to http://www.4chan.org/

It's too bad you're butthurt that people can post things that offend you here, but you can't stop it by crying about it.
>>
>>412984
I explained to you already in the other thread what free speech is, and why you were wrong, but clearly you didn't learn since you are peddling the same nonsense.

Free speech rarely exists without restrictions (in practice it does not), so the existence of restrictions doesn't imply the inexistence of free speech. It's an ideal. Having a policy of not censoring people because they express something someone doesn't like is what free speech is about. It's what 4chan has generally been about. Banning certain viewpoints has NEVER been a 4chan thing. You're exposing your youth and inexperience with the internet. There are few places where you can express the kinds of things you can express on 4chan without fear of official reprisal. Most online communities are very clear in not allowing X on there boards because people find it uncomfortable. The degree to which that exists on 4chan is much smaller. And depending on the board, nonexistent.

Again, that doesn't imply a free-for-all. You're limited in that you have to stay on-topic, format your post in an adimin-defined respectable way, have a certain tone, etc. on most boards, but you've generally never been restricted in what things you can express, and in practice restrictions on tone and word-use are very loose.

Anonymity here aids in establishing a place where people can express themselves freely in that it recognizes that the fear of social reprisal makes people less apt to say what they want.

This has nothing to do with gamergate or chanology, and your association of them with it suggests you have some different irrational insecurities. moot didn't want people 4chan to a base for their activism (or so he suggested. He profited a lot from it until he didn't) and he didn't want people to think 4chan was a wild west with not any kind of (sometimes arbitrary) restrictions because then they'd post whatever they want when they wanted, but that's different from what's being talked about here.
>>
>>413127
Forgot to mention it doesn't matter what moot wants or wanted. He doesn't own 4chan anymore, and it's 2016.
>>
>>412180
The majority of /v/ doesn't want anime games on /v/. Do you think they should be allowed to ban them?
>>
>>412183
>"""""""self moderating""""""""
You mean shitposting?
>>
>>413573
I think you mean a loud minority wants to remove the purpose of 4chan from /v/, the very same people who probably spend their time shitposting about sjw. Those aren't /v/irgins, they are /v/ermin
>>
>>412311
So many people try and deny it still. Mind you most of those people are janitors and mods. Don't you think its funny that whenever someone posts a link to the IRC logs that person's post is deleted and that person is banned?

That is proof enough they are legit. If they were fake the mods wouldn't care, but since they actually delete them as fast as they can, then you know they don't want more people going against them
>>
>>412528
you forgot to add an "all me" in there for extra effect you piece of reddit shit
>>
>>413600
>If they were fake the mods wouldn't care
Before the actual leaks people would post fabricated "IRC logs" and would get banned for it anyway.
>>
File: shitboard.png (1MB, 1577x752px) Image search: [Google]
shitboard.png
1MB, 1577x752px
The reason I hate /a/ is because they can get away with posting off topic shitty threads.

>haha guys let's make awful threads about one character and talk about how cute they are best girl!
That's why /c/ exists, so you can post pictures and talk about cute animes

>sadpanda and hentai stuff
>>>/h/ >>>/e/

I could also go through and filter threads with not work safe op images but /a/ is a special snowflake thats allowed to post them for no reason, plus my definition of worksafe is different from yours.
>>
>>413663
If you want to play that card then /v/ and /pol/ could be easily hit in these same contexts.

Lots of threads on /v/ could be pushed onto /vr/ or /vg/, and lots of threads on /pol/ are more like /b/ or /int/ material that are clearly not strictly related to politics so much as insecure paranoia/conspiracy shit, and objective racism and prejudice hugbox threads.
>>
File: 1453002301104.png (972KB, 1577x752px) Image search: [Google]
1453002301104.png
972KB, 1577x752px
>>413663
/c/, /e/ and /h/ are for image dumping, not discussion. I do agree some of the on-topic threads are shit, however.

The blue board system exists for the sole purpose of preventing the site from drowning in porn. Not making it work safe. /a/ is allowed lewd pictures of official content as its board related and there is nothing wrong with it. 4chan is a 18+ site.
>>
>>413673
I agree heavily on the /v/ thing, but I don't browse the other boards often enough to notice generals. There's a lot of obnoxious generals on /v/ that are somehow up nearly 24/7, like undertale, dead or alive and stuff. /vg/ already has generals for a lot of the offenders on /v/ so it's annoying they still spam /v/. /vr/, from what I hear, is slower so pushing those threads over would help the board.

