[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you love all artistic mediums equally and wish to analyze/compare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 32232111231.jpg (300KB, 610x804px) Image search: [Google]
32232111231.jpg
300KB, 610x804px
If you love all artistic mediums equally and wish to analyze/compare media across mediums, what can you do on 4chan?

I have three examples, from weakest to strongest:

1) What's the best animated film of all time?
Let's say you want to talk about what you deem are the best animated films, and say that you believe the End of Evangelion and The Iron Giant.

You can't post this on /co/ because EoE is an anime, you can't post this on /a/ because The Iron Giant is western, and you can't post this on /tv/ because both of these are animated. Where would you go?

2) "What is the x of y?"
Let's say that a videogame has a possibly unique method of getting across a narrative, and you wish to see if there are novels that it may draw influence from, or just plain share the type of narrative structure/content/etc.

If you were to post "What is the Drakengard of literature" on /lit/, you'd get banned/warned for posting videogames on a literature board. If you post it on /v/, you won't get a response because most people who play videogames don't read literature, and even if they did, the thread would go to page 10 because it's far less interesting than the discussion of actual videogames.
>>
3) It encourages discussion of art on a deeper, more complex, less discriminatory, and more intelligent level.

If you follow any of these people's essays and analysis: Every Frame a Painting, MathewMatosis, and Demolition D+, then you understand what I'm referring to here. There's absolutely no way to encourage or incentivize the discussion of what makes any given piece of art "good" in any board aside from /ic/, the board that's literally called "Artwork/Critique." You can't encourage/incentivize this because I'm going to be completely honest here, most 12 yo's that shitpost on 4chan find this type of discussion INCREDIBLY BORING, and many users will sage this types of threads because they believe that their own artistic medium isn't deep/complex and has no potential to be deep/complex, such as videogames and cartoons. There's no way to discuss the philosophy of what makes art good/bad on any given board because the moment you mention any other artistic medium (such as videogames on /mu/ or literature on /v/) you get laughed at by the art-bigoted userbase. There's no way to discuss and appreciate/chastise the differences between all mediums on any other board for the aforementioned reason.

Because the majority of the userbase of each given art/hobby board discriminates against other artistic mediums, there is no way of discussing and comparing the pro's and con's of each in an intelligent manner.

So, /qa/, after all of this, I have one thing to ask:

What can someone like me do, not use this website for this purpose and try a different one? I'd even be content with a board being made dedicated to this exact problem and having 20x the amount of advertizements, it certainly wouldn't be as popular as /b/ or /v/, which means that the owner/admins of 4chan would still make a hefty amount of money here.

What do you guys think?
>>
lol nerd also #banime
>>
>>408993
t-thanks
>>
>>408991
>2) "What is the x of y?"
No one posts that unless they want to have off-topic threads like "What is the Naruto of /v/?" with the thread full of post about how Naruto is shit or how they want to fuck Hinata or some other girl.

>What can someone like me do
Nothing really except go to another site where people type more than one line of text. People here tend to only care about what make them mad, what makes people they hate mad, and what gets them off.
>>
>>408991
You actually can post that on /co/.
>>
if you really love something and want to have a meaningful discussion about it, find some other site to do it on instead of 4chan.
>>
>>409029
>People here tend to only care about what make them mad, what makes people they hate mad, and what gets them off.
That's 4chan in a nutshell.

>>409072
I tried to go somewhere else for something I love once. It turned out to be a hive of what I hate most. No real standards. Empty words with no thoughts other than selfishness put behind them. No hint of love. Aside from two or three people, it was a collection of the kind of people I try to stay away from. I can just get by with 4chan as it is, myself.
>>
>>408991
>>408992
You just make your thread with a decently well thought out OP thats longer than a couple lines, and maybe add a "this is related to (board topic) because (reason), please give my thread a chance"

As much as we all like to complain about janitors, my experience has always been that well written threads don't get deleted as long as they're at least tangentially related to the board. The threads that get deleted almost always have template copy pasta snowclone style OPs, are obvious trolls, or are maybe quality threads but are concerning some issue that's already been highly politicized in the context of the given board's culture.

As for your thread being saged and people complaining that it's 2deep, etc., if you can't successfully fend off that kind of low level criticism then this probably isn't the right website for you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.