>>413674
I see a fair amount of discussion on those boards though. I guess the whole best girl threads are on topic but they could just as easily be on topic on /c/, where people post pics of their favorite.
As someone who browses 4chan on mobile out and about( absolute madman I know) , I'd like for there to be harder rules regarding worksafe stuff. An anime girl in a bikini with huge tits could easily go on /e/. I'll generally try to hide threads before I head out that are more NSFW but in my opinion they shouldn't be there in the first place.
>>
>>413689
Yes, there is discussion, but they don't exist for it. They exist for image dumping, not discussion. There is no poi-

>As someone who browses 4chan on mobile out and about( absolute madman I know) , I'd like for there to be harder rules regarding worksafe stuff.
Oh, your a fucking stupid retarded piece of shit. Kill yourself. You wouldn't browse a porn forum on mobile in public, so you shouldn't do it with 4chan. Mobile posters need to be fucking banned. If you browse the site outside of home and get caught at looking at lewd content, that is your own fault. 4chan has always been like this and that should never change to cater to a small userbase that completely miss the point of the site. Kill yourself newshit.
>>
>>413049
Because there's always that one faggot crying "I'M REPORTING YOU; FUCKING LAZY MODS"
>>
File: 1432013462705.gif (387KB, 497x350px) Image search: [Google]
1432013462705.gif
387KB, 497x350px
>>413694
I've been browsing for 4 years now, and I wouldn't consider myself a newfag but I wouldn't say I'm old either. I'm also posting from a computer right now.
When I browse a worksafe board I expect it to be worksafe, this also isn't a porn forum. If you want to throw a large group of 4chans users out the window based on their platform of choice go ahead, but I hope the mods who browse /qa/ consider us too.
>>
File: 1447057482278.png (125KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
1447057482278.png
125KB, 1000x550px
>>413699
>browsing for 4 years
>thinks his opinion fucking matters
Cute

No, 4chan is comparable to a porn forum. That 'large' group aren't the intended audience of the site and I hope you guys get thrown under the bus for trying to kill actual purposes of the site just so you can have your little safe space so you can shitpost in public. Go kill yourself newshit and fucking lurk moar.
>>
>>413699
>When I browse a worksafe board I expect it to be worksafe, this also isn't a porn forum
Here it is, look at that last sentence and fucking kill yourself. 4chan isn't a worksafe website at all and when you browse it you automatically accept that you will see nsfw constantly and that you are 18+.
>>
File: 1338963937665.png (2MB, 1164x4399px) Image search: [Google]
1338963937665.png
2MB, 1164x4399px
>>413703
oh shit is that a list? that must mean its an objective fact, here look at this shitty list some random faggot made, it obviously perfectly defines a massive portion of people on this website.

>>413705
If /a/ wants to be a special snowflake about the definition of worksafe then fine, I won't browse it when I'm not home. Theres 50~ other worksafe boards on this website that all follow the same guidlines and have actually decent discussion.
>>
File: 1448983981735.jpg (273KB, 1280x759px) Image search: [Google]
1448983981735.jpg
273KB, 1280x759px
>>413716
>missing the point
Retard

>If /a/ wants to be a special snowflake about the definition of worksafe
>being a retard
moot has gone on record /multiple/ times that the purpose is because not everything needs to be drowning in fucking porn. The intention was never to make the site sfw. Kill yourself and lurk moar, as you are the one who is the special snowflake here thinking the website should change for his needs.

>decent discussion
>POO IN THE LOO
>FUCKING JEWS
>FUCKING SJW WARRIORS
>le le le le shitpost
>le le meme
>desu senpai baka cuck
Sure
>>
>>413705
>Here it is, look at that last sentence and fucking kill yourself.
It's really amazing how people will pick the one mod statement that agrees with them and shit on every mod statement to the contrary, because the one they agree with is the holy grail and truth of 4chan and the one they disagree with is an ignorant stupid newfag mod.
>>
File: 1403930474614.png (23KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1403930474614.png
23KB, 128x128px
>>413728
>I say decent discussion on worksafe boards
>he just posts a bunch of /pol/ memes (a red board) and a bunch of vague stuff that was filtered or is unavoidable no matter where you are on the internet
Ok?
>>
>>413728
>The intention was never to make the site sfw.
The site isn't SFW. Some boards are SFW. moot has gone on record multiple times saying that you cannot post NSFW things in SFW boards.

>the purpose is because not everything needs to be drowning in fucking porn.
Yes, and since nobody wants to adjudicate when the amount of NSFW on a board crosses the line from "reasonable" into "drowning," it's all against the rules. Or rather, it was, until /a/ threw a royal shitfit and had hiro amend them.
>>
>>413750
It was never been against the rules. /a/ has been posting nsfw content from non-pornographic series for years without any problems.
>>
>>413758
>/a/ has been posting nsfw content from non-pornographic series for years without any problems.
/a/ had also been doing lots of other things for years, like r/a/dio and Amagami Challenge, that wouldn't survive a strict reading of the rules.
>>
>>413759
>that wouldn't survive a strict reading of the rules
And there is your problem, you are taking the rules literally. The rules have always been guidelines on what not to do. They are intentionally vague and are open to interpretation.

The simple fact is, since very early on, /a/nons wanted to talk about nsfw non-porn manga and anime, so that's what they got because it is 100% board related and doesn't harm anyone. The only people that it upsets is crossys and newfags who misunderstand the rules and think the blue boards should be 100% sfw.
>>
>>413760
/a/nons also want to do gay ERP, but thankfully there are rules for that kind of thing.

>/a/nons wanted to talk about nsfw non-porn manga and anime, so that's what they got
Good thing discussion of NSFW manga and anime doesn't actually require you post NSFW images. Not to mention that /a/nons actively discuss pornographic manga and doujinshi in /a/ despite nominally being limited by the inability to post images of sex.
>>
File: 1452441805555.gif (146KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452441805555.gif
146KB, 480x270px
>>413762
There isn't any rules against rping, but its not allowed as its ungodly levels annoying and doesn't contribute anything. The only thing that can be applied is GR6.

Congrats anon, but what does that have to do with anything? This is a image board, posting images of something is apart of discussing something. If the notion that people want to post board related content upsets you, maybe you shouldn't use 4chan and should go to a more safe website. Maybe something like >>>/reddit/?

You are literally upset that a board you don't even use wants to discuss and post something 100% board related. Said things don't even shit up the board nor consume it and you only want it gone because it upsets your stupid sensibilities like the stupid normalfag you are.
>>
>>413770
>If the notion that people want to post board related content upsets you, maybe you shouldn't use 4chan and should go to a more safe website. Maybe something like >>>/reddit/?
So why not just let people post pornography? After all, everyone who doesn't like it obviously belongs somewhere else.

>Said things don't even shit up the board nor consume it and you only want it gone because it upsets your stupid sensibilities like the stupid normalfag you are.
I don't actually care what the rule says. I just came here to laugh at you because you decided to pretend that moot was on your side when he never was.
>>
>>413759
Mods moved the Amagami Challenge thread to /r9k/ last month, actually.
>>
>>413775
Nice strawman

I'm positive its the other way around with me laughing at you because you're an idiot. Shit is the way it is, because moot /was/ on my side in this. /q/ has already come and gone and retards like you have already screamed like idiots and been told to fuck off by moot, the mods and actual users of the site. But nice deflection of
>i-im only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>413663
Your example of a thread about one character is literally discussing anime.

>>413689
"Let's encourage text on them because there's already some text on /c/ /h/ and /e/" is a self-defeating argument because it supports leaving the /a/ threads on /a/, as you already see a fair amount of them there.

>plus my definition of worksafe is different from yours.
>As someone who browses 4chan on mobile out and about
4chan is completely inappropriate for browsing in public and your behavior is the problem. You're engaging in public indecency, doing the equivalent of walking around with a livestream of a private nightclub. If someone posts 3D CP on /diy/, you're at fault for displaying it. The nightclub is a private place, not the street.

Furthermore, mainstream newspapers run lingerie ads and society approved of letting those be seen in public while people read the paper on the subway. You're such a puritan sex fearing feminist or bible thumper you're attacking traditional standards to try to drag them back into the 1800's.

>>413759
A strict reading of the rules says you're in violation of global rule 3 right now.
>>
Two words: board culture. If you don't like it, get the fuck out.
>>
>>413781
>because moot /was/ on my side in this. /q/ has already come and gone and retards like you have already screamed like idiots and been told to fuck off by moot
This never happened. Not even once. moot was asked multiple times by /a/nons whether they were allowed to post NSFW things in spoilers. moot said no. Every time.

>>413824
We all know the rules don't apply in /qa/.
>>
>>413826
>culture makes anything OK
In a nutshell, this is why /a/ is bad.
>>
>>413959
If you don't like it, get the fuck out.
Are you going to go to Iran or India and tell everyone that they're living wrong?
>>
>>409628
maybe you should stop being a absolutionist normalfag
>>
>>414037
If they're pooping in the streets (posting NSFW on /a/) when they have toilets (/e/, /h/, and /d/)? Then yes, I will tell them to clean up their environment (learn some very basic organization skills). /a/ is very much like /v/ in the sense that they act like disorganized teenagers that blame everything on someone/something else, or their parents (mods), when they're told to clean their room. /a/ only takes more offence when they are criticised because they have a massively ego. A quick peek at the catalog shows that the board really isn't any better than the rest of 4chan in terms of quality posts.

Inb4:
>you're a faggot
>kill yourself
>/v/ermin
>any variation of 'you should leave 4chan'

Just sayin' brah, a lot of people that regularly go to /a/ need to look in a mirror more often.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.